Kaleidoscope Piers: Ghost Pirates now available!!

• 1338 replies

Offline Cinestri0

• Livin' Like Larry
    • View Profile
Re: Kaleidoscope Piers: Park is now available!!!
« Reply #1290 on: June 17, 2019, 07:15 AM »
So after about 20 minutes of waiting to open the park (they should really get more staff at this place! Jeesh! :P) I finally got it going, and I have a really good PC btw, so even I wasn't expecting the park to take 20 minutes to load LOL, I figured you were saying 15-30 minutes on like a normal computer and I was like pssssh my computer can open this in a heartbeat------WRONG ;D

But upon opening the park I realized why it took so long so let me just say...

WOW.

Framerate aside, this park is a MASTERPIECE, complete GOLD. I was amazed at the amount of detail, Topgolf? A go kart park down the street? Ripley's?! WOW! I spent a good 45 minutes in the park, and I still feel like I missed a lot! The food stands, the advertising, the true boardwalk feel, the beach atmosphere, and BTW I LIVE IN NEW JERSEY, so I know a LOT about boardwalks and this right here is the OG BOARDWALK, this is what I wish all boardwalks were like! I live near Great Adventure so my local boardwalks are a thing called Jenkinson's which is a family boardwalk and then there is Seaside which is more of a teenager-adult boardwalk with some thrilling rides, and down south we have Morey's Pier in Wildwood which is more of the thrill park boardwalk like Kaleidoscope! And this had an awesome realistic feel, it made me feel like I was in Wildwood, albeit Kaleidoscope is much better than Wildwood haha!

So from an NJ man, I will congratulate you on NAILING the boardwalk, on NAILING the boardwalk town atmosphere, NAILING the theming and coasters, and NAILING EVERYTHING ELSE!!!! This is without a doubt my favorite Planet Coaster park to DATE! And it is right up there with my favorite "coaster games" parks list (right along CD5's Six Flags South Carolina if you know about that)!

Excuse my excitement and I hope I didn't scare you Fisherman but this is truly a work of art, you have outdone yourself and I should say on behalf of the Planet Coaster community, you are an inspiration!

And yes, I will be visiting this park again (on a day when I have an extra 20 minutes to open it LOL).

Awesome work, if I haven't made that clear yet!

Thanks for sharing this with us! I will always be looking forward to seeing more of your work!  :D

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: June 17, 2019, 07:44 AM »
Wow!  I'm SO glad you got to see the park open!  After all that work, it would sure be a shame if you could never let peeps in.  That's beyond what my rig would do.

Speaking of which, I need to get a new machine by the end of the year.  And I'm sadly behind times on what's available.  Do you know anybody who might give advice? :D
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: June 17, 2019, 07:57 AM »
Cinestri0!  Thank you so much for the sweet review!  Did you happen to find your Easter egg?!  Everyone who has commented here, retweeted, or supported me in other ways got some sort of Easter egg in the park or outside it.  Hint...yours is inside, but backstage.   ;)

Offline Cinestri0

• Livin' Like Larry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: June 17, 2019, 11:06 AM »
Cinestri0!  Thank you so much for the sweet review!  Did you happen to find your Easter egg?!  Everyone who has commented here, retweeted, or supported me in other ways got some sort of Easter egg in the park or outside it.  Hint...yours is inside, but backstage.   ;)

You got it! But no I didn't see it, I'll go look and get back to you!!  :D

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: June 17, 2019, 04:18 PM »
Some really nice action shots here: The Sea Serpent entrance where you get to see the riders upside-down over your head as you enter (why is the sea serpent sticking his tongue out at us? :P). The Whip has a great old-timey look to it with the muted colors. Love the ride skin for the Tilt-A-Whirl. Lots of action in the Paratrooper ride pic. I think the last 3 screenshots are my favorites: The colorful tilted hallway in the Spooky Shack, the futuristic Discodome, and your hand-made Sky Rockets. :)

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: June 17, 2019, 06:30 PM »
Thank you, JB!!

« Reply #1296 on: June 19, 2019, 05:01 AM »
Finally had A CHANCE TO PLAY AROUND IN YOUR PARK....i MEAN YOUR TOWN WITH A PARK IN IT. truly AMAZING WORK AND DETAIL. i CAN'T EVEN START TO LIST ALL THE COOL ASPECTS OF THIS PARK. its CLEAR YOUR HEART AND TIME PUT A LOT INTO THIS. ITS A GREAT PROJECT OVERALL. i THINK YOU HAVE JUST ABOUT EVERY POSSIBLE coaster TYPE in this park. (Oh man, I see I had caps on for a while and I don't want to go back and re-enter all that.). The detail is awesome, especially like the security cameras placed in the cave coaster. Nice touch. Also, all the lights and the faux rides. simply beautiful. What's next?

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: June 19, 2019, 05:05 AM »
Thank you so much, wowmanrct!!!

What's next?  Well...I heard that the park might be getting a new darkride.  Rumor has it that it will be one of those new shooting gallery type darkrides.  But who knows?  I haven't seen any construction walls go up yet.   :confused:  And where the heck would they put it?  They'd have to add on to the pier someplace.  ha ha!

« Reply #1298 on: June 19, 2019, 06:16 AM »
One other note. the audio. you seemed to have put a lot of thought into using the ambient sounds and tracks in the game...something I have always overlooked in my parks. After walking around yours...I realize I really need to start doing this more.

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: June 19, 2019, 06:48 AM »
Thanks for noticing that!  Yes - I do enjoy sound design in my projects.   :)

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: June 22, 2019, 07:24 AM »
New episode in the big BDTV/Fisherman trip report!!

« Reply #1301 on: June 22, 2019, 01:29 PM »
New episode in the big BDTV/Fisherman trip report!!

This is excellent! Really cool way to explore the park and surrounding areas.

What is the theme music playing in the Haunted Adventure though?? It it a Planco one or from something else? It's driving me crazy!

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: June 22, 2019, 01:33 PM »
Thanks!  It's Planco.  It's the one called "The Old Haunt" in the Spooky selection of music.  ;)

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: June 22, 2019, 02:21 PM »
Ooh! An extra long trip report today. At first I thought you made a typo in the title, but as I watched the video it all became clear. :-\  Your lame jokes crack me up: "Oh look, a Burrito Bonanza. (fart), I think I'll pass." :whistling:  And then you crack each other up with more lame jokes and comments. That, in turn, cracks us up even more. These videos are a great concept and an entertaining way to show off the park/town.

The tram announcer sounded like cousin Itt from the Addams Family. And I laughed out loud (for real) when you entered the VR Adventure (after telling us that it's really huge inside) and it looked like you stumbled into the janitor's closet. Also caught a glimpse of 'my' Toy Shop. :)  Looked like it was closed though, like pretty much everything else in Planco Beach (no staff to man the ticket windows- "Everything's free tonight!") I hope you guys continue with this series. :up:
« Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 02:24 PM by JB »

« Reply #1304 on: June 22, 2019, 02:35 PM »
very funny - and great idea. Your little town area outside the actual park lent a perfect scenario for this video. and i love that you used the new car ride to drive around. very clever.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1305 on: June 23, 2019, 06:17 AM »
I'm really glad you're doing this video series.  It's a great way for those of us with gimpy computers to actually get to appreciate all the details.  And the corny jokes (I wouldn't call them "lame") in the commentary are entertaining, too.  Thanks!
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Beyondyou

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: June 23, 2019, 11:24 AM »
Glad everyone is enjoying our corny mini series :P. It’s been a lot of fun to make!

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
Re: Kaleidoscope Piers: new ride?!?!?!?!!?
« Reply #1307 on: June 26, 2019, 04:02 PM »
Hmmm...what in the world are they doing at Kaleidoscope Piers?!  I shot a few photos to try to get a good look.  Looks like they had to add on to the pier for it.  Hmmm...skull and crossbones flag.  What could that mean?

Any ideas???   8|   :confused:

Re: Kaleidoscope Piers: new ride???!?!?!
« Reply #1308 on: June 26, 2019, 05:22 PM »
I DO have ideas, in fact, I think you spoiled it yourself in an earlier post :P

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: June 26, 2019, 07:12 PM »
OMG I forgot I did that.  ha ha

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: June 26, 2019, 10:41 PM »
Well, ignoring what you posted earlier, I prefer to think it's going to be a Cheese Factory; to lure mice into the Mousetrap Factory next door. Since you're going for a pirate theme, it would have to be a Cheddarrrr Cheese Factory. (sorry)

« Reply #1311 on: June 27, 2019, 03:35 AM »
Well, I do love that you're doing one, and I like the theme you've chosen for it.  I'm trying to add one now to my Lake Jeronimo park and I'm not feeling the creativity or the patience for it, so I will once again be turning to you for inspiration. 

JB:  I really think you need to go stand in the corner now and think about what you've done.   :mad:up: :facepalm: :P

Offline wabigbear

• Gringo en Brasil
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: June 27, 2019, 04:26 AM »
I think someone's going to have to plan an intervention to get you to quit this bench...

You're addicted Derek!!! 

It's not normal to cram this much stuff onto one park!  8|

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: June 27, 2019, 05:21 AM »
Well, ignoring what you posted earlier, I prefer to think it's going to be a Cheese Factory; to lure mice into the Mousetrap Factory next door. Since you're going for a pirate theme, it would have to be a Cheddarrrr Cheese Factory. (sorry)

Or maybe Gaaarrrrrrgonzola Galleons ? :D

-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #1314 on: June 27, 2019, 06:23 AM »
nice way to present this new build. Love it.

Offline CoasterCad

• Imagining since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: June 27, 2019, 08:38 AM »
Guys, those video's are brilliant. Can't think of a better way to present this beautiful detailed project. Already looking forward to the next one. I still have to visit the park ingame. But i think i have to wait a while, because my pc is already pretty warm with the temperatures over here right now. Loading Kaleidoscope Piers might just burn it haha.
Let your imagination take you to take great places.

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: June 27, 2019, 09:46 AM »
Thanks, guys!  Ha ha.  I am addicted.  I admit it.  ha ha.

Work continues...more activity today.  They must be picking up the pace on construction.

The file on the workshop has been updated if you want to check out the construction site yourself.  It might have some clues.   ;)

Get it here:  https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1761954599

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: June 27, 2019, 07:04 PM »
Hmm. That big dark wall on the right looks interesting. After copying/pasting the image, scaling it up, sharpening it, adding brightness and contrast and clarification-  it seems to look like the Blue Bayou scene from Disneyland's POTC, with the moon in the night sky surrounded by swampy trees. Or the giant Stay Puft marshmallow man walking through the streets of NYC; I'm not sure which.

And, if I have to stand in the corner for my corny pirate joke (above), then BH has to too-  and twice as long. :mad:up:

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: June 27, 2019, 09:21 PM »
Work continues...more activity today.  They must be picking up the pace on construction.

You're catching whatever disease Nemmie has ;)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: July 01, 2019, 04:23 PM »
Ha ha!

Well...it looks like they made a lot of progress over the weekend!  Check out these new photos I shot at the park!  Looks exciting!!   ;)