Owens Mesa - Food & Wine Festival - Pt.1

• 187 replies
Owens Mesa - Season 1 - Fanboy Update Pt 2 & XB-1 POV
« Reply #60 on: May 08, 2017, 10:08 AM »

Midway through Season 1, lets go into part two of report mode:

Hello again everyone! Part two of my trip to Owens Mesa. It was SUCH a hot day, so naturally I had to ride Swamp Loggers a few times.

There's no way you're getting off this ride dry.

I tried to get over to ride Specter for a second time but the queue was full to the gills!

Bearded Dragon is by far my favorite family coaster.

Time to go on it again!

I love the La Baux area of the park. Its not as busy as some of the other areas and it has some great food and views.

Working my way back into Escalante, I rode Gunslinger Swing, its pretty much as exciting as any swing ride is.

Anyone want to play a hand?

And this concludes my first trip report to Owens Mesa. I'm so glad to have this caliber of a park right in my home town! See everyone next time!

May I introduce the parks B&M Invert coaster; XB-1 (no correlation between the new supersonic plane concept)

X - Experimental
B - Bioresearch 
1 - First prototype
            (Trademark DelMASS Energy Conglomerate)

Thanks for viewing!

Owens Mesa

JC8

Replies:
Spoiler (hover to show)

Offline mineraljunction

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: Owens Mesa - Season 1 - Fanboy Update Pt 2 + XB-1 POV
« Reply #61 on: May 08, 2017, 11:29 AM »
Wowza that invert really goes for it. I particularly enjoyed the corkscrew into the banked curve before the zero g roll. Love that view of La Baux area with the boat in the background - it's reminding me of Frontier land at Disneyland Paris and  really makes me want to visit this park.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 02:05 PM by mineraljunction »

Re: Owens Mesa - Season 1 - Fanboy Q&A + Construction
« Reply #62 on: May 14, 2017, 06:25 AM »

Hey guys, Mike Smith here! I managed to get a small Q&A with the parks COO! I'm not quite sure why with a COO, but that's who answered my emails!
__
Interview with Owens Mesa COO (Chief Operations Officer)- Liesel Hoover.

First of all I would like to say congratulations with the new park, it seems to be up and running well.
How is everything going so far?

LH- Thank you, its quite and interesting experience watching an idea grow from a seed into an entire theme park. Everything is running smoothly. As any project when it first starts out, it has its fair share of glitches and bumps along the way, but all of us here at Owens Mesa are very pleased with the park; from conception, opening day, till today (almost the end of our first season).

MS- How long did it take to complete Owens Mesa?

LH- From the start of the design phase to opening day was about two-three years ((six months real time)). There were a few hitches on acquiring the land to build the park and the local county zoning board, but everything smoothed out and construction was on-time. As for a completed park? The park will never be completed as long as it stays open, its always an evolving life form so to speak.

MS- Now your parent company is JC8? How have they nurtured the creative process on theme park designing?

LH- They are the creative process! Unfortunately I lack said creative skills. All the design aspects come from the JC8 offices in Dallas, my team and I simply run the park. I have only worked for them for coming up on a year now, and they definitely know how to treat their employees.

MS- What does the future hold for the park? There are reports of construction already taking place.

LH- Although that is not my department I can say a few things. There is a master plan set out over the next six years ((six seasons)) full of new additions to the park. As for the construction? There was one attraction that never made it into the opening day line up due to manufacture delays and budgetary restrictions. Its quite a big one, and we got budget approval about midway through the park's construction, and decided to postpone the groundbreaking. It will open as a Season Two addition.

MS- Thank for for taking the time for this short Q&A, I know you're a busy woman. Hope to see you around the park!

LH- I am always walking around when I'm not in the office! Thanks Mike.
__

As for that construction, I managed to get a picture as I was queuing for Steamers.

See you in the park!!

Owens Mesa

JC8
Spoiler (hover to show)

Offline Future Imagineer

• Disneyologist
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #63 on: May 14, 2017, 08:16 AM »
XB-1 looks amazing. I would definitely ride it in real life!

Overall this park is fantastic. The detail is great, execution is top-notch; it all really comes through in the trip report.
"And here's the tower for originally the PeopleMover, and then the Rocket Jets, and now just a pretty thing to look at. It's not what I really think!" - Tony Baxter

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 14, 2017, 06:32 PM »
Sabash!  That inverted thing is a great ride!  I really enjoyed the video.
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 14, 2017, 11:34 PM »
XB1 looks like one intense roller coaster. Great video. I wonder what the new big attraction will be...
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Re: Owens Mesa - Season 1 - Fanboy Q&A + Construction Quickie 5/15
« Reply #66 on: May 15, 2017, 02:45 PM »
Just a quick update I felt the need to share before I post my last trip report for the season in a few days. Its been only about a week since my last visit to Owens Mesa and the mystery construction seems to be rolling along full steam ahead!

Seems like a warehouse of sorts?

Got a ride on the monorail. The employee at the entrance said the monorail will be closing about a week prior to the end of the season. I see footers out behind The Outlaw!!! Are we looking at a new coaster? Gosh I hope so!
I'm still editing all my pictures from my visit last night, so I'll post the update later this week!
Thanks all!
Mike

Owens Mesa

JC8

Spoiler (hover to show)

Offline Plokoon111

• Darkride Master
    • View Profile
Re: Owens Mesa - Season 1 - Fanboy Q&A + Construction Quickie 5/15
« Reply #67 on: May 15, 2017, 03:43 PM »
Oooh! I enjoyed that steel skeleton construction site! Great update! Can't wait to see what it becomes!  :love:
Wagibear "It is entirely possible that Atari will attend in a different way than as a exhibitor. Someone may park their van outside the Convention Center entrance with a big Atari RCTw banner draped in the front window.  Or maybe Mattlab will dress in a trenchcoat and approuch anyone with a PRESS badge and whisper  "Psst!  Hey, wanna see a new video game?"... "

Re: Owens Mesa - Season 1 - New Attraction Teaser 5/19
« Reply #68 on: May 19, 2017, 02:37 PM »

Live Without Limits
     Spring 2018

Owens Mesa

JC8

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 19, 2017, 05:10 PM »
Live Without Limits
     Spring 2018

Owens Mesa

Whoa...  How'd you conjure up van Gogh's ghost and convince him to paint that for you?  I am so jealous of your necromantic powers :)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Quinn

• Whahaha... No.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 20, 2017, 06:53 AM »
Ooh, live without limits... Does that mean there are no restrains on the coaster trains  :P
Click the banner to visit my thread!

Offline zeroG

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 22, 2017, 03:12 AM »
WOW! I am deeply impressed by this park.
I love everything I see and it´s so inspiring as well to watch your pictures. The area I like the most is the apocalyptic one with the inverted coaster.
The name of the coaster is awesome and so creative and  is only one small hint of the incredible realistic concept of your park. But the greatest thing is the layout...man, I am jealous :-[
It´s really a park world to explore...I am already lost :up:

greetz
zeroG
FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW YOU

Re: Owens Mesa - Season 1 - End of Season
« Reply #72 on: May 22, 2017, 08:29 AM »
Hey guys! As the first season of Owens Mesa comes to a close, I got in on my day off to get the last few pictures until next season.

Naturally I ran over to Escalante to check out the construction progress. do I see a whole other building in the distance?

Construction walls have gone up around the Mesa Express station. I'm assuming this has something to do with the new attraction?

The crane is visible from most of the park. Did I miss the height balloon test?

Not in the mood to get wet this morning, maybe later.

However I am in the mood for some worms and voodoo dolls.

I love this area of the park. In one of the shops they actually sell local artists turquoise jewelry.

Always seems to bottleneck right here. Good for people watching though I guess.

Our good friends at Morphie Gas off in the distance.

I'm so excited to see this area next season with the new attraction (Can we say coaster yet? We all saw that teaser that was published by the park)
Until next season all! Maybe I will be invited to do a winter hard hat tour! One can only wish.

Mike

Owens Mesa

JC8

Replies:
Spoiler (hover to show)

Offline Ruby

• View Profile
Re: Owens Mesa - Season 1 - End of Season
« Reply #73 on: May 22, 2017, 10:49 AM »
Love that shopping street!!!  :love: I wanna go there and buy some jewelry !

Re: Owens Mesa - Some Concept Art
« Reply #74 on: May 26, 2017, 02:13 PM »

Enough said?

Thanks for viewing!

Owens Mesa

JC8
Replies:
Spoiler (hover to show)

Online Nemmie

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 26, 2017, 04:39 PM »
Colour me intrigued.
Haven't we seen that last image before a while ago?
Delos? Is Westworld coming to Owens Mesa? Will it be joined by Romanworld and Medievalworld too? I can't wait.

Offline ImagineerTom

• It all started with a mouse.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 29, 2017, 11:51 AM »
Pretty cool concept art. Looks like a much different style ride for this park. Unexpected, but exciting!  :)

Owens Mesa - Delos: The Maze Announcement!
« Reply #77 on: May 29, 2017, 02:12 PM »

Project 2018 Announcement!
_________

Welcome to the World of Delos. Our hosts are here exclusively for you and your desires. Escalante is our premier destination, offering an immersive experience where the world is at your fingertips. Enjoy the freedom to become what you've always wanted to be. We look forward to serving you.

Explore Delos; the "behind the scenes" operation of Escalante. Each and every character and employee in Escalante is an android, or "Host", programed to entertain and for fill all desires. At Delos, the "Hosts" are created, programed and maintained. Guests wishing to visit the world of Escalante arrive in Delos, given costumes, the ability to be anyone they want and send out into the world. The "Hosts" are unaware they are androids, each with a complex backstory and the ability to think for themselves. They cannot harm a guest...

Or can they?

Hop on board the trains and journey through the halls of Delos. Witness the "Hosts" creation, programing and even what happens when they are decommissioned. A word of warning: some hosts have been exhibiting strange behavior. Incoherent babbling about their "makers" and story lines not in their programing. Hosts suspected of rogue behavior have been decommissioned and put into cold storage. This area is strictly off limits to guests.

Delos: The Maze is an action packed, indoor-outdoor launch coaster, inspired by the hit TV series Westworld. Reach speeds of 74 mph and dive into several adrenaline pumping inversions as you blast your way out of the troublesome "Hosts" destructive paths and into The Maze.

ALSO INTRODUCING

Mesa Gold. An exclusive club strictly for top-tier season passholders. Mesa Gold offers flagship dining, featuring world renowned chefs, and a rooftop bar boasting breathtaking views of Escalante. Dine and drink in elegance. Membership information coming soon.

Thanks for viewing!

Owens Mesa

JC8

Replies:
Spoiler (hover to show)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 06:06 PM by johnycanon8 »

Offline Dazzyls

• *Insert inspiring quote*
    • View Profile
Re: Owens Mesa - Delos: The Maze Announcement!
« Reply #78 on: May 29, 2017, 02:39 PM »
You are so good at making teasers! I want more!  ;D

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: Owens Mesa - Delos: The Maze Announcement!
« Reply #79 on: May 29, 2017, 03:18 PM »
You do teasers as well as you do parks :)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline BlueSpirit

• ~
    • View Profile
Mesa Gold looks nice so far. It fits well with the current style of the park.

Re: Owens Mesa - Delos: The Maze POV
« Reply #81 on: May 30, 2017, 05:05 PM »
Delos - The Maze POV released!

Thanks for viewing!

Owens Mesa

JC8

Offline Dazzyls

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 31, 2017, 09:25 AM »
Amazing ride with a great story and atmosphere! You did a really great job on this one!

Btw, I think windows wants to tell you something (0:20)  ;D

Offline RCT D!

• San Lacrona Beach Resort
    • View Profile
    • Rollercoaster Tycoon D! - YouTube Channel
« Reply #83 on: May 31, 2017, 01:08 PM »
Not bad, I like some effects in the darkride part. The layout is smooth and very funny, well done. Next time you should record by help of the cheat engine, the framerate of the video is very low.

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 31, 2017, 04:57 PM »
Very clever interiors of the Delos-The Maze. Of course, I'm in awe of your Mesa Gold interior. I love me them good interiors. :P
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline Plokoon111

• Darkride Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 31, 2017, 06:05 PM »
Delis the maze was spectacular! I love how it looks and the detail you put into it!  :drool:
Wagibear "It is entirely possible that Atari will attend in a different way than as a exhibitor. Someone may park their van outside the Convention Center entrance with a big Atari RCTw banner draped in the front window.  Or maybe Mattlab will dress in a trenchcoat and approuch anyone with a PRESS badge and whisper  "Psst!  Hey, wanna see a new video game?"... "

Re: Owens Mesa - Delos: The Maze New Full POV 5/31
« Reply #86 on: May 31, 2017, 06:18 PM »
Delos - The Maze    Full POV!
A full length POV has now been released featuring the ride queue and daytime scenes!

Also another photo has been released for Mesa Gold. (which some of you may have seen in 'best pictures")

I've heard some rumors for Mesa Gold:
It will be open to all season passholders, HOWEVER, it is a 5k a year upcharge. From the photos we have seen, the club seems rather adult oriented so I guess the charge is to keep away the youths. Time will tell.

Thanks for viewing!!

Owens Mesa

JC8

Replies:
Spoiler (hover to show)

Owens Mesa - Off Season Droneage
« Reply #87 on: June 06, 2017, 09:00 AM »
Welcome to Owens Mesa!

Just here to drop off some recent acquired aerial drone shots of the park. Not many, but mostly to show off the footprint of the new Delos- The Maze attraction. We haven't really explored the parks "family coaster" Bearded Dragon, so an aerial shot of that was also included. Its a great Vekoma custom Junior Coaster, much larger than their other mass produced models.

Delos has quite the extensive show building, encasing the entire corner of the park. A trained eye can catch Mesa Gold ;)

An overview of the outdoor ride of Delos. I have yet to ride it but it sure looks thrilling!

Thanks for viewing!

Owens Mesa

JC8

Offline _mister_MR_

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: Owens Mesa - Off Season Droneage
« Reply #88 on: June 06, 2017, 09:55 AM »
AMAZING! Great architecture as always. I really like the area surrounding Delos. Keep up the great work!

Offline Dazzyls

• View Profile
Re: Owens Mesa - Off Season Droneage
« Reply #89 on: June 06, 2017, 10:25 AM »
I'm a big sucker for these kind of pictures with the middle in focus and the rest a bit blurry (I have no idea what the official photography term is). Most of all I just really love the look of every coaster interacting with the scenery! It's really nice to see the path interaction of the kiddie coaster with the path and I also really like how Delos is so close to the wooden coaster.
The rockwork facade for the Delos show building is phenominal! Everything just fits really well with each other.