Wonder World (Rocky River Rowboats)

• 1198 replies

Offline Future Imagineer

• Disneyologist
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Wonder World (Space Port construction)
« Reply #240 on: March 26, 2017, 11:06 PM »
The arcade looks great, Mr. Disney Wonder. But where do we get the pizza? Your recreation of Pizza Planet would be pretty spot-on if it wasn't for the lack of pizza.
"And here's the tower for originally the PeopleMover, and then the Rocket Jets, and now just a pretty thing to look at. It's not what I really think!" - Tony Baxter

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: March 27, 2017, 08:55 AM »
I sent shyguy to a landfill in New Mexico and you wouldn't believe how many he found there. Along with some E.T. games. Those will be given as the 2nd crappiest prize

Oh geez.  I wonder what the 1st crappiest prize could be?  Pacific Air War perhaps?  Geez, I still have nightmares about that one :)
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Mr. Wonder

• CEO Wonder Studios
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 28, 2017, 09:19 PM »
The arcade looks great, Mr. Disney Wonder. But where do we get the pizza? Your recreation of Pizza Planet would be pretty spot-on if it wasn't for the lack of pizza.
Another one who needs to get back on his meds.

Oh geez.  I wonder what the 1st crappiest prize could be?  Pacific Air War perhaps?  Geez, I still have nightmares about that one :)
Somebody hasn't been paying attention. RCTW is the 1st (crappiest) prize.

Expo 3000's first shop. Video Works features a selection of vintage video games, electronics accessories (batteries, ear buds, ipad covers with the Wonder World logo) and a camera help desk.

A pair of vintage Photo Booths.

Helpful technicians are here to help with any of your camera needs.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 28, 2017, 10:24 PM »
Somebody hasn't been paying attention. RCTW is the 1st (crappiest) prize.

Obviously, you never played PAW :D.  Given the very small user base of PCs back in its day, it was way more of a disappointment per capita than anything since.  And besides, both crappy prizes you've mentioned are Atari products, so the failure of 'RCTW should not surprise anybody.  Even way back when Atari consoles were all there was for video games, most folks still found it more fun for 2 people to throw a ball of some sort back and forth between themselves for no practical purpose. :D
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Quinn

• Whahaha... No.
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 29, 2017, 09:10 AM »
This looks great, shyguy! Love the photo booths.  :up:
Click the banner to visit my thread!

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: March 29, 2017, 02:42 PM »
This looks great, shyguy! Love the photo booths.  :up:
Thanks Quinn.

Whereas I'm not totally in love with the interior, it'll have to do for now. I'm hoping to go back to areas I'm not totally happy with and rework them as more assets are released for the game.

The entrance to Video Works. Simple and may change later. ;)

Also...the article on The Plunge at Circus Center is up at shyguy's Theme Park World. http://www.shyguysthemeparkworld.com/
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 03:59 PM by shyguy »
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline Old-Spice

• Custom Content Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 29, 2017, 04:45 PM »
Love the attention to detail. Love the floors, they really make the whole place look real. Glad your playing this in PC, should be neat to se what more you do.

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 30, 2017, 05:37 PM »
Love the attention to detail. Love the floors, they really make the whole place look real. Glad your playing this in PC, should be neat to se what more you do.
Thanks Old-Spice. :)

The Space Port queue...well part of it. I might play around some more with the lighting.

Offline Future Imagineer

• Disneyologist
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #248 on: March 30, 2017, 05:46 PM »
I like the lighting. It fits nicely, in my opinion.
"And here's the tower for originally the PeopleMover, and then the Rocket Jets, and now just a pretty thing to look at. It's not what I really think!" - Tony Baxter

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: March 30, 2017, 05:48 PM »
I like the lighting. It fits nicely, in my opinion.
I fiddled with it and uploaded the new pic, varying the colors a little. Is it better or worse? Or can you tell the difference?

Offline andreizsmart

• 'supercoolsuper'
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: March 30, 2017, 06:13 PM »
Shyguy, God of interiors. That arcade is so great eand the little services and facilities that youre incorporating are really adding to the realism and wonder of the game. Where do you find the motivation!? The queue line for the coaster is a little stark and repetitive, almost like a themed six flags queue. Maybe add panels to break up the space a little or a ceiling feature maybe? Similar to how Tokyo Disney's Pooh Hunny Hunt queue is.
Initiating power transfer...

Offline TMH

• Never look back darling, it distracts from the now
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: March 30, 2017, 06:25 PM »
It's a nice psychological trick how you shaped the queue. Guests should feel like the line moves quicker the deeper in they get.

Unless I'm looking at it wrong, and the zag's get longer the longer you zig. Hm. Maybe that makes more sense with the no entry signs... In which case, how delightfully excruciating of Mr. Wonder.

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 30, 2017, 08:41 PM »
It's a nice psychological trick how you shaped the queue. Guests should feel like the line moves quicker the deeper in they get.

Unless I'm looking at it wrong, and the zag's get longer the longer you zig. Hm. Maybe that makes more sense with the no entry signs... In which case, how delightfully excruciating of Mr. Wonder.
You are correct. Pretty crafty of old Mr. Wonder...

The queue line for the coaster is a little stark and repetitive, almost like a themed six flags queue. Maybe add panels to break up the space a little or a ceiling feature maybe? Similar to how Tokyo Disney's Pooh Hunny Hunt queue is.
This is technically the overflow queue (or pre-queue?). It's what I like to refer to as the line to get into line. It's before you actually enter the Space Port building. This part of the queue begins the slow immersive process and it isn't until you get inside the actual Space Port that you become completely immersed in the Space Port environment. And there's still quite a ways to the launch station from here.

The old exterior Space Port pre-queue from Wonder World II

Offline JMAinAZ

• Atari Member Since Jan 2003
    • View Profile
    • My Personal RCT3 Website - Home to Some of the Best RCT3 Videos!
« Reply #253 on: March 31, 2017, 07:07 PM »
Ha!
First. I love the escalator.

Second.  Something tells me you've waited in the outside portion of the line for DL Space Mountain before...
The line to enter the inside line...lol.

-JMAinAZ

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 31, 2017, 08:34 PM »
Something tells me you've waited in the outside portion of the line for DL Space Mountain before...
The line to enter the inside line...lol.
You got it. :D

Offline n7

• This stupidity must be immortalized
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: April 01, 2017, 08:27 AM »
Cruel...just cruel - lol there are psychological tricks designers play when designing the queue...but mr wonder just straight up went for cattle pens. LOL no subtlety there.

Love the look of space port though - is that the only part of the queue or is there a more guided part like Space Mountain once you finally get IN the mountain. This is almost like Star Tours, but even star tours was kind enough to vary the scenes with ships and stuff.

Oh Mr Wonder...you cheap snake.

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 01, 2017, 10:28 AM »
Love the look of space port though - is that the only part of the queue or is there a more guided part like Space Mountain once you finally get IN the mountain.
This is only one section of the queue. Once you enter the actual Space Port, it will get more immersive.

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 01, 2017, 04:21 PM »

The next section of the queue is the skybridge leading to the entrance of the Space Port.

Offline TMH

• Never look back darling, it distracts from the now
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 01, 2017, 11:26 PM »
So immersive! The views of the restroom and locker facilities from the skybridge really make you feel like you're in a real space port!

(...Actually I'm in love with that kind of layering and weaving...)

Offline SPRidley

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 02, 2017, 03:24 AM »
Man, i just got a heart attack when i saw the pacman and marios on the screen. Thought it was made with the process Adfo did when he made the emrgency signs and i was sweating already thinking how much time you took to make them lol
But seems Mr Wonder loves his Photoshop hahaha

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: April 02, 2017, 10:40 PM »
Man, i just got a heart attack when i saw the pacman and marios on the screen. Thought it was made with the process Adfo did when he made the emrgency signs and i was sweating already thinking how much time you took to make them lol
But seems Mr Wonder loves his Photoshop hahaha
I'm not that crazy.

Mr. Wonder takes a walk through the work-in-progress Space Port Entrance Plaza at Wonder World. Viewer Discretion is advised.

Offline Kablary

• Kuh - Blah - Ree
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 03, 2017, 01:51 AM »
I haven't even considered for one minute playing Planet Coaster, and after seeing this, I don't think I ever will! There's little that can top it, and from what I've read, you're only going to improve things when and if Frontier add more features. What a knockout!

You don't have to have any experience with the game to appreciate the IMMENSE detail you're putting into every nook and cranny. I can't really say anything that hasn't already been said. If ToursDepartinDaily is still around, Mr. Wonder should invite them to do some HDR photography once the park is officially open.  ;)

Offline RCT D!

• San Lacrona Beach Resort
    • View Profile
    • Rollercoaster Tycoon D! - YouTube Channel
« Reply #262 on: April 03, 2017, 02:56 AM »
Very funny video, I liked it. Your staff members don´t seems to be happy! You should pay them more or don´t deploy them when there is no guest. That must be horrible and boring. I like the big lockers room and restoroom, your visitors are perfectly prepared when they´ll start their day in Wonder World. Perhaps they are able to hear Walt Disney as well while passing the entrance and listening to Walts voice: "Have a nice day".

Offline Quinn

• Whahaha... No.
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 04, 2017, 09:07 AM »
Very funny video shyguy and Mr Wonder. I love the references! Wonder world looks great, and you've certainly found a better solution to toilet doors than in Planet Brocoaster, haha.  ;D
Click the banner to visit my thread!

Offline Mr. Wonder

• CEO Wonder Studios
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: April 04, 2017, 06:59 PM »
How to be ignored by 6,500 people? Post on TPSG. :mad:up:
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 08:25 PM by Mr. Wonder »

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 04, 2017, 07:04 PM »
Very funny video shyguy and Mr Wonder. I love the references! Wonder world looks great, and you've certainly found a better solution to toilet doors than in Planet Brocoaster, haha.  ;D
Thanks Quinn. :)

I haven't even considered for one minute playing Planet Coaster, and after seeing this, I don't think I ever will! There's little that can top it, and from what I've read, you're only going to improve things when and if Frontier add more features. What a knockout!

You don't have to have any experience with the game to appreciate the IMMENSE detail you're putting into every nook and cranny. I can't really say anything that hasn't already been said. If ToursDepartinDaily is still around, Mr. Wonder should invite them to do some HDR photography once the park is officially open.  ;)
Thanks Kablary. A very nice complement. But you should consider playing PC. With patience and imagination, it's pretty easy to make awesome looking parks. ;)

Very funny video, I liked it. Your staff members don´t seems to be happy! You should pay them more or don´t deploy them when there is no guest. That must be horrible and boring. I like the big lockers room and restoroom, your visitors are perfectly prepared when they´ll start their day in Wonder World. Perhaps they are able to hear Walt Disney as well while passing the entrance and listening to Walts voice: "Have a nice day".
Thanks RCT D! I'll tell Mr. Wonder to treat his employees better, but I don't think it will make much difference.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 05, 2017, 06:19 AM »
I'll tell Mr. Wonder to treat his employees better, but I don't think it will make much difference.

I agree with his Mr. W's HR policies.  Hire 'em cheap, work 'em til they won't, then replace 'em :)  I also recommend flogging a couple of hands now and again, pour encourager les autres  :up:
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline LoneWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #267 on: April 05, 2017, 08:35 PM »
The video was great, I loved it. I can't wait to see the landscaping I think it will just tie the whole place up.

I just have to ask, did Mr. Wonder put Disney's frozen head in a locker? (You know, keep your enemies close?) :whistling:
Proud Member of: Dutcher's Outer Worldly Network, fun for all and all for fun!

« Reply #268 on: April 06, 2017, 04:58 AM »
I loved it as well.  The employee thought bubbles were hilarious.

It was also kind of nice to get a feel for the geography, seeing some landscape outside of the park.  Really looking forward to seeing transitions to other lands from this point of view.  Mr D's head has every right to be concerned.

« Reply #269 on: April 06, 2017, 06:31 AM »
Just when I thought he could sink no lower...really, Mr. Wonder?

Looking up the young ladies skorts?