Quinn's Unfinished Projects - Sydney Disneyland

• 9 replies

Offline Quinn

• Whahaha... No.
    • View Profile
Quinn's Unfinished Projects - Sydney Disneyland
« on: March 10, 2017, 08:23 AM »
Hey everyone!  :)

Since Planet Coaster has released, I slowed down my work in RCT3. Right now, I just want to share what I had created in RCT3. Who knows, maybe someday I want a blast from the past and I decide to work on these projects again. I have to be honest and tell you that I felt a bit sad while taking screenshots of my old projects in RCT3. I worked so damn hard to make these things, and I am still very proud of them.

Anyway. I'm going to share some projects in this topic, that way it feels like all of my work wasn't for nothing  :P

My first project will be one of the best I have ever created, even though it's far from done. It's a Disney park located in Sydney. Why Sydney? because if you switch the -d and the -s you get Dysney, which looks a lot like Disney, lol.

There was a big promenade that lead people into the entrance area. It came from the imaginary parking lot.

As you can see, the promenade is right next to the grand Disneyland Hotel. At the end of the promenade there's a little bridge over the highway that cuts right through the space in between the Disneyland hotel and the monorail station. It's a sunken highway. Most people won't even notice the bridge, since the path looks exactly the same all the way through.

Coming from the promenade, and entering the entrance area. You will see a big building. This is the World of Disney shop. They have all sorts of souvenirs here, from Mickey's ear hats to a diamond necklace... You name it.

Next to the World of Disney store is the entrance to the Disneyland Park. The familiar trains station with a Mickey Mouse flower bed. Just with a little switch this time.

Now, with this being a Disney park there must be some sort of elegant symmetrical layout. And surprisingly, there is  :).

Which brings us to the Monorail station. I really like this building, even though it's quite simple.

Right behind the monorail station is the biggest building of them all, the Grand Disneyland Hotel.

It's very big, open area with more than enough room for huge crowds.

Click the banner to visit my thread!

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
Re: Quinn's Unfinished Projects - Sydney Disneyland
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2017, 08:27 AM »
Another Disney park! Welcome back! I love your entrance plaza and the hotel is just spectacular! Cannot wait to see more.  :D

Offline TMH

• Never look back darling, it distracts from the now
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2017, 08:49 AM »
That's very pretty. It was a great start, the hotel is certainly beautiful and well thought out. Best impression of the TDL hotel I've seen.

Offline Elizabeth

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2017, 09:46 AM »
Just, wow. :love: Without a doubt one of the most breathtakingly beautiful entrance areas and hotels I've ever seen in the game!  I hope you'll be posting more of your awesome RCT3 work.  :up: :) :up:

Offline Future Imagineer

• Disneyologist
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2017, 09:59 AM »
That's fantastic. The execution of the hotel is pretty flawless.
"And here's the tower for originally the PeopleMover, and then the Rocket Jets, and now just a pretty thing to look at. It's not what I really think!" - Tony Baxter

Offline RCT D!

• San Lacrona Beach Resort
    • View Profile
    • Rollercoaster Tycoon D! - YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2017, 05:09 PM »
That hotel is totally awesome, I love that structure, great work and I hope you´ll find some time to work on RCT projects again.

FlightToAtlantis

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2017, 01:05 AM »
A truly magnificent park represented well by dramatically effective screenshots.  One can plainly see the time and effort you've put into getting the park together and I can understand why your revisiting this park would make you feel sad.  I shall be downloading these screenshots and putting them aside for future inspiration.

Offline disneyfanjmd

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2017, 07:56 PM »
Incredible!  That hotel is stunning, and I love the monorail station as well.  Both have a classic Victorian vibe that I find breathtakingly beautiful.

Offline Remnantboy

• i am awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2017, 01:33 PM »
Quinn!  I've been waiting for you to post a thread about this!  Been watching your youtube vids for a while now :)  Awesome job!  Love how realistic and elegant everything is! 

Offline matt9537

• View Profile
    • Subscribe to BackwardsProductions
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2017, 03:38 AM »
gorgeous! Such beautiful buildings. So much detail
Planet Coaster Tutorials - If you're new to Planet Coaster or an experienced player you'll find something new you can learn! [Updated]
Planet Coaster Blueprint Essentials - Don't start a new project without these!