Owens Mesa - Food & Wine Festival - Wrapping up

• 195 replies

Offline Berlin87

• CEO of Lake Walt
    • View Profile
    • Planet Coaster Fans on Facebook
Re: Owens Mesa - Food & Wine Festival
« Reply #180 on: October 30, 2018, 03:01 AM »
I already lavished you with compliments on Discord, but I'll say it again: That gift shop looks exquisite and I adore the custom signage

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 30, 2018, 01:50 PM »
This entire update is pure eye candy. All 3 pics are perfection and the content and what you've built is jaw dropping.

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 31, 2018, 09:47 AM »
Amazing! I am still in shock that this is in Planet Coaster and not real life. Looks like an amazing Food and Wine Festival, I am sure guests love the many food and beverage options. Well done!

Offline andreizsmart

• 'supercoolsuper'
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 31, 2018, 10:24 AM »
Looks great so far. Some of the planters could use a little more love but other than that its really coming along nicely.
Initiating power transfer...

Offline CoasterCad

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 01, 2018, 03:08 PM »
Not a huge fan of this update. I am more of a beer fan :sneaky:.

No seriously though, even a store brand coke would taste awesome in that epic interior.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 01, 2018, 07:13 PM »
All those pics look fantastic, especially the interior of the Emporium! 
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Owens Mesa - Food & Wine Festival - Pt.1
« Reply #186 on: November 02, 2018, 04:15 PM »
Welcome to Owens Mesa!

Well the Food & Wine (+Beer) Festival is officially underway! I managed to try counties booth and WOW the food is spectacular! They are great tapas size portions so you don't fill up at one country.
I did not get a chance to stop by the Wine and Brews stalls, they were simply too busy for me. Onto the pictures...

The Emporium is officially open! A wonderful usage of the old monorail station, and a much needed one-stop-shop for souvenirs.

Over in Escalante, the old closed up "barn" has been torn down to make way for a new food park of sorts. The little area houses two countries: Germany and Italy. It's cute how the festival logo showcases which booths are in each little area.

A much needed open space to sit back and relax off the busy main pathway.

Over in Red Sky, Morphie Gas got a new sign!

I did notice how this area is the first to use palm trees in the park, surprisingly enough. I guess they are really going for the SoCal look and feel.

One of my favorite stalls of the night. The meat was incredible!

That's all for now!

Thanks for viewing!

Owens Mesa

JC8

Spoiler (hover to show)

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: Owens Mesa - Food & Wine Festival - Pt.1
« Reply #187 on: November 02, 2018, 05:49 PM »
While I myself have only spent about 6 hours in Spain (all at an airport), I did have a long-term Madrieño jaina in Texas where I was continually hearing both Spanish and Tex-Mex español.  Still, I never heard the word "tapas" until now so had to google it and learned a lot of fascinating food history, much of it contradictory.  But I think I now understand the term as any sort of small-serving bar food that comes with a drink.  That makes tapas one of the 3 basic, essential food groups along with the booze and, of course, pepper :D

Anyway, the pics look wonderful and make me want to drink mezcal with chorizo and peppers  :laughing_skull:
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 05:57 PM by Bullethead »
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Owens Mesa - Food & Wine Festival - Padre Springs
« Reply #188 on: December 13, 2018, 08:15 AM »
Welcome to Owens Mesa!

Well life has gotten in the way and I have not been able to get into the park for a few weeks. Sad I know. I have heard good things about the Food & Wine festival so far, and still have yet to try all the stalls. One weekend I should be able to. Anyways, I managed to get into the park last night and snap some pictures. A friend of mine is an operator for XB-1 and rumor has it the park is removing the rapids ride. Interesting...
Onto the pictures I suppose.

The waterfront of Padre Springs has seriously beefed up. I don't even remember park officials talking about a stage. It wasn't quite finished yet as it seems to be missing some railings.

This area is beautiful at night! The music and atmosphere are simply amazing.

The interior of Padre Springs Emporium is all done and open to guests, although there don't seem to be any shopping at that moment.

And for my FAVORITE part of the festival: Booze. Canino Vino and BrewNation have sponsored the two stalls and it's quite popular with the adults. It makes for a nice centerpiece for that area.

Red Sky has been spruced up a bit. A new fence has been built to protect guests from mysterious flying items from XB-1. Good, I prefer not to be hit in the head by a mini Captain Lockjaw or rogue flip-flop. I am loving these Gulpee billboards by punkpossum!

That seems to be all for now. Thanks for viewing!

Owens Mesa

JC8

Spoiler (hover to show)

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: Owens Mesa - Food & Wine Festival - Padre Springs
« Reply #189 on: December 13, 2018, 09:21 AM »
Padre Springs looks fantastic inside and out!  The blue lights on the palms is an unusual touch but I like how it goes with the rest.  And yay, booze! :).
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #190 on: December 13, 2018, 05:54 PM »
Wow,  you don't post bad pictures do you?  I can't even pick a favorite.  But I love the waterfront stage and the interior on the Emporium.  I'm impressed with the mix of decorative and functional lights inside...  the recessed lights in the ceiling make all the difference.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 13, 2018, 10:27 PM »
I'm going to echo what Bullethead said: The cyan-colored lighting accents on the foliage add a lot of visual excitement to the area. :up:

Owens Mesa - Food & Wine Festival - Wrapping up
« Reply #192 on: February 06, 2019, 09:35 PM »
Welcome to Owens Mesa!

Well everyone, the season is coming to a close soon, and that means the Food & Wine Festival be ending soon. When the park originally released information about the festival they said it would be back every other year, but the few times I was in the park each stall and the booze booths were PACKED. From what I've heard the festival has been a immense success.
With the season coming to a close that means we are one step closer to announcement season! Hopefully the park has been hard at work on new and future additions. Time will tell I guess. On to some pictures.

America!!! Naturally burgers and ribs are sold here.

Kinda empty over at Mexico and Japan. I guess people don't want such things in the late morning hours.
Seems kinda an odd combination to me but oh well.

Again, my favorite area of the park.

Over to get a but sloshed. Hey... Its 5 oClock somewhere.

Maybe a chance to get a little wet too...

And I shall end on a pretty picture of the gorgeous Padre Springs.

Thanks for viewing!

Owens Mesa

JC8

Re: Owens Mesa - Food & Wine Festival - Wrapping up
« Reply #193 on: February 07, 2019, 01:00 PM »
This park is so beautiful. Such an inviting atmosphere.
I think like I live like I work like I love.....voluminous and disjointed. Get used to it.

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 12, 2019, 12:32 PM »
This park just gets better and better. I absolutely love the shot with the Ferris wheel and the dive coaster. Brilliant stuff, sir.

Offline Elch

• Berlin, Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: February 12, 2019, 06:25 PM »
I just took the time and looked at all the pages of this thread.
How did I miss this??
Absolutely amazing work, one of those SGW-Timeline Parks that I can't get enough of.

And that sunset pic a few pages back.... wonderful!