Dream Gardens Dublin: Beijing

• 41 replies

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: Dream Gardens Dublin: Secret City
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2019, 07:08 PM »
Well, I didn't see the secret unless it's the 2005 cornerstone thing in gold.  Nice Nepali-style pagoda in the background of a few shots, and disturbingly anthropomorphic rock formations :).
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Elch

• Berlin, Germany
    • View Profile
Dream Gardens Dublin: Paris
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2019, 01:39 PM »
31 March 2002
10:30 am

Glad you're still all awake! Let's continue our little preview tour... in Paris!

We're now walking back in the direction of the entrance we came from, and on this route, the first thing you come across is the Grand Carousel with the arc de triomphe. We call this structure "Moulin du Carousel", housing several food stands and restrooms. The arc de triomphe is the entrance gate to our most cosy picnic area in the park.

Of course, the main attraction in Paris is the signature ride of the park: Métro Fou.
As you probably already guessed, you can see the coaster from nearly every part of the park!

The launch is right under the path you currently stand on.

I know you want to ride it now, but you will have plenty of time to do so, towards the end of our event today.

Here, you also have a great view over to Washington:

But Métro Fou isn't the only big ride in Paris, there's something else hidden behind the facades...

to be more specific: beyond the gate behind the fountain. Let's go there!

10.48 am

If Métro Fou is too wild for you, you might prefer scary... ladies and gentlemen:

Hôtel Noir

You have a chance to ride it, later today. First, let me show you our little cosy Pâtisserie:

and of course.. the entrance to Métro Fou, next to the Café Paris.

And this means: now it's time for a coffee break! Grab your preferred hot drink, maybe a cake and a muffin or any of our French specialities, and make yourself comfortable inside - we will meet again in about half an hour, right here at the red flowers.

11:25

I hope you enjoyed your coffee? Let's walk towards the boat house then, and take the ferry to Beijing!

11:34

...and this is where we are getting to next: Beijing!

Please get off the boat everyone, and get ready for the next part of our guided tour.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
Re: Dream Gardens Dublin: Paris
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2019, 03:36 PM »
I like how the arched entrance to Métro Fou looks sort of like a rollercoaster track/hill. Hotel Noir looks like it's going to have an elegant, but eerie feel to it. And that's a really big pastry you have in the window of Café Paris-  I want one of those. :D

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2019, 04:46 PM »
I love the somewhat snarky presentation and names like "Metro Fou":D.  Ça c'est bon, ça.  I always thought the PC mascot Renée Feu should really be Renée Fou :).  Also, the travelogue style.  And the idea of a windmill in the middle of Paris ;).

Some areas could use a bit of finishing with underbrush and terrain airbrushing, though.

-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2019, 04:08 PM »
My word! I just love that shot of Metro Fou coming out from under the path with the carousel. Excellent!

Offline Elch

• Berlin, Germany
    • View Profile
Dream Gardens Dublin: Beijing
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2019, 01:55 PM »
Spoiler (hover to show)

31 March 2002
11:40 am

Welcome to Beijing!
I hope nobody got seasick? We will spend quite a lot of time here in this area, including a lunch break. Right... let's look around this eastern part of the park, are you ready?  :)

The most impressive building in Beijing is the East Entrance, which we have already shown you in the presentation room.

The clock at the top isn't working properly yet, but our technicians will fix them before the grand opening tomorrow.
Let's have a look from the other side:

This is how you enter the park from the other side. There are rumours about a train station being built across the street, but right now we can't deny or confirm anything about that.

Now I have an exclusive surprise for you: Let's get on the 2nd floor of the building - something the normal visitor won't be able to!

To the left, we see the Kathmandu area, and the building right in front of us is the station of the River Cruise that we just used to get here.

And to the right, we can see a flatride, buildings housing gastronomy and souvenir shops, and the station of Dragon Dream. Curious what Dragon Dream is? Dragon Dream is a kiddie coaster, going through a mountain full of fantastic scenery:

The other ride of Beijing is a flat ride called Tái Fung:

12:30 am

And now it's time for a lunch break. We will resume our tour in 1 and a half hours, at 14:00 am, at the  gate on the border to Kathmandu. Feel free to spend some time in town, don't lose your documents that allow you to re-enter the park, and if you would like to try our Asian cuisine, you can also spend your lunch break in the China Snack or the Nightingale Café.

And if you turn around, you can see where we are heading to next: Kathmandu!

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
Re: Dream Gardens Dublin: Beijing
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2019, 02:21 PM »
I love how this park has different themed areas. Each land is has its own, very distinct look. Beijing is my favorite area so far.
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2019, 03:51 PM »
I like the snow-covered mountain for the Dragon Dream coaster. (I'd like to see what the theming is like inside.) And I love the multi-colored roofs in this area; they add a lot of charm and excitement. The second to last pic is my favorite. :up: And in the last screenshot, that's an impressive looking structure on the right.

Offline Elch

• Berlin, Germany
    • View Profile
Dream Gardens Dublin: Kathmandu
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2019, 10:08 AM »
Been a while, about time to resume this project!

Spoiler (hover to show)

31 March 2002
14:00 am

A lunch break can feel like a very long time!
Glad you're all back in time for the afternoon part of our guided tour, in which we now continue to..: Kathmandu!

Let's turn left first, and you'll get to the start of the loop within this area.
Here's the station of Runaway Train, and some of the many intersections of the mine train and the log flume.

We're now near the edge of the park, at the first drop of Tamur River Ride, the log flume. If you turn around...

...you can have a better view at the Runaway Train station.

Two large structures dominate this part of the park, and Kathmandu's main rides pass through both of them.
Here in front of you, there's one which also serves as the station of Tamur River Ride:

And a few meters further, if you turn around again....

...you'll also see the other one. Some of you have already spotted it earlier on this guided tour, and I'm looking forward to getting there soon!

But before we forget it, there's also a third ride in this area: Shakti Shake.

To the right and a bit futher down....

...we're now solving the mystery: The giant structure that some of you already mentioned is housing the last drop of Tamur River Ride.

The bridge to the left connects Kathmandu with Secret City.

As you see, you have a great view on this area from that bridge.
But now it's time to turn around again and move back to Washington for a coffee break.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2019, 06:51 PM »
I like the decorative archway leading into the Kathmandu area. And I love how the Tamur River Ride winds its way around, and through, the temple structures. :)  Oh, and... what the heck is that face on the mountainside?!!?!?! :P

« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2019, 02:25 PM »
just starting to show off my Kathmandu area as well. There are square flags someone made for me that are out on the workshop. While they don't have the traditional symbols on them, they do look much better than the triangle banners.

« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2019, 03:34 PM »
I agree with JB about those eyes on the side of the mountain...  I feel like they're following me...

Fantastic architecture in this update, Elch.