(RCT3) Disneyland Park at Disneyland Resort Dubai

• 414 replies

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
Re: (RCT3) Disneyland Park at Disneyland Resort Dubai
« Reply #390 on: May 20, 2019, 01:53 PM »
Yay, screenshots! Both, videos and screenshots have their pros and cons: Screenshots are better for studying detail and taking your time looking at stuff. Videos add the element of time and sound and moving through the park's environment.

I've wondered if it would be possible to make the floral Mickey (at the entrances of Disney parks) from scratch instead of using the pre-made cs. The scenery piece looks nice, and probably has fewer polys than a Mickey made of many individual flowers. But still, I wonder if it's possible? It would probably need to be bigger to achieve the details of the face. I'm not saying you should change what you have here, cody. Just wondering out loud.

Is that not-so-hidden Mickey in the path actually a thing at Disney World? It looks nice. It's probably not as obvious to spot when you're at peep's-eye level. ;)

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: May 20, 2019, 01:58 PM »
The hidden mickey in tomorrowland is not at WDW. It is my own twist on something that can be seen on the Peoplemover. As far as the floral, I wish it could be customized too. I would change it for the seasons and just add different colors. Overall, I do like videos for the time purposes and screenshots for detail like you said.

Offline Darknight

• Explore Our Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: May 20, 2019, 06:28 PM »
Nice update! Interesting decision to put Pandora in Adventureland, but I guess it makes sense because it is still a Magic Kingdom style park. Are you going to add some fountains in the hub like at Magic Kingdom in Disney World? I noticed some of the planters in the hub look like they could use something else inside them. On a side note, I really like the detail added at the entrance by including the bag check and metal detectors. It adds to the realism of the park and the RCT3 peeps should not be exempt from it!  :D

Offline disneyfanjmd

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: May 21, 2019, 08:53 PM »
It's so nice to see some screenshots again! I love the mickey and the gear.  It's making me think of interesting little designs I could incorporate into the paths of my park.

Offline ANDREWS LANE

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: May 23, 2019, 03:20 AM »
Dazzling Fantasyland up until this point, I'm anticipating some nearby shots of the territory. I think you have an extraordinary plan to stir up components of all the Fantasylands.

Offline cody

• View Profile
« Reply #395 on: May 23, 2019, 09:10 PM »
Nice update! Interesting decision to put Pandora in Adventureland, but I guess it makes sense because it is still a Magic Kingdom style park. Are you going to add some fountains in the hub like at Magic Kingdom in Disney World? I noticed some of the planters in the hub look like they could use something else inside them. On a side note, I really like the detail added at the entrance by including the bag check and metal detectors. It adds to the realism of the park and the RCT3 peeps should not be exempt from it!  :D
Pandora I feel is a great way to distinguish this "Magic Kingdom" park from the rest. If you look at Shanghai Disney they are putting in Zootopia with many rumors of more IP based areas. I like how some Disney parks are doing things in terms of transitions, so that is one of my goals is to put IP based areas in our familiar lands that would only make sense. As for the hub, I used to have topiaries back in the beginning stages, so they might make a comeback or I may even do something different. Security at the park is top notch and I figured it would help the "realism factor" to add the bag check and metal detectors. 

It's so nice to see some screenshots again! I love the mickey and the gear.  It's making me think of interesting little designs I could incorporate into the paths of my park.
It was definitely a new approach to paths. I like where the two designs are because the guests will see it from the Peoplemover. I tried it at Disney's Hollywood Studios, but I think Tomorrowland does it better.  ::) I believe one of my streams shows my process where I use curbs as guides to create the overall shape of the designs.

Dazzling Fantasyland up until this point, I'm anticipating some nearby shots of the territory. I think you have an extraordinary plan to stir up components of all the Fantasylands.
Fantasyland is definitely a little different here. My goal is to mix the different components that guests can find in each Fantasyland, while staying true to what Disney has done. I know a lot of my inspiration comes from the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World, which is the only Disney destinations I have been to. The rest is research and mixing "what if" ideas with actual concepts. Pooh's Hunny Hunt is a great example. The actual attraction is at Tokyo Disneyland and it is a trackless dark ride. In my park I made it an indoor spinning coaster because I have felt Fantasyland needs kind of an indoor coaster of its own to attract guests.

Thank you all for the comments. My goal is to get quite a bit done here soon. I have been watching all of these announcements and construction updates of the real world parks because some things are just incredible and can probably be made in RCT3.

Offline Fonki

• Fonki Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: May 29, 2019, 12:23 PM »
It has been i while since i pas by your park, looks very nice still, nice path work and that gear building looks cool :up:

Offline cody

• View Profile
On this day in 2017, Disneyland Park opened to the public. Over these last two years numerous changes have been made and this is only just the beginning. The RCT3 history book has many projects in its history, and I am happy to say that this one is no exception. Happy Anniversary to Disneyland Park and Disneyland Resort Dubai.

Offline hhnman234

• RCT3 Forever and Always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: July 01, 2019, 09:53 AM »
Woo! I can't wait to see more live streams!

Offline cody

• View Profile
(RCT3) Disneyland Park at Disneyland Resort Dubai: Halloween (8/21/19)
« Reply #399 on: August 21, 2019, 04:01 PM »
Happy Wednesday everyone! D23 is around the corner and Disneyland Resort Dubai is not gonna be absent from any sort of announcement! Disneyland Park has been seeing extensive refurbishments to improve the guest experience, some members can tell you that things are definitely different!

Because it is August, it is Halloween for some of the Disney parks (WDW). This year, Disneyland Resort Dubai is bringing Hallowishes to the skies at Mickey's Halloween Party. The Halloween parade that takes place is called Mickey's Not So Spooky Parade which is full of Disney characters dressed up ready to trick or treat with the guests. There are many more surprises in store at this event!

Offline cody

• View Profile
Happy Saturday everyone! I have been slammed with a lot of different things this summer, and with D23 expo happening I figured a return would be appropriate!

The main entrance enhancements are complete as of this week. The paths and landscaping saw some much needed improvements.

It is August, which means it is Halloween! Mickey's Halloween Party begins on August 30th and will run until October 31st. Details were posted a few days ago. Also there is the classic easter egg  :whistling:.

Something new is the stretching room portraits. These are similar to what Universal Studios does for Halloween Horror Nights banners, but better. The pumpkins were also added to help spread the spookiness of the season!

Another new addition is this small gift shop. SGW members will want to get their SGW merchandise from this location because the pricing is actually pretty fair at around $10 per t-shirt!

Mickey And The Magician is still a hit here in Dubai. I still recommend booking a fastpass for this experience. For Halloween, there are much more tricks than treats during this show so definitely check it out!

Main Street will see improvements after much of the holidays. The main focus has been on the main entrance to the park, but Fantasyland is the current land seeing refurbishments which will be seen in a moment.

Victoria's is very busy daily! If you must eat here, I recommend coming during non-peak hours (breakfast, lunch, dinner), but with the seasonal offerings it is a bit difficult even during non-peak hours.

December 2019 is the estimated date of completion for Adventureland and the Dubai version of Pandora: The World Avatar. This is due to ongoing changes to design standards among the park's contractors. This will also explain the delay at Disney's Hollywood Studios. Dubai is plotting some different things for the final portion of 2019 and the year 2020.

Speaking of Fantasyland, the refurbishments have resulted in quite a few changes to the lineup of experiences.

The goal of the new improvements is to not only get a large amount of guests exposed to more attractions (RCT3 is bad about that), but also open up the land to more stories. What is gone is the instant transition between Storybook Village into the Winnie The Pooh mini-land.

Pooh's Hunny Hunt is no more! Whether if this is temporary or not is still up in the air, but the transition is much more effective than the random barn.

In its place, Kanga's Kitchen finally saw the addition of a seating area in the Hundred Acre Wood. This was a welcome addition because Kanga's Kitchen is one of the most popular food service locations in the park.

I sent a photo from this angle to an executive (or two) and it was agreed that this mini-land is now a huge success based on the immersion factor. Sure, you can see Cinderella Castle, but this is a very photogenic angle!

Tigger's Bounce Party is now open to the public. This attraction was the result of a "tossup idea" for a Tigger based experience, and the idea was quickly green-lit. The direction of future mini-lands will revolve around the concept of unique experiences that can be developed from off-the-shelf flat rides and roller coasters that can contribute to storytelling. Tigger's Bounce Party is simple yet effective.

Lastly, I close with this shot that showcases some work being done. The facade for It's A Small World can be seen, the walkway that served no purpose is behind walls and almost non-existent. Future additions look to create transitions that not only immerse guests into different stories, but also add more attractions to the existing list.

I hope you all enjoyed this update, there is a lot of things to get done and I am glad to be "back" for the most part. This summer has been full of events I could not even begin to explain, I hope to be a bit more active in the coming weeks. See you all real soon because we are just getting started!  ::)

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: August 24, 2019, 01:33 AM »
Very nice update, cody. Using a 'hopper' for the Tigger ride is a natural because: "Their tops are made out of rubber. Their bottoms are made out of springs!" :D

Offline Darknight

• Explore Our Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: August 24, 2019, 09:53 AM »
Great update! Love the Halloween decorations added to the entrance and the new Tiger mini-land looks really nice. Keep up the good work!  :)

Offline cody

• View Profile
« Reply #403 on: August 25, 2019, 09:31 AM »
Very nice update, cody. Using a 'hopper' for the Tigger ride is a natural because: "Their tops are made out of rubber. Their bottoms are made out of springs!" :D
Exactly! I love how you picked out the quote too!  :P It is a fun CFR to put in different areas and it just seemed natural like you said.

Great update! Love the Halloween decorations added to the entrance and the new Tiger mini-land looks really nice. Keep up the good work!  :)
I am definitely liking the improvements to the Winnie The Pooh mini-land. I feel it turned out good and might see some more experiences added. The Halloween decorations are minimal due to ongoing construction, but I love the Haunted Mansion tombstones and their functionality.

Offline hhnman234

• View Profile
« Reply #405 on: August 25, 2019, 04:20 PM »

Offline planetthrilldude57

• Always on the move
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: August 25, 2019, 04:43 PM »
Nice update Cody! Looking forward to the mouse trick or treating!  :mouse:

Offline hhnman234

• View Profile
« Reply #407 on: October 01, 2019, 10:23 AM »
Awesome update! Always love the parks and their Halloween displays. Can't wait for more updates!

Offline cody

• View Profile
Happy Friday everyone! I hope everyone has been having a spooktacular time at Mickey's Halloween Party. I am happy to announce that due to the popularity of the Disneyland Resort Dubai, prices for tickets in all tiers have been decreased. For adults (10+) a day at our Disney Parks is $50, which is a huge deal considering the different things that are in the works.  :mouse:

As for special events, the ticket pricing will vary, but for Mickey's Halloween Party tickets for adults are $75, so definitely come to Disneyland Resort Dubai because we are able to accommodate everyone!

Offline Kwame

• Dutch creator
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: October 11, 2019, 04:40 PM »
Lookin' good!

Offline cody

• View Profile
(RCT3) Disneyland Park:Christmas is starting now! (11/10/19)
« Reply #410 on: November 10, 2019, 10:43 AM »
Happy Sunday! Today I took a quick trip to see the Christmas decorations at the main entrance because they were put up quickly to start the holiday season.

Our tree is decorated and adorned with presents.

This snowman oddly found snow here, must be Olaf's cousin.

The red and green banners help bring in some simple yet seasonal colors to the entrance.

The park itself is a kingdom of construction. Lots of projects going on, some under wraps!

Offline hhnman234

• View Profile
« Reply #411 on: November 10, 2019, 02:46 PM »
This is amazing! Loving the Christmas decorations! Can't wait for more updates on this park!

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: November 10, 2019, 04:44 PM »
Arg! Christmas decorations? I'm still eating Halloween candy. :P  Looks nice, cody.

Offline cody

• View Profile
« Reply #413 on: November 10, 2019, 08:43 PM »
This is amazing! Loving the Christmas decorations! Can't wait for more updates on this park!
Thank you and me too!  :D

Arg! Christmas decorations? I'm still eating Halloween candy. :P  Looks nice, cody.
No Halloween protests allowed  ::)

Offline Darknight

• Explore Our Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: November 11, 2019, 10:09 PM »
Love the holiday decorations so far! Would love to see some nighttime shots with the Christmas tree all lit up. The snowman is a great addition as well and adds some classic Christmas décor to the area.