Wonder World (Rocky River Rowboats)

• 1198 replies

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
Wonder World (Rocky River Rowboats)
« on: December 23, 2016, 03:15 PM »
Mr. Wonder would probably not want me to show this, but I'm going to anyway. I just wanted you guys to know that the first theme park for the Walter Wonder World Resort is now under construction. Keep in mind that this pic is a very early work-in-progress.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 09:03 PM by shyguy »
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline toofpikk

• I am this forums noob.
    • View Profile
Re: Wonder's New Park
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2016, 03:17 PM »
Oh. My. God.

I'm not ready

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2016, 04:32 PM »
I suggest you not call it WWIII.  Just because.   ;)

Offline Montu.

• aka HL
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2016, 07:42 PM »
My body is ready.

Offline gamer2456

• Shyguy rocket! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2016, 08:01 PM »
This is going be epic.  :w00t:
I have a learning disability

Offline Kinderly

• Enjoy it while it lasts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2016, 10:32 PM »
No friggin' way!

I am screaming on the inside right now.

Offline FlyingDutchman7

• FD7 Amusement
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2016, 03:18 AM »
This park was legendary in RCT3. The first building spells a lot of good for this rendition.
I don't recognize the objects, so  :up:

Will this park contain only four lands, or will the other lands be available as "DLC" to the ticket price?

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2016, 03:44 AM »
Chokes, I just inhaled a mince pie! Wonder World?

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2016, 10:59 AM »
I was wondering when this would happen!  Yay!

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2016, 02:47 PM »
Thanks everyone. With great trepidation, I once again re-imagine Wonder World. I hadn't really planned to do this at first, but well, you know...

This park was legendary in RCT3. The first building spells a lot of good for this rendition.
I don't recognize the objects, so  :up:

Will this park contain only four lands, or will the other lands be available as "DLC" to the ticket price?
The long term plan is to have all 7 lands that were depicted in the original model. Right now, I can't make any promises, as in its present state, I can't build even the original 4 lands in Planet Coaster just yet. I'll have to wait to see what we get in future updates from Frontier. So this project will most likely take years. This will not be a carbon copy of the original Wonder World. It will be a new and improved version, with a mix of new and classic attractions from the original park. An on-site hotel is also in the plans. So I'm hoping I'll eventually be able to do everything I want to do. We'll see...

Offline AemJaY

• Swiss Coaster builder
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2016, 12:13 AM »
Well i dont know the story about the past. But iam definitly in for the Future!
Streamer and Youtuber from switzerland!
Visit: !twitter! // !Youtube // !Twitch

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2017, 05:21 PM »

Another teaser.

Offline Quinn

• Whahaha... No.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2017, 10:37 AM »
Wow, amazing use of scenery to build that. It looks exactly like the CS you made for RCT3. Can't wait to see more  :up:
Click the banner to visit my thread!

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2017, 10:40 AM »

I can't wait to see what this park differs from the original rendition of Wonder World.

Offline CoastersPaul

• Parkitect Hipster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2017, 01:34 PM »
Nice pictures! I'm mostly just commenting so I can find this thread once this reall takes off, though.

Offline AemJaY

• Swiss Coaster builder
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2017, 10:57 PM »
you cheekie (is that correct) bastard :D
Show us some more!

Offline andreizsmart

• 'supercoolsuper'
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2017, 10:25 AM »
Couldn't be any more excited. Wonder World may have not been the projects I first came across back in the day, but it was one that inspired me to pursue this hobby and now career. You showed a young enthusiast's love for the fantasy worlds of theme parks to be something that was attainable and doable. I got lost for hours at a time wandering through the threads and actual park; studying and comparing to real world parks and learning so much about themed design, guest flow, area development, etc. You really opened up a pandora's box of inspiration for me with this project and the forums you've created and I can't wait to see where you take this. :up:
Initiating power transfer...

Offline Guy_With_A_Stick

• Come for the creds, stay for the Taco Bell
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2017, 11:54 AM »
While I never was able to see the original park(link pls?), this does look quite good so far. Excited for more!
Top 10: Voyage | Goliath(SFGAm) | Skyrush | Maverick | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | Viper(SFGAm) | Superman: Ride of Steel | Top Thrill Dragster | Lightning Run

I'm the guy who is supposed to be smart, but has less work ethic than a senior after getting accepted to a college.

Offline PandaCoasters

• The Grinch wearing a mask holding a gun
    • View Profile
    • PandaCoasters' Youtube
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2017, 12:03 PM »
HHHHNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGG
'I vote that my team makes Trump Land with a big fat wall from Boston's Dams so we can make SSD great again and keep out the illegal normies.'

-me, SSD'16

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2017, 07:14 PM »
Couldn't be any more excited. Wonder World may have not been the projects I first came across back in the day, but it was one that inspired me to pursue this hobby and now career. You showed a young enthusiast's love for the fantasy worlds of theme parks to be something that was attainable and doable. I got lost for hours at a time wandering through the threads and actual park; studying and comparing to real world parks and learning so much about themed design, guest flow, area development, etc. You really opened up a pandora's box of inspiration for me with this project and the forums you've created and I can't wait to see where you take this. :up:
Thanks for such very nice sentiments. It's really nice to hear that my work inspired someone whose work and talent has far surpassed my own. Thank you. I hope this park will live up to your expectations.

While I never was able to see the original park(link pls?), this does look quite good so far. Excited for more!
The original Wonder World threads are long gone. But you can take a quick tour of my original park at this little blog I created...http://www.shyguysthemeparkworld.com. Be sure to view each entire article to see all the pics. It's very out-dated compared to what people are doing today with RCT3.

I later attempted to rebuild the park on a much larger scale with brand new custom scenery. I didn't get very far until Windows 7 made it impossible to continue. That thread is over in the RCT3 Archives, here...http://www.shyguysworld.com/Archive/index.php/topic,7752.0.html. Be prepared to spend several hours. ;)

This new (and hopefully, final) version will be very similar to that last version, but not quite so gigantic.(The Expo buildings were huge!)  And hopefully, I will actually finish the park this time, with tons of new areas and attractions.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 07:16 PM by shyguy »

Offline AemJaY

• Swiss Coaster builder
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2017, 11:33 PM »
and also shy you had a Park in that ugly other theme park game, cant remember the name... ah RCTWTF :)

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2017, 07:31 AM »
^^I just followed that link to the 2nd WW because I don't think I ever saw the end of it while you were working on it (and yes, I skipped to the end because, lazy).  Good stuff, but makes me appreciate what Planet Coaster is giving us in terms of graphics, and really makes this new attempt that much more exciting.  Be prepared to keep revisiting your newest remake though because there's still so much we can't do, and I remain optimistic that those missing gaps will slowly fill in...

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
Re: Wonder World (Sneak Peek)
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2017, 12:20 AM »
and also shy you had a Park in that ugly other theme park game, cant remember the name... ah RCTWTF :)
lol! :D

Be prepared to keep revisiting your newest remake though because there's still so much we can't do, and I remain optimistic that those missing gaps will slowly fill in...
There's only so much I can do right now with the current state of PC. I'm putting a lot of faith in Frontier in hopes I will eventually be able to create all of the 7 lands of Wonder World.

Another sneak peek... this time of the Entrance Plaza.

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2017, 04:49 AM »
You are doing wonders with what we do have! Looks wonderful!  ;D

Offline Guy_With_A_Stick

• Come for the creds, stay for the Taco Bell
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2017, 04:02 PM »
Oh my god it's beautiful.

Just finished reading the blog, the (new) park forum, and the model forum, and can safely say that I am SUPER excited for this.
Top 10: Voyage | Goliath(SFGAm) | Skyrush | Maverick | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | Viper(SFGAm) | Superman: Ride of Steel | Top Thrill Dragster | Lightning Run

I'm the guy who is supposed to be smart, but has less work ethic than a senior after getting accepted to a college.

Offline Mr. Wonder

• CEO Wonder Studios
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2017, 01:50 PM »
Stop teasing them shyguy.

Here it is. The entrance to Wonder World!

This is still very early in development, so this pic does not represent the finished look. There is still more landscaping and many more details to be added.

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2017, 01:59 PM »
Now that Mr. Wonder has officially unveiled this project, here are some details...
As you may notice, the Expo 3000 Space Port is not quite as imposing as it was in earlier versions of the park. As much as I would have liked it to be more massive, from a design perspective, larger does not necessarily mean better. A huge Space Port created several problems, foremost was the large, empty areas around it. Making it smaller will give Expo 3000 a tighter feel. It will feel more like a land, as opposed to a series of pavilions separated by large empty spaces.

In earlier versions of the park, I tried to cram a huge ride inside the building. Well, it was never designed to hold a roller coaster. The original concept was a walk-through attraction of a futuristic space port. But as that was not possible in the very early days of RCT3, it became a (bad) roller coaster. It was later gutted and a new version was created, which was ten times better, but still suffered from the tight fit inside a building not designed for a coaster. In the failed attempt at Wonder World II, I made the Space Port gigantic, in preparation for a large coaster. But that created the problems I pointed out, with the building being too large.

So, for this version, the original concept is going to be implemented. A futuristic Space Port. If that sounds dull, don't worry. It will still be the launching site of a high speed attraction. But that attraction is going to be so huge, that it will "spill out" of the Space Port building, and take guests on a much different ride. And there are more plans for the inside of the Space Port building, but I'm not going to disclose those just yet, as they are still just ideas at this time...

« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2017, 02:47 PM »
^ So in other words:

Nice.
I've lost my mind, isn't that great?

Offline CoastersPaul

• Parkitect Hipster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2017, 03:21 PM »
I'm so glad Planet Coaster works better for large round structures than RCT3. Sure, it's a lot of flat sides put together at small angles, so it can't be "truly" round. But it looks so much better than the small curved walls on the grid put together in your original RCT3 Expo 3000  :P
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 03:31 PM by CoastersPaul »

« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2017, 03:31 PM »
I actually like the slightly smaller expo center. It is still pretty imposing, yet, as you mentioned, isn't totally overpowering.

The flowerbed is clever, and works beautifully. Are you thinking of recreating the war of the worlds attraction? That should be great!

Can't wait for more!