(RCT3) Disneyland Park at Disneyland Resort Dubai

• 432 replies

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
Re: (RCT3) Disneyland Park at Disneyland Resort Dubai
« Reply #420 on: December 30, 2019, 09:18 PM »
Nice to see an update, cody. (Now I need to do the same.) Looking forward to seeing Tomorrowland up close and personal.
The inside of Tomorrowland is definitely taking inspiration to the layout of WDW, with of course minor changes. I have been working on most of my projects, but have been doing about a thousand things on the side as well.

Nice update! Excited to see how both Pandora and Tomorrowland turn out. Especially curious to see how you execute Pandora as it really has not been done in RCT3. I know you are not doing a recreation but I don't think anybody has really done anything with Pandora as far as a dedicated land.
Pandora is definitely a beast to be doing, I am taking a different approach from when I started the land. Flight Of Passage has seen some deconstruction after its second launch. In the second to last screenshot, hopefully you can make out one of the floating mountains. This is definitely an engineering marvel, and a RCT3 pain. Hiding beams is a bit hard in the game, but with just the right plants you can do it. The bottom of the rocks being used is not textured, so more rocks had to be used, and this was another challenge to get the colors to match up. The appearance of my Pandora is definitely different than that of the one at Disney's Animal Kingdom, but it is crazy enough to work.

As for Tomorrowland, the hard part is of course working with some limited scenery, but getting crafty is the main component that is making this version work. The colors I am actually really proud of, and I am in love with how the land is looking as a whole. I did not change any of the predetermined experiences at all, so that made it a bit easier to create the path of the peoplemover, all I needed was other buildings with one housing the station which will be denoted as the Tomorrowland Public Transport Co., since having a constantly moving attraction in RCT3 is nearly impossible with it functioning.

He's not alone.. :whistling:
I saw the preview and yours looks great, I did see one of our experiences made its way into your version. I love the lighting in yours and the landscaping is really incredible, glad I got a preview!

Since I did the update, I have gotten the buildings fully laid out. Now I am determining which experiences I want in this Tomorrowland. My old concepts called for Mission Space and Soarin' in Tomorrowland, but I am leaning towards something different. I am trying to keep Tomorrowland IP free, but some have been present in other Tomorrowlands for so long, they are practically tradition. The goal is to get this to be a Tomorrowland that is timeless and have a clean/modern(ish) look and feel to it.

As for Pandora, I am trying to get the floating mountains to have that look that is "just right," then I will plot the new layout for Flight Of Passage. I want Pandora to feel as natural as possible, and hide it from the kingdom that is outside. Pandora is one of those areas you have to really check your sightlines at various heights, especially for Flight Of Passage. That is why the trees are much taller, to hide Cinderella Castle and the rest of the park.  Once these tasks are done, then getting the lighting just right should not take too much time.

Offline hhnman234

• RCT3 Forever and Always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: January 02, 2020, 10:15 AM »
I love the idea of adding Mission Space and Soarin to Tomorrowland as this will be unique from your usual Disney Park Tomorrowland.

Offline Darknight

• Explore Our Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: January 02, 2020, 04:01 PM »
He's not alone.. :whistling:

Well that's exciting! I'm assuming in Discovery Kingdom? Looking forward to both Pandora lands!  :)

Offline cody

• View Profile
(RCT3) Disneyland Park at Disneyland Resort Dubai: Brief Update (1/10/20)
« Reply #423 on: January 10, 2020, 07:45 PM »
Happy Friday everyone! I wanted to share the recent news on this project because I am making big changes and tinkering around to make sure everything is just right!
  • The Tomorrowland Interplanetary Society (Mission: Space) was announced (Discord). Flights will start soon!
  • To fit Mission: Space, the Alice in Wonderland mini-land will be moved to a different location. The land where the future It's a Small World was going to be is now going to be utilized for Alice in Wonderland, as well as other IP's. It's a Small World will still find a home in Fantasyland at a later time.
  • Adventureland concepts are being planned, future updates may potentially include development of Adventureland and Pandora: The World of Avatar.

Overall, I have a lot of concepts being lined up for Disneyland Park. Tomorrowland is becoming a big focus on concept development and is somewhat leading into the developments of other areas/experiences. I hope to have a photo update soon!

Offline cody

• View Profile
(RCT3) Disneyland Park at Disneyland Resort Dubai: Fastpasses (1/25/20)
« Reply #424 on: January 25, 2020, 03:02 PM »
Fastpasses for March/early April have been unlocked for Flight of Passage. Previews are rumored to start next month!

Offline hhnman234

• View Profile
Re: (RCT3) Disneyland Park at Disneyland Resort Dubai: Fastpasses (1/25/20)
« Reply #425 on: January 25, 2020, 03:20 PM »
Fastpasses for March/early April have been unlocked for Flight of Passage. Previews are rumored to start next month!

Woohoo! :D

Offline cody

• View Profile
(RCT3) Disneyland Park at Disneyland Resort Dubai: Additions (2/23/20)
« Reply #426 on: February 23, 2020, 04:06 PM »
Happy Sunday everyone! I have been busy with so much, but this weekend I have taken the time to come back into RCT3 and get creative. I am still busy with my education, but I am trying to work everything out to where I have most weekends for leisure.

For nearly 3 years, this has been the entrance to Disneyland Park. Of course there have been numerous changes, but it still has its original charm.

The sign says welcome, but the magic has already started!

Another classic shot. The attraction posters are still one of the best parts of this entrance. There are some unique ones you will not see at a Magic Kingdom park (unless things happen).

As always, Mickey and the Magician is busy! I cannot think of a time when this does not have a huge mass of guests.

But, one of the few reasons I am here is one of the biggest in the park's history. For those who have been paying attention to news at the Magic Kingdom in Florida, we have our own bit of news.

Cinderella Castle has seen some love! The paint-job took numerous attempts at getting the colors just right and making sure it was not too drastic of a change, but I think the creative team nailed it!

The colors chosen were influenced by the news of the Cinderella Castle in Florida getting painted in preparation for the 50th. I think our colors are of course going to be a bit different, but I feel this could be a good representation of what is to come.

The next area I want to get into is Tomorrowland. The bad thing is that there are still in-game paths present in this area, but that is for guest flow. A trick is to use the in-game paths so you know where the guests will go instead of using an invisible path and having little to no idea.

The main takeaway from this photo is that the Mission Space or "Tomorrowland Interplanetary Society" is under construction. The attraction is expected to open soon (latest will be this summer).

See in-game paths! Tomorrowland is still under development, and should be completed later this year. This is dependent on the amount of creators block that occurs.

The last addition I want to talk about is a new experience in the Winnie the Pooh themed mini-land.

Rabbit's Garden Spin is a family friendly attraction that is really our version of the tea cups. This is also the start of a potential expansion. I know there are lots of stories I am interested in seeing in Fantasyland, so I am 90% sure an expansion is going to happen.

All in all, this project is only going to continue to grow and develop. Next week will make 3 years since I started this project. Sadly, the screenshots from back then are non-existent, except on my laptop. I am ready to keep working on this as soon as possible, and I hope you are all ready to see the new magic that is coming real soon! 

Offline hhnman234

• View Profile
« Reply #427 on: February 23, 2020, 05:48 PM »
I love the photo updates! I am excited for whats to come!

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: February 23, 2020, 09:15 PM »
Nice update, cody. :)  I like the green path in the Winnie the Pooh area. Along with the many trees, the rustic fence and flat ride, it definitely gives off a Hundred Acre Wood feel to the mini-land.

Offline Darknight

• Explore Our Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: February 24, 2020, 12:30 PM »
Great update as always! Love the addition of Rabbit's Garden Spin, it adds to the mini-land very nicely. Was hoping to see a peek at Pandora, but I am sure it will be worth the wait!  :)

Offline cody

• View Profile
« Reply #430 on: February 24, 2020, 05:10 PM »
I love the photo updates! I am excited for whats to come!
I am excited to create more developments!

Nice update, cody. :)  I like the green path in the Winnie the Pooh area. Along with the many trees, the rustic fence and flat ride, it definitely gives off a Hundred Acre Wood feel to the mini-land.
I agree with you! I have seen multiple videos of Tokyo Disneyland and how just simple path colors work with different areas. The goal of the Winnie the Pooh mini-land is to include different experiences that are also simple attractions that would be great for families.

Great update as always! Love the addition of Rabbit's Garden Spin, it adds to the mini-land very nicely. Was hoping to see a peek at Pandora, but I am sure it will be worth the wait!  :)
Rabbit's Garden Spin took me a little bit to figure out a theme for that particular flat ride. I then thought of Rabbit having different things around his garden and a few buckets are definitely needed to carry things in a garden, so why not.

As for Pandora, I am still hard at work with that area. The possibility of previews starting this week is likely. This will more than likely just include Songs of the Shaman. The goal is to be done with Pandora next month, but depending on various factors this could be pushed back to April or even May. Compared to a few months ago, Pandora has seen some progress, and I hope to get into it more and more.

Offline corkscrewloop

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: February 27, 2020, 01:02 PM »
This park build is so absolutely amazing! :o
I love every picture, the details are mindblowing. Congratulations on this amazing work! A lot of greets, Corkscrewloop :)
My Workshop: Steam Workshop

Offline cody

• View Profile
« Reply #432 on: February 27, 2020, 04:12 PM »
This park build is so absolutely amazing! :o
I love every picture, the details are mindblowing. Congratulations on this amazing work! A lot of greets, Corkscrewloop :)
Thank you! I want to do more details in the latest areas, so the work is getting slow. Hopefully this weekend I can get into the park more!