(RCT3) Disneyland Park at Disneyland Resort Dubai

• 470 replies

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
Re: (RCT3) Disneyland Park at Disneyland Resort Dubai
« Reply #450 on: July 12, 2020, 10:06 PM »
Nice to hear that you're restoring the old images. :)  I think the lighter blue spires on the castle look great.

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: July 13, 2020, 01:05 PM »
Nice to hear that you're restoring the old images. :)  I think the lighter blue spires on the castle look great.
Restoring the old images is easy when the captions are there. When there is not a caption, I try to match it to an order that makes sense. As for the lighter blue spires, I definitely agree!

Offline Darknight

• Explore Our Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: July 15, 2020, 11:11 AM »

I have been keeping close watch on the real world Disney parks reopening. I am overjoyed to see Disney pictures filling my social media and have paid close attention to what has changed. Some changes I feel would be great permanently such as the monorail barriers and cavalcades.

As for my RCT3 Disneyland, a lot of thought is being put into this project. I want to mix different experiences with what I know. The backstage with Mickey banners really contributed to the addition of Mickey And The Magician because it can be used as part of the story very easily. The facade is inspired by the Town Square Theater in the Magic Kingdom, just a little different. The facade looked great by itself, but I wanted to see if I could extend it to potentially hide Disney's Storybook Resort a little bit more, and you saw the results it turned out great!

The castle makeover has been a process of trial and error (not so much error). I wanted to bring a makeover to my park because it just turned 3. The original castle was the Disneyland Paris version of Sleeping Beauty Castle. The old screenshots have since been blocked with Tinypic disappearing, but I still have all screenshots just incase I get ambitious. Cinderella Castle already looked great, then the first version of the makeover looked pretty modest and pretty unnoticeable unless looking at it from different angles. The second version is a lot more vibrant and the spires I actually used to use the lighter blue on them, so I knew it would work but did not picture it working this well.

I know this is a long reply, but these are some of my thoughts and the origins of some of my recent decisions. I am glad to still be working on this massive project it definitely has been a fun one!

UPDATE: I have begun fixing the screenshots for this project. My goal is to get through a few pages per week, this will depend on a few different factors. Once all screenshots are fixed, I will move on to my other major projects.

Glad to hear you are actively working on this park and it seems like you have a great vision for it going forward! Also nice to see you are restoring those old screenshots, I know it can be a little tedious but it will be worth it in the end. :)

Offline cody

• View Profile
« Reply #453 on: July 16, 2020, 10:57 AM »
Glad to hear you are actively working on this park and it seems like you have a great vision for it going forward! Also nice to see you are restoring those old screenshots, I know it can be a little tedious but it will be worth it in the end. :)
Thank you so much! I am working on all projects during the freetime I get between my two classes....I hate them both. I will more than likely be doing a lot more work on my RCT3 projects and fixing the screenshots starting the first week of August, if not sooner. I just have to not procrastinate....  ::)

UPDATE: I made it to page 5 of fixing the screenshots. Luckily the screenshots were showing about page 12, so I am not too far away. Any quotes that had images I am fixing as well, but things are getting caught up quickly.  :D

Offline cody

• View Profile
« Reply #454 on: August 08, 2020, 11:26 AM »
 I am continuing fixing the blank/error screenshots. I reached the point where I swapped castles. I think a few captions are a bit off on the pictures, but my goal is to fix all of them for this project this month.  :D

Offline cody

• View Profile
Happy Friday everyone! As noted in the title of this post something finally happened after a super long time of proposals and idea development. It will be revealed towards the end of this post. Some angles do feature empty areas where path covers will be as well as in-game paths for referencing. Hopefully it shows off how I do things. In-game paths definitely help me figure out where the guests will be and where to place curbs/railings.

The park has seen some light crowds. Summer Nightastic is over, it was not much this year due to the global circumstances. Halloween decorations should appear soon, the resort is opting to decorate in September as opposed to last week or this week.

All shows/theaters have been temporarily closed to better improve the physical distancing. One might be closed for an extended period for a refurbishment should plans remain.

I am first going to go into Tomorrowland because the connection to Fantasyland is now complete and themed! Both lands actually have music loops, and it is amazing!

The look is inspired by the old WDW Tomorrowland entrance, or the current TDL Tomorrowland entrance. I used to use monoliths as entryways in old versions because they are nice and clean structures.

The connection lets guests enter the Winnie the Pooh mini-land, which is also a win!

Another classic shot before we get closer to the area that is seeing a huge refurbishment.

The Fantasyland castle walls have also been painted to match the castle colors. I am happy to announce that Agrabah is seeing one of the largest refurbishments in the park's history. This land is taking a completely different approach and features an amazing music loop!

Gone is the old entrance to the land. The new entrance is inspired by the one at TDS Arabian Coast. Much of the structures for this new area are structures that I remade using images as references. Thanks to Google images in searching "Arabian RCT3."

The second entrance to the land is behind construction walls. There are two new food stands, one serving drinks, while the other serves sandwiches.

The Magic Carpets of Aladdin saw a complete makeover, with the entrance shifting to improve guest flow through the land. The platform was raised to improve the quality and the queue was modified so that there is more space.

Future improvements are being planned. A reworked theater is in the plans. The goal is more details and more of a skyline within this mini-land. If you watch the Aladdin movies, there is a lot of energy within Agrabah and a lot of towers and spires. One goal is to include a small market, which might be possible near the Magic Carpets of Aladdin. I have other concepts in the works, I just need to think of exactly how to execute them.

As noted in previous posts, I have begun fixing the screenshots from old posts. Luckily I am close to the halfway point. There are a lot of screenshots, and this process includes making sure the captions match up or else it is just a bad scenario. I have been actively working on projects, and it has been a lot of developing new areas that I am excited to share.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: August 14, 2020, 10:33 PM »
I like how you're incorporating lots of trees/foliage in the park. Among other things, it gives the park a real 'Disney' feel. That's a nice Arabian skyline in the "second entrance" image. I've always liked the look of that flying carpets ride; very colorful. Unfortunately, it causes my game to crash. I suspect one has to turn Shadows off to use it without crashing. Or maybe I wasn't using Large Address Aware at the time. Hmm, maybe I should give it another try. Nice update, cody. :)

« Reply #457 on: August 15, 2020, 07:17 PM »
Nice work Cody. The Arabian area looks really neat!

Offline Darknight

• Explore Our Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: August 15, 2020, 08:47 PM »
You tease Cody! I thought we were getting a completed look at Pandora. ;D In all seriousness the Agrabah area looks great and adding a market area would really add to the immersion factor of the land. Keep up the great work!

Offline cody

• View Profile
« Reply #459 on: August 16, 2020, 12:58 PM »
Nice work Cody. The Arabian area looks really neat!
Thank you doctorcoaster! It is definitely an improvement for sure!
You tease Cody! I thought we were getting a completed look at Pandora. ;D In all seriousness the Agrabah area looks great and adding a market area would really add to the immersion factor of the land. Keep up the great work!
Interestingly enough, I had my settings out of wack so when I scrolled to Pandora the game would crash. The issue is fixed now, and work on that area can resume. Agrabah is a beast to work with in terms of detail, a market area would be the icing on the cake for that area. I like being in different worlds and not just a Disney park. Pandora is going to be an immersive area because you will be unable to see the park from outside that area, even on Flight Of Passage. Thank you for your support Darknight, and keep up the awesome work on your Universal Studios recreation!
I like how you're incorporating lots of trees/foliage in the park. Among other things, it gives the park a real 'Disney' feel. That's a nice Arabian skyline in the "second entrance" image. I've always liked the look of that flying carpets ride; very colorful. Unfortunately, it causes my game to crash. I suspect one has to turn Shadows off to use it without crashing. Or maybe I wasn't using Large Address Aware at the time. Hmm, maybe I should give it another try. Nice update, cody. :)
I definitely agree, the use of trees is an easy way to hide areas. I just have to get crafty with the types of trees so that it plays with the land. As for the second entrance, it is literally a copy of an image I saw while looking for "Arabian RCT3," but different color scheme. The drink stand is the only structure from my searches that I did a carbon copy even with the colors. For the CFR, you will need shadows off for it to operate (probably for a lot of other items as well). With LAA, I would check to see if both statements are "true," this tends to change sometimes so make it a habit of checking LAA before opening RCT3. Also a problem I have came across is the game settings going back to default, it happened once or twice, but it is an easy fix. Some settings need to be on and others off (detailed level blend is one that I have had to experiment with), but it is nothing fatal.

Thank you all for the continued love for this project. Agrabah started its refurbishment a few days ago when I wanted to experiment with mixing sets and getting super detailed. It has turned into a larger refurbishment than I have thought, with more ideas coming into play.

Offline cody

• View Profile
« Reply #460 on: August 29, 2020, 12:16 PM »
Something "snake-like" has appeared at Disneyland Park....  ::)

Offline hhnman234

• RCT3 Forever and Always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: August 30, 2020, 12:02 PM »
Something "snake-like" has appeared at Disneyland Park....  ::)

hmmmmm

Offline cody

• View Profile
(RCT3) Disneyland Park at Disneyland Resort Dubai: Spooky! (9/26/20)
« Reply #462 on: September 26, 2020, 07:37 PM »
Hey everyone! I transferred everything to the complete edition. It took a bit of tinkering with the game settings, but I figured this would be my first screenshot from that version of RCT3. Time to get spooky!

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: September 26, 2020, 07:53 PM »
Let us know if you notice any improvements (or degradations) while using the new version, cody. I'd be curious to know. :)

Offline Darknight

• Explore Our Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: September 26, 2020, 09:23 PM »
Looking good! Like JB said, let us know about the new version because I may consider buying it as well if there are some noticeable improvements in anything.  :)

Offline cody

• View Profile
« Reply #465 on: September 26, 2020, 10:28 PM »
Let us know if you notice any improvements (or degradations) while using the new version, cody. I'd be curious to know. :)

Looking good! Like JB said, let us know about the new version because I may consider buying it as well if there are some noticeable improvements in anything.  :)

So, I debated on getting the "new" version or not. The main benefit is it gets rid of the black bars on the sides of your screen, as well as some of the good resolutions for modern systems. The bad part I have been seeing myself, especially with this project is that I have had to mess with the settings over and over. I still use park cleanup, LAA, and the weird magnifier trick.

I still have Platinum on this laptop along with the Complete Edition just to make sure things are matching up should one fail or I lose the disc to Platinum. Get it for free on Epic Games while it is still free, I would probably go against paying for it, but I would have eventually gotten the upgrade either way. The best part is you can transfer all custom files easily. I copied and pasted every folder where you do the custom stuff, and it took maybe one or two hours. The save files (parks, buildings, etc) were already there and did not have to be moved at all. It was a pretty easy process, I was fearing the worst.

As far as improvements, the quality is a bit better, with all the extra tricks I have it works pretty well. Load time is pretty decent. For downgrades, I will say pay attention to your settings. I was working most of the day on getting Disneyland Park to work. So I am more than likely not going to touch settings at all because it operates. Big files always struggle, I know when I swap to nighttime it is not good. If I mastered the settings, I would have done a small tutorial video on how I have my set up, just incase some things get confusing. I am happy that this is somewhat upgraded to meet the newer systems, 16 years for a game is pretty amazing!

« Reply #466 on: October 06, 2020, 12:18 PM »
16 years for a game is pretty amazing!

It really is. I mean, a lot of games have cult followings, but there's MILLIONS of games that just go nowhere or die within a year, and even less that see an updated version come back to market.

RCT3 really is an impressive game.

Great work on your park btw. I've been lurking on it for a while. Just fantastic stuff.

Offline cody

• View Profile
(RCT3) Disneyland Park at Disneyland Resort Dubai: Night Stroll (10/8/20)
« Reply #467 on: October 08, 2020, 08:51 PM »
Hey everyone! Here is a small stroll through an empty Disneyland Park.

One of the classic shots. The decorations will be changed seasonally, once November hits, the holidays will be in high gear.

Main Street empty is a whole different feeling. In real life, it is perfect to hear the music and see the sights.

Tomorrowland looks colorful, yet a bit futuristic with the lighting choices.

Adventureland is a jungle, but is a tropical oasis at night. One area that has not been teased at night however is Pandora.

Yes, we have the "bioluminescence" of RCT3. Flight Of Passage will be an experience to encounter during daytime and nighttime.

I know this is a short and choppy walkthrough, but it is a great way to test out the quality of the complete edition. I will more than likely have a few more screenshots as "tests" in the near future so be on the lookout!

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: October 08, 2020, 09:27 PM »
These are nice nighttime shots, cody. They really do have that Disney park after hours look; when no one is around.

Offline Darknight

• Explore Our Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: October 09, 2020, 12:39 PM »
Nice little update Cody! Loving the nighttime shots and excited to see more of Pandora at night as well!  :)

Offline cody

• View Profile
« Reply #470 on: October 16, 2020, 02:16 PM »
These are nice nighttime shots, cody. They really do have that Disney park after hours look; when no one is around.
The after hours look is probably one of my favorite looks in both real world and RCT3.

Nice little update Cody! Loving the nighttime shots and excited to see more of Pandora at night as well!  :)
Pandora is a tricky area in RCT3. For lighting we are going to pretend it is nature with what we got.  ;)