Chessington Concept - Quad Run, Jungle Rescue - tire launch coaster Video Time

• 21 replies

Offline Jake C

• Stone cold Steve, 3:16
    • View Profile
About a year or so ago Chessington released a LTDP (long term development plan) On this plan was a proposal for a couple of new coasters, one of these being an Intamin tire launch concept. As an ex employee at Chessington the park has always intrigued me and I've always thought about what could potentially be added. I asked Coasterfan312 if we would help me come up with our own concept for the proposed area.

This is the area we have to work in, a medium sized field placed next to the secondary entrance to the park

We're going for a kind of jungle vibe and this is what we have so far  :)

A train I've modeled to look like quad bikes, inspired by the Juvelen trains.

A station that is heavy WIP and I'm still currently working on and adding details to.

And here is our layout, which Coasterfan312 made  :)

Hope you like our start and I'll continue to update as we progress more. 

« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 04:46 AM by Jake C »
I live in the NoLimits board, come stop by and say hi.

Offline toofpikk

• I am this forums noob.
    • View Profile
Re: Chessington Concept - Unnamed Intamin tire launch coaster
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2017, 10:45 AM »
Awesome work again. Nice to see the stuff from the ltdp have some flesh. I will say though, that I thought that picnic area was supposed to be for the water coaster and an extension to the pirate bay area, and the area with truckers, toadies, stage, hoppers & carousel was supposed to become a new area for a motocoaster kinda thing.

It's funny because I've just started a similar kind of thing in planet coaster. Very different, but I see the potential in yours :)

Offline dapalm

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 11:27 AM »
It looks great so far! Looks like a perfect fit for that area of the park. However I would suggest some changes for the first launch, right now it's composed of turns, I'd replace one of them for an s- hill, just to have a bit more variety. Lovely trains too!

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2017, 02:59 PM »
What a great idea for a project. This will be fun to follow.

Offline matt9537

• View Profile
    • Subscribe to BackwardsProductions
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2017, 04:41 AM »
This is a great idea!
I'm quite excited to watch this and see how it shapes up. Looks like it'll be a great fit for the park!
Planet Coaster Tutorials - If you're new to Planet Coaster or an experienced player you'll find something new you can learn! [Updated]
Planet Coaster Blueprint Essentials - Don't start a new project without these!

Offline Jake C

• View Profile
Awesome work again. Nice to see the stuff from the ltdp have some flesh. I will say though, that I thought that picnic area was supposed to be for the water coaster and an extension to the pirate bay area, and the area with truckers, toadies, stage, hoppers & carousel was supposed to become a new area for a motocoaster kinda thing.

It's funny because I've just started a similar kind of thing in planet coaster. Very different, but I see the potential in yours :)

Thanks Toofpikk! I'm not to sure tbh but what your saying makes sense, I guess it doesn't matter too much seeing as this is just a bit of fun.

It looks great so far! Looks like a perfect fit for that area of the park. However I would suggest some changes for the first launch, right now it's composed of turns, I'd replace one of them for an s- hill, just to have a bit more variety. Lovely trains too!

Thank you dapalm! I forwarded your comment onto Coasterfan as I agree it might have been more fun to mix it up a bit however we came to the conclusion that we had already made a plan for the area that we were quite keen to stick to as it worked quite well so altering the layout would have set us back quite a bit, I appreciate the suggestion though!

What a great idea for a project. This will be fun to follow.

Thanks shyguy! hope you continue enjoying the updates :)

This is a great idea!
I'm quite excited to watch this and see how it shapes up. Looks like it'll be a great fit for the park!

Glad your enjoying Matt! I also think it would fit well too aha  :P

So another update for you guys. Please bare in mind the foliage is till WIP I'm not happy with some of the trees and need to model some better ones. The rest of the scenery/theming is also still WIP with lots of bits to be added including signage, branding among other things. Still its quite a big update so I hope you enjoy it!

We are trying to stick to Merlin parks to style of design and branding, this is something you can only really fully appreciate if you are a regular at these parks or have at least visited one I think, still I hope you all enjoyed the pictures I had to share and I'll have another update soon.  :)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 02:42 AM by Jake C »

Offline toofpikk

• I am this forums noob.
    • View Profile
looks really good! I could really picture this fitting in with the park now there's more flesh to it

Offline matt9537

• View Profile
This looks like a really fun ride! It looks a lot better with the scenery and foliage.
Planet Coaster Tutorials - If you're new to Planet Coaster or an experienced player you'll find something new you can learn! [Updated]

Offline Jake C

• View Profile
looks really good! I could really picture this fitting in with the park now there's more flesh to it

Thanks toofpikk!

This looks like a really fun ride! It looks a lot better with the scenery and foliage.

Thanks again Matt and I agree, foliage always makes a ride look better  :P

So this the final update before we will have a video to show everyone. the ride is now all finished up, these are just some shots coasterfan312 took to help show it off.

(click on any image to enlarge)

and the full album can be viewed here if you wish -

Thanks for having a look everyone! We should have the video ready for this Saturday.   :D

« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 05:35 PM by shyguy »

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
Those screenshots look awesome.

(It really bothers me when there is no spacing between screenshots, so I edited your post to add spaces. Doesn't that look much better? :P)

Offline matt9537

• View Profile
Those shots are incredible. Really realistic. I love the theme. It's quite subtle but very effective

Offline Jake C

• View Profile
Those screenshots look awesome.

(It really bothers me when there is no spacing between screenshots, so I edited your post to add spaces. Doesn't that look much better? :P)

Thanks shyguy! and your right ill make sure to leave spacing in future  :P

Those shots are incredible. Really realistic. I love the theme. It's quite subtle but very effective

Thanks again Matt for your kind comments  :)

Its video time! I hope you all enjoy it, it was super fun to make.

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile

Beautiful.  :up:

I haven't played NL2, (even though I love it) since December 2015, but this makes me want to dive right back in. The ride entrance really looks like a Merlin attraction. It almost feels like a junior Rita, which is something they'd probably do, as they like to have synergy among their parks. The only thing missing if you want to nail Merlin's theming style is adding shipping containers. They'll fit ANY theme apparently  ;)

Really fun ride.

Offline Eletigna

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
So realistic.

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
That landscaping! :o

And the coaster is pretty great too. ;)

Offline Ride_Op

• NL2 Developer
    • View Profile
    • NoLimits Official Site
And it just won our weekly Screen Shot Saturday Madness.  Facebook banner for the week awarded to Jake C and don't forget Coasterfan312.

-Ride_Op

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
Congrats to Jake C and Coasterfan312! It's much deserved.

Offline Coasterfan312

• Musician, gamer and theme park enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • YouTube - Coasterfan312
Just thought I'd stop by and thank everyone - we really appreciate it :)

Offline toofpikk

• I am this forums noob.
    • View Profile
Do the pirate coaster they're planning now  :mad:up: :mad:up:

Offline dapalm

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Really great work! Like other people said in other forums I find the second part of the layout a bit boring. Slighty faster transitions would help a lot. That said, I think if this was real it would feel a lot better than in a virtual ride. Other than that, it was awesome. Very realistic area, with lots of interaction between the coaster and the paths... I could see this being built in a Merlin park.

Offline Ride_Op

• NL2 Developer
    • View Profile
    • NoLimits Official Site
Also picked up 2nd place in this week's Roundup 163!

-Ride_Op

Offline RCT D!

• Creator of Grimestone Mine - The VAULT - Periculum
    • View Profile
    • RCT D! - YouTube Channel
The foliage work is breathtaking, it looks so realistic. The whole are is perfectly created, the buildings are high quality and the layout is great as well. Sadly little frame drops during the POV.