Kaleidoscope Piers: Random shots from around the piers

• 1016 replies

Offline JMAinAZ

• Atari Member Since Jan 2003
    • View Profile
    • My Personal RCT3 Website - Home to Some of the Best RCT3 Videos!
Re: Kaleidoscope Piers
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2017, 02:52 PM »
I would love to spend 5 minutes inside your mind.

-JMAinAZ

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2017, 03:44 PM »
Pier parks aren't supposed to look this awesome. ;)
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2017, 04:38 PM »
You did that in one night? It would take me a month of Sundays!!!

Like the billboard idea, maybe they will be coming from Frontier!

Hee hee!  I think I found a neato solution...see below.   ;)

I really like that! Especially the cut outs in the back. A nice twist on the Knott's mine train.

Thanks!

That log flume and the volcano coaster look INCREDIBLE! Wonderful small stuff.
Love the size of all this rides and how you play with it to fit them n the boardwalk. Love the theming of the volcano coaster.

This my favorite type of park to make.  I'm having lots of fun!

I would love to spend 5 minutes inside your mind.

-JMAinAZ

8|  You sure?  hee hee.

Pier parks aren't supposed to look this awesome. ;)

I'll try to tone it down from now on.  Hee hee!   :P  Thanks, Shyguy!

Okay...so how's this for a whimsical solution for Fire Mountain's ugly backside!?!?   :n00b:

« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 04:50 PM by Fisherman »

« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2017, 05:22 PM »
Um, wow.  When you asked for suggestions I really tried to think of some things and none of them was THIS.  THIS shouldn't be possible.  In fact, I'm pretty sure it isn't because now I'm going to go try and then I'm going to fail miserably.   :P

« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2017, 05:30 PM »
wauw, are any of these rides up in the workshop? I would love to use one or two of them in a park I am making.

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2017, 11:08 PM »
Um, wow.  When you asked for suggestions I really tried to think of some things and none of them was THIS.  THIS shouldn't be possible.  In fact, I'm pretty sure it isn't because now I'm going to go try and then I'm going to fail miserably.   :P

Ha ha!  Well, thank you very much.   ;D

wauw, are any of these rides up in the workshop? I would love to use one or two of them in a park I am making.

I can't upload most of the rides due to all the terrain work.  I will upload the park eventually though.

I tweaked the roof of Fire Mountain.  I figured with all that fire in there, the peeps would need air conditioning.   :n00b:

« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 06:43 AM by Fisherman »

Offline JMAinAZ

• Atari Member Since Jan 2003
    • View Profile
    • My Personal RCT3 Website - Home to Some of the Best RCT3 Videos!
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2017, 12:35 AM »
I can relate!
-JMAinAZ

Offline mb1.0.2

• Keepin' it Classy
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2017, 06:58 AM »
....I don't check in for a few updates and I'm treated to THIS?!?! Holy cow, man, this is stunning. I love your work with the shapes (still) and that volcano--damn. I didn't know you could do so much with the terrain in a relatively small space. This is next-level stuff. So great!

« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2017, 08:21 AM »
very nice. is the lava made from a sign or the free form pieces?

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2017, 08:46 AM »
....I don't check in for a few updates and I'm treated to THIS?!?! Holy cow, man, this is stunning. I love your work with the shapes (still) and that volcano--damn. I didn't know you could do so much with the terrain in a relatively small space. This is next-level stuff. So great!

Thanks, buddy!

very nice. is the lava made from a sign or the free form pieces?

It is a sign... "Editable Sign - Vertical Rectangle Small Lit"  Really glows nicely at night.

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2017, 09:00 AM »
That "painted" back of Fire Mountain is bloody genius. I would never have thought of that. I would have been thinking, "it doesn't fit the theme of the ride. I can't do that". Of course, it wouldn't have worked at the front, but it's so, so right and fitting at the back. It feels like a proper seaside structure. I can really imagine it being one of those iconic landmarks that you see driving up the prom reminding you of childhood visits and getting you all excited knowing you're about to have a fun day. Brilliant.

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2017, 12:27 PM »
That "painted" back of Fire Mountain is bloody genius. I would never have thought of that. I would have been thinking, "it doesn't fit the theme of the ride. I can't do that". Of course, it wouldn't have worked at the front, but it's so, so right and fitting at the back. It feels like a proper seaside structure. I can really imagine it being one of those iconic landmarks that you see driving up the prom reminding you of childhood visits and getting you all excited knowing you're about to have a fun day. Brilliant.

Thanks!  Yeah...I had to put something there because that side faces the other pier.   :D

Didn't do a whole lot today...just lots of tweaking and paths and things.  I did modify Ocean Cyclone's layout a tad to squeeze in the transfer track and storage.  Trying to make a station for it now...not sure what style this is...

The newish area under the flume ride:

Offline RCT D!

• San Lacrona Beach Resort
    • View Profile
    • Rollercoaster Tycoon D! - YouTube Channel
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2017, 06:29 PM »
In general I don´t like pier parks, they look really cluttered and random. That fact you transport to your own pier park as well. It´s well executed,  looks very realistic and I know that this must be very hard to create. But anyway this park cannot convince me of pier parks :D

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2017, 07:38 PM »
In general I don´t like pier parks, they look really cluttered and random. That fact you transport to your own pier park as well. It´s well executed,  looks very realistic and I know that this must be very hard to create. But anyway this park cannot convince me of pier parks :D

Ha ha!  That randomness is the best part!  Hee hee.  Well...I hope you can enjoy some of it.   ;)

Offline LoneWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2017, 07:45 PM »
Love it. Love it. Love it. Looks like you're going to supplying all the next gen of video in Mall Motion Sims! I have to ask though, how do planters in piers work?  I'd imagine trees would be few and far between on them.
Proud Member of: Dutcher's Outer Worldly Network, fun for all and all for fun!

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2017, 08:02 PM »
Love it. Love it. Love it. Looks like you're going to supplying all the next gen of video in Mall Motion Sims! I have to ask though, how do planters in piers work?  I'd imagine trees would be few and far between on them.

Ha ha!  Shhhh...it's magic.  Actually, I guess they use raised dirt beds...but in my imagination...you can plant palm trees right into the boardwalk...no problem!   :P

Offline n7

• This stupidity must be immortalized
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2017, 08:31 PM »
Palms have like no root structure to them - it's plausible they could grow there happily.

I love what you did to the back of your darkride structure...so brilliant.

« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2017, 08:58 PM »
This minetrain-darkride-complex is a pure stroke of genius.  :mad:up:

I also like the colour-scheme of the tiger-shark. It is a really huge pier-park isn't it ?

Keep up your nice work!

Offline TMH

• Never look back darling, it distracts from the now
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2017, 12:01 AM »
So rewarding seeing it filled in-you work fast!

Offline matt9537

• View Profile
    • Subscribe to BackwardsProductions
« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2017, 03:50 AM »
What there???? Where did that come from.
I don't check in for a couple of days and all of sudden  :scared:

This is awesome! I love that dark ride enclosure. That's incredible!  :love:
Planet Coaster Tutorials - If you're new to Planet Coaster or an experienced player you'll find something new you can learn! [Updated]
Planet Coaster Blueprint Essentials - Don't start a new project without these!

Offline andreizsmart

• 'supercoolsuper'
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2017, 10:36 AM »
YES! More volcanoes. But mini! This is looking awesome. So in love with everything.
Initiating power transfer...

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2017, 07:01 PM »
Palms have like no root structure to them - it's plausible they could grow there happily.

I love what you did to the back of your darkride structure...so brilliant.

Thanks!

This minetrain-darkride-complex is a pure stroke of genius.  :mad:up:

I also like the colour-scheme of the tiger-shark. It is a really huge pier-park isn't it ?

Keep up your nice work!

Thanks!  It's a full map of ocean and 2 large piers so far...planning a third as well.

So rewarding seeing it filled in-you work fast!

It's so much fun!

What there???? Where did that come from.
I don't check in for a couple of days and all of sudden  :scared:

This is awesome! I love that dark ride enclosure. That's incredible!  :love:

Thanks!

YES! More volcanoes. But mini! This is looking awesome. So in love with everything.

Thanks!

Been working on the Ocean Cyclone coaster for a couple of days...these chaser lights are taking forever!  Got to be an easier way.   8|

« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2017, 04:25 AM »
Just gorgeous! Looks fantastic!

« Reply #53 on: March 24, 2017, 06:35 PM »
Easily one of my favorite projects right now, and that's saying a lot with all the talent around this place.  Having said that, I like to give fair warning when I plan to steal something -- that lattice work is perfect.  A simple idea and yet I'd never thought of it.

Lighting up a coaster like that also means you have much more patience than I will EVER have :)

Offline mb1.0.2

• Keepin' it Classy
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2017, 05:01 AM »
The lights might take a while, but the results are definitely paying off. Lookin' great as usual!

Offline BlueSpirit

• ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 25, 2017, 06:42 AM »
This is incredible! If only it were real. The facade of Fire Mountain looks gorgeous. Too bad it is mostly made of terrain so I couldn't add it to my own park...

Anywho, this park is amazing. keep it up!

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 25, 2017, 07:27 AM »
Thanks so much, guys!

FINALLY finished the coaster lights!  Took FOREVER!  But lookie!  Pretty neato!

I'm gonna add lights to the station too.

Sceenies in next post:
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 11:57 AM by Fisherman »

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 25, 2017, 11:42 AM »
Just about finished the Ocean Cyclone!

Also changed Tiger Shark's floodlights to blue.

« Reply #58 on: March 25, 2017, 07:06 PM »
Lattice? Really? Looks wonderful!

Offline TOGOFan

• Everyone can be nothing!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 25, 2017, 08:04 PM »
Lattice? Really? Looks wonderful!

Something so simple yet never before seen (at least, to my knowledge).

I love it.

For thinner lattice work (or a trellis), you might want to try out the veranda pieces so long as you have something to cover the... back area because parts of it will stick out. It can be sort of awkward.

But anyway, enough of that. I can't believe I missed out on so many fantastic updates that would seem (at least for me, and I imagine most others) to take days or even up to a week to work on yet these were dished out at such a fast pace and yet, it didn't feel at all like you should have spent more time on them before posting.

So many brilliant things to comment on here, the facade on Fire Mountain, that extra woodwork + lighting on the log flume to give it that extra "pier" feel (to compensate for the fact that it's not built around lush landscaping, you know, that's how most people make their log flumes attractive but since you're on a pier, you had to do it differently). And Ocean Cyclone is just... the epitome of a pier-style woodie with all aspects (just the right amount of theming, coloring, architecture, appropriate fencing, a believable layout, etc) covered.

You not only took something on board that hasn't been attempted on PC yet (again, to my knowledge...) but you've set the bar pretty high for anyone who wants to try their hands on something similar. :P
"It's weird that pirates would go shore to shore looking for buried treasure when the real treasure was in the friendships they were making."