Kaleidoscope Piers: Ghost Pirates now available!!

• 1336 replies

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
Re: Kaleidoscope Piers: 3
« Reply #1260 on: June 12, 2019, 05:00 AM »
Hmmm...3 to go?

Note that Hammerhead is based on Themepark.media's AMAZING Ultra Realistic Vekoma SLC recreation found on the workshop here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1599055296
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 07:23 AM by Fisherman »

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
Re: Kaleidoscope Piers: 2
« Reply #1261 on: June 13, 2019, 05:02 AM »
TWO to go!

The Looping Star is an embellished version of Mennoo_'s amazing Looping Star - Park Version blueprint:  https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1600576545
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 05:24 AM by Fisherman »

Re: Kaleidoscope Piers: 2
« Reply #1262 on: June 13, 2019, 05:14 AM »
these are great. nice idea

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
Re: Kaleidoscope Piers: 1!!
« Reply #1263 on: June 14, 2019, 05:00 AM »
Thanks, wowmanrct!

Got your season pass?  Kaleidoscope Piers opens TOMORROW at 8:00 am CST!!!!

« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 05:02 AM by Fisherman »

« Reply #1264 on: June 14, 2019, 05:39 AM »
Airline reservations confirmed, room booked at the LaPlanca Inn (The Kaleidoscope Hotel was booked solid.)  I hope the weather is nice.

Offline Cinestri0

• Livin' Like Larry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: June 14, 2019, 07:24 AM »
I'll be there at 8:03 am, always gotta be fashionably late

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: June 14, 2019, 08:00 AM »
Well...the park doesn't actually open till 9.  But you might need an hour to open the file so I'm releasing it at 8.  ha ha!   :D

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: June 15, 2019, 05:54 AM »
KALEIDOSCOPE PIERS - BY FISHERMAN

GET IT HERE ON THE WORKSHOP:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1761954599

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY!!!

Kaleidoscope Piers, the star of the Planco Beach entertainment district.  Home to 21 roller coasters, four darkrides, and dozens of rides and attractions for the whole family.  It's a destination park for sure - you just can't see it all in one day.  Book a room in one of Planco Beach's highly-rated hotels, motels, and Bed & Breakfast inns and explore the town and the piers.  Don't forget to stay for the nightly fireworks - they're a must-see!

This project has been a true labor of love.  I started working on it over two years ago and I hope you enjoy exploring the park as much as I have enjoyed creating it.  It's big, so be warned.  It takes 15 to 30 minutes (or more) to open the file on a good computer.  Don't try to let peeps in (or even staff, for that matter) or your frame rate will be zero.  Ha ha.  The park is presented closed with no guests and no staff.  The park has lots of Easter eggs so be sure to explore all the nooks and crannies!

YOU MUST DOWNLOAD THE USER MUSIC AND MEDIA FILES HERE AND INSTALL THEM IN THEIR CORRECT FOLDERS OR THE PARK WILL HAVE LOTS OF BLANK WALLS AND SIGNS AND LOTS OF SILENT PLACES.

USER MEDIA:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1b1PQNIjCzLs3I0CfuzZq-sEV7KZ956fT 

USER MUSIC:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Nz1msuearGFfb8XS--g52M_C1yyoY-Ge 

Note that the park ambient music is either in-game music or music from the Youtube creator's library of approved free music.

I USED MANY TOOLKIT ITEMS, SO UPON OPENING THE PARK, I SUGGEST CHECKING THE OPTION TO DOWNLOAD THE ITEMS USED IN THE FILE AND THEN JUST DELETE THE ITEMS YOU DON'T WANT AFTER YOU EXPLORE THE PARK.

Note that as the park got larger, effects on rides became out of sync due to frame rate drops.  So, the sound effects on Mousetrap Factory, Midnight Manor, and The Haunted Mine might be out of sync.  Wipeout and Disco Dome have similar issues with their display sequences.  For best results, run both Mousetrap Factory and Midnight Manor with one car.  Otherwise the sounds from other parts of the ride will bleed through the walls and mess up the experience.

When you first open the park, you will see an error saying some user files are missing.  There are a couple of disconnected speakers someplace in the park that I unfortunately have not been able to track down.  Oops.  Just ignore it.  If you have notifications turned on, you will also see several errors that some shops and rides are not connected to pathways.  There are numerous such items that are merely used as scenery, transfer tracks, etc.  All the real rides and shops are connected and the park is fully accessible to guests.  The park is set up for staff features with staff buildings throughout the park.  If that feature annoys you, simply turn it off in the game settings.

To turn off the waves (which can slow down your game), use the master sequencer which is located inside the lifeguard stand near Wave Jammer and set its scheduler to trigger only.

The Sky Rockets ride has two configurations.  Loading configuration is what you see when you open the park.  The flying configuration is hidden underground directly below the ride.  Just slide it vertically straight upwards and line up the little cone on the top of the ride.  And simply slide the loading configuration vertically straight down underground.

ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS:

I would like to acknowledge the following content creators for their wonderful blueprints & Toolkit items which contributed to the world of Planco Beach and Kaleidoscope Piers.  Without their creations, I could not have completed this park.  I am very grateful for their hard work.  If I have overlooked anyone, I apologize and please let me know so that I can update this list (I am getting old and forgetful).

IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER, THE FOLLOWING BLUEPRINTS WERE USED:

-   Wings & Strings:  1922 Steam Tugboat, 1938 Graham-Bradley Tractor, 1982 Ford Pickup Variety Pack, 1973 Winnebago Chieftain, 1989 Winnebago Warrior RV, Peterbilt Truck & Flatbed, Peterbilt Transfer Dump Truck, Peterbilt Truck & Intermodal, Peterbilt Trucks & Tankers, and Peterbilt Trucks – No Sleeper
-   Bullethead:  Boat Set, and collaboration on GALAXI coaster (now called SKYJET in the park)
-   Dejoowie:  collaboration on Stingray boomerang coaster supports
-   Intim305:  Skycoaster/Xtreme Skyflier, and Slingshot
-   Mennoo_:  Looping Star
-   Themepark.media:  Ultra Realistic Vekoma SLC
-   KPJ:  Big Apple (unthemed)
-   Haplo:  AC Mountain Font, Sugarskin Font, Cosmopolitan Font, Mech Font, and Nickodemus Font.
-   Parcival:  Adventure Font
-             UaKins:  Box Light Font
-   SHADOWxPHENIX:  Arcade & Pinball Games (and their billboard images, included by permission of the creator)
-   ToddVO:  Arcade Games
-   RubleTillions:  All midway games blueprints.
-   Osmium:  Golf Carts
-   SteveH500:  Ice Freezer
-   Nemmie:  Mobile Generator (lights)
-   JPAlmighT:  Photobooth
-   HAWK3Y3:  16m Powerlines
-   Rooby:  Vending Machine

THE FOLLOWING TOOLKIT ITEMS WERE USED IN THE PARK:

-   ArtificialArtist:  Antique Golden Vase No. 1, Queue Posts, Chainlinks, and Steampunk Metal Floor
-   Woody:  Cosmic Cow Plushie, Backpack, and Gulpee Plushie
-   Geekism:  Planet Coaster Board Game, Mop & Bucket, Safety Sign - Stop Sign, Wooden Sled, Safety Sign – First Aid, Safety Sign – No Entry, Safety Sign – Electrocution, Cash Register/Till
-   Ms.RedNebula:  Butterflies, Flamingos, Zebras,
-   Cebism:  Chairlift Ladder, Nets, Ski Lift – Rope
-   DeadEyeDuck:  Chimps, Tigers, Rhino, Elephant, Lion, Giraffe, Parrot, Fire Extinguisher
-   x-::R3DMyst::-x:  Condiments, Salt and Pepper Shakers, Napkin Dispensers, Gulpee T-Shirt, Hoodie No Logo, Poster Rack
-   Zekin:  Keel-billed Toucan
-   DasMatze:  Lifting Truck
-   Maelstrom.85:  Metal Turnstile
-   Corkscrewloop: Beams
-   Blackmanshadow:  defense de nager (no swimming sign), Wet Floor sign
-   Zigfreed107:  Duct set
-   FSFRanger:  Gorilla, Ostrich
-   vampiro_lod:  Puzzle Pathos III
-   lounap211:  Ceiling Fan Colorable
-   xRBz:  Shade Covers
-   Bass:  Simple Wood 1m v0, and v1 3m
-   WishingOnAWendy:  Souvenir Mugs
-   Chief:  Spiral Staircase Right – Modular
-   RudiRennkamel:  Wheelchair Rudi
-   Dew of the sea:  Wheelie Bins
-   Delgus:  Wooden Kitchen Chair with Cushioned Seat, Trash Bin (Generic), and Wooden Standing Table with Motif

« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 07:52 AM by Fisherman »

Re: Kaleidoscope Piers: Park is now available!!!
« Reply #1268 on: June 15, 2019, 07:48 AM »
Congrats, my friend.  You did the impossible.  When the game said "stop! I wasn't made for this!" you pressed on and took NO SHORTCUTS.  So many 360 degree interiors, ceilings, every single detail.  Lots of stuff I don't remember from the thread...  the 2 story arcade!  The new targets in the shooting gallery.  You didn't skimp on backstage stuff either.  The city sidewalks are functional, as appears to be all of the pathing in this park (something I tend to get lazy about.) 

I've only spent about an hour here so far, rode a couple of rides and then decided that I would either wait for a new computer or extract them individually in a separate park, because every attraction here deserves more than the 3 FPS I'm currently able to give it.  (But it did not crash my computer, even on exit.  That impressed me :)  )

It was nice to finally solve a few of those "how did he do that?" moments.  I could go on, and I probably will after another few visits.  But again, so many congrats on this historic accomplishment.  You are certainly now in the Planet Coaster Hall of Fame, as though you weren't there already. 

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: June 15, 2019, 07:55 AM »
Thank you so much, JP!!  Did you find your street?  Thank you for all your nice comments over these past 43 pages in the thread!  I hope you'll visit the park again.  There is so much to see and do...and about a hundred Easter eggs.  From signs to hidden secrets in weird places.  ha ha.

« Reply #1270 on: June 15, 2019, 08:34 AM »
I've just ordered a pizza and looking forward to spending the evening wandering about! It looks incredible!
Congratulations.

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: June 15, 2019, 08:37 AM »
Thanks, Mackie1985!  Be sure to look for your Easter Egg!  ha ha   ;)

(I probably should have made a map of where they all are.  oops.  ha ha)

« Reply #1272 on: June 15, 2019, 09:16 AM »
Thanks, Mackie1985!  Be sure to look for your Easter Egg!  ha ha   ;)

(I probably should have made a map of where they all are.  oops.  ha ha)

Haha, thanks I'm honoured!

Getting a bit ahead of myself here, but any plans for what comes next?......

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: June 15, 2019, 09:49 AM »
A new big collaboration project is in the planning stages.  Stay tuned.   ;)

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: June 15, 2019, 09:54 AM »
New trip report series!  BeyondDrewTV and Fisherman spend three days visiting Kaleidoscope Piers.  Episode One:  Beans for Breakfast!

Offline Beyondyou

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1275 on: June 15, 2019, 10:19 AM »
Yay! This was so much fun to make! Can't wait to show everyone more episodes :D

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: June 15, 2019, 12:35 PM »
Once again, congratulations on a truly remarkable achievement.
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: June 15, 2019, 12:40 PM »
Thanks, shyguy!!  And thanks for maintaining this site.  It is a great home base for projects like mine.  I appreciate all you do.

« Reply #1278 on: June 15, 2019, 06:09 PM »
Well, you pulled it off! I can't get over how incredibly detailed every square of this park is. You don't seem to know when to stop!!!  :D

Love all the little details everywhere, all the little easter eggs, inside jokes, etc.  :o

Just a thought. Have you given any consideration to breaking up the piers into separate parks so people could get a better experience?

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: June 15, 2019, 06:25 PM »
Thanks, man!!!

I considered it, but opted not to.  Most folks have at least been able to open it and explore it paused but yeah...I know what you mean.  I did learn my lesson.  While it was a fun challenge to push the game to its limits, it caused me lots of grief and made the park unplayable for lots of folks.  I think my next project will be smaller.   ;)

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: June 15, 2019, 06:40 PM »
The video: HAHAHAHA! The 12 year-old inside me loved the farting. Was that garbled Planco language coming from the drive-thru speaker? Or just random sounds and syllables? I actually laughed out load when I heard that, even though I was anticipating it.

I would love to walk thru and explore Kaleidoscope Piers, Fisherman, but alas, I don't have the game. :(  Nevertheless, I really enjoyed watching the progress of the park through your screenshots. I think I started following your thread closely about the time you showed us the ocean waves.

Looking forward to the next video and the next park. :)

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: June 15, 2019, 06:54 PM »
Thanks, JB!  You don't have Planet Coaster yet?  Oh you must get it someday.  It's really fun.  Watch for sales!  They just had one.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: June 16, 2019, 05:35 AM »
(pops champaign)  Woohoo!  It's done!  Finally!  2 years or so, ain't it?  SUCH a massive amount of work, and all so fantastically executed   :love:  Champaign's not good enough for this park.  This calls for a wee dram of some top-shelf single malt.  I've got 2, Lagavulin and Highland Park, with and without a lot of peat smoke, respectively, depending on taste.

I feel like I myself took a road trip getting there, like that ingenious video (how do you even think of making stuff like that?).  Lots of time subscribing to all the WS and TMT things, plus the media and music.  Then 53 minutes for the park to load and another 5 to buffer enough to get semi-controllable camera movement.  But it was definitely worth the trip!  Sheer gorgeosity and bliss everywhere you look.  The beautiful style, the realistic replicas of everything from businesses to duckboats, the level of detail, the shout-outs, and the humor throughout really put this masterpiece in a class by itself.

I'm totally in awe.  And my computer really needs a nice, long nap after working so hard :D.  Really, I can't say enough good things about this park.  I'll be getting a new rig some time this year and will give it another go then, when I can more fully appreciate it ;)
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #1283 on: June 16, 2019, 06:17 AM »
Oh, Derek, I forgot to mention. You had said previously that you did not know, so you have 185,986 pieces in your park!

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: June 16, 2019, 06:19 AM »
Bullethead:  Thank you so much for your kind works AND for your countless hours in Steam chat helping me to stay sane as I built!!

Citytrader:  Ha ha!  Thanks!!  I thought it would be more than that!  Are you in the park again?    :D

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: June 16, 2019, 06:24 AM »
Bullethead:  Thank you so much for your kind works AND for your countless hours in Steam chat helping me to stay sane as I built!!

Talking to a crazy man is not the best way to stay sane ;)  I guess you need to start a new project so we can continue.

And yeah, I thought there were more parts than that, too.
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: June 16, 2019, 06:30 AM »
Funny you should mention a new project... I just put a new map into the scenario editor about an hour ago.  Wish us luck!   ;)

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: June 16, 2019, 06:41 AM »
Funny you should mention a new project... I just put a new map into the scenario editor about an hour ago.  Wish us luck!   ;)

I certainly shall, and am curious to see what this will be.  I need more ideas to steal ;)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline corkscrewloop

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: June 17, 2019, 06:12 AM »
Wow Fisherman, that park is crazy large... I dont get over 2fps, closed and paused... what computer do you run that on?... However, of what I could see I must admit its fantastic!!! Cant believe of what all you have put in that map! Crazy amazing!!!
My Workshop: Steam Workshop

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: June 17, 2019, 06:19 AM »
Thanks, corkscrewloop!!  Sorry about the frame rates.   :(

The peeps love the park!  They just walk REALLY slowly.  Ha ha.