Wonder World (Rocky River Rowboats)

• 1198 replies

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
Re: Wonder World (Sneak Peek)
« Reply #120 on: February 18, 2017, 01:16 PM »

A new addition to this version of the park is Expo Station, the "City Hall" of Wonder World. Here, you'll find banking services & ATMs, information, reservation desks for dining and hotels, lockers, and more.

The Reservation Station: The place to make your dining reservations throughout the park(s) and resort.

You'll find plenty of ATMs here as well as the Internet Island, for those who need access to a computer. Above, large screens will show off various areas of the park.

More pics coming soon as construction continues...
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline Kinderly

• Enjoy it while it lasts.
    • View Profile
Re: Wonder World (Sneak Peek)
« Reply #121 on: February 18, 2017, 03:39 PM »
I'm sorry, did you say "parks" or did you mean lands?

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
Re: Wonder World (construction continues)
« Reply #122 on: February 18, 2017, 03:40 PM »
I'm sorry, did you say "parks" or did you mean lands?
You heard me right. I said "parks". :whistling:

Offline thylacine

• Expect something soonish
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 19, 2017, 03:36 AM »
IS WATER WORLD COMING?

-thylacine

Offline matt9537

• View Profile
    • Subscribe to BackwardsProductions
« Reply #124 on: February 19, 2017, 03:58 AM »
Whoa. These buildings are incredible. I love the interiors. Great use of Sci-Fi scenery.
Planet Coaster Tutorials - If you're new to Planet Coaster or an experienced player you'll find something new you can learn! [Updated]
Planet Coaster Blueprint Essentials - Don't start a new project without these!

« Reply #125 on: February 19, 2017, 11:34 AM »
Do you use Mr. Clean to polish those floors?  ;D

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 19, 2017, 05:32 PM »
IS WATER WORLD COMING?
-thylacine
Apparently, Mr. Wonder has several future parks on the drawing board. Water World is definitely one of them. (It all depends on what the future holds for Planet Coaster)

Whoa. These buildings are incredible. I love the interiors. Great use of Sci-Fi scenery.
Thanks, matt.

Do you use Mr. Clean to polish those floors?  ;D
I admit they're way too shiny and the color is too light. And Mr. Wonder demanded them to be ripped out and replaced. :glare:

The new floors are darker and slightly less shiny. I still don't love them and I'm hoping for some more alternatives to choose from in the future.

« Reply #127 on: February 19, 2017, 06:17 PM »
Actually, I like the original floors better, sorry! Now the area is just way too blue!

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 19, 2017, 08:12 PM »
Actually, I like the original floors better, sorry! Now the area is just way too blue!
That floor is black. Which is one of my complaints about black objects not looking black.

« Reply #129 on: February 20, 2017, 03:50 AM »
But that Mr. Clean scrubbed it blue!  :D

Seriously, I agree. It can be frustrating. Here's hoping they come out with a nice spooky theme (I believe a folder for same already exists) that includes nice pretzel or doombuggy type cars, and some nice dark walls. I loved those true black walls we had in RCT3.

Here's hoping!

Offline TOGOFan

• Everyone can be nothing!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 20, 2017, 04:26 AM »
I'm torn between both options. The vermilion (I think that's what I'm seeing?) floor has a more 1980s feel to it whereas the current one seems a lot more modernized, but they both have that beautiful reflection that gives everything this ultra-sleek feel that just ties in with the rest of Wonder World.
"It's weird that pirates would go shore to shore looking for buried treasure when the real treasure was in the friendships they were making."

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 23, 2017, 02:59 PM »

The fountain/support structure has been built for the Transport Center Atrium.

I've never loved the way this has come out in any of the Wonder World versions. I make dozens of changes during construction and then finally give up and move on. That's where I'm at with this version.

A rendering of the atrium sculptures shows some little decorations on the structure to give it a more whimsical and inviting look. Do you guys like this, or should I leave keep it without. Also, what sounds better...Wonder World Transport Center or Wonder World Transit Center? I can't decide. :-\

Offline TMH

• Never look back darling, it distracts from the now
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 23, 2017, 03:20 PM »
I prefer Wonder World Transport Center. Transport sounds more futuristic, like something you'd use to describe interstellar space travel. Also it can be abbreviated to Transpo Center by Annual Pass Holders.  ;)

I kind of like the stars. They suggest more kinetics, as if water molecules are falling down the sculpture.

« Reply #133 on: February 23, 2017, 03:22 PM »
Your give up and move on is my "OMG, that's beautiful!" I think that turned out just fine.

Personally, I think the undecorated supports fit in more with the rest of the structure. The little stars might work better if they were around other areas of the building. So I guess, add them elsewhere, or leave the support clean. Totally my opinion.

I like the sound of Transport over Transit. The word Transit makes me think of smelly buses! ;D

Offline matt9537

• View Profile
    • Subscribe to BackwardsProductions
« Reply #134 on: February 24, 2017, 02:51 AM »
I prefer transport too. Although, I also think the stars look cool!  :blush:
Planet Coaster Tutorials - If you're new to Planet Coaster or an experienced player you'll find something new you can learn! [Updated]
Planet Coaster Blueprint Essentials - Don't start a new project without these!

Offline Quikrix

• "I reject your reality and substitute my own"
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: February 25, 2017, 04:36 AM »
I prefer it with the stars gives a more futuristic feel to it! And transport rather than transit and in the UK there is the "Ford Transit" van which all workmen seem to use and it makes me instantly think of one of those!  ;)

Offline Guy_With_A_Stick

• Come for the creds, stay for the Taco Bell
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 25, 2017, 02:05 PM »
I guess I'm in a minority when I say I like Transit more.  :P

Also, +1 for keeping the stars.
Top 10: Voyage | Goliath(SFGAm) | Skyrush | Maverick | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | Viper(SFGAm) | Superman: Ride of Steel | Top Thrill Dragster | Lightning Run

I'm the guy who is supposed to be smart, but has less work ethic than a senior after getting accepted to a college.

Offline ThemeCrafter264

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 25, 2017, 02:16 PM »
Stars look awful and completely don't fit in whatsoever

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 25, 2017, 03:04 PM »
Well, as there is no consensus of opinion, I've made my own decision. It was called Transport Center in the past, so it will retain the name.

I've added the "molecules". I may remove them. Still undecided.

Mr. Perkins is just imagining having to mop all these floors. :no:

Offline wabigbear

• Gringo en Brasil
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 25, 2017, 03:11 PM »
To give an honest opinion - the building itself is made up of sharp angles, so to me the curves in the supports look out of place.  I wonder but that a similar support structure made without curves, but using straight angles in a similar pattern, might work?

The 'stars' also don't look like stars to me...they look like snowflakes and I know that's not what you're going for!

I 'd stick with "Transportation".   Or maybe Wonder World Transfer Center?

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 25, 2017, 04:38 PM »
To give an honest opinion - the building itself is made up of sharp angles, so to me the curves in the supports look out of place.  I wonder but that a similar support structure made without curves, but using straight angles in a similar pattern, might work?

The 'stars' also don't look like stars to me...they look like snowflakes and I know that's not what you're going for!
I never called them stars. They look more like jacks. TMH called the molecules, which I like that idea. As for the curves...yes, that may be the problem. But I wanted a contrast to all the straight lines. As I said, I'm moving on. I may change the design later.

Also, the next article on shyguy's Theme Park World blog is up... It's on Crawfish Island, for those interested. http://www.shyguysthemeparkworld.com/

Offline Future Imagineer

• Disneyologist
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #141 on: February 25, 2017, 05:40 PM »
I agree that the curved support structure looks a bit out of place, but I think that's a good thing. It draws just enough attention to itself and because it's different, it makes the centerpiece more visually interesting. It's more "artsy" instead of being just a support.
"And here's the tower for originally the PeopleMover, and then the Rocket Jets, and now just a pretty thing to look at. It's not what I really think!" - Tony Baxter

Offline CoastersPaul

• Parkitect Hipster
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 25, 2017, 07:47 PM »
I really like the curve support, honestly, but I could go either way on the molecules.

Offline TMH

• Never look back darling, it distracts from the now
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 25, 2017, 10:45 PM »
Glad you liked my interpretation of the decorations. Now all you need is a Journey thru Inner Space.

Things are going pretty smooth for a Wonder project. I don't trust that Mr. Perkins guy, or, perhaps, the man claiming to be Mr. Perkins.

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 26, 2017, 12:00 AM »
Glad you liked my interpretation of the decorations. Now all you need is a Journey thru Inner Space.
That was actually planned for the original Water World. He never got around to it though. A little known fact is that Mr. Wonder bought the rights to that ride after Disney removed it.;)  He still may build it one day...

Offline Quinn

• Whahaha... No.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 26, 2017, 03:54 PM »
I like it better without the molecules, it looks much more clean without them. Anyway, maybe Mr Wonder can also buy the rights to the old version of Tower of Terror in DCA. Just add some of those shiny floors and call it Trump Tower of Terror.  :whistling:

It looks great, I am very impressed by what you have already accomplished in the game right now. Who thought you would be able to build a new Wonder World with the standard game. Very well done!
Click the banner to visit my thread!

Offline CoasterCad

• Imagining since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 27, 2017, 08:26 AM »
It's all so unique, i don't even have words to describe it, that's how unique it is.
Let your imagination take you to take great places.

Offline andreizsmart

• 'supercoolsuper'
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 27, 2017, 02:26 PM »
Your interiors are incredible. Your builds in general are just so clean and carefully crafted. Really shows off the amount of work and attention that is going into it. As far as transport center's central feature, I know you're trying to stay true to the original designs, but maybe a new concept might fit in better. Maybe something directly inspired by transportation or travel? Maybe a feature that takes cues from each of the lands in the park. I mean you're forcing guests to travel around this central feature so making more of an artistic piece that provides guests with inspiration is better suited than something thats just architecturally pretty. Its a shame we can't do kinetic sculptures cause that would fit in perfectly.
Initiating power transfer...

« Reply #148 on: February 28, 2017, 02:43 PM »
Oh shyguy, i loved the original Wonder World and im so happy to see my favorite non existent Theme Park. Im very happy to see all the details again. I hope Walt Disneys Head don't destroy this place  :P ;D.
I'm glad that i'm in the prime of my health and i spend every single day in front of a glowing rectangle.

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 01, 2017, 03:30 PM »
Oh shyguy, i loved the original Wonder World and im so happy to see my favorite non existent Theme Park. Im very happy to see all the details again. I hope Walt Disneys Head don't destroy this place  :P ;D.
Thanks, wuzeltown. Long time no see.

It looks great, I am very impressed by what you have already accomplished in the game right now. Who thought you would be able to build a new Wonder World with the standard game. Very well done!
Thanks Quinn

It's all so unique, i don't even have words to describe it, that's how unique it is.
I don't have words to describe my thanks. :P

Your interiors are incredible. Your builds in general are just so clean and carefully crafted. Really shows off the amount of work and attention that is going into it. As far as transport center's central feature, I know you're trying to stay true to the original designs, but maybe a new concept might fit in better. Maybe something directly inspired by transportation or travel? Maybe a feature that takes cues from each of the lands in the park. I mean you're forcing guests to travel around this central feature so making more of an artistic piece that provides guests with inspiration is better suited than something thats just architecturally pretty. Its a shame we can't do kinetic sculptures cause that would fit in perfectly.
Thanks andreizsmart. As I said, I'm moving on and may come back to the Transport Center Fountain Sculpture thingy. Maybe some new objects in a later update of the game may inspire me to do a refurb.

First interior shot of the Transport Center main mall. Lots more details and decor will be added...