Wonder World (Rocky River Rowboats)

• 1198 replies

Offline rock

• There is more to life than this
    • View Profile
Re: Wonder World (Speedway 3000 Grand Opening)
« Reply #540 on: July 04, 2017, 03:21 PM »
Great Stuff as always Shyguy!

Offline Berlin87

• CEO of Seven Seas
    • View Profile
    • Seven Seas
« Reply #541 on: July 05, 2017, 03:47 AM »
I love how HUGE everything is, yet it never feels out of scale. So good, so very good

Offline TMH

• Never look back darling, it distracts from the now
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: July 05, 2017, 12:44 PM »
What a great way to plus the original ride. Wonder what else is in the Hydro Electric plant... Here's to the future!

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: July 05, 2017, 01:30 PM »
How awesome is this track?
and how long in distance?
The track is 751 m/2463 ft long.

Loving your work on the go karts, shyguy. Great use of the new screens and billboards and that overview shot at the end of the latest update is fantastic!
Thanks mineraljunction.

Great Stuff as always Shyguy!
Thank you.

I love how HUGE everything is, yet it never feels out of scale. So good, so very good
Expo 3000 was a good area to start with while learning how to scale correctly in PC, because of the size of each pavilion's main structure. I could get a little over-sized and it would still work. But I think I got everything just the size I wanted. :)

What a great way to plus the original ride. Wonder what else is in the Hydro Electric plant... Here's to the future!
Thanks. Well, you've seen pretty much everything inside the plant. Although that's only a fraction of what will be housed in the full structure, which will be the largest in Expo 3000.

Meanwhile...

Work resumes on Catfish Cove, as the Fisherman's Inn nears competition. And no, this isn't a homage to another certain member here at SGW. It got it's name many, many years ago when I built model parks before there even were home computers. ;) :wheelchair:
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: July 05, 2017, 01:40 PM »
Ha ha!  I remember way back then when you made the custom scenery for it in RCT3...I was like..."Awwww...he named his restaurant after me.  :love: "

Now...I know otherwise.   :mad:up:

just kidding...it looks Great!

Offline thylacine

• Expect something soonish
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: July 05, 2017, 04:47 PM »
Awesome! Can't wait to see more of my favorite area of the park. Hopefully it receives some additions like there are in Expo 3000 (or 2000 ;) ).

Looking great as always. I can't wait until I can play around with this game. Your stuff always gets better and better!

-thylacine

Offline mb1.0.2

• Keepin' it Classy
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: July 05, 2017, 06:27 PM »
Can't wait to see "Bandit's Furs and Trinkets" since you clearly named that shop after our beloved Fisherman. ;)

I love Catfish Cove--might be my favorite land in the park. Can't wait to see more!

Offline MARK

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: July 07, 2017, 03:09 AM »
Looks great Shyguy! You're a talent!

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
Re: Wonder World (Catfish Cove Construction)
« Reply #548 on: July 07, 2017, 03:23 PM »
Can't wait to see "Bandit's Furs and Trinkets" since you clearly named that shop after our beloved Fisherman. ;)
Ain't gonna happen. Still waiting for Frontier to add Coonskin Caps so I can sell then at the Fur Traders.

Awesome! Can't wait to see more of my favorite area of the park. Hopefully it receives some additions like there are in Expo 3000 (or 2000 ;) ).
Mr. Wonder and myself are kicking around some ideas for some new additions for the land. It may not happen for a while, though.

Looks great Shyguy! You're a talent!
Thanks, MARK.

Work continues on Bandit's Fishy Inn, er, I mean the Fisherman's Inn.

Dining by the water.

Offline Dazzyls

• *Insert inspiring quote*
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: July 07, 2017, 04:01 PM »
 :w00t:  Those umbrellas!!! And those chairs!!!  :love:

Offline Future Imagineer

• Disneyologist
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #550 on: July 07, 2017, 05:51 PM »
Great as usual, shyguy. I like the barrels and the other little details you've placed.
"And here's the tower for originally the PeopleMover, and then the Rocket Jets, and now just a pretty thing to look at. It's not what I really think!" - Tony Baxter

« Reply #551 on: July 07, 2017, 06:14 PM »
great looking place to eat...nice work on the eating area

« Reply #552 on: July 07, 2017, 07:10 PM »
Making your own dock floors instead of using the flat roof pieces is impressive.  And well worth the tremendous time and effort it had to take.  Nice!

Offline TMH

• View Profile
« Reply #553 on: July 07, 2017, 07:20 PM »
Cafe Alfredo... err.. Fisherman's Inn looks terrific!

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: July 08, 2017, 03:05 PM »
Thanks all. :)

The Fisherman's Inn is pretty much complete.

The large, covered dining structure insures plenty of places to sit.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: July 08, 2017, 03:52 PM »
Oh wow, that's genius the way you made those wooden chairs!  I'm definitely stealing that idea :)  Great-looking restaurant in general, too.

Question:  With all of these big (and gorgeous) restaurants all over the park, will there be any room left for rides (other than the go-karts?)
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: July 08, 2017, 04:01 PM »
Save a chair for me, Bullethead!  I wanna steal one too.   :P

Really nice, Shyguy!!

Offline RCTSpanky

• Old RCT fart :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: July 08, 2017, 04:34 PM »
Can't believe how you capture that "Shyguy Style" from RCT3 and move it to Planet Coaster. Who knows ... maybe Mr. Wonder has created a Scenery Converter Machine, unfortunetely currently just for his own pleasure (and for those who work for him)  ::)

Offline RCT D!

• San Lacrona Beach Resort
    • View Profile
    • Rollercoaster Tycoon D! - YouTube Channel
« Reply #558 on: July 09, 2017, 08:17 AM »
Great dining place, I like the general look of that. Although I like the indoor section more than the outside. The sunshades are a little bit repetitive.

Offline Future Imagineer

• Disneyologist
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #559 on: July 09, 2017, 10:57 PM »
The octagon roof! Ah, brings back memories from a time when that CS piece was one of the few ways to make stuff look off the grid in RCT3.
"And here's the tower for originally the PeopleMover, and then the Rocket Jets, and now just a pretty thing to look at. It's not what I really think!" - Tony Baxter

Offline AemJaY

• Swiss Coaster builder
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #560 on: July 09, 2017, 11:47 PM »
i definitly like the fence at the fishermanns inn, i think i need to copy that. also the whole architecture looks really smooth and so realistic.
great work shy (damn that sounds alwyse so fishi. iths alwayse the same "great work shy, awesome work shy" -.- hahaha)
Streamer and Youtuber from switzerland!
Visit: !twitter! // !Youtube // !Twitch

« Reply #561 on: July 10, 2017, 11:39 AM »
I think the scenery you made for this in RCT3 really impacted the RCT3 world, and its great to see the style replicated in PC. Love it!

« Reply #562 on: July 10, 2017, 12:03 PM »
This is brilliant. But i didn't expect anything else...  :D :up:

Offline thylacine

• Expect something soonish
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: July 10, 2017, 09:09 PM »
Always making things better. I have always loved the Fisherman's Inn. The design has always been awesome!

-thylacine

Offline CoastersPaul

• Parkitect Hipster
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: July 10, 2017, 09:46 PM »
I think I've learned over the summer competition that I really like "simpler" buildings done very, very well, and your beautiful detailing in Catfish Cove is no exception. I imagine it's got to be taking at least as much time and effort to build as Expo 3000?

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: July 11, 2017, 03:28 PM »
Question:  With all of these big (and gorgeous) restaurants all over the park, will there be any room left for rides (other than the go-karts?)
Until Frontier begins adding the kind of rides I need, it's going to be more restaurants and shops. (And there are a LOT of restaurants and shops in Wonder World)

Can't believe how you capture that "Shyguy Style" from RCT3 and move it to Planet Coaster. Who knows ... maybe Mr. Wonder has created a Scenery Converter Machine, unfortunetely currently just for his own pleasure (and for those who work for him)  ::)
Thanks, Spanky. I'm doing my best to keep the look of Wonder World the same in PC as it looked in RCT3. Hopefully better. :)

Although I like the indoor section more than the outside. The sunshades are a little bit repetitive.
Well, you're entitled to your opinion. ;)

The octagon roof! Ah, brings back memories from a time when that CS piece was one of the few ways to make stuff look off the grid in RCT3.
And it was a lot easier to make it, and import it into RCT3 than it was to recreate it in PC.

great work shy (damn that sounds alwyse so fishi. iths alwayse the same "great work shy, awesome work shy" -.- hahaha)
That's okay. I never tire of hearing it. :D

I think the scenery you made for this in RCT3 really impacted the RCT3 world, and its great to see the style replicated in PC. Love it!
Thanks you.

This is brilliant. But i didn't expect anything else...  :D :up:
Thank you. Nice of you to stop by. :)

Always making things better. I have always loved the Fisherman's Inn. The design has always been awesome!
Thank you.

I think I've learned over the summer competition that I really like "simpler" buildings done very, very well, and your beautiful detailing in Catfish Cove is no exception. I imagine it's got to be taking at least as much time and effort to build as Expo 3000?
Thanks Paul. Well, Catfish Cove is a bit easier than Expo 3000 because it's much smaller and building it is not as repetitive. Although, building a town along the banks of a swampy river has it's challenges, especially in PC.

The Catfish Cove General Store in nearly complete. The exterior is still a bit drab. But I'm much more happy with the interior.

The General Store is a very rustic shop, selling simple items like candy, snacks, cooking utensils, and of course, theme park souvenirs like Catfish Cove t-shirts and other fish-themed merchandise.

I'm still not sure about the ceiling. I tried all the flat wooden roof pieces and they all looked too light and too busy. It's now a billboard with a dark wood texture, but dark textures don't work t0o well on billboards, especially on the ceiling.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 03:43 PM by shyguy »

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: July 11, 2017, 04:26 PM »
Awesome!  Is each shelf a billboard?  Did you make all the images yourself or were you able to find General Store type shelves on the interwebs?   :love:

Offline TMH

• View Profile
« Reply #567 on: July 11, 2017, 04:38 PM »
Very nice. It's amazing how you brought your trademark clean style to Planet Coaster.

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: July 11, 2017, 04:44 PM »
Awesome!  Is each shelf a billboard?  Did you make all the images yourself or were you able to find General Store type shelves on the interwebs?   :love:
Each shelf unit is a 2x4 wall billboard, turned on its side and sunk into the ground so only the top 2/3 show. The shelves themselves are in-game planks. The images were taken mostly from the internet, some left over from RCT3 version of Catfish Cove, and some are composites mixing various elements.(The t-shirts, hangers, and Casey the Catfish logo. ;))

Offline Future Imagineer

• Disneyologist
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #569 on: July 11, 2017, 04:50 PM »
Complete with family-sized bags of Doritos and Billy Bass the Singing Fish.

(Honestly, that's perfect haha. ;D)