Kaleidoscope Piers: New restaurant across the street.

• 1061 replies

Offline JMAinAZ

• Atari Member Since Jan 2003
    • View Profile
    • My Personal RCT3 Website - Home to Some of the Best RCT3 Videos!
Re: Kaleidoscope Piers
« Reply #60 on: March 25, 2017, 11:49 PM »
We expect so much from you with each update and somehow you not only meet my expectations, you shatter them.
How many times over how many years have you done this to me now?

Ocean Cyclone is incredible.  The layout reminds me of Seaside Cyclone ;)

-JMAinAZ

Offline SPRidley

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 26, 2017, 06:55 AM »
Holy moly! Ocean Cyclon look fantastic! The small lights, the beautiful station and beach buildings! LOVE IT!

Offline BlueSpirit

• ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 26, 2017, 08:59 AM »
The lights on Ocean Cyclon are soo cool! It must have taken hours to complete and make them perfectly aligned to the track? I can't wait for the POVs of your rides, so let them come :)

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 26, 2017, 09:25 AM »
More amazingness, I see.

Even though I'd thought of doing it, I don't think I'd ever have enough patience to do those lights around the coaster. And they look really, really beautiful. And the station is so well designed. The colour choice (again), is so nice and the simple yet elegant design just fits the mood of the area so perfectly. I love it.

Online Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 26, 2017, 08:20 PM »
Lattice? Really? Looks wonderful!

Yup!  Took forever to make.  Ha ha.

Something so simple yet never before seen (at least, to my knowledge).

I love it.

For thinner lattice work (or a trellis), you might want to try out the veranda pieces so long as you have something to cover the... back area because parts of it will stick out. It can be sort of awkward.

But anyway, enough of that. I can't believe I missed out on so many fantastic updates that would seem (at least for me, and I imagine most others) to take days or even up to a week to work on yet these were dished out at such a fast pace and yet, it didn't feel at all like you should have spent more time on them before posting.

So many brilliant things to comment on here, the facade on Fire Mountain, that extra woodwork + lighting on the log flume to give it that extra "pier" feel (to compensate for the fact that it's not built around lush landscaping, you know, that's how most people make their log flumes attractive but since you're on a pier, you had to do it differently). And Ocean Cyclone is just... the epitome of a pier-style woodie with all aspects (just the right amount of theming, coloring, architecture, appropriate fencing, a believable layout, etc) covered.

You not only took something on board that hasn't been attempted on PC yet (again, to my knowledge...) but you've set the bar pretty high for anyone who wants to try their hands on something similar. :P

Thank you!  The lattice is seen from both sides so I had to do it this way.

We expect so much from you with each update and somehow you not only meet my expectations, you shatter them.
How many times over how many years have you done this to me now?

Ocean Cyclone is incredible.  The layout reminds me of Seaside Cyclone ;)

-JMAinAZ

It is indeed the same layout.   ;)

Holy moly! Ocean Cyclone look fantastic! The small lights, the beautiful station and beach buildings! LOVE IT!

Thank you!

The lights on Ocean Cyclone are soo cool! It must have taken hours to complete and make them perfectly aligned to the track? I can't wait for the POVs of your rides, so let them come :)

Yeah...it took a LONG time.   8|

More amazingness, I see.

Even though I'd thought of doing it, I don't think I'd ever have enough patience to do those lights around the coaster. And they look really, really beautiful. And the station is so well designed. The colour choice (again), is so nice and the simple yet elegant design just fits the mood of the area so perfectly. I love it.

I hope it's worth it.   :D

Today I worked on the main entrance to the central pier and the street.  Still a work in progress.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 08:40 PM by Fisherman »

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 27, 2017, 09:28 AM »
Gorgeosity and bliss!  Wow, what a wonderful park!  So many great ideas to steal draw inspiration from!  I learn so much from your work, Fisherman.  Thanks.

BTW, I agree with the move of the woody to be parallel with the beach.  It reminds me of the 1st woody I ever rode, the Zephyr of Pontchartrain Beach long, long ago.
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Offline toofpikk

• I am this forums noob.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 28, 2017, 12:52 PM »
THAT ENTRANCE IS SO INCREDIBLE I FEEL THE NEED TO SHOUT APPROVINGLY AT IT

Offline _mister_MR_

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 28, 2017, 08:23 PM »
Amazing work!! The simple details are amazing and realistic. Keep up the great work.

Offline AemJaY

• Swiss Coaster builder
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #68 on: March 29, 2017, 03:48 AM »
Great work! That pier looks awesome. And congratz to the SGW Spotlight! you deserve it :)
Streamer and Youtuber from switzerland!
Visit: !twitter! // !Youtube // !Twitch

Online Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 29, 2017, 07:44 AM »
Oh!  I didn't know I got featured!  Thanks, Shyguy! 
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 08:51 AM by Fisherman »

Offline Quinn

• Whahaha... No.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 29, 2017, 09:27 AM »
^ You deserve it! I love this project. You created a very nice style for these buildings.  :)
Click the banner to visit my thread!

Offline CommandoSanta

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 29, 2017, 10:44 AM »
Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. You are an inspiration. I think the log flume is my favorite. I really enjoy how compact it is.

That entrance though.  :up:
Check out my youtube Channel!
https://www.youtube.com/c/CommandoSanta

Offline Future Imagineer

• Disneyologist
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #72 on: March 29, 2017, 04:20 PM »
That entrance seems so fitting. I love the purple archways, makes the entrances pop just the right amount! :)
"And here's the tower for originally the PeopleMover, and then the Rocket Jets, and now just a pretty thing to look at. It's not what I really think!" - Tony Baxter

Offline Old-Spice

• Custom Content Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 29, 2017, 04:47 PM »
Wonderful. Really had that pier "feel". Night lighting is really well done.

Offline JCat

• 3D Studio Maxing Out
    • View Profile
    • Trackworx
« Reply #74 on: March 30, 2017, 03:35 PM »
This is why I keep your parks after walking through them inch by inch as a "tegidcam" visitor! Gorgeous!

Online Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 30, 2017, 08:47 PM »
Gorgeosity and bliss!  Wow, what a wonderful park!  So many great ideas to steal draw inspiration from!  I learn so much from your work, Fisherman.  Thanks.

BTW, I agree with the move of the woody to be parallel with the beach.  It reminds me of the 1st woody I ever rode, the Zephyr of Pontchartrain Beach long, long ago.

I remember the Zephyr!  I was too little to ride it at the time...but I remember it.  So glad it brings you happy memories. 

THAT ENTRANCE IS SO INCREDIBLE I FEEL THE NEED TO SHOUT APPROVINGLY AT IT

OKAY THEN SHOUT!!!  Ha ha!

Amazing work!! The simple details are amazing and realistic. Keep up the great work.

Thank you!

Great work! That pier looks awesome. And congratz to the SGW Spotlight! you deserve it :)

Thanks!

^ You deserve it! I love this project. You created a very nice style for these buildings.  :)

:blush:

Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. You are an inspiration. I think the log flume is my favorite. I really enjoy how compact it is.

That entrance though.  :up:

So glad you enjoy them.

That entrance seems so fitting. I love the purple archways, makes the entrances pop just the right amount! :)

Thanks!  I tried every color from the big sign...stuck with purple

Wonderful. Really had that pier "feel". Night lighting is really well done.

Thanks, Spice!

This is why I keep your parks after walking through them inch by inch as a "tegidcam" visitor! Gorgeous!

I can't get tegidcam to work right for me.   :confused:  Oh well.

So I moved the Sun Flyer up the Central Pier...I like it better in the middle of things.

And I added Wave Runner and High Dive to the West Pier

Everything so far:

I'm kinda stalled until we see some of the new content for the upcoming update.

Offline TMH

• Never look back darling, it distracts from the now
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 30, 2017, 11:08 PM »
Usually pier parks are small. This one's going to be the size of a large amusement park. Looks like a fun place to visit.  :D

Offline matt9537

• View Profile
    • Subscribe to BackwardsProductions
« Reply #77 on: March 31, 2017, 07:30 AM »
That entrance is spot on! That is perfect!!

The fact you already have half a dozen fantastic coasters and there's still so much space - this is going to be a Must-visit for any peep!
Fantastic.
Planet Coaster Tutorials - If you're new to Planet Coaster or an experienced player you'll find something new you can learn! [Updated]
Planet Coaster Blueprint Essentials - Don't start a new project without these!

Offline JMAinAZ

• Atari Member Since Jan 2003
    • View Profile
    • My Personal RCT3 Website - Home to Some of the Best RCT3 Videos!
« Reply #78 on: March 31, 2017, 06:56 PM »
TMH, I bet it's hard considering the scale of the objects in this game.
Good luck this week Fish.  Hope everything goes well.

-JMAinAZ

« Reply #79 on: April 01, 2017, 08:10 AM »
Jesus, Fisherman, you some kind of monk 'cause this stuff is coming from a very hallowed place. Beautiful. Someone give the man a few 100 mil and a load of fiberglass. Please! Great work, sir.

Offline n7

• This stupidity must be immortalized
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 01, 2017, 08:21 AM »
I fracking love this park...it's combining everything you'd expect in a pier park without it looking cheap or trashy. This is what pier parks COULD be if owners didn't make them such lowball bottom-line attractions. Love the new coaster as well - very pier style out and back.

Keep it coming man, it's so nice to see you create again.

Online Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 01, 2017, 05:33 PM »
Thanks so much, guys!

Worked on the areas around The Ocean Cyclone.  Made a little Administration/Handicapped Accessible parking lot, lots of fences, and some nice concrete.   :love:

Sunrise on the piers

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 01, 2017, 11:14 PM »
I love the parking lots. They add a great sense of realism to this park. I was trying to figure out what you used to make the fences around the handicapped lot. I was thinking, what the hack objects did he use to make those?
And then I realized they were the standard pre-generated fences. :facepalm:

Oh, and the park is nice too. ;)

« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 11:15 PM by shyguy »
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Online Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 01, 2017, 11:19 PM »
Ha ha!  Yup...just the railings on the paths.

So I made all the parking spots handicapped accessible...makes more sense, I think.  The employees can park across the street with the peeps.    :yes:

Better?

Offline SPRidley

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 02, 2017, 03:26 AM »
Those parking lots  :love:
You know what? This is one of the only parks I would love to have in a scenery mode with some challenges to play it with a little story about it. It reminds me to the pier stage from RCT1.
I really hope Frontier makes custom scenarios soon.

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 02, 2017, 04:36 PM »
Hey Derek,

This is just too much awesome to handle. I can't believe just how charming you've made this whole thing. No one else that I've seen in the whole Planet Coaster community has attempted anything like this. And that's why SGW rocks. The people here are on another level.
Even though it isn't on this thread yet, I've seen the back of the sign with the sunglasses and it's so inspired and so quirky. I love this park so much.

And also, I've seen that you're having surgery this week, so as cheesy as it sounds, I want to send you love and support and I want you to know that we're thinking of you. Make a speedy recovery and come back soon. We're here for you buddy.

Malc <3

« Reply #86 on: April 02, 2017, 04:59 PM »
Wonderful work as always, Derek! Love the access parking lot. Very nice touch.

Also really like the simple west pier and central pier facade entrance pieces. They look great!

Hope everything goes fine this week. All the best, buddy. You know you'll be in our thoughts and prayers.

Online Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 02, 2017, 07:00 PM »
Thank you so much for the well wishes and kind words about my park so far.   :blush:  Y'all are the sweetest!

I'll post updates on surgery day to let you guys know how it went if I feel up to it.

So...since I don't know what rides we're getting yet, I've been working on other stuff.

Around the World in 80 Days:

Sally's by the Seashore (a souvenir shop) and some food and drink vendors:

Check out that sight line to the East Pier!

Everything so far:

Oh...and some backstage areas:

Across the street will be a parking garage which will hide the stairway from the biome entrance.  I also plan to make a whole street of old buildings, some of which have been converted into modern restaurants and cheesy tourist traps (Ripley's Believe it or Not, Ripley's Haunted Adventure, wax museums, etc.)  I'm sure I'll get a lot of buildings and facades from the workshop.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 07:03 PM by Fisherman »

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 02, 2017, 07:20 PM »
Absolutely beautiful, Fisherman.  And the memories of Pontchartrain Beach grow ever stronger.

BTW, good luck with the sawbones.
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #89 on: April 02, 2017, 08:41 PM »
Back in RCT I never got the fascination with parking lots, but even before seeing this update I've kind of seen how what's outside the park really sets the stage for what the park is.  In this case the palm trees dividing the two lanes really gives a sense of the geography, if that makes sense.  Plus I think it will make for some pretty awesome POV's down the road.

However, I've never had a problem with employee areas.  Those have always been awesome to me, and that's the best I've seen  :P