1 (11.1%)
Building
0 (0%)
Statue of Will Wright the owner
2 (22.2%)
Decoration; cause why not
2 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pirate Reef Pier 1965 Opening Day! 11-21-19 Part 6 - Final summer update!

• 208 replies

Offline mineraljunction

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: 1963: 4/25/17 'Going UP!' What is all this racket and noise?
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2017, 07:32 AM »
Colour me intrigued by that wavy window structure in the first picture...and custom supporting an entire woodie? That's gonna require some real patience. Can't wait to see the result!

« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2017, 07:42 AM »
With some of these new cheat codes being announced, fingers crossed recoloring coasters is one of them!!!

Wonderful job, as always. Love that skeletal hand and skull!

Online Plokoon111

• Darkride Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2017, 02:47 PM »

Haha, we got the wooden coasters with their realistic supports and I thought "I'll never have to custom support one of these ever again."   And now I want a white woodie so... yep.

^ Thanks, I know right? I could see them enabling a feature to fix that hopefully! But I don't mind, a long as it works.

Colour me intrigued by that wavy window structure in the first picture...and custom supporting an entire woodie? That's gonna require some real patience. Can't wait to see the result!

^ Thanks mineraljunction! Time will tell! ;)

With some of these new cheat codes being announced, fingers crossed recoloring coasters is one of them!!!

Wonderful job, as always. Love that skeletal hand and skull!

^ I just tried out that cheat code! What a relief, should be very helpful, as I thought the friction was funky. I can't tell you how many times I'd have to make the hill taller for the train to make it back, was funny but frustrating. Thanks! Glad you like the hand! I have to hand it to me, it worked well!

Climbing! February 2nd 1963

Finally it is time to head down and check out the updates for myself. I know much has happened, but after a busy month I will be able to see these additions in person! Hopefully you guys enjoy!

^ The funhouse is taking in an interesting shape on the upper levels, I am intrigued.

^ Still not a clue, what it is!

^ What a site to behold!

^ One more shot before it gets dark! This will become the main attraction on the pier, and I certainly cannot wait to ride it!

More soon!

And again, I can't thank everyone enough for the support so far, its been very inspiring and thoughtful!

Offline PandaCoasters

• The Grinch wearing a mask holding a gun
    • View Profile
    • PandaCoasters' Youtube
Re: 1963: 4/28/17 'Climbing!' Fun House or mystery house?!?
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2017, 03:14 PM »
Do I spot a Noah's Ark? :mad:up:
'I vote that my team makes Trump Land with a big fat wall from Boston's Dams so we can make SSD great again and keep out the illegal normies.'

-me, SSD'16

« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2017, 06:39 PM »
One of the things I love most about this is how you essentially created a new biome. Its so believable!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 06:51 PM by RubleTrillions »

Offline mineraljunction

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2017, 03:34 AM »
Hmm.. it definitely has the appearance of a boat of some kind. Guess we'll have to wait a little longer before we know for sure!

« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2017, 06:18 PM »
Oh yeah! Fantastic idea!

Online Plokoon111

• Darkride Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2017, 12:16 PM »

^ Hmmm...

One of the things I love most about this is how you essentially created a new biome. Its so believable!

^ Thank you so much! Your work is ridiculous by the way! Appreciate the support!

Hmm.. it definitely has the appearance of a boat of some kind. Guess we'll have to wait a little longer before we know for sure!

^ Yeah I love the suspense! haha

Oh yeah! Fantastic idea!

^ Maybe its not a boat?

'Insert construction comment here' February 10th 1963

Well today I got my usual fix, a trio of pictures of more progress!

^ A shot of construction and the chaotic mess of things laying around.

^ Fun house is coming along, more angled walls being put into place.

^ Looks like a possible ship? Intriguing!

More as I get them!

Offline Quinn

• Whahaha... No.
    • View Profile
Re: 1963: 4/30/17 'Insert_construction_comment_here'
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2017, 05:32 AM »
Exciting! Would love to see the end result.  :up:
Click the banner to visit my thread!

Online Plokoon111

• Darkride Master
    • View Profile
Re: 1963: 4/30/17 'Insert_construction_comment_here'
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2017, 03:04 PM »

Exciting! Would love to see the end result.  :up:

^ Thank you Quinn!

'Up Above!' February 22nd 1963

Well more pictures, and I really mean new pictures! Photos with more progress going on, and some sneak peak of rides that have been added!

^ Looks like a station building for a rail road? Looks like its called Silver Bullet! It looks neat, and looks like it goes under the new coaster.

^ Hey look, our friend was able to give us some rare vantage points from the top of the unnamed wooden rollercoaster! I can see various different tracks! One looks like vintage cars?

^ A new ride has arrived, The whip as they call it.

^ Not sure where these shots were taken, perhaps the fun house? Some barrels.

^ Yeah, the fun house seems to be the likely spot. Some dark hallways, as the upper levels are being built.

More later!

Re: 1963: 5/2/17 'Up Above!' Some new rides you say?
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2017, 10:22 PM »
The whip flat ride is so cool!

« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2017, 12:05 AM »
This place is coming together. We'll need a drone soon to get more pictures, sneeeeeaaky!  :facepalm:

I like your story very much and how you put time to set up things for our enjoyment only.

Thanks for building this place, very appreciated.
-Imagination at work!

-We are the PC makers. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile.

Offline SPRidley

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2017, 05:02 AM »
I cant really wait to see what you have planned with the ride.
And the whip looks fantastic!

Offline Ruby

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2017, 05:31 AM »
I have childhood nightmares from those hanging barrels. There's a themepark in Denmark called "Bakken", and it has a "Hurlumhej-hus", bascially a fun house. I used to hate the place so much. And of course, at the end of the house-tour, there's a windmachine blowing wind up. and I remember wearing a dress as a little girl, and having it fly up, cause I didn't know it was there. I will never forget that embarassment  :'(

Everything here is so awesome though. Very titillating  :P . I love how you are actually building construction sites for all the things. So cool. Also, is that Kinderly's whip I'm spotting  ;) ?

« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2017, 07:53 AM »
This kind of park where we follow a story during multiple decades remind me of the golden age of RCT3. I really have pleasure to follow the construction of your park, and you perfectly manage to create an atmosphere !
Warner Movie Worlds
(pardon my french!)

Offline TMH

• Never look back darling, it distracts from the now
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2017, 09:13 AM »
Your "anything can go anywhere" style from RCT3 translates perfectly to Planet Coaster. Love how you're using the pieces.

Online Plokoon111

• Darkride Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2017, 04:17 PM »

The whip flat ride is so cool!
^ Thank you RubleTrillions, credit to Kindery!

This place is coming together. We'll need a drone soon to get more pictures, sneeeeeaaky!  :facepalm:

I like your story very much and how you put time to set up things for our enjoyment only.

Thanks for building this place, very appreciated.

^ Drones didn't exist in the 60's haha! Thank you glad everyone is enjoying the story!

I cant really wait to see what you have planned with the ride.
And the whip looks fantastic!

^ Thanks, this ride is crazy hard to build, but very worth it to me!

I have childhood nightmares from those hanging barrels. There's a themepark in Denmark called "Bakken", and it has a "Hurlumhej-hus", bascially a fun house. I used to hate the place so much. And of course, at the end of the house-tour, there's a windmachine blowing wind up. and I remember wearing a dress as a little girl, and having it fly up, cause I didn't know it was there. I will never forget that embarassment  :'(

Everything here is so awesome though. Very titillating  :P . I love how you are actually building construction sites for all the things. So cool. Also, is that Kinderly's whip I'm spotting  ;) ?

^ I enjoyed your fun house story! I'm 25 years old, so my experiences with classical fun houses are rare since not many classis exist, but I do know what your talking about! You defiantly can't get away building those gags like that these days! Thank you again!

This kind of park where we follow a story during multiple decades remind me of the golden age of RCT3. I really have pleasure to follow the construction of your park, and you perfectly manage to create an atmosphere !

^ Bingo, I enjoy those types of parks. Not that people don't make great parks, but a presentation with no story or functional organization bores me sometimes. I enjoy, when people use suspense, teasers, construction, stories, and edit the pictures to the time frame, it makes it exciting! Glad you like it!

Your "anything can go anywhere" style from RCT3 translates perfectly to Planet Coaster. Love how you're using the pieces.

^ Yeah, well I never understood how people called that a style, I was never aware of that when I build parks, until people say I build a particular way. But yeah planet coaster offers a millions times more possibilities in terms of placement and rotation which is super helpful, but tedious as everyone knows by now.

'Ships Ahoy!' March 1st 1963

Some more pictures came in! And we may now finally figure out what this fun house actually is! Their treasure, eerrr I mean secret can't be hidden any longer!

^ But first, the boring stuff. Well maybe its not boring, by trains for these tracked rides started to arrive. New and sparkly finely polished. This looks like a miniature train ride, named Silver Bullet. It looks like it goes underneath the wooden rollercoaster! And next door, some vintage cars.

^ New pieces of wood are being cut to correct size. Each piece needs to be the right length for this strange fun house exterior.

^ A rare shot of the upper roof level, looks like there is a brief escape outside, and a chain and anchor?

^ The fun house is a giant pirate ship! A name was written on this photograph from my friend Mr. Smith, called K.E.N. Must be the name of the ship? What a cool looking attraction! Should be a huge landmark from the boardwalk!

What do you guys think? Would you walk through it?

Offline TMH

• Never look back darling, it distracts from the now
    • View Profile
Re: 1963: 5/4/17 'Ships Ahoy!' self explanitory...
« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2017, 04:42 PM »
It looks so good!

Oh, and yeah, you definitely have the most distinct style of anyone, IMO (A good thing!)

Offline Mikikiwasha

• Aka. SilentMember
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2017, 05:01 PM »
You have no clue how excited I was reading this update. Seeing the ship and hearing the name "Silver Bullet" just made me so happy. I'm loving the park so far. I can't wait to see more. And thank you for the frequent updates; they make frequenting the forum so enjoyable.

« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2017, 05:22 PM »
I knew what was coming, and it has exceeded my expectations.  Nice job!

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2017, 05:47 PM »
The pirate ship looks great. I can't wait to see what surprises you have in store for the inside.
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2017, 06:26 PM »
This is getting exciting ;)  I tried making a ship ones and trying to get anything to fit well around the compound curves of the hull was such a pain I gave up on it.  You seem to have overcome that problem, though.  Good job!
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Quinn

• Whahaha... No.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2017, 03:49 AM »
Ah, that's fun! I really love how you made that pirate ship. Very Creative!  :)
Click the banner to visit my thread!

Offline SPRidley

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 05, 2017, 05:28 AM »
Man, the time it needs to take to build the story has to be crazy. I freaking love everything you build to "build" the park like if it were real. Incredible stuff.
I see a great piece of crazy theming for the funhouse already with the crazy windows.

Online Plokoon111

• Darkride Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 06, 2017, 07:46 AM »

It looks so good!

Oh, and yeah, you definitely have the most distinct style of anyone, IMO (A good thing!)

^ Thanks! Well I guess I have my own style now haha!

You have no clue how excited I was reading this update. Seeing the ship and hearing the name "Silver Bullet" just made me so happy. I'm loving the park so far. I can't wait to see more. And thank you for the frequent updates; they make frequenting the forum so enjoyable.

I love to see others who remember my old projects, it really means a lot! I spent a lot of time thinking about the details, names, and rides, and how they are going to be. So that is awesome to see! Glad your having a good experience!

I knew what was coming, and it has exceeded my expectations.  Nice job!

^ Man I am bad at tricking people, it didn't work haha!

The pirate ship looks great. I can't wait to see what surprises you have in store for the inside.

^ Plenty, that's for sure!

This is getting exciting ;)  I tried making a ship ones and trying to get anything to fit well around the compound curves of the hull was such a pain I gave up on it.  You seem to have overcome that problem, though.  Good job!

^ It is very hard, I went through a few different experiments, seeing what would work. I tried to use the in game ship, and other pieces, but then realized this way was more flexible, and allowing more room on the inside to work with. Very tedious work, not something that takes a day to do, but weeks!

Ah, that's fun! I really love how you made that pirate ship. Very Creative!  :)

^ Thanks!

Man, the time it needs to take to build the story has to be crazy. I freaking love everything you build to "build" the park like if it were real. Incredible stuff.
I see a great piece of crazy theming for the funhouse already with the crazy windows.

^ The story takes the least amount of time! Its the building part haha, opening up the game with a deep breath, "Here goes, time to work on this."

'Whip it!' March 8th 1963 

Time for a personal tour! Somehow, they allowed me to actually take a walk around and take only a few pictures. They weren't answering my questions, that's for sure. I asked, what the heck is this pier called. They weren't allowed to say. They won't budge, but why? I'm a good source of free advertising in exchange for a free look in. But I will have to wait just like the other people who will fill up these boards in a few months...

I did learn a few pieces of information. The park is owned by a man named Will Wright, and the head of construction and management is Robert Plant. I saw a glimpse of Robert, but he looked serious, and concerned about progress. I heard him ask about why the interior of the Silver Bullet train ride wasn't even finished yet.

^ With signage going up, the roller coaster has a new name! The Meteor! The station is cleverly faced towards the boardwalk for patrons to see the large signage.

^ The vintage car ride, unnamed so far, is adjoined to the Silver Bullet Station. A unique solution for tight space. Roof doesn't seem to be done yet.

^ They also seemed to be testing lights today, the whip was retrofitted with a roof and fancy bright lights, again facing only the boardwalk, for good advertising it seems.

^ The Pirate Ship, which I will call it, has more progress, painted also. Some more detail added, yet that back building has yet to be finished with any siding yet. I wonder why? And I must say this fun house is massive, multi story!

^ John Smith told me this is the park's proudest attraction, Bill Tracy a amusement park display artist helped design the interior and parts of the exterior.

Creator's Note: Thank you everyone as always! These rides are taking a long time to do, but I am excited! I am glad to finally be able to show you the rides as they are finally being finished, instead of just studs and duds. As I said the Pirate Ship was a pain in my rear, it took 3 different approaches to figure out which one would look right and fit right. Everything was sort of layed out on a grid using beams, and I figured out how much space I had to get the angles right with the windows, which work great for the boats outside! I did do these off the map, and then saved them as blue prints and placed it carefully. Then I used a queue path and figured out how I could move around inside the ship to work with a layout. I am proud of it so far, and its going to be fun working on those other rides  ;) .

Offline PandaCoasters

• The Grinch wearing a mask holding a gun
    • View Profile
    • PandaCoasters' Youtube
Re: 1963: 5/6/17 'Whip It!' And finally some more details?
« Reply #55 on: May 06, 2017, 08:47 AM »
Now that is what I call craftsmanship ;)

Love the design of the pirate ship, knowing your work I can't wait to see what other sets you have planned for the funhouse!
'I vote that my team makes Trump Land with a big fat wall from Boston's Dams so we can make SSD great again and keep out the illegal normies.'

-me, SSD'16

« Reply #56 on: May 06, 2017, 10:06 AM »
I was thinking about doing a funhouse but can't decide if I want to mess with the inside or not, so now I'm anxiously awaiting this with baited breath.  Do you have a way to make peeps go inside?

And is that a custom ferris wheel next to The Whip?   :w00t:

Offline mineraljunction

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 06, 2017, 10:12 AM »
Ooooh it's coming along! Can't wait to see inside that fun house when it's finished. And that looks like a little ferris wheel of some kind that's popped up there as well...

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 06, 2017, 11:32 AM »
This looks wonderful!  Great job on the ship!  LOVE the skull entrance!

Online Plokoon111

• Darkride Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 09, 2017, 03:42 PM »

Now that is what I call craftsmanship ;)

Love the design of the pirate ship, knowing your work I can't wait to see what other sets you have planned for the funhouse!

^ Thanks, I laughed. (Sort of) There will be lots of neat things to show you!

I was thinking about doing a funhouse but can't decide if I want to mess with the inside or not, so now I'm anxiously awaiting this with baited breath.  Do you have a way to make peeps go inside?

And is that a custom ferris wheel next to The Whip?   :w00t:

^ Do it! I love seeing people try fun houses, they are hard but if done right it pays off! Yes I figured out a way to get the peeps to walk through it. More on that in time...

Ooooh it's coming along! Can't wait to see inside that fun house when it's finished. And that looks like a little ferris wheel of some kind that's popped up there as well...

^ Thanks! Yeah the ferris wheel is not mine, I found it in Steam workshop!

This looks wonderful!  Great job on the ship!  LOVE the skull entrance!

^ Thank you! Glad you like it!

'Sailing through!' March 12th 1963

A lot of progress is escalating! That deadline for summer is approaching sooner then they thought apparently. But today I got a few goodies to show off!

^ Sails are going up! And that outside building is finally closed in...

^ A lot of intricant work going on in this ship, that's for shore. (I got catchy jokes too Panda!)

^ A photo from my friend! In black in white, really looks like a post card picture!

^ I really wonder what's inside that outer building, any guesses?

^ I guess this is where the fun house ends.

More later! Its getting exciting! Will we ever find out the name of this park?