Adventure Point!

• 53 replies

Offline sdanwolf

• Where Am I? And Who Are You People?
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Adventure Point!
« on: January 01, 2017, 11:52 AM »
Hey guys! I wanted to start the new year with a brand new Theme Park, Adventure Point! This park will consist of my creations as well as items I find on the workshop from you guys! I've already used Andy P's shop at the entrance as well as CaseyBrian's Temple & the wonderful Mexican restaurant built by Knighty! Also found that Seafoam's Asian Food court worked perfect right outside of Traders Village! I feel that with going with an Adventure theme it opens the doors to all kinds of rides & creations and doesn't box me into one set of ideas. I'm always eager to hear your feedback so let me know what you guys think! Also if you have any adventure themed buildings you'd like to see if I can use send me a note & if I think it goes with the style I'm going for I may use it! Check back as IU will have the 1st video out this evening.

Offline Montu.

• aka HL
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Point!
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2017, 12:44 PM »
Love the IOA vibe but I don't know how to feel about this overall. Some of it is amazing, especially the dutch trading co building, but some of the other stuff gets a little too chaotic for me. Like the ship on the mexilente building (ik knighty had it in there but I always thought it looked out of place), the tall wooden structures w/ the crates on them, and the tall traders village structure seems off to me. Especially considering the size of the peeps.

But i think the adventure theme overall is something you tackle really well. And like i said earlier, that dutch trading/kleding has to be one of my favorite structures I've seen made in this game. Also really happy you're giving credit and pointing out the structures you didn't make. I see far too often on reddit and the pc forums of people just taking workshop items and calling it their park.

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2017, 01:01 PM »
This looks fantastic!   I see lots of really creative uses of scenery objects!

Offline sdanwolf

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2017, 01:49 PM »
Thank you, Montu! I was on the fence about leaving the ship myself, I think the building is designed well enough to not really need it so that may go. I think this is one of those parks that may take a while to develop but as other parts are added it will come together well. I was thinking next of starting a ropes course/jungle gym type area across the bridge. Not necessarily toddler focused but smaller kids on up to adults type area.I also agree that people should make an attempt to identify who's set you are using, all you have to do is look at your subscribed items and it tells you right there. Selfish people will keep creators from sharing their buildings if the credit gets stolen often.  :no:

Thank you too, Fisherman! One of my favorite personal pieces on here is where I've taken the metal walkways and flipped them on their sides than at the top & bottom I've placed wooden poles to make what I think is a really cool looking adventure/almost safari fence!  :up:

Offline n7

• This stupidity must be immortalized
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2017, 01:58 PM »
There is definitely a sense of adventure and creativity in your work. That said, I agree with Montu that as a whole it becomes a visual cacophony when all of these super themed structures are placed next to one another. Even within any highly themed area there are places of visual rest and plainness that provide contrast for those areas that stand out more.

I think the biggest thing that is throwing everything off are the prop additions to the rooves. But not only that...the base scale of those structures seems to dwarf the peeps so much so that your wall-to-wall configurations start to feel cavernous. Whereas you have a similar grandness in parks like IoA - they do a really good job tempering that oppressive feeling by treating paths almost like a river. There is the main unobstructed path that quickly moves people from point a to point b. But along with that you have areas that branch off and slow down - large planters help to create areas of solace within the bustle. The visual benefit is that you end up with large shade trees that soften the lines of the architecture and reduce the feeling of being bombarded with color and texture.

Adventure is a fine line and beyond that is chaos. I feel like you're beyond the fine line into chaos, but not by much. Choose particular structures that you want to feature (the most architecturally attractive ones) and scale back the ones that are just filler. That will help to create contrast by giving the eye visual rest. That in addition to less, but larger planters with full size trees. And in general...more path space. I feel like PC park designers really forget this since paths only go to a certain size - but a main thoroughfare like this should be quite spacious and large enough to direct 5k people at any given time. Stitching paths together with the z key can make for some really spacious path systems - keep that in mind!

Offline sdanwolf

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2017, 03:30 PM »
Thank you N7! That explanation may really help me alter the course of this park & in short, like Montu was eluding to, not make the park too busy theme/visual wise. I really like the way planters could work out to break up some of the madness & will look to place them throughout. This kind of feedback is why you guys are the pros lol!

I also built this rock climbing wall before the rope course so if you wanted, you could climb the wall then make your way onto the rope course from the top. If not, the rope course will have a regular entrance too.

Offline Montu.

• aka HL
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2017, 05:08 PM »
Really well done. The fences are great too.

Offline sdanwolf

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2017, 08:03 PM »
Thanks! The metal walkway used to make that fence is right now probably my favorite piece in the game haha

Here is the 1st video update that was pre-rock wall. I should have another overview clip out later in the week.

Offline AemJaY

• Swiss Coaster builder
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2017, 04:09 AM »
yeah that rock climb is really nice! good work sdan. Saw the screenshot on twitter. So iam in here and watch your progress :)
Streamer and Youtuber from switzerland!
Visit: !twitter! // !Youtube // !Twitch

Offline sdanwolf

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2017, 07:35 PM »
Thank's Jay! Here is the next update where I show the new rock climbing wall/rope course area as well as some different angles of the park.

Offline AemJaY

• Swiss Coaster builder
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2017, 11:02 PM »
great shots. but sdan on the rock climb wall there is a fault.
on the left side, the yellow line. i think there is missing a route :D.
the Gap between the yellow catches is a bit too big i think :P

Offline RCT D!

• San Lacrona Beach Resort
    • View Profile
    • Rollercoaster Tycoon D! - YouTube Channel
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2017, 05:41 PM »
Great pictures you share with that area. I like it!

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2017, 08:51 AM »
The fun that you are having building this comes through in each shot.  Love everything about the climbing wall, and the airplane is just amazing.

Offline sdanwolf

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2017, 11:54 AM »
Thanks guys! Finished a new coaster in the Frontierland section of the park! Fire Mountain,

« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 02:59 PM by sdanwolf »

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2017, 03:23 PM »
Don't you love it when you're trying to film a POV and the dude in front of you keeps throwing his hands up in the way?  ;D  Fun ride and great theming!

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2017, 05:50 PM »
Nice work buddy. I think the mine train coaster is really tricky to get an authentic feel and you managed it here. It was thrilling without being stupidly over the top and it had some great head-choppers thrown in. looking forward to seeing what comes next. :D

Offline sdanwolf

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2017, 09:26 AM »
HaHa thank you guys! Here is the next section of the park that will be anchored by my Transformers 3D Ride! Im thinking of making Bumble Bee as well and place him in this red feature circle for pictures & such.

[/size]

Offline blk_mamba

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
    • Join the Fun! Kirkmen Island
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2017, 09:36 AM »
I am interested in seeing more about this transformers ride. Great work so far.

Offline sdanwolf

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2017, 11:56 AM »
Thanks! Not sure if I'll try to make it a ride one day or not lol That's the hard part for me!

Offline gamer2456

• Shyguy rocket! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2017, 01:57 PM »
Oh god please upload them 2 at workshop because I love transformers.
I have a learning disability

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2017, 02:44 PM »
That Transformers façade is really impressive. Everything from the colours to the queue just look.....right.

Offline sdanwolf

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2017, 06:06 PM »
I actually moved Bumblebee a little bit & put up an entrance sign for this section of the park  :up:

Offline Guy_With_A_Stick

• Come for the creds, stay for the Taco Bell
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2017, 06:20 PM »
I love the Transformers, but I'm not sure I like the placement of the sign. If you're doing a photo op with Bumble Bee, you don't want a giant sign in the way. Personally, I'd put the area sign between Bumble Bee's current placement and the arcade sign, and have it arch over the path. It's how most studios are, so it won't only look better, but it'd be more realistic as well.

Everything else looks great! Keep it up!
Top 10: Voyage | Goliath(SFGAm) | Skyrush | Maverick | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | Viper(SFGAm) | Superman: Ride of Steel | Top Thrill Dragster | Lightning Run

I'm the guy who is supposed to be smart, but has less work ethic than a senior after getting accepted to a college.

Offline RCT D!

• San Lacrona Beach Resort
    • View Profile
    • Rollercoaster Tycoon D! - YouTube Channel
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2017, 09:18 AM »
Wow I like that idea and I hope that you will create a Transformers ride with Planet Coaster someday. Looks fantastic so far!

Offline BlueSpirit

• ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2017, 10:54 AM »
I agree about the sign-placement. It is a bit odd.
The transformers look really cool though, I wasn't a big fan of the movies or the animated series, but it is always nice to see someone recreate things like this. It just shows how creative you can get with this game :)

Offline AemJaY

• Swiss Coaster builder
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2017, 11:46 AM »
damn sdan you have a highlvl output of new things here! Love your Logwalls :D
and of course the Transformers! theyr looking awesome!

« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2017, 12:38 PM »
Really enjoying watching this park grow. Fire mountain was great!

Looking forward to seeing your studio area and what you have in store for us.

Offline mb1.0.2

• Keepin' it Classy
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2017, 12:16 PM »
I love that transformers facade. Really well done. I'm enjoying your evolution as a creator, too. Each project you put out gets better and better!

Offline sdanwolf

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2017, 06:11 PM »
Thank you guys for your feedback & helping me shape this park! Here is the latest video update of how the park sits as well as my try at building Grimlock.

[/size][size=78%]

Offline _mister_MR_

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2017, 10:16 PM »
I am loving the Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure combo. The detail on the buildings is amazing!  :love: