Owens Mesa - Food & Wine Festival - Padre Springs

• 191 replies

Offline matt9537

• View Profile
    • Subscribe to BackwardsProductions
Re: Owens Mesa - Off Season Droneage
« Reply #90 on: June 06, 2017, 11:46 AM »
Whoa this park just keeps giving! The teasers for the new ride were really good and I loved the layout and the theming for Xb-1!
Planet Coaster Tutorials - If you're new to Planet Coaster or an experienced player you'll find something new you can learn! [Updated]
Planet Coaster Blueprint Essentials - Don't start a new project without these!

« Reply #91 on: June 06, 2017, 12:00 PM »
Love the tilt-shift captures

Offline mineraljunction

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 06, 2017, 12:09 PM »
Yeah just want to echo you've done a great job with the tilt shift effect here, so pleasing on the eye and it makes some of the rock work look almost real, or unreal, or something. It looks awesome! Also loving the look of the outdoor Delos layout we can see. Makes me want to know more  :D

Owens Mesa - More Drones-Eye-View
« Reply #93 on: June 07, 2017, 11:20 AM »
Welcome to Owens Mesa

Just a few more areal photos for everyone with the beloved tilt shift effect going on.

Someone was curious about the transition between Pueblo del Rio and the other. Nothing spectacular, but enough distance to create the illusion of walking to another town. It would also seem there is some open land for development...

Shadow Swing seems to be the least popular attraction in the park. My guess would be peeps are distracted by the dive machine and rapids they don't venture any farther beyond. Who knows...

Thanks for viewing! Season Two opening day is fast approaching!

Owens Mesa

JC8

Replies:
Spoiler (hover to show)

Online Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: Owens Mesa - More Drones-Eye-View
« Reply #94 on: June 07, 2017, 11:35 AM »
I THINK that looks really good but I can't be sure due to the blur effects in the pics.  I'm old, my eyes ain't what they used to be, and I'm often seeing double anyway from booze.  I would really rather have un-blurred pics, although if you're doing it for spoiler purposes never mind me ;)
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Montu.

• HL, Highlight
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 07, 2017, 12:41 PM »
Have not seen this until now. Really really like what you've done so far. Excellent coaster layouts and excellent path layouts. It all feels very real, nothing too over the top but everything is very well done. Reminds me of a more themed Knott's.

Offline mb1.0.2

• Keepin' it Classy
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 07, 2017, 01:51 PM »
The tilt shift effect you have going on is so nice. I'm loving seeing the park from the air...helps make sense of it all.

Offline Quinn

• Whahaha... No.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 08, 2017, 06:23 AM »
That's impressive. Great areal pics! For some reason a rapid always looks great from above.  :up:
Click the banner to visit my thread!

Owens Mesa - Season 2 - Fanboy again...
« Reply #98 on: June 12, 2017, 07:58 AM »
Welcome to Owens Mesa

Season Two has officially commenced. Here is Mike Smith with another trip report:

Hey Guys!!! I am so excited to be back in the park with the opening of Delos! Let me just say, the ride is simply awesome!! Im sure all of you saw the POV the park posted, and words cannot describe the complete immersion of the ride! Its such a welcome addition to the park.

I love the facade of the ride. The rock-work flows so well with the rest of Escalante and fits right in. Needless to say, the queue was full all day long. They had to extend it out so they could accommodate more guests. Thank whomever for Priority+.

The station is fairly minimalist compared to the outside, but that's the look they were going for I guess. Clean and modern (with a bit of a dark side).

I love the path interaction with the Mesa Express station. The ride is so quite (aside from the screaming guests)!

The new shiny ride hasn't affected The Outlaws popularity. Still a full and healthy queue.

Ill wrap up this update with a skyline shot, my how a new coaster can change it!
Ill be back soon with more pictures!!
Thanks all!
Mike

Owens Mesa

JC8
(I'll be in London for a week so updates may be slow!)

Replies:
Spoiler (hover to show)

Online Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: Owens Mesa - Season 2 - Fanboy again...
« Reply #99 on: June 12, 2017, 01:16 PM »
Looking good!  Everything seems to fit together very well.
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Offline mb1.0.2

• Keepin' it Classy
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 12, 2017, 06:51 PM »
Love the first and last shot in this update. Beautiful stuff.

Offline RCT D!

• San Lacrona Beach Resort
    • View Profile
    • Rollercoaster Tycoon D! - YouTube Channel
« Reply #101 on: June 13, 2017, 09:51 AM »
I really like the first overview picture. It looks fantastic, the skyline is breath-taking. Well done!

Offline sam_

• I tend to change, that's nature
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 13, 2017, 10:22 PM »
Great park overall. Really enjoyed that entrance shot, but the last was my favorite. Keep up the great work!

Offline Dazzyls

• *Insert inspiring quote*
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 14, 2017, 06:08 AM »
Amazing as always! This has to be one of my favourite projects on the forums. I just don't know what to say!

Except for the fact that you wrote 'quite' instead of 'quiet'  :P

Re: Owens Mesa - Season 2 - Midseason Lull
« Reply #104 on: June 25, 2017, 08:23 AM »
Welcome to Owens Mesa!

Hey everyone, Mike here!! We are halfway through the second season here at the park. I have a few cool pictures to show you, including some cool shots from a nearby cell tower by buddy took for me (with an impressive zoom lens).

In my typical fashion I ran over to Delos first, but naturally at 11am, the queue was already full.

I found this shot on the park's website and thought it was fun. A great part of the ride!

I also noticed some walls up around XB-1. Intriguing...

SR-8 is quite a fun flat ride. It boasts fun views of the area when you're not being flung upsidedown.

I brought my nephew with me on this trip so he wanted to ride the balloons. The one ride in the park I haven't been on before and it wasn't hateful. It has a nice breeze on a hot day.

Another picture I stole from the parks website, a glimpse into Mesa Gold. I am told the club hasn't opened yet though.

So 1 of 2 pictures my friend sent me. Seems to be a land clearing under XB-1 and over to Bearded Dragon.

2 of 2 just shows a nice look into the layout and theming of the Dragon. It packs a punch for a "family coaster"

Thats all for now everyone! If I hear anything about the land clearing and walls that were put up I will let everyone know!! Seeeeeya!

Thanks for viewing!!

Owens Mesa

JC8

Replies:
Spoiler (hover to show)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 09:23 AM by johnycanon8 »

Offline Dazzyls

• View Profile
Re: Owens Mesa - Season 2 - Midseason Lull
« Reply #105 on: June 25, 2017, 12:34 PM »
Instant like, as always with this project! I really like the 2nd picture and the picture of the Mesa Gold club (such a good name btw). The only thing I'm not too sure about is the height of that kiddie coaster. It looks massive! Worlds first Junior Hypercoaster?  :P

You win a prize for catching a mistake (of which I make NONE)! Stay tuned to hear what you have won!

A free ride at Delos?  ;D

Re: Owens Mesa - Season 2 - Atomic Automotive?
« Reply #106 on: July 04, 2017, 10:01 AM »
Welcome to Owens Mesa!

So while exploring the park, I noticed some new teasers going up, as well as a new construction wall.

Some poster ads go up. Atomic Automotive? Never heard of it.

Apparently Morphie is now servicing Atomic.

Steel!! And billboards!! Gotta love new attraction suspense.

Thanks for viewing this short update!

Owens Mesa

JC8

Don't forget to keep tabs on Summer Showdown!

Replies:
Spoiler (hover to show)

Offline Dazzyls

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 04, 2017, 10:19 AM »
As always, instant like! Please don't tell me this is going to be a 50s style post apocalyptic theme, because I love that kind of stuff! I think I'm addicted to this thread!  ;D
I am very interested to see what you'll do with the park next time

Offline ImagineerTom

• It all started with a mouse.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 11, 2017, 06:57 PM »
The tilt shift effect you've done in the last few updates before this one is pretty awesome! Still has to be the best scaled park I've seen in PC.

« Reply #109 on: July 28, 2017, 10:16 AM »

Owens Mesa

JC8

Offline TMH

• Never look back darling, it distracts from the now
    • View Profile
Re: Owens Mesa - Season 2 - Atomic Teaser
« Reply #110 on: July 28, 2017, 01:27 PM »
This whole park feels so real. I'm just catching up, but it's very impressive that you've managed to make a timeline park that is of such high quality.

Owens Mesa - Season 3 - Welcome Back! - Atomic Speedway!
« Reply #111 on: August 29, 2017, 02:46 PM »
Welcome to Owens Mesa

Welcome back to another fun-filled season of Owens Mesa. This season we introduce and cut the ribbon for Atomic Speedway!

Atomic Speedway lets you test drive Atomic Automotive's concept vehicles; powered entirely by nuclear energy!

Venture into the depths of the factory to test your vehicles.

Each vehicle is put through a series of tests.
-Efficiency
-Performance
-Endurance

Fun for the whole family! Just try and let your kids beat you at least once...

Atomic Speedway is a welcomed addition to Owens Mesa.

Elsewhere around the park:

I have heard multiple rumors that Shadow Swing's attendance has never been where the park wants them to be. I have heard both a removal rumor and a revamp. We shall see

Mesa Gold hasn't opened yet. Park officials tell me the original construction permit was denied, and another location in the park had to be found. So, from what it looks like, this is the new home. A inconspicuous sign has been put up!

The rooftop bar awnings can be seen over by the entrance to Escalante. I'm sure the views from up there are spectacular!

This piece of concept art can be found on their website!

I will wrap up this update with a picture of my favorite area of the park.

Thanks for viewing!!

Owens Mesa

Replies:
Spoiler (hover to show)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 01:37 PM by johnycanon8 »

Offline Eaglefan9727

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: Owens Mesa - Season 3 - Welcome Back - Atomic Speedway!
« Reply #112 on: August 30, 2017, 10:19 AM »
This looks good. Looking forward to seeing it on the workshop in the future.

Offline RCT D!

• San Lacrona Beach Resort
    • View Profile
    • Rollercoaster Tycoon D! - YouTube Channel
« Reply #113 on: August 30, 2017, 01:17 PM »
This park is so good, I like the whole atmosphere, it´s unique. The first picture is wonderful, the angle is perfectly captured. Really great job! The indoor scenery is very detailed as well, the bar looks fantastic!

« Reply #114 on: August 30, 2017, 02:25 PM »
I love the speedway, great concept and very well executed... lots of architectural stuff to grab the eye.  Nice subtle homage to TestTrack as well.

As an ambitious homeowner who has been denied numerous permits, I can tell you that the pain is very real.  :)

Offline Remnantboy

• i am awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 30, 2017, 03:17 PM »
Gosh.  Seriously IN LOVE with your sense of realism.  Scale and everything is just so on point.  Also, your interiors make me extremely jealous!  I'm sad I didn't see this sooner!  Can't wait to see more!

Re: Owens Mesa - Season 3 - Season Pass Info
« Reply #116 on: September 03, 2017, 08:35 AM »
Welcome to Owens Mesa!

Just a tiny little update today. Finally here is some details for the parks Season Pass options.

Replies:
Spoiler (hover to show)

Re: Owens Mesa - Season 3 - Season Pass Info
« Reply #117 on: September 25, 2017, 09:58 PM »
Man it's been quite some time since I have commented or been on the forums.  It's so great to see such a talent back at it with a well thought out, very smooth transitioning park.  I went through all the photos as well as the POV's and you've outdone yourself, as per usual.

It felt like old time scrolling through this park and watching it slowly grow and progress.  The small details, like the annual passes are always a touch I admire from your work.

Can't wait to see more man, keep it up!

Re: Owens Mesa - Season 3 - Mid Season Shortcomings
« Reply #118 on: September 26, 2017, 03:01 PM »
Welcome to Owens Mesa!

As we get into mid-late season there isn't much to see/look at that we have not already explored. Let's just take another look into the park.

Glorious morning here! The temperature is great, but I'm sure that will change. I couldn't help but notice the parks entrance area is a bit small and quite poor in the crowd control department. Maybe I should file a complaint.

Once you get past the turnstiles it opens up a bit. But boyyyyyy, it sure can get congested here in the morning when the park opens up. I think we should tell the guests they are jumping ahead a few season with those hats...

Quite possibly my favorite area of the park. Soak up all the atmosphere.
Be warned; the jewelers will price gouge you...

I do not recommend servicing your car here. The prices may seem reasonable but, the employees seem a bit... mutated. SUREEE lets build a gas station near a radioactive plant. SEEMS like a great idea...

Delos was down for a few hours this morning (I feel like I have said that before once or twice). Not the best thing for the most popular attraction in the park. I do love how it skirts the outside of the park yet you can always see the top-hat from all areas of the park.

That's all for now folks.
Thanks for viewing!

Owens Mesa

JC8

Replies:
Spoiler (hover to show)

Re: Owens Mesa - Season 3 - Mid Season Shortcomings
« Reply #119 on: October 03, 2017, 09:41 PM »
The entrance plaza does seem a bit crowded and cramped.  Would love to see it go through a refresh.  I love the gas station for some reason, it really gives me the feeling of a radioactive area where something went very wrong.  I really like the details you've added as far as annual pass updates and dining plans and all that.  Those are the things real parks do everyday to keep their guests happy.