Todd's Dairy Farm - Indian Summer (1956)

• 86 replies
Re: Todd's Dairy Farm - Dan's Tractor Folly (1951)
« Reply #60 on: March 14, 2017, 01:27 PM »
Congrats on your win, I had to come see what I've been missing.  My favorite kind of park, but the storytelling here is the real winner.  I have big hopes for the quadruplets when they become old enough to have some creative input  ;)

Offline TMH

• Never look back darling, it distracts from the now
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 14, 2017, 03:51 PM »
Congratulations to TMH for winning the first SGW Rewards Challenge: Best Park Presentation

A list of all members who have won tokens can be seen in the SGW Reward Tokens Scoreboard http://www.shyguysworld.com/index.php/topic,19417.0.html.

Ahh thank you!  :balloon:

Congrats on your win, I had to come see what I've been missing.  My favorite kind of park, but the storytelling here is the real winner.  I have big hopes for the quadruplets when they become old enough to have some creative input  ;)

You're so kind. Glad the storyline is engaging.

Offline TMH

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 14, 2017, 05:12 PM »
Dan's Tractor Folly continued

And now, let's ride!

Leaving the station. Fun Fact! The ride vehicles are supposed to be DasMatz's tractor CTR. Unfortunately, this set wasn't downloaded on my PC which I take pictures on. Use your imagination to create a better ride vehicle.

The ride starts by taking you through an apple orchard.

Dave was able to get a few animatronic farm animals to work. Very impressive!

The ride then heads into the most elaborate show scene, which takes place in a new barn we constructed.

The mechanical horses Dave designed have been working more fluidly than his Cuckoo Clock.

Exiting the barn...

...and through a chicken farm. We've already had 8 guests lay an egg out of their excitement for this ride! I jest. Unfortunately, it has not seen the success we dreamed of.

Coming back into the station. What a thrill!

A semi overview of our first tracked ride. Hopefully more to come. If only guests were more enthusiastic about it as they are about slides and spinning rides!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 05:16 PM by TMH »

Offline blk_mamba

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
    • Join the Fun! Kirkmen Island
Re: Todd's Dairy Farm - Dan's Tractor Folly Ride Thru (1951)
« Reply #63 on: March 14, 2017, 05:17 PM »
Dan's Tractor Folly Ride is so cute and timeless. This is another ride that I could see lasting in the park for decades to come!

« Reply #64 on: March 14, 2017, 07:41 PM »
do you know there is a custom tractor track ride out there? That would fit perfectly in this ride place?

Offline Future Imagineer

• Disneyologist
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #66 on: March 15, 2017, 06:46 PM »
Love the barn scene. And the landscaping is great as usual. Too bad the guests don't like it. Shame on them. :mad:up:
"And here's the tower for originally the PeopleMover, and then the Rocket Jets, and now just a pretty thing to look at. It's not what I really think!" - Tony Baxter

Offline Guy_With_A_Stick

• Come for the creds, stay for the Taco Bell
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 15, 2017, 08:22 PM »
Ooh! I like it! That barn scene is definitely a very nice and cute. I want to say that it'd be at the focus of future Public Outcry when the park tries closing it for expansion, but based off of how the ride was perceived, I doubt that'll be the case.  :(
Top 10: Voyage | Goliath(SFGAm) | Skyrush | Maverick | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | Viper(SFGAm) | Superman: Ride of Steel | Top Thrill Dragster | Lightning Run

I'm the guy who is supposed to be smart, but has less work ethic than a senior after getting accepted to a college.

Offline TMH

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 15, 2017, 10:29 PM »
Dan's Tractor Folly Ride is so cute and timeless. This is another ride that I could see lasting in the park for decades to come!

You're very kind. We do try to build our rides to last.

do you know there is a custom tractor track ride out there? That would fit perfectly in this ride place?

Yes I did!

Leaving the station. Fun Fact! The ride vehicles are supposed to be DasMatz's tractor CTR. Unfortunately, this set wasn't downloaded on my PC which I take pictures on. Use your imagination to create a better ride vehicle.

Love the barn scene. And the landscaping is great as usual. Too bad the guests don't like it. Shame on them. :mad:up:

The customer is NOT always right!

Ooh! I like it! That barn scene is definitely a very nice and cute. I want to say that it'd be at the focus of future Public Outcry when the park tries closing it for expansion, but based off of how the ride was perceived, I doubt that'll be the case.  :(

Well, I, the owner, and my family love it, and that is all that matters.  :D

Offline TMH

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 15, 2017, 10:37 PM »

Dan's Downfall

After a slow season without an addition, we decided to purchase a new ride with trepidation.

Dan traveled abroad to Europe to learn new skills regarding the cheese crafting process. At Oktoberfest, he talked up one of the fairground carnies and was able to purchase a traveling super slide model. He was pretty proud of the deal he was able to strike, but he forgot to consider the costs of shipping it to the states. Unfortunately, the slide was in terrible quality when it arrived due to poor shipping practices, and we had to spend three times the purchased price to get it up and running safely.

It was Dave's surprisingly insightful thinking that informed us to build the slide in this location. We wanted something to draw guests toward Dan's Tractor Folly since it still isn't seeing the crowds we had hoped for.

It worked moderately well to draw guests to this section of our small park. In the future, I will have to reconsider who I put in charge of expansion development!

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
Re: Todd's Dairy Farm - Dan's Downfall (1953)
« Reply #70 on: March 15, 2017, 11:24 PM »
Is it my imagination, or did those train engine "tractors" turn into, er...tractors? ;)

Offline Guy_With_A_Stick

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 16, 2017, 12:57 AM »
Well, that's what you get when you try to get an Engineer to learn about making cheese. ;)
Top 10: Voyage | Goliath(SFGAm) | Skyrush | Maverick | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | Viper(SFGAm) | Superman: Ride of Steel | Top Thrill Dragster | Lightning Run

I'm the guy who is supposed to be smart, but has less work ethic than a senior after getting accepted to a college.

Offline RTRC

• Even rocks can break bones
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 16, 2017, 08:17 AM »
It's an oddly specific thing to mention, but I love the pathwork in your park. There's certainly a skill to it, and your park shows the reward when it's done right. Love the tractor ride too. I love following parks like this when it starts off on a small scale. :up:

Offline Future Imagineer

• Disneyologist
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #73 on: March 16, 2017, 10:20 AM »
I'm disappointed Dan didn't bring back something cheesier.
"And here's the tower for originally the PeopleMover, and then the Rocket Jets, and now just a pretty thing to look at. It's not what I really think!" - Tony Baxter

Offline TMH

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 16, 2017, 10:47 AM »
Is it my imagination, or did those train engine "tractors" turn into, er...tractors? ;)

Oh the joys of bouncing between two separate machines, each with different sets installed.  :sorcerer:

Sometimes you end up with spooky results, like this:

No wonder guests are so apprehensive about this ride! It was built on an ancient burial ground.

Well, that's what you get when you try to get an Engineer to learn about making cheese. ;)

Yes, in hindsight, we should have sent Joe the Plumber.

It's an oddly specific thing to mention, but I love the pathwork in your park. There's certainly a skill to it, and your park shows the reward when it's done right. Love the tractor ride too. I love following parks like this when it starts off on a small scale. :up:

Thanks! The current path layout is definitely the result of a lot of reworking.

I'm disappointed Dan didn't bring back something cheesier.

I mean, the slide does look like a slice of cheddar cheese.

Speaking of which, we had a TON of blue paint leftover from Dave's park additions (more on that later... also, why can't my children be better about spending money? This isn't cheap!!)

Also, here's an overview of the Indian Burial Ground... errr... I mean latest additions to the park. Just because no one has noticed how the Cosmic Cow building has the words "Cow" and "Moo" written on the roof.

So remember that lovely plot of land where our lovely home used to be? After Dan's Folly, we decided to allow Dave to redevelop the entrance of the park with his artistic flare. The park borders won't expand much, but the former site of our home will be used to allow for expanded parking. This addition should be ready in a few months. All we're waiting for is our Liquor License to be approved by the city. More on that soon.

Offline TMH

• View Profile
Re: Todd's Dairy Farm - 1954
« Reply #75 on: March 16, 2017, 03:59 PM »

Dave's Gambit

It's June of 1955, and our park feels brand new, thanks to the new additions I allowed my lesser son, Dave, to take the helm on.

The entrance has been moved and rotated 90-degrees, and the gate has received an upgrade.

The Russian inspired tower of The White Russian, a bar that specializes in the eponymous milk based beverage, stands tall over the new entrance.

A fountain was a key part of Dave's extensive place-making. These things don't pay off directly, but he convinced us that a welcoming atmosphere improves the guest experience in an unquantifiable way. The lamps are a little gaudy for my taste, but that's Dave for you.

He also demanded we tweak the color scheme of the flower mart.

Good thing the city approved the Liquor License we were banking on.

The outdoor seating area was meticulously designed to be as inviting as possible.

We adjusted the queuing area for the carousel to open up the plaza. More on the building in the lower left hand corner later. It won't be ready for guests until later this season.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 04:43 PM by TMH »

Offline CoastersPaul

• Parkitect Hipster
    • View Profile
Re: Todd's Dairy Farm - Dave's Gambit (1955)
« Reply #76 on: March 16, 2017, 05:27 PM »
I'd say that renovation was worth it.  :up:

Offline Guy_With_A_Stick

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 16, 2017, 05:33 PM »
Ooh, I love the new entrance! I don't think that the lamps are too 'gaudy', but rather a bit obstructive of the fountain. Still really nice, though!

I'm not sure on the Commie Diner though. At least it serves alcohol. I wouldn't expect the guests to be too thrilled to see a giant Commie tower in the park.

Offline matt9537

• View Profile
    • Subscribe to BackwardsProductions
« Reply #78 on: March 17, 2017, 05:01 AM »
I love the new attractions everything that has been built feels so natural and realistic it makes the park growth that much more exciting! The parks growth pace is spot on.

Also, the frequency of these updates are amazing. I post a comment, come back the next day and find I've missed 4/5 updates! Do not know how you do it  ;)
Planet Coaster Tutorials - If you're new to Planet Coaster or an experienced player you'll find something new you can learn! [Updated]
Planet Coaster Blueprint Essentials - Don't start a new project without these!

Offline Future Imagineer

• Disneyologist
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #79 on: March 17, 2017, 10:33 AM »
Yes, yes, I like it. The colors are great as always, and I love that lost picture. It shows just how much the Dairy Farm has grown from it's humble beginning as a simple farm stand.

Offline TMH

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 17, 2017, 03:28 PM »
I'd say that renovation was worth it.  :up:

Thanks, always nice to see improvements.

Ooh, I love the new entrance! I don't think that the lamps are too 'gaudy', but rather a bit obstructive of the fountain. Still really nice, though!

I'm not sure on the Commie Diner though. At least it serves alcohol. I wouldn't expect the guests to be too thrilled to see a giant Commie tower in the park.

Hahahaha that's a great point. I also just realized the White Russian wasn't even introduced until the 80's, but it's one of the the only milk based alcoholic drinks I can think of.

I love the new attractions everything that has been built feels so natural and realistic it makes the park growth that much more exciting! The parks growth pace is spot on.

Also, the frequency of these updates are amazing. I post a comment, come back the next day and find I've missed 4/5 updates! Do not know how you do it  ;)

I have my reasons to rush... Thanks for the kind words.

Yes, yes, I like it. The colors are great as always, and I love that lost picture. It shows just how much the Dairy Farm has grown from it's humble beginning as a simple farm stand.

Thanks FI. Overviews are always fun.

Offline TMH

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 17, 2017, 03:36 PM »

Indian Summer

It's incredible what an integral part of my life this roadside attraction turned amusement park has become. Every morning, I rise before sunrise and stroll through my park.

Mornings are my favorite time of the day. Before the emotional frenzy of guests arrive, I am able to experience the grounds for what they are.

We don't forget our history here. We just built a brand new stone House of Cheese at the front of the park. Guests come here for our dairy first and foremost, that has not changed.

Did you know this carousel was a childhood favorite of mine from the turn of the century that I saved from a doomed fate? I am so grateful to Dan for restoring this masterpiece. It means so much to me.

Crowds are not what they used to be. Guests expect something akin to Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom when they visit amusement parks these days.

Our history has earned us a cult like local following, however. We are lucky for that. There is the windmill that really changed the direction of this special place.

And finally, something new we have begun. We now hand out free park maps at the newly established park entrance.

Offline Future Imagineer

• Disneyologist
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Todd's Dairy Farm - Indian Summer (1956)
« Reply #82 on: March 17, 2017, 04:31 PM »
Haha, when I first glanced at the picture of the House of Cheese I thought you were following in Knotts' footsteps by building a church in your park. ;D

Offline TMH

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 18, 2017, 01:08 PM »
Haha, when I first glanced at the picture of the House of Cheese I thought you were following in Knotts' footsteps by building a church in your park. ;D

It's a church to the Muenster Deity.  :D

....Forgot to include this unlabeled overview...

FlightToAtlantis

« Reply #84 on: March 19, 2017, 12:16 AM »
I like the new updates.

..... I don't think that the lamps are too 'gaudy', but rather a bit obstructive of the fountain. .....

Add several more metres of post and they'll be just right.  Like Guy_With_A_Stick says they're a bit obstructive but that would be minimized by placing them on taller posts.

Offline matt9537

• View Profile
    • Subscribe to BackwardsProductions
« Reply #85 on: March 20, 2017, 09:34 AM »
I like the overviews. It really shows how compact the park is and how much there is in such a short space. I am really excited to see what comes next. Everything that has been built so far has been so tastfully done!
Planet Coaster Tutorials - If you're new to Planet Coaster or an experienced player you'll find something new you can learn! [Updated]
Planet Coaster Blueprint Essentials - Don't start a new project without these!

Offline Elizabeth

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 22, 2017, 08:52 PM »
It's amazing how quickly Todd's Dairy Farm has grown in a few short years! The new additions and improvements are lovely, especially the the entrance area. Great storyline as always!  :up: