A Strict Rollercoaster Park - Big Update [WIP]

• 6 replies
A Strict Rollercoaster Park - Big Update [WIP]
« on: April 01, 2017, 12:22 PM »

Hey everyone. For those who don't know me, I go by MurphTheEngineer.

I've been playing Rct3 since it came out in 04 and now planet coaster (and of course rct1 & 2 with the expansions). Recently I've been uploading content here and there but nothing like I used to. With work and school going on, it's been tough trying to find time to create roller coasters. Lately I've been setting time side time to play and explore PC and I decided to make a park dedicated to rollercoasters and rollercoasters only. There will be no flat rides of any sort. With this park I plan to bring uniquely​ crafted rollercoasters all with a different atmosphere and theme. I was planning on keeping this a quiet project but I rather bring you guys along and show you how the park is transforming.

So far I only have 2 coasters built and operating. Neither are complete but they're really close to it. The first coaster i started with was the mine train rollercoaster called Pine Hills Creek. Went with the name Pine Hills because there's a neighborhood in Orlando FL. called Pine Hills so why not. Anyway this coaster is themed to look as if you're in remote vegetation rich Creek with an old boat house at the very bottom. You'll find yourself going though alot of rock tunnels, twists & turns and then there's that one 116ft Drop that makes this coaster not so family like anymore. 

The next coaster I started working was completely freehand and I didn't have a set plan or goal. I literally just started pickup up pieces and placing them around and I some how came up with this monster. It's a Dive Machine 314ft above ground with a 298ft first Drop reaching speeds of 93 mph spread out over 4,400+ feet of track. While falling nearly 300ft 90 degrees straight down, there's a monster waiting for you at the bottom! Later on in the ride you actually get to invert right over the creature as you return safely back to the station. I had alot of fun with this ride because I felt I had no restrictions and I just did what I wanted. Here it is,

(Still unnamed)

This is all I have for the most part. I look forward to adding more and more as time goes on. Thanks for checking out this post!

MurphTheEngineer
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 10:14 PM by murphtheengineer »
You're free to create whatever you want.

Re: A Strict Rollercoaster Park [WIP]
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2017, 08:10 AM »
Terrain sculpting and landscaping seem to be your forte... some of those rock formations with the foliage around them are strikingly beautiful.

But that mine train...  um, I'm not riding that.  ;)

Offline CoastersPaul

• Parkitect Hipster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2017, 09:45 AM »
I love how involved the rides are with the terrain. I'd have to agree that the mine train is absolutely insane, but I'd totally ride that if the g-forces wouldn't kill me.

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2017, 08:26 AM »
I love how involved the rides are with the terrain. I'd have to agree that the mine train is absolutely insane, but I'd totally ride that if the g-forces wouldn't kill me.

thanks man! The g forces on this ride are pretty high lol not sure if anyone could actually ride it if it was real. its pulling like 5.

Terrain sculpting and landscaping seem to be your forte... some of those rock formations with the foliage around them are strikingly beautiful.

But that mine train...  um, I'm not riding that.  ;)

thank you for looking at my landscaping, I still feel some spaces need some attention. and with the train lol It's more on the fantasy side then realistic haha

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2017, 10:13 PM »

MAJOR UPDATE
[/size]
[/size]3 new coasters added.
[/size]Giant Inverted Boomerang - Drop 293FT
[/size]Inverted Coaster - Drop 100FT
[/size]Full Throttle Inspired Coaster- Drop 220FT
[/size]
[/size][/font]
[/size][/font]
[/size][/font]
[/size][/font]
[/size][/font]
[/size][/font]
[/size][/font]
[/size][/font]
[/size][/font]
[/size][/font]
[/size][/font]
[/size][/font]
[/size][/font]
[/size][/font]
[/size][/font]
[/size][/font]
[/size][/font]
[/size][/font]
[/size][/font]
[/size][/font]
[/size][/font]
[/size][/font]
[/size][/font]
[/size][/color]
[/size]Video of Park Here[/color]
[/size][/color]

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: A Strict Rollercoaster Park - Big Update [WIP]
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2017, 01:12 PM »
My kind of park--nothing but coasters :)
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Offline CoastersPaul

• Parkitect Hipster
    • View Profile
Re: A Strict Rollercoaster Park - Big Update [WIP]
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2017, 06:15 PM »
You sure love your sweeping curves, but these new ones feel a lot more properly scaled for their type. I'm enjoying seeing the progress!