Re: Funland Beach, and Amusement park:SURPRISE!

• 26 replies

Offline kylr23

• A man who struggle can also be the most sucessful.
    • View Profile
« on: January 28, 2017, 02:24 PM »
Funland Beach

Welcome to Funland Beach, Formaly called Willow Lake Beach, The land that sits just south of it was for sale, then snatched up by John Goven of the Goven Railway, Co. A railway company mainly focusing on coal transportation. He said a new amusement park will be built on the lands a few resorts once the funds been reached.

You see, while the park happened the other part did not. A resort was never built but was put on the back burner, and not only that the park exchanged hands several times through out the years. Let us start at the beginning.

Funland Beach and amusment park was a small lake side park settled in the middle of Missouri someplace. The park opened in the late 1700's  with a few rides. Including a Train (Funland Express) A Marry-go round, Dodgems, A giant swing ride, Pirate ship, And a wooden coaster with a unoriginal name called....Cyclone.

Keep in mind these are old pictures, this one was taken close to night time...

The train which was just went around the park and that was it.

Gaint Swings.

Dodgems,Pirate ship and Wooden coaster

An artest rendition of the coaster.

=============================

So this will be a slower project with updates being not so frequent,  Just as a heads up.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 10:43 PM by kylr23 »

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
Re: Funland Beach, and Amusementpark
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2017, 05:34 PM »
Looks like a good start.

So this will be a slower project with updates being not so frequent,  Just as a heads up.
This is actually good to hear. Too many people seem to be trying to create spectacular parks as quick as possible. It takes a long time to create a great park. And with PC, I'm finding it can be a slow, but rewarding process.
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline kylr23

• View Profile
Re: Funland Beach, and Amusement park
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2017, 06:27 PM »
Looks like a good start.
This is actually good to hear. Too many people seem to be trying to create spectacular parks as quick as possible. It takes a long time to create a great park. And with PC, I'm finding it can be a slow, but rewarding process.

Considering eveyrthign I create is dull, and crappy either way. I want to try and improve my build style...That and I have a job thats more important, and keeps me away for times on end.

Offline TOGOFan

• Everyone can be nothing!
    • View Profile
Re: Funland Beach, and Amusementpark
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2017, 07:56 PM »
Looks like a good start.
Oh, I'm guilty of that! (But now doing things differently).
You raise some good points here.

@kylr23, those "old-style screens" are reminiscent of the RCT3 parks presented here some time ago... it's nice to see that again!  :) And I love the placement of the Giant Swings!
"It's weird that pirates would go shore to shore looking for buried treasure when the real treasure was in the friendships they were making."

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2017, 03:21 AM »
Liking the black and white, and the back story.

Looking forward to seeing this park develop!

Offline kylr23

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2017, 08:06 AM »
There where not a tun of changes from opening, to 1982. In 1982 The park was under new ownership, and was under going several new changes including a few new shops and a few new rides. The sizzler and Super looper.

Offline matt9537

• View Profile
    • Subscribe to BackwardsProductions
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2017, 01:55 AM »
Like the new update. I'll be very interested as to how this park grows!
Planet Coaster Tutorials - If you're new to Planet Coaster or an experienced player you'll find something new you can learn! [Updated]
Planet Coaster Blueprint Essentials - Don't start a new project without these!

Offline batmanslayer

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2017, 06:56 AM »
I am loving this park as its so good so far. i cannot wait see how it grows

Offline Gianni

• Hello there
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2017, 07:06 AM »
The arrow looks realisticly unsmooth! Love it!

Offline kylr23

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2017, 10:43 AM »

F.L.B Been facing some hard times, WIth attendance due to the sever lack of rides or attractions, The main part of the park the beach was often visited the most but that was a free area and you cant access the beach through the park. So the current owner decided to apply for a major loan for about 5 mill. With that a major overhaul of the park infrastructure was made!

Some new shaded walkway was added to the cyclone que due to it only running a single cart at the time. Making loading times way to long on busy days.

Two need thrill rides where added. The sizzler and The zipper

THe majority of the loan was also used to build a floorless coaster called Intense... Named as one of the WORST floorless costers built in the 90's

The coaster boast a silly looking station, The 90's threw it self all over this one.

At lest a new station was added to bring people to this horrible attraction.

The only good thing that came out of this was a new logflume ride as well. Possibly built using the remaining funds from the said loan.

(There will be a part 2 to this update so stay tuned

Offline kylr23

• View Profile
Re: Funland Beach, and Amusement park:1995 pt2
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2017, 01:07 PM »
1995 pt2 Povs~

Cyclone:

SuperLooper

Intense:

Offline TOGOFan

• View Profile
Re: Funland Beach, and Amusement park:1995 pt2
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2017, 01:19 PM »
Cyclone was a nice, fun, classic woodie.

SuperLoop reminded me a bit of Steamin' Demon at the Great Escape, where the transition of elements is quite rough and painful, just as you'd expect in most Arrow models. So you get points for realism on that!

Intense certainly lived up to its name, with too many inversions to count, leaving you quite disoriented in the end.

I enjoyed these very much. Thank you for sharing, kylr23. :balloon:
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 01:25 PM by TOGOFan »
"It's weird that pirates would go shore to shore looking for buried treasure when the real treasure was in the friendships they were making."

Offline kylr23

• View Profile
Re: Funland Beach, and Amusement park:2005 The final nail
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2017, 01:31 PM »
Thanks, for the comment guys, turned out researching this park was less than...Present so to say. So long story short Funland Beach was mared by a series of events that lead to its closure in 1999,  THe attendance kept growing smaller and smaller each day. And the park kept going into further debt. The park was last sold to Herlingers and sons Bank, which closed it on sept 20th, 1999. Never to open its doors again, Now the park sits here rotting away slowly. Being reclaimed by nature.

The entrance is the most damaged by weather and rot, The overgrowth isn't so bad in some areas of the park thankfully.

The worst area thats been damaged is The Cyclone, Some of the wood was weakened by several major storms, and it also caught fire during a lightning storm causing some of the top to fall down.

The formur food ally is now all rust, plants and so forth. Hell I can still see the train in its station!

The bridge seen better days

So has this ugly area.

Im surprised a tree that big managed to grow through this pavement.

Oddly enough this area is...Clean, weird.

Apon looking at the destroyed portion of the miniture railroad I was stuck by the sigh of this steel beast. Possibly something built before closing.

Ok, so upon a quick google search, this was a area that was planed for y2k, how ever it was never finished before the park closed, The following right is called Fireball. And the station was supposed to resemble some kind of warehouse for whisky.

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2017, 02:59 PM »
Will the park be brought back to life? Or is it dead forever? :no:

Offline TOGOFan

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2017, 03:11 PM »
Will the park be brought back to life? Or is it dead forever? :no:

So sad to see it in shambles. Maybe there will be a change in ownership.

I love that coaster interaction with the flat ride in the last pic, I've never seen anyone do that.

Offline Quinn

• Whahaha... No.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2017, 03:36 PM »
Haha, I love that 'abandoned' look you gave the park. I love abandoned parks in real life, it's very interesting to see what nature does to a once busy place.

The pictures look nice, and I love the story about the park. Well done!  :)
Click the banner to visit my thread!

Offline kylr23

• View Profile
Re: Funland Beach, and Amusement park:2005 Urban exploring at night
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2017, 02:36 PM »
Ok so, Ahem! Why on earth are you guys so surprised that this park is abandoned? Well I can forgive it due to the fact this park isnt well known. But Hey Ive tried presenting this in a hystoric research fashion. Ahem Lets move on befor I say anything rash.

So here is a closer look at the ticket booths, You can buy a all day pass, or tickets. This was one of the few parks that still had a two way system. (tickets and day passes) There is allot of work to be done on this part. But not impossible.

The Little food court been damaged even more by a fallen tree due to a storm. This will delay everything but its not impossible.

I think the sadest part is Superlooper stuck where it was. How this happened i have no clue.

There is a little trail that basicly serves as a short cut to the flumes.

Oh look something is Missing isnt there?

Ok Maybe I should Introduce my self. My name is Mark Wailer, The new Owner of Funland Beach AMusement park. And I proud to say, We are working hard to renovate this park to its former glory, We should be open around 2007 Should everything go right. The biggest issue we are dealing with is the referb of Cyclone. But its not unfeasible I got a team of investors behind me and hopefuly we can turn things around.

Offline Quinn

• Whahaha... No.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2017, 03:04 AM »
Great to hear from you Mr Wailer! Nice to see the park will be opened again  :)
Click the banner to visit my thread!

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2017, 06:33 AM »
2007? Why, I must have already been there!  :w00t:

Seriously, I have enjoyed following the ups and downs of this cute little park.

Were you planning on releasing the various versions of the park on the Workshop?

Offline kylr23

• View Profile
Re: Funland Beach, and Amusement park:2006 WOrking on things slowly.
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2017, 08:15 PM »
Hello every one sorry for the delay, SO....Here what happened, the ticket booths we where planing to keep...Fell apart during a major storm we had, On top of that we had to rebuild the majority of cyclone. But allot of it is mostly refurbishing and re inspection. The damage isnt as bad as it could of been. 

So we needed a new entrance.

Fireball is lookin good

Intense 2.0

New rides as well!

And relocated the pirate ship

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2017, 09:54 PM »
Nice to see things shaping up for this park.

Offline Plokoon111

• Darkride Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2017, 04:23 AM »
Nice to see a timeline park! Great to see a sense of story with the abandonment.

Offline kylr23

• View Profile
Re: Funland Beach, and Amusement park:2008 All abord the money train!
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2017, 11:29 AM »
Sorry for the lack of updates everyone, Sadly Ive forgotten to do a report of opening day, Oh well being a year behind isn't so bad. (besides A bunch of theme park enthusiast cane by and took some videos. Our first year went off with a bang, We avagred about 100,000 Guest in one mounth...Which in turn cause a crap tun of issues, Expesaly with Cyclone. This is called Trial and error.

Let them poor in!

We expanded the quie for the oldie woodie

Go karts!

Due to it going under Super Looper, We added a safety net, so things don't go flying into peoples faces!

Yes we know its not themed, GO karts arnt themed in the first place. Also this is a AMUSMENT PARK! Not a theme park.

The garden is showing its colors

Oh look we are getting one last and final expansion, Yes we are building two New rollercoasters, THough Im only giving away 1. One of them is a Kiddie coaster, since we lack any family rides in the park.

(Family rides are as listed
*Bumper cars
*Farris wheel
*Little Wheel
*Carasel
*skyswings
*Funland Experess
*Superstar
*Rockapuss
*Crazy Mill
*shizzler

Now what the other ride will be will be anyones guess. How ever Im sure every one will LOVE it!

Offline kylr23

• View Profile
Re: Funland Beach, and Amusement park:Download it today!
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2017, 09:24 AM »
Spend a day and enjoy our Two new and thrilling rollercoasters. (Im not going to spoil what it is!:p)
Ill be releasing a pov of fire ball soon as well, But I might as well give you guys a taste of the park either way.
Workshop Link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=905476505

Offline kylr23

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2017, 10:51 PM »
Hello every one its Me...Whos me? Oh im A random perosn who does Park v-logs and play Amusement park tycoon 3..You know That awsome game from Fortnoco? AHEM! ANyways I dont have a tun of pictures since My main quest was to check out the new rides at F.L After hearing they got two new coasters, one being a kiddie. Ive desiced to check them out! Im so hyped!

One of the newest additions is a new family ride. Bout time!

Looking at the new path to the new area, nothing to note here, But being able to walk under Fire ball. (which had a one hour wait btw)

You...GOt to be ****ing kidding me they hyped up a val-coma Boomerang? REALLY! why do parks do this....UGh should of gotten a B&M

THe kiddie coaster is made by Zammile Its a nice little one.

And this ride...THIS Ride...Ugh.....

===================
Also here is a Pov of fire ball...

===============
Forgive the use of blueprints here guys, How ever this park is done. I dont think I can work on it anymore with out well doing some major overhauling and I cant find the muster for that.

Re: Re: Funland Beach, and Amusement park:SURPRISE!
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2017, 03:45 AM »
Really looking nice! Things seem to be on the rebound.

Would love a better look at your kiddie coaster.

Offline Plokoon111

• Darkride Master
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Funland Beach, and Amusement park:SURPRISE!
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2017, 08:10 AM »
Like the interesting POV of someone who is into amusement parks, adds some drama and interesting perspectives! I agree, another boring Vekoma?!  :w00t: