Wonder World (Rocky River Rowboats)

• 1198 replies

Offline FlyingDutchman7

• FD7 Amusement
    • View Profile
Re: Wonder World (Sneak Peek)
« Reply #60 on: January 19, 2017, 05:13 AM »
RESTROOM DETAILING!!! Yeeehaw! Never thought I'd see that in Planet Coaster. So few people have done it in RCT3, so... That shiny floor is a great find, it fits the restroom very well.

« Reply #61 on: January 19, 2017, 06:40 AM »
Since a lot of people are reminiscing, I want to add that my favorite was always Catfish Cove.  On the plus side you already have most of the scenery pieces you need, but on the down side we're missing critical water rides.  I'm crossing my fingers that Frontier comes through on that.

Outstanding bathrooms.  Those are words I don't get to say very often in life.

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 19, 2017, 08:24 PM »
Since a lot of people are reminiscing, I want to add that my favorite was always Catfish Cove.  On the plus side you already have most of the scenery pieces you need, but on the down side we're missing critical water rides.  I'm crossing my fingers that Frontier comes through on that.
The community needs to vote for the Muskrat Marsh Explorer Boats for the next ride they add. :P
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

« Reply #63 on: January 20, 2017, 09:00 AM »
I totally forgot about the Muskrat attraction!  Ha ha!  Really, there are so many it is hard to remember them all. Ha ha
How many times to Disneyland in one year is too many???  There is never too many.

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 20, 2017, 02:01 PM »
I didn't realize I hadn't finished the original Wonder World tour on my shyguy's Theme Park World blog. I kind of abandoned the project.  :blush:

I have now added a new post featuring the Southern Plantation Restaurant (which I have begun construction in PC). I will finish the tour of Catfish Cove shortly. http://www.shyguysthemeparkworld.com/

Offline thylacine

• Expect something soonish
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 24, 2017, 12:18 AM »
Alright thats it! I have to get this game now! I have been slowly inching my way into this on and you really did it for me. Its always awesome to see Wonder World being recreated! Also for the size of Expo 3000 I understand! When I tried recreating it in Minecraft it really didn't work well, now we know why!

Can't wait to see where this goes. Hopefully there will be no shenanigans this time around!

-thylacine

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 24, 2017, 01:01 PM »
Alright thats it! I have to get this game now! I have been slowly inching my way into this on and you really did it for me.
Just expect a lot of restrictions. There is so much you can do with PC and still so much that you can't. I expect a lot of changes and tons of new content to be added over the next couple of years, but be prepared to be patient...

The interior of the Transport Center atrium is shaping up.

Offline mb1.0.2

• Keepin' it Classy
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 24, 2017, 02:35 PM »
The shadows---wow. It really makes it feel so much more real. Amazing.

Offline ImagineerTom

• It all started with a mouse.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 24, 2017, 03:32 PM »
Nice, shy! Interior feels a lot like the new DVC lounge inside the glass pyramids of the Imagination Pavilion in Epcot. Awesome work.  :)

Offline Guy_With_A_Stick

• Come for the creds, stay for the Taco Bell
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 24, 2017, 04:54 PM »
AAGGGHHH ITS SO GOOD
Top 10: Voyage | Goliath(SFGAm) | Skyrush | Maverick | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | Viper(SFGAm) | Superman: Ride of Steel | Top Thrill Dragster | Lightning Run

I'm the guy who is supposed to be smart, but has less work ethic than a senior after getting accepted to a college.

Offline _mister_MR_

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 24, 2017, 06:56 PM »
Amazing interior!! Great job with the path, it really looks connected and like part of the building. Did you use scenery over the path or are your pathing skills that good?

Offline Montu.

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 24, 2017, 07:08 PM »
So good. The bathroom interior is fantastic.

« Reply #72 on: January 25, 2017, 04:12 AM »
You have really done an awesome job translating your vision into PC. I can't tell you how much I am looking forward to your continued work. Were you thinking of incorporating any flat rides into this area? Or (sorry, I forget the name,) but the one where you used spongebob and those other characters as aliens? That was inspired!

And for the record, Catfish Cove was always my favorite land!  ;D  A little underdeveloped, but a beautiful area, muskrats and all! What plans are in the works for the shrieking shack??? Looking forward to the reveal of the Plantation restaurant.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 04:13 AM by citytrader »

Offline AemJaY

• Swiss Coaster builder
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #73 on: January 25, 2017, 05:57 AM »
another empty room that still looks so impresiv! Love that style ahahaha :D
Streamer and Youtuber from switzerland!
Visit: !twitter! // !Youtube // !Twitch

« Reply #74 on: January 26, 2017, 04:02 PM »
Yes, those shadows bring a whole new depth to the game and station!!!  Keep em coming Shy!
How many times to Disneyland in one year is too many???  There is never too many.

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 26, 2017, 05:02 PM »
Thanks guys for the nice comments.

Hmmm. No comments about the little teaser in that photo...

Did you use scenery over the path or are your pathing skills that good?
I'm pretty much forced to use "path covers" over all paths, as creating the paths I want to is impossible with the current pathing system.

Were you thinking of incorporating any flat rides into this area? Or (sorry, I forget the name,) but the one where you used spongebob and those other characters as aliens? That was inspired!

And for the record, Catfish Cove was always my favorite land!  ;D  A little underdeveloped, but a beautiful area, muskrats and all! What plans are in the works for the shrieking shack??? Looking forward to the reveal of the Plantation restaurant.
The "spongebob" ride was the Expo 3000 Space Port. Sadly, spongebob will not be returning to this attraction. :P It will be MUCH different.
And there is one new flat ride planned for the Expo 3000 area.

Shrieking shack? If you mean the Haunted Shack, yes, it is planned, but no details have been confirmed. And it may be some time before I show off the Plantation Restaurant, as it, along with many other things, are in a very early construction stage. I'm in the process of laying out the entire park and making sure everything will line up and fit correctly. So there won't be much to show for a while. Just little tidbits for now...

Like the Guest Relations building.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 05:07 PM by shyguy »

Offline TMH

• Never look back darling, it distracts from the now
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 26, 2017, 06:01 PM »
Oh! It must be the World of Tomorrow building...  Or it could be the restaurant.. I don't remember my WWI history too well.

Offline Kinderly

• Enjoy it while it lasts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 26, 2017, 06:33 PM »
Its amazing how much the modern set fits into the Expo 3000 aesthetic. I'm really liking the little tidbits we have seen.

Also just a little note, I swear I have never seen a rope fence like that in the game until now. Did you make it, or am I just missing it in the menus?

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 28, 2017, 02:31 PM »
Also just a little note, I swear I have never seen a rope fence like that in the game until now. Did you make it, or am I just missing it in the menus?
You won't find the stanchions in any of the menus. They were quite easy to make and came out looking much better than I had expected.

Oh! It must be the World of Tomorrow building...  Or it could be the restaurant.. I don't remember my WWI history too well.
Yep. It's early construction of the World of the Future building (War of the Worlds in the RCT3 version).

Construction has also begun on the Waterfront Restaurant.

Offline Knight Rider

• One man can make a difference.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 28, 2017, 05:44 PM »
Youre using the custom shape pieces to make these awesome walls right? This is looking great!

« Reply #80 on: January 28, 2017, 06:41 PM »
Wonderful shots, as always!

Offline TMH

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 28, 2017, 11:31 PM »
Sleek! Getting Tokyo Disneyland Tomorrowland / old WDW Tomorrowland vibes. Does this game have the ability to do water features?

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 28, 2017, 11:35 PM »
Does this game have the ability to do water features?
There are particle effects like splashes and fountains. Is that what you mean?

Offline TMH

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 28, 2017, 11:50 PM »
Yep, I was just curious if waterfalls or fountains are in Mr. Wonder's budget.  :whistling:

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 29, 2017, 10:18 AM »
Yep, I was just curious if waterfalls or fountains are in Mr. Wonder's budget.  :whistling:
You can sort of make small waterfalls with the particle effects, but true waterfalls haven't been implemented into the game yet.

Youre using the custom shape pieces to make these awesome walls right? This is looking great!
Yes I am. And thanks. :)

« Reply #85 on: January 29, 2017, 11:58 AM »
Hey, I just noticed the monorail track! Woop!

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 31, 2017, 06:01 PM »

The first structure in Catfish Cove goes up...the General Store.
Hmm. Mr. Wonder is going to have to do something about those snow-covered mountains in the background.

The original Catfish Cove General Store.

Offline Kinderly

• Enjoy it while it lasts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 31, 2017, 06:19 PM »
Catfish Cove was always my favorite land. It's nice to see the translation from RCT3 to PC.

Offline TMH

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 31, 2017, 06:27 PM »
Mr. Perkins (?) looks better than ever!

And also Catfish Cove looks good.

« Reply #89 on: January 31, 2017, 06:43 PM »
Looks wonderful! Can't wait for more!