(RCT3) Disneyland Park at Disneyland Resort Dubai

• 453 replies

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
Re: (RCT3) Disneyland Park at Disneyland Resort Dubai
« Reply #450 on: July 12, 2020, 10:06 PM »
Nice to hear that you're restoring the old images. :)  I think the lighter blue spires on the castle look great.

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: July 13, 2020, 01:05 PM »
Nice to hear that you're restoring the old images. :)  I think the lighter blue spires on the castle look great.
Restoring the old images is easy when the captions are there. When there is not a caption, I try to match it to an order that makes sense. As for the lighter blue spires, I definitely agree!

Offline Darknight

• Explore Our Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: July 15, 2020, 11:11 AM »

I have been keeping close watch on the real world Disney parks reopening. I am overjoyed to see Disney pictures filling my social media and have paid close attention to what has changed. Some changes I feel would be great permanently such as the monorail barriers and cavalcades.

As for my RCT3 Disneyland, a lot of thought is being put into this project. I want to mix different experiences with what I know. The backstage with Mickey banners really contributed to the addition of Mickey And The Magician because it can be used as part of the story very easily. The facade is inspired by the Town Square Theater in the Magic Kingdom, just a little different. The facade looked great by itself, but I wanted to see if I could extend it to potentially hide Disney's Storybook Resort a little bit more, and you saw the results it turned out great!

The castle makeover has been a process of trial and error (not so much error). I wanted to bring a makeover to my park because it just turned 3. The original castle was the Disneyland Paris version of Sleeping Beauty Castle. The old screenshots have since been blocked with Tinypic disappearing, but I still have all screenshots just incase I get ambitious. Cinderella Castle already looked great, then the first version of the makeover looked pretty modest and pretty unnoticeable unless looking at it from different angles. The second version is a lot more vibrant and the spires I actually used to use the lighter blue on them, so I knew it would work but did not picture it working this well.

I know this is a long reply, but these are some of my thoughts and the origins of some of my recent decisions. I am glad to still be working on this massive project it definitely has been a fun one!

UPDATE: I have begun fixing the screenshots for this project. My goal is to get through a few pages per week, this will depend on a few different factors. Once all screenshots are fixed, I will move on to my other major projects.

Glad to hear you are actively working on this park and it seems like you have a great vision for it going forward! Also nice to see you are restoring those old screenshots, I know it can be a little tedious but it will be worth it in the end. :)

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: July 16, 2020, 10:57 AM »
Glad to hear you are actively working on this park and it seems like you have a great vision for it going forward! Also nice to see you are restoring those old screenshots, I know it can be a little tedious but it will be worth it in the end. :)
Thank you so much! I am working on all projects during the freetime I get between my two classes....I hate them both. I will more than likely be doing a lot more work on my RCT3 projects and fixing the screenshots starting the first week of August, if not sooner. I just have to not procrastinate....  ::)

UPDATE: I made it to page 5 of fixing the screenshots. Luckily the screenshots were showing about page 12, so I am not too far away. Any quotes that had images I am fixing as well, but things are getting caught up quickly.  :D