Kaleidoscope Piers: The Sugarplum Market - video!

• 1148 replies
Re: Kaleidoscope Piers: Making waves in the community ;op
« Reply #990 on: August 01, 2018, 07:23 PM »
great idea with the waves and the beach shots are awesome

Offline Knight Rider

• One man can make a difference.
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: August 01, 2018, 07:36 PM »
That's a cool idea for waves  :up:

Online Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: August 01, 2018, 09:43 PM »
Thanks, guys!  New video clip...all the sounds are in game sound effects...  This game truly amazes me sometimes.

Online zyned

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
    • www.zyned.nl
« Reply #993 on: August 02, 2018, 12:27 AM »
This game truly amazes me sometimes.

Not only the game, but also the people coming up with these kind of ideas still amaze me!

The waves are awesome! It's a really nice addition to Kaleidoscope Piers.

Online shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: August 02, 2018, 12:53 AM »
 :o
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

« Reply #995 on: August 02, 2018, 05:18 AM »
It's really excellent man. Adds so much to the setting as a whole!

Congrats!

Online Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: August 02, 2018, 06:20 AM »
Thanks, guys!  Really glad you enjoy it.  Post screenies or videos if you use it!

« Reply #997 on: August 02, 2018, 07:21 AM »
even more impressive with audio
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 07:24 AM by wowmanrct »

Online Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: August 02, 2018, 08:23 AM »
even more impressive with audio

That's ALL in-game sounds...I added no custom sounds...I love the sound designers at Frontier...They really added some nice effects in the Vintage Pack.  The wave sound you hear close up is actually the waterfalls...pretty cool, eh?  The speaker I added on each wave plays the "Atlantic Waves" ambient sound from the Vintage set.

Online Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: August 02, 2018, 02:02 PM »
I uploaded the lifeguard station from the video.  It makes a great place to hide the sequencer for the beach waves blueprint.  Here it is:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1463025164

« Reply #1000 on: August 02, 2018, 02:04 PM »
Holy Mother......this is gonna come in handy!
I think like I live like I work like I love.....voluminous and disjointed. Get used to it.

Offline Salad Fries

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: August 02, 2018, 05:14 PM »
OMG! Waves!

Looks awesome!

Offline corkscrewloop

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: August 03, 2018, 12:53 AM »
Fantastic work! Thanks to the vintage pack I assume now a lot of people will want to build a pier... Your thread is the guideline and inspiration they should look for! :)
My Workshop: Steam Workshop

« Reply #1003 on: August 05, 2018, 03:33 PM »
dying to know how you made those beach chairs!!!!!
I think like I live like I work like I love.....voluminous and disjointed. Get used to it.

« Reply #1004 on: August 05, 2018, 04:30 PM »
dying to know how you made those beach chairs!!!!!
Pretty surre they are the director chairs from the studio pack sunk a bit into the sand. But, yes, very clever!

Online Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: August 05, 2018, 05:30 PM »
Oh yes!  Each is made of 4 director's chairs!  They are on my workshop too.  https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1428932722

Thanks so much, guys!  I'm so glad people like my wave effect.  Honestly it was just something I had in the back of my mind since I started the park...I tested ideas months ago with fountains and waterspout effects and the number of them I had to use to get it to work right was not plausible.  Then last week it dawned on my to try the waterfall since it was wider and I wouldn't need as many.  And lo and behold...  Each wave only has 120 waterfalls.  ha ha.  I can't imagine how many fountains or waterspouts it would have taken.

Online Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
Re: Kaleidoscope Piers: Random shots from around the piers
« Reply #1006 on: August 25, 2018, 07:42 AM »
Hi, guys.  So I've returned back to work after a summer break that was far too short.  Alas, I have not been able to play PC for a few weeks.  But...I didn't manage to forget to show a few screenshots I took from a couple of weeks ago.

I started working on a restaurant on the beach behind the employee parking lot and the Duck Tours ticket building.  Below is a teaser shot from the restaurant's deck looking back at the park.  No shots of the restaurant quite yet because it doesn't even have a roof all the way around yet.   :closedeyes:  I hate that we don't have shorter versions of the net fences...so I'll replace these eventually.

And here's a shot of the West Pier (slightly different from the one I showed in the best pictures thread)  You might notice I added some tropical jungle themed games stalls along that big blank wall of The Lost Expedition show building...that wall was really bothering me.  ha ha:

Here are a couple of shots from the top of Wave Runner.  I love the views from up here:

And here's a bonus shot of Ocean Cyclone at night with a nice view of the Ripley's attractions across the way:

Across the service road from the Ripley's attractions is The Planco Dungeon, a member of the world-famous Dungeon attractions family.  I tried to be authentic with the logo (it is in fact a collage of letters from some of the real Dungeon logos  ;)  )  I am sure the town of Planco Beach has some dark stories in its past...at least enough to fill a Dungeon attraction.  It's an empty shell for now.  Who knows?  Maybe the devs will give us walk-through attractions one day and I can put something inside it!

A corner coffee shop...not sure if I showed this.  It's across the street from The Planco Dungeon.  It's kinda cozy:

And...I kinda liked this shot   :n00b:

« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 07:49 AM by Fisherman »

« Reply #1007 on: August 25, 2018, 08:32 AM »
There's not a bad view from anywhere in this park, especially now that you have things to look at outside the park.   :)

Love that you put an extremely realistic backdrop inside that ticket booth to make it look less game-y.  And I agree on those net fences, I like them but I wish there was a smaller, more detailed version so I didn't have to keep sinking them into things.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 06:35 PM by JPAlmighT »

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: August 25, 2018, 05:45 PM »
Good to hear from you again.  I've been missing chatting with you lately.

All those shots look fantastic, even the one with the Galaxi in it, which you've been at pains to make look less horrendous :).

I hope the Dungeon is all at street level or it will have even a worse time than usual with storm surge ;).

And that tile floor in the coffee shop....  Where do you find the time? :D
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Offline zeroG

• View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: August 26, 2018, 02:25 AM »
It´s quite unbelievable how this projects developed...34 pages of endless creativity and mindblowing creations.
The greatest thing is to see that you are still full of passion since I saw your work the first time years ago in RCT 3.
I am so jittery to explore the Pier by meyself, but in the same way it would be nice if you never finish the Pier and come up with new amazing things all the time...Two things I have to mention: I miss Mitch Buchannon on the beach and some guy who´s fishing. A so called Fisherman  :P :P

Fantastic as always!

greetz
zeroG
FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW YOU

« Reply #1010 on: August 26, 2018, 11:34 AM »

Online Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: August 26, 2018, 01:29 PM »
OMG I love that sign, Rich!

Good idea, zeroG.  I think I will do some sort of Fisherman allusion with a fishing boat or something.  I do already have a street named Fisherman Drive as well.  And I have some other special easter eggs around already.

Thanks, everybody.

I miss you guys too.  I've just been so busy with work. 

Offline xRBz

• Comeback baby!
    • View Profile
    • richardblok.com
« Reply #1012 on: August 26, 2018, 03:16 PM »
I really, really dig that Planco dungeon sign a lot! Looks amazing.

Offline FCP-Rug

• I'm batman!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: August 26, 2018, 04:29 PM »
Is the sign based on the London dungeon?

I can't get over how good everything looks. So neat and professional. Fun and uber detailed.
Always be yourself...unless you can be batman!

Online Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: August 26, 2018, 05:03 PM »
Thanks!  Yes...the sign is based on the real Dungeon attractions.  I edited pieces together from the logos of several of the Dungeons to get all the letters I needed to spell "Planco."  Ha ha.

Offline FCP-Rug

• I'm batman!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: August 26, 2018, 05:11 PM »
That's very clever/creative!
Always be yourself...unless you can be batman!

Online JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: August 26, 2018, 08:24 PM »
I keep coming back to look at that coffee shop, especially the interior shot. Something about it- being on the corner, at night, with sort of a stark retro quality to it- reminds me of Edward Hopper's painting 'Nighthawks', only, seen from the inside instead of the outside.

Online Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
Re: Kaleidoscope Piers: New shopping district along the boardwalk
« Reply #1017 on: September 23, 2018, 07:30 PM »
So I've been slowly building a little shopping district along the boardwalk...with shops and eating establishments.  There's a row of shops along the back of Wave Runner's station and the employee parking garage...with a full service restaurant down at the end of the boardwalk called Chum's.  It's a seafood place with a shark theme.  It's based on one of the restaurants in my old RCT3 Aquarium attraction.  There's also beach access and showers under the stairs.

Here are a few screenies of the district so far.  It's all contained within the park.

« Reply #1018 on: September 23, 2018, 09:01 PM »
Love it.  This was what I wanted to do with that boardwalk in the summer competition, but doing so would've taken me all summer and it wouldn't have looked as good as this.  My most favorite thing in these pics is the smiling-sun cutout, and the fact that you went for that extra detail and gave it cheeks.  :D   Just brilliant.

Online JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: September 23, 2018, 10:34 PM »
I like the name/concept of the Chums restaurant. Makes me think that they serve chum there, or that the peeps walking through the sharks mouth get turned into chum- sort of a Soylent Green thing. :P