Kaleidoscope Piers! Park optimized for better performance (a bit)

• 1400 replies

Offline warcat

• shyguy's World rules!
    • View Profile
Re: Kaleidoscope FEARS! Now open! Video!!
« Reply #1380 on: November 02, 2019, 09:34 AM »
WOW!  Don't have the game, computer won't run it, but this as JB said is the only way I'll experience it also.  Fantastic!  Thank you so much for the video. 

Offline KiDFoX

• Legendary RCT3 Architect - Planet Coaster Newb..
    • View Profile
    • Fox Amusements - The site I have not touched in years
« Reply #1381 on: November 02, 2019, 01:44 PM »
Nice walkthrough!  Do you have some lag when moving about in that park?
Fox Amusements is the largest, longest continuously running, most successful virtual theme park company in the Tycoon type games communities.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMkrN91L2KiAfAyu_Zi6HDw

@foxamusements

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: November 02, 2019, 06:49 PM »
Thanks, guys!  Yes... Lots of lag.  I'm going through the original park now and streamlining stuff to try and make it more playable.  First up is replacing all the streets (which were pavement objects) with concrete colored terrain.  We didn't have it when I first made the park.

Offline KiDFoX

• Legendary RCT3 Architect - Planet Coaster Newb..
    • View Profile
    • Fox Amusements - The site I have not touched in years
« Reply #1383 on: November 02, 2019, 09:34 PM »
That will help.  The version of your park on the workshop runs decently on my PC, its a little laggy but not bad
Fox Amusements is the largest, longest continuously running, most successful virtual theme park company in the Tycoon type games communities.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMkrN91L2KiAfAyu_Zi6HDw

@foxamusements

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: November 04, 2019, 04:17 AM »
So far, I've deleted about 9,000 pieces in the process. Gonna keep going.  Every bit should help.

Offline Plokoon111

• Darkride Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: November 04, 2019, 04:44 AM »
Good ideas you have about making the park lagless. I'm taking copious notes; even though lag in my park is none so far thankfully.

« Reply #1386 on: November 04, 2019, 06:58 AM »
nice holiday overlay for this park.

« Reply #1387 on: November 04, 2019, 02:47 PM »
Hey Fisherman, I'm sure you have posted this elsewhere a few times, but what are your computer specs?

Check out my latest projects!
Ride | Custom Scenery  | Park

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: November 04, 2019, 07:43 PM »
Thanks, guys.

ALT2870, My computer specs are:

Intel Core i7-6700K Processor 4.0GHz
G.Skill 16GB DDR4-3200 RAM
1TB SSD for system and game
1TB HDD for data
I'm running Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

My graphics cards is
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5 VR Ready

« Reply #1389 on: November 05, 2019, 08:40 PM »
Thanks, guys.

ALT2870, My computer specs are:

Intel Core i7-6700K Processor 4.0GHz
G.Skill 16GB DDR4-3200 RAM
1TB SSD for system and game
1TB HDD for data
I'm running Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

My graphics cards is
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5 VR Ready

Is that SSD plugged in by SATA or NVME? (To save time if you don't know the difference, I assume you do, if it was plugged in via NVME the SSD would look kinda like a gum stick.)

« Reply #1390 on: November 06, 2019, 04:32 AM »
Thanks for the specs, it's kind of nice knowing what people are working with, sort of helps knowing when my framerate is appropriate for what I have or if there's something wrong with my machine (or the game, as we all know has been the case on more than one occasion!)   :mad:

I'm going to jump in with a question of my own -- is that 4G processor speed right out of the box or did you have to overclock (which I know nothing about and am scared to even play with.)    A couple months ago I bought an i9-9900 but my speed is only 3.6Ghz...  that number suggests to me that your computer will run this game better than mine.  I haven't had any major problems yet but I don't think I've loaded up KP yet on the new machine to compare load times and framerate with my previous rig.

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: November 06, 2019, 07:00 AM »
I'm going to be honest and say that my hubby is my computer guy so I'm going to have to ask him when I get home from work...  Ha ha.

« Reply #1392 on: November 06, 2019, 08:44 AM »
Thanks for the specs, it's kind of nice knowing what people are working with, sort of helps knowing when my framerate is appropriate for what I have or if there's something wrong with my machine (or the game, as we all know has been the case on more than one occasion!)   :mad:

I'm going to jump in with a question of my own -- is that 4G processor speed right out of the box or did you have to overclock (which I know nothing about and am scared to even play with.)    A couple months ago I bought an i9-9900 but my speed is only 3.6Ghz...  that number suggests to me that your computer will run this game better than mine.  I haven't had any major problems yet but I don't think I've loaded up KP yet on the new machine to compare load times and framerate with my previous rig.

Looking Intel's website, 4GHz is the base frequency. So no overclocking. That's pretty high for a standard processor, especially one that old. Like you I have a 9th Gen that is 3.6 at standard, but Intel says it can turbo up to 4.9. 0.o I agree overclocking can be scary but you could try Intel's Turbo Boost technology which I think you can do through Windows. Not the same as overclocking but a similar result.

I'm going to be honest and say that my hubby is my computer guy so I'm going to have to ask him when I get home from work...  Ha ha.

Haha, not a problem. I'm guessing you are using a SATA link. That would explain why the park takes so long to load, but I guess we'll have to wait.

« Reply #1393 on: November 06, 2019, 11:12 AM »
That does help me, ALT.  Thank you both!

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: November 06, 2019, 02:29 PM »
I have answers! SATA and right out of the box - no overclocking

« Reply #1395 on: November 06, 2019, 03:16 PM »
Hahaha, thank you!  And thank the hubby for me!   :D

« Reply #1396 on: November 07, 2019, 10:23 AM »
I have answers! SATA and right out of the box - no overclocking

Thank you. :)

That would explain the long load time. When I get back from Denver here in a bit I'm going to see how it preforms on my computer with the nvme connection.

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
Re: Kaleidoscope Piers! Park optimized for better performance (a bit)
« Reply #1397 on: November 10, 2019, 02:22 PM »
The park has been optimized and streamlined a bit.  I ended up removing about 12,000 pieces.  I added a couple of new things too...because...well...I'm Fisherman  :n00b: .  I added Planco Beach Helicopter Tours and I added a plane towing an advertisement banner.  I also redid the Soaring Eagle Zipline ride.  I removed the pavement pieces from almost all of the streets and parking lots.  I had to leave them on a couple of them due to uneven terrain with the hotel swimming pools.  And, I removed tons of the pier support structure that you probably would never see anyway.  I hope this helps with performance and that some of you guys who haven't been able to enjoy the park will be able to check it out.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1761954599

Here are some new screenies.  I think the streets look better with the darker terrain color.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 03:04 PM by Fisherman »

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: November 10, 2019, 03:00 PM »
More gorgeous screenshots of a gorgeous park. I especially like the shot with the helicopter.
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

« Reply #1399 on: November 10, 2019, 07:24 PM »
what a massive park this has become for being a pier park. love it. Like the plane with the banner...so classic for something like this.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: November 10, 2019, 08:49 PM »
Look! Up in the sky! It's a (whirly)bird. It's a plane. No, it's SuperFisherman!

The helicopter tours building and parking area look nice. I'm having a hard time locating it in the park pics. It seem to be on the outer edges somewhere; maybe over by TopGolf? The plane looks great in these screenshots, but if you're walking around in the park, and you look up, you'll see it frozen in time; like an Outer Limits episode (or was it Twilight Zone?) :P