Kaleidoscope Piers: Ghost Pirates now available!!

• 1338 replies

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
Re: Kaleidoscope Piers: The Sugarplum Market - video!
« Reply #1140 on: December 11, 2018, 04:45 PM »
ha ha!

« Reply #1141 on: December 12, 2018, 11:12 AM »
OK! That video is MADNESS! Absolutely stellar!!!!!!!!!The level of detail is INSANE!!!!! I'm still trying to wrangle a forklift to pick my jaw up off the floor. The master has outdone himself! BRAVO!!!!!
I think like I live like I work like I love.....voluminous and disjointed. Get used to it.

Offline corkscrewloop

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: December 12, 2018, 11:36 AM »
This looks really amazing! There are so many details and ideas and the atmosphere is absolutely outstanding. The interriour is some of the best I've seen so far in Planco. And the inside height makes it so unique adding space and atmosphere like no other. Fantastic work! Pure inspiration! :)
My Workshop: Steam Workshop

« Reply #1143 on: December 12, 2018, 11:50 AM »
Stunning!

Offline CoasterCad

• Imagining since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: December 12, 2018, 12:20 PM »
Merry christmas and a happy masterpiece.
Let your imagination take you to take great places.

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: December 12, 2018, 07:03 PM »
Thank you!

I have soooo many ideas for all the new rides (except the Tracker).  No room for a new Pier so I'll probably move some things around and I may delete a couple of things I don't like much.  Ha ha. We'll see what the last 3 rides are going to be.  I don't think we're ever getting a chairlift ride.  Oh well.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 07:05 PM by Fisherman »

« Reply #1146 on: December 13, 2018, 02:52 AM »
Absolutely brilliant Fish - The creativity behind everything is fantastic and what I love is when a project captures the imagination with the... How did you do that? And those waves definitely did just that! I'll keep following this. - ImagineerJohn

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: December 13, 2018, 03:37 AM »
Thanks so much, John!  And welcome back!  :D

« Reply #1148 on: December 13, 2018, 09:21 PM »
love this project a lot

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
Re: Kaleidoscope Piers: Finally an update!
« Reply #1149 on: February 25, 2019, 08:04 PM »
Hi, guys.  Sorry I haven't posted updates lately.  I've actually been kinda depressed about stuff.  The game lag and problems have me really bummed.  And I've kinda been snubbed by some people I once considered friends in the community.  I've felt kinda...forgotten...for lack of a better word.   :-\  I know I shouldn't really care what other people think but my feelings get hurt and I feel like I'm in junior high trying to fit in with the cool kids all over again.  Sorry for rambling.

The good news is it's my birthday and I have some screenshots to share.  I've been tweaking things and moving stuff around...like parking garages and log flumes and such.  I've removed some big things entirely and replaced stuff I didn't think really fit a pier park.  The Lost Expedition is gone, for instance.  I've finished the buildings across the street from the park although I still need to build some hotels and restaurants and such behind those to fill in the space.  I've been building lots of backstage stuff too.  Here are some screenshots from all around the park:

« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 03:54 AM by Fisherman »

Offline SHADOW

• I have gone by many names.
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #1150 on: February 25, 2019, 08:08 PM »
Happy Birthday Man! Don't let what others think of you get you down.. I know what it feels like to be snubbed myself. You just keep creating awesome stuff and being you! If they don't like it that's on them. I haven't seen that carousel skin before. Is that new for this last batch of photos. It's very different and awesome!
Watch me Live on Twitch.tv or check out my videos on YouTube!  - Also can follow me on Twiter

Offline JCat

• 3D Studio Maxing Out
    • View Profile
    • Trackworx
« Reply #1151 on: February 25, 2019, 08:21 PM »
Hey - Happy Birthday! That pier is DDG as in Drop Dead Gorgeous!  Are you releasing that for the public to visit when done  - or strictly video? This mega boardwalk park screams for a head to toe, first person walkthrough and a ticket to every attraction. I always enjoy your work and have most, if not all of your blueprints. Unlike many others, they don't get unsubscribed.  I know, the lag situation and crash central sucks. Is the lag in your park without peeps?

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: February 25, 2019, 08:37 PM »
Happy Birthday!

And those are some beautiful screenshots of an awesome park. (well, maybe not the shot of the tables and benches thrown into a big pile. :P)

I sure hope Frontier can fix, or at least improve, all the problems with the game now, cause I don't want you to stop wowing us with your great creations.
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: February 25, 2019, 09:37 PM »
It's your birthday, yet you give us the presents! Fisherman? Forgotten? At SGW?... banish the thought!

I too, like that carousel cover. Then again, I like all the PC carousel covers I've seen. I also like that '50s style Flying Saucer restaurant. Speaking of restaurants- it's nice to see that Chum's is still part of Kaleidoscope Piers. And the big yellow sun. I particularly like the detailing in the façade of Midnight Manor. :up:

Offline Elch

• Berlin, Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: February 26, 2019, 03:52 AM »
Happy Birthday, Fisherman!

This is an amazing update, lots of spectacular shots there! :)

And don't feel sorry about expressing your feelings and concerns, I think it's very good to be open about those things. I don't know what happened, but don't let anyone make you feel that way. :)

« Reply #1155 on: February 26, 2019, 04:51 AM »
You've made remarkable progress even with the problems in the game.  The pictures are all just beautiful (and I'm happy to see that all my favorites made the cut and are still up and running at KP!  :P)

I could go on but I think you already know what I think about this park and your talents.  So instead I will say Happy Belated!!  Hope it was a great day that will serve to kickoff an even better year!!

« Reply #1156 on: February 26, 2019, 08:07 AM »
Happy Belated! Still more gorgeous screenshots! I can't wait til this park is released! It's going to be an amazing crawl through.....due to the fps...unless Frontier fixes that.....not holding my breath.
Anyway, I love these new screens! Absolutely stellar park!
I think like I live like I work like I love.....voluminous and disjointed. Get used to it.

Offline corkscrewloop

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: February 26, 2019, 11:52 AM »
As I mentioned already in the best pictures thread... It's incredible what you have all put into this parkmap. The details and the fantastic, brilliant ideas and rides, as well as the incredible amount of surroundings. Every picture is pure art and entertainment! And of course best wishes and happy birthday! Can't wait to see more of this park! :)

« Reply #1158 on: February 26, 2019, 01:10 PM »
Happy belated!!!

Love what you've done! Too bad about the lost expedition. Were you going build a whole new park around that ride?  :D

Seriously, looking wonderful as always!

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: February 26, 2019, 06:04 PM »
Thanks for helping me feel better, guys.  I really appreciate the encouragement.

I'm glad you guys like the carousel.  I really hope Frontier fixes the game soon.  I really want to make some videos.  I DO plan to release the park file too though.  I still have lots of space to fill up behind the buildings though.  And I want to wait to see what the next DLC will be.

Here are some more screenshots of the carousel:

« Reply #1160 on: February 27, 2019, 06:33 AM »
this is the largest pier project ever, but I like it

« Reply #1161 on: February 27, 2019, 07:31 PM »
Fantastic work as always!

Offline RCT D!

• San Lacrona Beach Resort
    • View Profile
    • Rollercoaster Tycoon D! - YouTube Channel
« Reply #1162 on: February 28, 2019, 09:55 AM »
I love your pier and the integration of the real world in combination of the park. It looks so realistic, great coasters, great darkrides, great flatrides, great backstage areas. Everything is well thought.

Offline Coasterfan

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: February 28, 2019, 04:08 PM »
I've just registered myself to tell you that I#m following the project for quite a while. When I read that you dind't fell well 'cause youve got snubbed and so on... I thought to tell you that i love the park and what youve created in the game so far. Can't wait to see the final goal anytime soon.

Offline warcat

• shyguy's World rules!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: March 01, 2019, 02:10 PM »
First off, wishes for a HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!  I don't have Planet Coaster, PC won't support it, but I check on the different parks posted.  Just want to say that I always like your parks, both in Planet Coaster and RCT3.  Totally agree with the comments made on you park. Just amazing all the detail you have put into this and all your parks, so life like and the coasters are just amazing as well.

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
Re: Kaleidoscope Piers: new hotel and diner!
« Reply #1165 on: March 05, 2019, 05:18 PM »
Thanks for all the nice birthday wishes.   :blush:

I made the Hayo Inn Express & Suites hotel and the Griddle House next door.

mmmm...pancakes!  Open 24 hours!

The parking lots are connected too!  How convenient!

« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 05:21 PM by Fisherman »

« Reply #1166 on: March 05, 2019, 05:35 PM »
love the restaurant. I really wish I had the patience to do interiors like you and some of the other players do.

« Reply #1167 on: March 05, 2019, 05:55 PM »
You know you're down south when you start seeing a Waffle (I mean Griddle) House at every exit on the interstate!  :D

Agree with wowman, just wonderful interiors!

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: March 05, 2019, 07:17 PM »
Ha ha!  You guessed it.  It's based on our local Waffle House.  Same giant sign and all.  Ha ha.  Thanks, guys.  Now... if only my game menus didn't take 2 minutes to open I could get more accomplished.  :-\

Offline corkscrewloop

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: March 06, 2019, 08:45 AM »
Very beautiful and so cool looking! :)