Wonder World (Rocky River Rowboats)

• 1198 replies

Offline TMH

• Never look back darling, it distracts from the now
    • View Profile
Re: Wonder World (Space Port construction)
« Reply #210 on: March 16, 2017, 04:48 PM »
I really like the view through the skylight. I'm starting to get a good idea of the layout. Seems like there's room for more in the Space Port...

« Reply #211 on: March 16, 2017, 06:40 PM »
Four balls for $1.00??? Mr. Wonder seems to have lost his money making touch.

Or perhaps you need to fire the sign painter for forgetting to add a zero!

Offline AemJaY

• Swiss Coaster builder
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #212 on: March 17, 2017, 05:05 AM »
Well thats some big balls! :D
Streamer and Youtuber from switzerland!
Visit: !twitter! // !Youtube // !Twitch

Offline Future Imagineer

• Disneyologist
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #213 on: March 17, 2017, 10:43 AM »
I agree, that view through the skylight is great. I bet it looks even cooler at night! Also that janitor did an awesome job waxing the floors, very shiny. :)
"And here's the tower for originally the PeopleMover, and then the Rocket Jets, and now just a pretty thing to look at. It's not what I really think!" - Tony Baxter

Offline SPRidley

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 18, 2017, 06:28 AM »
The only transparent glass piece of the game seems to be getting good use here!  Love it!

Offline JMAinAZ

• Atari Member Since Jan 2003
    • View Profile
    • My Personal RCT3 Website - Home to Some of the Best RCT3 Videos!
« Reply #215 on: March 18, 2017, 02:50 PM »
I heard Wonder World was reincarnated!
Its reputation is notorious beyond your site.  It's one of the big reasons I had to come back here.

Of course, it looks better than ever.

-JMAinAZ

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 18, 2017, 04:03 PM »
The only transparent glass piece of the game seems to be getting good use here!  Love it!
Here's hoping Frontier adds lots more glass pieces.

Four balls for $1.00??? Mr. Wonder seems to have lost his money making touch.
Oh, it looks like a great deal...until you realize you have to sink all 4 balls to win a prize ticket. And you need a minimum of 10 prize tickets to exchange for a prize. And the prize for 10 tickets is worth about a nickel. Mr. Wonder knows exactly what he's doing. ;)

I really like the view through the skylight. I'm starting to get a good idea of the layout. Seems like there's room for more in the Space Port...
A lot more...

I heard Wonder World was reincarnated!
Its reputation is notorious beyond your site.  It's one of the big reasons I had to come back here.

Of course, it looks better than ever.

-JMAinAZ
And I'm very glad you came back. Now stay awhile. :)

I agree, that view through the skylight is great. I bet it looks even cooler at night!
Night shots coming up...

The Sports Deck is the upper deck of the Astro Arcade and features sports-themed games...like Air Hockey (designed by me).

A mini bowling alley. (designed by Knock off Nigel)

The Sports Deck is nearing completion. (Basketball by ZapWizard)
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline TMH

• View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 19, 2017, 10:59 AM »
I Wonder if Mr. Wonder plans on opening the park with just an Arcade and then waiting for it to pay for the rest of the park.

Online Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 19, 2017, 11:42 AM »
Bowlarama is awesome!

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 19, 2017, 05:31 PM »
I Wonder if Mr. Wonder plans on opening the park with just an Arcade and then waiting for it to pay for the rest of the park.
Funny that you mention that. Wonder has plans for the first "Sneak Peek" days at Wonder World coming up soon. Admission will be free for guests to visit the Space Port Plaza. The Arcade will be open...

A Space Transport model is suspended above one of the halls inside the Space Port.

Offline LoneWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 19, 2017, 06:06 PM »
Free? That can't be right.
Proud Member of: Dutcher's Outer Worldly Network, fun for all and all for fun!

Offline AemJaY

• Swiss Coaster builder
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #221 on: March 20, 2017, 03:54 AM »
uuuuuuh NBA JAM! Yeah! "hes on fire" :D damn that was a nice fking Basket Ball Game :D
Streamer and Youtuber from switzerland!
Visit: !twitter! // !Youtube // !Twitch

Offline FlyingDutchman7

• FD7 Amusement
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 20, 2017, 06:35 AM »
Great job shy! The textures and reflection effects of Planet Coaster really add to the experience. I love all the arcade games. It's hard to imagine you built them "from scratch".

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 21, 2017, 03:37 PM »
I love all the arcade games. It's hard to imagine you built them "from scratch".
All the arcade games are from the Workshop. I've given credit to all the authors in the previous posts.

A large part of the Space Port building houses behind the scenes areas, like these transfer tracks.

This area houses the storage tracks for the ride.

Also.... "Circus Center Expansion: Part 1" article is up at shyguy's Theme Park World. http://www.shyguysthemeparkworld.com/

« Reply #224 on: March 21, 2017, 04:01 PM »
I just had a mega geek out. One of my favorite things in coaster sims is "behind the scenes" realism, and that just took the cake as best thing I've seem thus far!

Offline TMH

• View Profile
« Reply #225 on: March 21, 2017, 04:02 PM »
Wow you're really going all out with the details. You must have a super computer. Is the track to the right of that first picture "on show"?

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 21, 2017, 04:24 PM »
I just had a mega geek out. One of my favorite things in coaster sims is "behind the scenes" realism, and that just took the cake as best thing I've seem thus far!
Thanks. I'm trying to make this park as realistic as possible...within reason. Too much detail and my computer will explode. Most backstage areas will be left to the imagination...like employee break rooms, etc. It will mostly depend on if I think it will be fun to build or not.

Wow you're really going all out with the details. You must have a super computer. Is the track to the right of that first picture "on show"?
Yes. The right track is on ride. That's why the theming kind of "fades in" at that junction. The house lights are on dim for this shot. Normally, the house lights will be off during operation so most riders won't even noticethe back stage stuff. Theming isn't complete yet, which is why the end of the corridor looks "empty" near the purple lights. One thing I don't like about PC's lighting is the way the lights spill over through walls. Those purple lights are from the Arcade.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 08:58 PM by shyguy »

Offline Walle_Epcot

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 21, 2017, 06:47 PM »
I'm glad to see the creator of a RCT masterpiece is working on a future PC masterpiece! Wonder World was a tremendous influence for me back in the day.

1st post!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 06:49 PM by Walle_Epcot »

Offline dapalm

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 22, 2017, 03:19 AM »
It's been a while since the last time I checked this and god, what an awesome job. Your interiors are amazing, I'm in love with that arcade. Wonder World is reaching a whole new level in Planet Wonder Coaster.

Offline Mr. Wonder

• CEO Wonder Studios
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 22, 2017, 11:03 PM »
I'm glad to see the creator of a RCT masterpiece is working on a future PC masterpiece! Wonder World was a tremendous influence for me back in the day.
Why thank you very much, Walle.

It's been a while since the last time I checked this and god, what an awesome job. Your interiors are amazing, I'm in love with that arcade. Wonder World is reaching a whole new level in Planet Wonder Coaster.
Glad you like it.

This weekend was the first Sneak Peek days event. Guests got a chance to see the new Astro Arcade. For those who were lame enough to miss this event, you can get a tour of the arcade in the video below.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 11:05 PM by Mr. Wonder »

Offline Guy_With_A_Stick

• Come for the creds, stay for the Taco Bell
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 22, 2017, 11:18 PM »
Simply incredible. This park is coming along incredibly well, and that arcade is quite something by itself!

I am super pumped for more of this! :)
Top 10: Voyage | Goliath(SFGAm) | Skyrush | Maverick | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | Viper(SFGAm) | Superman: Ride of Steel | Top Thrill Dragster | Lightning Run

I'm the guy who is supposed to be smart, but has less work ethic than a senior after getting accepted to a college.

« Reply #231 on: March 23, 2017, 04:45 AM »
So now I see how everything fits together! Terrific job integrating all the video games into your space. Love your use of the sci fi walls, and your floor really does look black in the video! Also loved the tease of the coaster tracks through the window.

In fact, that might be my one little gripe with the area. With the dark walls, floors, and ceilings, it's a bit monochromatic!  :D  I guess the gaudiness of the arcade games offsets that.

Magnificent job!

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 23, 2017, 06:57 AM »
I was so lame as to miss the event but the video more than made up for it  :D. Mr Wonder, you were as hilarious and charming as ever.  :up:

Seriously though Shy, the whole thing looks amazing. I love how it all fits together and has a great atmosphere. I can imagine walking in and getting really immersed in the theme. Seeing the coaster fly past will be a really great touch too.

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 24, 2017, 01:37 PM »
Thanks everyone. :)

Not ready for the video were the Restrooms on the Sports Deck. Here's a pic of the men's room.

Offline Mr. Wonder

• CEO Wonder Studios
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 24, 2017, 01:40 PM »
I was so lame as to miss the event but the video more than made up for it  :D. Mr Wonder, you were as hilarious and charming as ever.  :up:
Just what do you mean when you say I was hilarious?  :confused:

« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 01:42 PM by Mr. Wonder »

Offline TMH

• View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 24, 2017, 02:56 PM »
The video was enchanting.

Bathrooms look nice, Mr. W, although I'm not a fan of the baseball stadium style trough urinals. But I suppose it is the "Sports Deck."

« Reply #236 on: March 25, 2017, 12:49 PM »
I was getting a serious "Death Star" vibe following Mr. Wonder around in there... just curious, does this arcade have the power to blow up an entire planet?  Can this arcade be destroyed by a rebellious teenager with no military experience?  Asking for a friend.

Seriously though, the finished video is well worth the time put into those interiors.  All the effort shows on screen, and in 360 degrees no less.

Offline JMAinAZ

• Atari Member Since Jan 2003
    • View Profile
    • My Personal RCT3 Website - Home to Some of the Best RCT3 Videos!
« Reply #237 on: March 25, 2017, 11:36 PM »
That arcade is simply stunning!
To be clear, am I able to claim my Roller Coaster Tycoon World upstairs as well?  I'm not sure I'd want to walk all the way back downstairs to get that crappy prize.

-JMAinAZ

Offline SPRidley

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 26, 2017, 06:58 AM »
You went and did a whole inside restroom...
And I thought I was already doing enough making the corridor to the restrooms lol
What did you use to make the water faucets? Was it one of the gingerbread icing decorations?

Offline Mr. Wonder

• CEO Wonder Studios
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 26, 2017, 09:02 PM »
I was getting a serious "Death Star" vibe following Mr. Wonder around in there... just curious, does this arcade have the power to blow up an entire planet?  Can this arcade be destroyed by a rebellious teenager with no military experience?  Asking for a friend.
I think your "friend" needs to get back on his medication.

That arcade is simply stunning!
To be clear, am I able to claim my Roller Coaster Tycoon World upstairs as well?  I'm not sure I'd want to walk all the way back downstairs to get that crappy prize.

-JMAinAZ
We have RCTW games available at all 3 Prize Exchange locations. In fact, we have more than we know what to do with. I sent shyguy to a landfill in New Mexico and you wouldn't believe how many he found there. Along with some E.T. games. Those will be given as the 2nd crappiest prize.

The video was enchanting.

Bathrooms look nice, Mr. W, although I'm not a fan of the baseball stadium style trough urinals. But I suppose it is the "Sports Deck."
You can use the stalls if you're pee shy. ;)