• 1198 replies

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
Re: Wonder World (Sneak Peek)
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2017, 03:47 PM »
^ So in other words:

Nice.
Not exactly. "Spill out" wasn't the best choice of words. It's more like, "leave and go elsewhere".

I'm so glad Planet Coaster works better for large round structures than RCT3. Sure, it's a lot of flat sides put together at small angles, so it can't be "truly" round. But it looks so much better than the small curved walls on the grid put together in your original RCT3 Expo 3000  :P
Wonder World II featured completely round walls, all cs made specifically for the Space Center. So it actually looked better than what can be done with PC. Unfortunately, I can't even open the park file in Windows 7 anymore, thus the cancellation of that project.

I actually like the slightly smaller expo center. It is still pretty imposing, yet, as you mentioned, isn't totally overpowering.

The flowerbed is clever, and works beautifully. Are you thinking of recreating the war of the worlds attraction? That should be great!

Can't wait for more!
I'm rather disappointed with the flower bed. It all turns white as you move the camera away. I'm hoping Frontier fixes this problem. As for War of the Worlds, that has not been confirmed. The original attraction (from the model) was World of the Future, which featured slow-moving vehicles through futuristic scenes, similar to the old Horizons attraction at Epcot. That attraction is more likely to happen. War of the Worlds could still make it to this version, but in a completely different format.
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline LoneWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2017, 04:12 PM »
Not exactly. "Spill out" wasn't the best choice of words. It's more like, "leave and go elsewhere".

I'll kept this hype train going....

MONORAIL!

Proud Member of: Dutcher's Outer Worldly Network, fun for all and all for fun!

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2017, 04:40 PM »
I'll kept this hype train going....

MONORAIL!
Nope. Expo 3000 already has a monorail planned, which departs from the Transport Center. (Just like the old Wonder World). The Expo 3000 Space Port will still be the launching center of a roller coaster/dark ride/??.  ;)

Offline Guy_With_A_Stick

• Come for the creds, stay for the Taco Bell
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2017, 06:10 PM »
Technically, an RMC T-Rex is a monorail...  :whistling:
Top 10: Voyage | Goliath(SFGAm) | Skyrush | Maverick | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | Viper(SFGAm) | Superman: Ride of Steel | Top Thrill Dragster | Lightning Run

I'm the guy who is supposed to be smart, but has less work ethic than a senior after getting accepted to a college.

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2017, 04:15 AM »
Is that the transport centre I can see poking in on the right of the picture?

I much prefer the Expo building in this version. The size is better. I also like how it's more modern looking but still has that 60s, 70s retro vibe. Is it going to have any more detail in this version or are you still going for the more austere look of the original?

One thing I love is that you've nailed it to such a degree that when I look at that picture, it looks like I'm looking at a classic picture I've seen many times over the last few years, but when you look, it isn't a picture from RCT3. It's like when Hollywood does a remake of a classic, but done well, with care and honouring the original. Love it.

Offline AemJaY

• Swiss Coaster builder
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2017, 04:54 AM »
Can anyone gimme a link to the old park whos every body talking but just jay dont understand what are they talking?

I like the style of that entrance, looks clean, fresh, and not to big with lights and all that stuff! like it!
Streamer and Youtuber from switzerland!
Visit: !twitter! // !Youtube // !Twitch

« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2017, 06:34 AM »
Can anyone gimme a link to the old park whos every body talking but just jay dont understand what are they talking?

I like the style of that entrance, looks clean, fresh, and not to big with lights and all that stuff! like it!

shyguy addresses this in post #20 in this thread. Most of us have been around too many years and remember this firsthand!  ;D

Offline AemJaY

• Swiss Coaster builder
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2017, 07:58 AM »
thank you :) will check that out!

Offline andreizsmart

• 'supercoolsuper'
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2017, 10:15 AM »
Master of tease. I see Transport Center on the right too! A little hard to tell from the low angle but I think you've nailed the scale down for the entry plaza and Expo 3000. Im having trouble with my own projects getting the scale just right especially not being able to change the high perspective from a setting similar to a camera instead of a human. Its prominent enough that it dominates it surroundings and acts as a barrier to the park, but not so overbearing like Space Earth at Epcot.
Initiating power transfer...

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2017, 10:34 AM »
Is that the transport centre I can see poking in on the right of the picture?
I was wondering if anyone would notice that. ;)

I much prefer the Expo building in this version. The size is better. I also like how it's more modern looking but still has that 60s, 70s retro vibe. Is it going to have any more detail in this version or are you still going for the more austere look of the original?
The Space Port and Transport Center are being modeled after the Wonder World II versions. I expect there will be some added details not seen before, but the land will keep the simple, retro style of the original park. Although, as you pass under the Space Port and enter the land of Expo 3000, you will find a much different land than seen before. I never liked the layout of the original, especially with that huge, ugly bridge spanning the two main areas. So big changes are indeed planned.

One thing I love is that you've nailed it to such a degree that when I look at that picture, it looks like I'm looking at a classic picture I've seen many times over the last few years, but when you look, it isn't a picture from RCT3. It's like when Hollywood does a remake of a classic, but done well, with care and honouring the original. Love it.
Thank you.

Master of tease.
:P

A little hard to tell from the low angle but I think you've nailed the scale down for the entry plaza and Expo 3000. Im having trouble with my own projects getting the scale just right especially not being able to change the high perspective from a setting similar to a camera instead of a human. Its prominent enough that it dominates it surroundings and acts as a barrier to the park, but not so overbearing like Space Earth at Epcot.
Scale is still one of the biggest challenges. The Ticket Plaza is perfect, I think. As you enter beneath the Space Port, it gets a little tighter than I had hoped, but not terribly. The Transport Center is coming out a little over-sized again. I've down-sized it twice, and it's still is a little bigger than I wanted, but due to the minimum path size of 4 meters wide, I can't go any smaller. I do wish we had a smaller path width, as it would make interiors easier to build.

Offline blk_mamba

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
    • Join the Fun! Kirkmen Island
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2017, 10:38 AM »
I am liking these teasers, and looking forward to see what you are going to do with a new game!

« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2017, 12:01 PM »
Oh man! Just had to finally make a log-in and post a comment to say how excited I am for this, considering the Wonder World series was thee series to get me into RTC3 and the theme park simulation community at large! Really, really excited to see how this transitions to Planet Coaster

Offline mb1.0.2

• Keepin' it Classy
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2017, 12:15 PM »
I think this will be the best (virtual) version of Wonder World yet! I'm glad you've scaled back the scale. Of course, as you said, it doesn't help that PC does everything it can to make sure you build bigger than necessary. I have to say that's my biggest gripe of the game so far. Regardless, this is already looking awesome and I can't wait to see more!

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2017, 04:57 PM »
I am liking these teasers, and looking forward to see what you are going to do with a new game!
Thanks, blk_mamba. I have lots of ideas. Hopefully I can implement them all in PC.

Oh man! Just had to finally make a log-in and post a comment to say how excited I am for this, considering the Wonder World series was thee series to get me into RTC3 and the theme park simulation community at large! Really, really excited to see how this transitions to Planet Coaster
Thanks, Bigfoot. And welcome to SGW. Glad to hear you're excited. That makes me excited and even more motivated to work on this. :)

I think this will be the best (virtual) version of Wonder World yet! I'm glad you've scaled back the scale. Of course, as you said, it doesn't help that PC does everything it can to make sure you build bigger than necessary. I have to say that's my biggest gripe of the game so far. Regardless, this is already looking awesome and I can't wait to see more!
Thanks, masked. I have every intention of making this the biggest and best Wonder World.
Hopefully I'll be able to live up to my expectations. ;)

Offline andreizsmart

• 'supercoolsuper'
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2017, 10:31 AM »
If you're worried about how large the transport center looks next to Expo 3000 building because from what I can see, if both are in the same view it may make Expo3000 appear small, just find a way to block sightlines. A row of trees and landscaping on either side of the walkways adjacent to the ticket booths in the plaza will help diminish visibility to the transport center and reduce it in size. Or a few trees butted against the transport center's sides itself so that it only peaks above the treeline in guests sightlines from the entry plaza.
Initiating power transfer...

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2017, 01:24 PM »
If you're worried about how large the transport center looks next to Expo 3000 building because from what I can see, if both are in the same view it may make Expo3000 appear small, just find a way to block sightlines. A row of trees and landscaping on either side of the walkways adjacent to the ticket booths in the plaza will help diminish visibility to the transport center and reduce it in size. Or a few trees butted against the transport center's sides itself so that it only peaks above the treeline in guests sightlines from the entry plaza.
Good advice. :)

Here's a peek at early construction of the Transport Center.

Offline FlyingDutchman7

• FD7 Amusement
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2017, 02:40 PM »
That's amazing! I don't recognize any objects at all, haha! So eh... how did you do that 120 degree angle in the white walls?

I have always liked the clean look of Expo 3000, although it's starting to look a tad bit... outdated  :sweat:

I had a look at your models (in case anyone else wants to see them, click here) and I'm wondering why you opted for only one row of windows at the top, while the model has two. I think two would look better.
Also, I see you haven't yet added the letters to the Expo building. Because I myself wondered how it could be done, I had a try at it in the spoiler.
Spoiler (hover to show)

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2017, 03:51 PM »
That's amazing! I don't recognize any objects at all, haha! So eh... how did you do that 120 degree angle in the white walls?
Triangles. ;)

I have always liked the clean look of Expo 3000, although it's starting to look a tad bit... outdated  :sweat:
Agreed. But I didn't want to change the two top iconic structures of Expo 3000. Again, these are early pics and I'm mostly concentrating on getting the basic layout of the land to make sure everything lines up correctly and fits. This will be very important later, as many of the attractions will intertwine with one another. New details and landscaping will possibly bring these more up to date. I'm still doing a lot of learning and experimenting.

I had a look at your models (in case anyone else wants to see them, click here) and I'm wondering why you opted for only one row of windows at the top, while the model has two. I think two would look better.
I tried in Wonder World II, but it made the building way too tall. This version of the Transit Center will be very different from the model and much closer to the WWII version.

Also, I see you haven't yet added the letters to the Expo building. Because I myself wondered how it could be done, I had a try at it in the spoiler.
I had already discovered that piece and that's what I plan to do. Great minds think alike. ;) I'm still deciding whether to put it in the same spot as in the model, or move it down below the actual building, just above the main entrance gates.

Offline CoastersPaul

• Parkitect Hipster
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2017, 05:51 PM »
That model thread hasn't aged well. The model pictures are great, but then there's all the excited spam over moving text and fonts, and then all the begging for it to be a real park is... a bit much. Would you ever consider moving all your old Wonder World pictures somewhere without all of that? I know there were some pictures of the model in your blog when you showed how things changed going to the original RCT3 model, but it seems like that series just stopped pretty abruptly after reading through all the posts.

« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2017, 08:08 PM »
O.....M.....Gee!!!!!!!  Wonder World is back!  Hallelujah Praise the Lord!  I was hoping this dream would come true!  Now....I'll await the Rumbling Ridge Bobsleds!  :D  Hee hee!  For those of you who don't remember Wonder World, here's a great glimpse with a lot of POV videos.

http://www.shyguysthemeparkworld.com/2015/04/wonder-worldthe-story-begins.html (Hope you don't mind me sharing Mr. Wonder and Shyguy)
How many times to Disneyland in one year is too many???  There is never too many.

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2017, 03:22 PM »
Would you ever consider moving all your old Wonder World pictures somewhere without all of that?
If enough people request it, I might.

O.....M.....Gee!!!!!!!  Wonder World is back!  Hallelujah Praise the Lord!  I was hoping this dream would come true!  Now....I'll await the Rumbling Ridge Bobsleds!
I'm always touched when people remember the rides and attractions from my old Wonder World project. I'm hoping this version will be as memorable. Thanks. :)

And now, what you've all been waiting for....

The Space Port Restrooms! Woo-hoo!!

The interior. This is the men's restrooms. Or is it the women's? The signs outside are confusing.

« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2017, 03:31 PM »
What?! No toilets or urinals?  I don't think the guests will want to pee in the sink.....ha ha ha! 

You're Rumbling Ridge was one of the closest things to Matterhorn at Disneyland I had seen so it really stuck with me.  Matterhorn is one of my most favorite attractions.  You had many others I loved, but Rumbling Ridge was my favorite.  :D
How many times to Disneyland in one year is too many???  There is never too many.

Offline TMH

• Never look back darling, it distracts from the now
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 18, 2017, 03:31 PM »
"It all started with a restroom" -Walter Wonder

« Reply #53 on: January 18, 2017, 05:21 PM »
"To pee or not to pee, that is the question..." - Unknown

Pretty clever use of different pieces to create your interior! What did you use for the faucets?

As long as we are reminiscing, my personal favorite was always the seven seas boat ride. It amazed me how well you combined all that scenery into a small world type attraction. Fate's was great, but your real creativity showed with the boats.

Offline mb1.0.2

• Keepin' it Classy
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 18, 2017, 05:26 PM »
I love how well that one font works for Expo 3000. Dat interior, tho...wow. That's really nice. What are the shiny floors?

Offline TOGOFan

• Everyone can be nothing!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 18, 2017, 06:02 PM »

The interior. This is the men's restrooms. Or is it the women's? The signs outside are confusing.

It's 2017. There's no difference. Get on with the times! (Lol).

It all looks so sleek. Brilliant work!
"It's weird that pirates would go shore to shore looking for buried treasure when the real treasure was in the friendships they were making."

Offline Guy_With_A_Stick

• Come for the creds, stay for the Taco Bell
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 18, 2017, 06:10 PM »
Quite wonderful! The detail in this is going to be insane. I already know it.
Top 10: Voyage | Goliath(SFGAm) | Skyrush | Maverick | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | Viper(SFGAm) | Superman: Ride of Steel | Top Thrill Dragster | Lightning Run

I'm the guy who is supposed to be smart, but has less work ethic than a senior after getting accepted to a college.

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 18, 2017, 06:21 PM »
Wonder-loos. I love it. I can Imagine a health and safety nightmare on them smooth and shiny floors if someone's aim isn't very good when they piddle  ;)

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 18, 2017, 08:32 PM »
"It all started with a restroom" -Walter Wonder
That sounds obscene.

What?! No toilets or urinals?  I don't think the guests will want to pee in the sink.....ha ha ha! 
The toilets are across from the sinks, you silly person.

You're Rumbling Ridge was one of the closest things to Matterhorn at Disneyland I had seen so it really stuck with me.  Matterhorn is one of my most favorite attractions.  You had many others I loved, but Rumbling Ridge was my favorite.  :D
I'm very looking forward to building the new Rumbling Ridge Bobsleds, as I never did it justice in RCT3.

I love how well that one font works for Expo 3000. Dat interior, tho...wow. That's really nice. What are the shiny floors?
"Spaceship Trim 1" upside down.

"To pee or not to pee, that is the question..." - Unknown

Pretty clever use of different pieces to create your interior! What did you use for the faucets?
Iron Ring and Candy Cane Small for the faucets, Cosmic Cow Standing Sign 2 for the sinks.

As long as we are reminiscing, my personal favorite was always the seven seas boat ride. It amazed me how well you combined all that scenery into a small world type attraction. Fate's was great, but your real creativity showed with the boats.
Seven Seas Boat Ride will probably not make it to this version. It was originally the Boat Ride to Storybook Village when the original model was built. That is the tentative plan for this Wonder World. Fate's House of Fun is planned, but the final design is still in the works, as is the type of ride that will be the Wizard's Castle. I have no idea what that will be, but it won't be spinning pumpkins. ;)

Quite wonderful! The detail in this is going to be insane. I already know it.
It is. I hope my computer doesn't explode. (I'm saving my money as I have a feeling I'll need a super computer if I want to build the whole park on one map. And I do.

It all looks so sleek. Brilliant work!
Thank you, TOGOFan.

Wonder-loos. I love it. I can Imagine a health and safety nightmare on them smooth and shiny floors if someone's aim isn't very good when they piddle  ;)
They may be shiny, but they are specially treated to be slip proof. :P

Thanks everyone for the nice comments. I'll have something even better than the restrooms next time. (Can there be anything better than restrooms?)

Offline AemJaY

• Swiss Coaster builder
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #59 on: January 19, 2017, 12:41 AM »
YEAH! The Restrooms have so much details, haha iam wondering whats next!