Future World 1899 -Starting Again....Again

• 300 replies

Offline CoasterCad

• Imagining since 1987
    • View Profile
Re: Future World 1899 - Hotel Futura POV
« Reply #240 on: November 01, 2018, 03:22 PM »
Bit late to the party but i just want to say Hotel Futura is amazing. Glad to have you building these amazing dark rides for us.
Let your imagination take you to take great places.

Offline Hethetheth

• Hey!!! look here!
    • View Profile
Re: Future World 1899 - Metropolis update
« Reply #241 on: November 09, 2018, 01:40 PM »
/\ Thank you very much!

Hi everyone,

So I've made progress with several of the smaller rides in the park's Metropolis area. I have added a Peoplemover type ride around the Metropolis section of the park, which interlinks with the buildings and has some near misses with the Iron Bullet ride, which itself weaves around the city.

A new ride has been built which weaves around the city and Iron Bullet at ground level, and that is World of Motors. This ride is an adaptation of my previous ride of the same name, but this time the ride provides some good views of the futuristic city alongside dark ride sections.

I've also been working of the night-time lighting for the park.

That's all for now :)
Heth.

« Reply #242 on: November 09, 2018, 02:33 PM »
this is beautiful. Love the way you fit the people mover into this

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 09, 2018, 04:44 PM »
Holy crap, Heth, the new forced-perspective fake skyline is somehow even more fantastic than the original.  Not least because it's both bigger than before but has to be viewed from multiple directions and distances.  I don't even begin to grok how you did that.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 08:59 PM by Bullethead »
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 10, 2018, 11:42 AM »
Amazing update. Everything looks so crisp and clean.

Offline Redhair

• Can't... Stop... Playing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 10, 2018, 06:54 PM »
I had to check your photos again after reading Bulletheads reaction...
OMG! This is the best forced perspective Ive seen so far in Planco. I absolutely love it!
Very well integrated. Also still in love with your color scheme ;)

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 10, 2018, 09:01 PM »
OMG! This is the best forced perspective Ive seen so far in Planco. I absolutely love it!

Yeah, that 2nd pic where you can see it all from a position no peep every will just boggles the mind.
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline zeroG

• View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 12, 2018, 09:09 AM »
Just beautiful!
Fantastic work on the Metropilis City and how everything interacts with it. The attention to details is wonderful as always and it looks marvellous at night.

greetz
zeroG
FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW YOU

Offline CoasterCad

• Imagining since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 12, 2018, 02:31 PM »
Can't stop watching those beautiful shots of your park.

Offline Hethetheth

• Hey!!! look here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 14, 2018, 11:34 AM »
Thanks for the lovely comments guys.

Only a little update today. You guys might remember this coaster from a past version of the park. It's a junior boomerang called Energiser. I do still like it, but it just doesn't fit with the current park (at least not right now), and so I'm putting it on the Workshop as a blueprint instead.

This steampunk boomerang was made for Future World, but in the end I'm not going to include it. However, I hope people enjoy it as a Blueprint on the Workshop :)

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1564979506

« Reply #250 on: November 14, 2018, 06:18 PM »
Wow, your discard pile is better than all the stuff I keep in my parks :P

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 14, 2018, 08:53 PM »
As a flintknapper, I'm not ashamed to dig through the debitage of masters in hopes not only of finding a piece of scrap rock I can whittle down into something useful, but also in just learning how to hit the rock properly from the morphology of their flakes.

So yeah, I'll be doing the same with this :)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Hethetheth

• Hey!!! look here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 20, 2018, 01:38 PM »
From molten metal into the forge, a twisted beast is formed. Test the strength of the ultimate steampunk metal, and test your own endurance on Twisted Steel.

Coming soon!

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 20, 2018, 07:35 PM »
Looking forward to it ;)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Hethetheth

• Hey!!! look here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 24, 2018, 11:36 AM »

Video update for a change :)

Offline Hethetheth

• Hey!!! look here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: November 25, 2018, 01:45 AM »
Another one!

The World of Industry / Industrial Zone land is coming together now:

Even better, Iron Bullet finally has a station, and the ride is now basically complete. I now need to film it and edit the video together, which I'll do some time in the next 2 weeks.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 25, 2018, 08:55 PM »
Your forced-perspective skyline there is just one of the many amazing things in this park ;)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 28, 2018, 11:26 AM »
Great stuff. I like the little nod to Nemesis Inferno coming out of the station.

Offline Hethetheth

• Hey!!! look here!
    • View Profile
Re: Future World 1899 - Twisted Steel POV
« Reply #258 on: December 05, 2018, 02:32 PM »
Twisted Steel.

In the Industrial Zone of Future World 1899, the world's leading industrialists have created the ultimate material. Using intense heat they have created the strongest and most twisted material ever invented. Test your metal by boarding the prototype vehicle on the rails of the Twisted Steel. Dive head first into the furnace before emerging into the daylight where you can truly experience the forces this metal can handle!

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: December 05, 2018, 05:29 PM »
That's a fun coaster!  I think that after creaking, old, half-rotten, termite-infested woodies, I like inverted coasters next ;).

However, you're a victim of your own success here I think.  Once you get outside and start on the lift, it's all just regular bushes and rocks.  Which is kinda the opposite of a steampunk industrial zone.
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Hethetheth

• Hey!!! look here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: December 05, 2018, 11:20 PM »
Thanks!

I was trying to be quite realistic with the ride which is which is mostly industrial quarry after the pre-lift. However, I can also see that post-Hotel Futura anything I make is doomed to look barren ;). I did you with the idea of including more theming but decided not to in favour of the quarry. I might add to it later maybe.

What should be more themed coming up though is Iron Bullet,  which is also nearly finished and requires filming and editing for a POV.

Offline Bylateral

• Astro
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #261 on: December 05, 2018, 11:58 PM »
I'm late to the party on this thread, but can I just say, WOW Heth! I used to follow what you posted on RCTLounge back in the day, and to see you still making stuff in Planet Coaster with even more incredible detail, absolutely incredible. I hope your skills in theme park games can translate into real life success for you because every project of yours just blows me away.

To talk about Twisted Steel, I really don't know too much about steampunk architecture but as far as I can tell it looks amazing. And for a small B&M invert, the layout flows surprisingly well, which is hard to do in Planet Coaster. Well done Heth, keep this park going!

Offline CoasterCad

• Imagining since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: December 06, 2018, 12:39 AM »
Very smooth and realistic lay out, good job. Great to see some more efteling inspiration as well.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: December 06, 2018, 09:58 AM »
I was trying to be quite realistic with the ride which is which is mostly industrial quarry after the pre-lift. However, I can also see that post-Hotel Futura anything I make is doomed to look barren ;). I did you with the idea of including more theming but decided not to in favour of the quarry. I might add to it later maybe.

Well, barren wastelands are fine, I was thinking maybe make it look more brutalized by industry.  You know, add a steam shovel tossing dead tree limbs on a roaring fire, strew some toxic waste barrels around, that sort of thing.  I did a whole log flume ride that way once.  After all, the whole point of the flume is to get the logs to the sawmill, which means there has to be a large-scale cutting operation going on somewhere ;)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: December 06, 2018, 06:50 PM »
This project has always had a special place in my heart because it is very inspiring. I thought the RCT3 version was flawless, but the Planet Coaster version is out of this world! Congrats on the hard work, even though you are continuously updating, it is great to celebrate how awesome this project is. Awesome job as always!  :drool:

Offline Hethetheth

• Hey!!! look here!
    • View Profile
Re: Future World 1899 - Iron Bullet POV
« Reply #265 on: December 13, 2018, 02:24 PM »
Another POV?!

Yes, another!

Iron Bullet is a fusion of my previous 'Skyrider' and 'Iron Horse' rides. The theme of a high-speed launched train is adopted from Iron Horse and the theming of the city is taken from Skyrider. I wanted to improve the ride by merging the best parts of both and I hope you think I've succeeded :).

Heth.

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: December 13, 2018, 03:02 PM »
This park has become such a masterpiece of design. The aerial shots of the park, and the forced perspective used is pure genius. Iron Bullet is yet another masterful design, as is zooms in and out and through the city. Your work is always a joy to view.
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: December 13, 2018, 08:08 PM »
I'm glad you've again got a ride that zooms through the skyline, and this skyline is much more magnificent that the original :).  And the thing is, even though the skyscrapers are forced perspective from street level, they still look real size up close.  Amazing.

BTW, the coaster is a lot of fun, too :)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #268 on: December 13, 2018, 09:25 PM »
Great ride. and video. I even got a bit of vertigo watching the POV (my stuffed up sinuses probably helped). The train tie is wonderful the way it flies around the streets is really cool. The clean lins and structure of this park is the best I have seen. 

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: December 13, 2018, 09:40 PM »
Thanks for the careening ride through the cityscape, Hethetheth. Very thrilling! And many of the music cues matched what was happening on-screen as well. :up: