1 (11.1%)
Building
0 (0%)
Statue of Will Wright the owner
2 (22.2%)
Decoration; cause why not
2 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pirate Reef Pier 1965 Opening Day! 11-21-19 Part 6 - Final summer update!

• 209 replies

Offline Ruby

• View Profile
Re: 1963: 5/9/17 'Sailing Through!' (...)
« Reply #60 on: May 09, 2017, 04:43 PM »
That funhouse ship looks incredible! Is there going to be an interior? Regardless, the woodwork is so perfect. I've never been to a pier park personally, but this one looks like it's sorta "rugged"-y enough to be that close to saltwater and constant weather changes. This might be one of my top parks, if not the top park for me, here on sgw  :D can't wait to see some better pictures! Any clue when the NDA is lifted  ;) ??

Offline mineraljunction

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 10, 2017, 05:40 AM »
Oh heck it's really coming along now! The ship looks so awesome and I love the little door in the side of the rock face - a simple detail that gives the the whole thing an extra touch of realism. I can see a clock in that outer building... no idea what it's for though besides telling the time...?  :D

Offline Plokoon111

• Darkride Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 12, 2017, 04:37 PM »

That funhouse ship looks incredible! Is there going to be an interior? Regardless, the woodwork is so perfect. I've never been to a pier park personally, but this one looks like it's sorta "rugged"-y enough to be that close to saltwater and constant weather changes. This might be one of my top parks, if not the top park for me, here on sgw  :D can't wait to see some better pictures! Any clue when the NDA is lifted  ;) ??

^ Thanks Ruby! Yes there is absolutely an interior, and I am so excited to eventually show everyone! It took a long while. Yeah a lot of buildings, specifically metal gets rusty and dried out from salt air. It presents itself interesting problems and solutions in ocean side cities. Thanks for that by the way, its nice to see you are inspired by this!

Oh heck it's really coming along now! The ship looks so awesome and I love the little door in the side of the rock face - a simple detail that gives the whole thing an extra touch of realism. I can see a clock in that outer building... no idea what it's for though besides telling the time...?  :D

^ Thanks mineral! Of course safety is a top concern with emergency exits, in case of a fire! Yes that clock, was something I hoped no one would see, but oops.

'Phantom Square' March 18th 1963

John of course as always sent some new goodies, and some secret information as well, as the June 1st opening day is approaching!

^ Loop O Plane is one of the newest thrill rides bought for the opening season. John says it cost about 5,000.00$ and is expected to be a big hit, along side with Meteor the other only thrill ride.

^ A shot from a scene where Silver Bullet passes by, and what cliché for a train to stop into what else? A old western ghost town, called Phantom Square. A small town tucked underneath Meteor somehow! Apparently there are little themed towns along the train, and a planned indoor section!

^ John took this on the lift hill of Meteor. You can get a good picture of how the rides intertwine. The tracked vintage car ride is apparently called, Turnpike! Its a shorter ride, but has a lot of themed areas as well.

^ A front shot, showing newly added advertising which is going to be important if this new pier is going to prosper!

^ I'll end with this. The joint station for Silver Bullet and Turnpike looks like its finally finished.

More updates to come, keep tuned! What are you most excited for?

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
Re: 1963: 5/12/17 'Phantom Square!'
« Reply #63 on: May 13, 2017, 01:10 PM »
Things are starting to shape up and boy do they look good. This is one of the best work-in-progress parks on the forums. And I love the funhouse ship.
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

« Reply #64 on: May 13, 2017, 01:48 PM »
Terrific work! Can't wait to see some POV's!

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 14, 2017, 05:42 PM »
Things are really moving along on the construction project!  I really love the intertwining of the various rides.

And BTW, you have now moved the chronology into my own lifetime by a few days.  So where has this wonderful place been all my life?
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Offline mineraljunction

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 15, 2017, 06:32 AM »
The Phantom Square is so cool! As citytrader says, looking forward to seeing some POVs. And I love that station, something very satisfying about all the red pillars and beams.

Offline Plokoon111

• Darkride Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 15, 2017, 03:58 PM »

Things are starting to shape up and boy do they look good. This is one of the best work-in-progress parks on the forums. And I love the funhouse ship.

^ Thanks Shyguy! That means so much!

Terrific work! Can't wait to see some POV's!

^ I'll see what I can do about that POV.

Things are really moving along on the construction project!  I really love the intertwining of the various rides.

And BTW, you have now moved the chronology into my own lifetime by a few days.  So where has this wonderful place been all my life?

^ Thanks, I love intertwined rides in small space! Its almost a challenge wondering: "Hmm I wonder what I can get away with here!" You've been missing out I'd say!

The Phantom Square is so cool! As citytrader says, looking forward to seeing some POVs. And I love that station, something very satisfying about all the red pillars and beams.

^ The POV train is booking towards me haha. I better not disappoint! Glad you like the station, I messed with different color combinations and I liked that the best, glad you like it!

'Deadlines'  April 5th 1963

Man its been quite some time since we had a update! Good thing my great friend John Smith has some pictures. He says he has been busy running around. The park has been stocking up and making final adjustments and finishes around the pier. The owner Will Wright is always right, or I mean he can't wait for the city and area to finally experience this park of his! The name is STILL not known, and I wonder why? But lets check in on the busy ant like activities shall we?

^ Apparently fences are important, I mean I wonder why?

^ Some supplies are arriving. I don't remember there being a brewery being built around here? And a worker on the roof, probably finishing roof work.

^ I find this photograph fascinating... John told me this fountain was as expensive as the Pirate Ship! Some plants have also arrived, to give the park a tropical feel in such a state as New Jersey Shore.

^ The entrance! Didn't know if there was going to be one, but there is! And this worker seems like he wants to photobomb these pictures, wait what does photo bombing mean? Maybe I'll find that out it 40 years...

^ And to finish off the update, the grand entrance, or ticket booths! What a sight to see! Only a matter of time now folks....

Question of the day:

What rides do you think will do well?

Offline _mister_MR_

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: 1963: 5/15/17 'Deadlines!'
« Reply #68 on: May 15, 2017, 04:47 PM »
This is coming along really great! I love construction/story-line projects, so fun to watch things come together. You've done a great job with the pier vibe. I like the use of the log flume as a fountain, and the coaster for the entrance.

Offline mineraljunction

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 16, 2017, 03:34 PM »
Haha, the worker on the roof made me chuckle. And I love the coaster track pieces as archways at the entrance. So good!

Offline TMH

• Never look back darling, it distracts from the now
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 16, 2017, 03:53 PM »
You used the log flume in this version too!! It feels like a homage to the original...

« Reply #71 on: May 16, 2017, 10:38 PM »
Very nice mix of scenery styles.

Nicely done with that skeleton. I like how it support the ship. That coaster western scene is looking very nice and must best great from on board.

Your share is much appreciated, thanks a lot.

Have a nice day.
-Imagination at work!

-We are the PC makers. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile.

Offline Plokoon111

• Darkride Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 27, 2017, 07:21 PM »

This is coming along really great! I love construction/story-line projects, so fun to watch things come together. You've done a great job with the pier vibe. I like the use of the log flume as a fountain, and the coaster for the entrance.

^ Thank you mister_MR!  Glad you like it so far! Its only going to get better!

Haha, the worker on the roof made me chuckle. And I love the coaster track pieces as archways at the entrance. So good!

^ Thanks! Someone caught that! Always fun to have hidden jokes.

You used the log flume in this version too!! It feels like a homage to the original...

^ Aha, someone remembers. ;) I swear some people remember things I don't even remember!

Very nice mix of scenery styles.

Nicely done with that skeleton. I like how it support the ship. That coaster western scene is looking very nice and must best great from on board.

Your share is much appreciated, thanks a lot.

Have a nice day.

^ Thanks buddy! Enjoying your mall!

1963 Opening Day:

Hmm. Wondering why there hasn't been any updates? Must be something huugge! (Well a week Florida trip, took up a lot of time.)  Yes, it is correct! We have finally made it to the grand opening of _____ Pier! And boy are we excited! Rides have been testing, final preparations, and other important endeavors. Memorial weekend has arrived, and that means I am heading down to the beach, and enjoy the good ol' sunshine, sights and sounds of the newly Atlantic City Boardwalk.

^ Morning has been kind to us so far, weather is cloudy with sun. Excited crowds fill the boards. Sounds can be heard in the distance...

^ But first a quick beach picture! I do know how to dress for the fine lady.

^ Many bystanders were intrigued by the Pirate Ship, some murmurs about that.

^ The Scull almost seems shocked looking as it swallows new victims... I love this this attraction!

^ Lines were sure long, its going to be a big hit!

^ So much to explore, so little time!

^ The Captain pleas a warning about Scull Cave, and to forget about any treasures on the ship's main deck! Do we listen?

^ But first before we venture off this ship, we have to get some energy and eat some grub. Any takers?

^ And if your like me who hated sea weed surprise, best be drinking some good old rum in the bar to wash it down!

^ Being immersed in this ship's atmosphere we get a brief break into reality as we look at the rest of the busy landscape.

^ Being the brave visitors we are sneaking through the Captain's quarters! We may have to walk the plank if he finds out!

^ And the cliff hanger, more parts to come soon!

Appreciate all the wonderful support and patience! Some wonderful cool surprises in store! ;)

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
Re: 1963: 5/27/17: GRAND OPENING! Part 1
« Reply #73 on: May 27, 2017, 11:02 PM »
That pirate ship is so cool. The walk-through reminds me a little bit of Disney's Swiss Family Treehouse (or now Tarzan's Treehouse). Have you shown all of it. Or are there some more surprises lurking within? And is that a custom build ferris wheel I see? :)

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 28, 2017, 05:00 PM »

1963 Opening Day:

Bravo!   :clap: :clap: .  (BH pops champagne and serves drinks all around).  Drink up, me hearties, yo ho!  Congrats on finally reaching this point.  I reckon you built this park 3 times counting all the multiple WIP shots that you then had to tear down and replace with stuff further along in the construction process.  Quite a job!

^ But first a quick beach picture! I do know how to dress for the fine lady.

(wolf whistle) If only I was a bit younger.....  Does she have an older sister? :D

Some wonderful cool surprises in store! ;)

I look forward to them.
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #75 on: May 28, 2017, 07:27 PM »
Each park has it's own side to it, a unique thing.

For this one, that unique is very special as the park itself is good, the story that lead to it is what is making it so one of a kind. The provided background for this place is something of it's own. Very immersive storyline and makes ones wants to know more about it, as it's getting built before our eyes.

Very nice advanced usage of scenery items and your sailship visit is quite orginal.

Very appreciated sharing. Keep up the good work.

Thank you, may love and light shine on you.
-Imagination at work!

-We are the PC makers. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile.

Offline mineraljunction

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 30, 2017, 11:44 AM »
Woo, finally time for opening day! It's been a journey, man. So cool to see the park with people walking around. I love the black & white beach photo and the view from the deck of the ship with the entrance in the background is awesome. And now very intrigued to see what's coming next...

« Reply #77 on: May 30, 2017, 05:47 PM »
Good stuff, congrats on the grand opening!

But the big question remains:  How'd you do it?  I see queue path but no flat ride... is it in the big warehouse next to the ship?

Offline Plokoon111

• Darkride Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 01, 2017, 02:29 PM »

That pirate ship is so cool. The walk-through reminds me a little bit of Disney's Swiss Family Treehouse (or now Tarzan's Treehouse). Have you shown all of it. Or are there some more surprises lurking within? And is that a custom build ferris wheel I see? :)

^ Thank you shyguy! Never seen that ride, but now I'll have to check it out! There are more surprises and room, stay tuned for later updates! Can't give all away, right?

Bullet head, thanks man! Appreciate that, your not old to me! Your young at heart, especially playing this type of computer game, I'd say haha. Sorry no older sister, I'll look out for you. ;)

Each park has it's own side to it, a unique thing.

For this one, that unique is very special as the park itself is good, the story that lead to it is what is making it so one of a kind. The provided background for this place is something of it's own. Very immersive storyline and makes ones wants to know more about it, as it's getting built before our eyes.

Very nice advanced usage of scenery items and your sailship visit is quite orginal.

Very appreciated sharing. Keep up the good work.

Thank you, may love and light shine on you.

^ Thanks, that was a inspiring post to read! I enjoy giving you guys a true real feel, realistic timeline experience. Its fun to do, especially when people enjoy it and follow it! Its a lot better then just showing, heres this. heres a unfinished area I'm making. I try to make it like a TV show, teasing, and rewarding, and engaging. Hopefully that's working well!

Woo, finally time for opening day! It's been a journey, man. So cool to see the park with people walking around. I love the black & white beach photo and the view from the deck of the ship with the entrance in the background is awesome. And now very intrigued to see what's coming next...

^ Thanks, the wait was apparently worth it! You haven't seen nothing yet, that's for sure!

Good stuff, congrats on the grand opening!

But the big question remains:  How'd you do it?  I see queue path but no flat ride... is it in the big warehouse next to the ship?

^ Thank you! And I won't reveal that secret yet, but I figured out a way!

PART 2:

And onwards we go! More to see, and more to experience!

^ The amusement pier also features its own kiddie area for children! The whip, for a fun quick spin. The Small Ferris Wheel offers some views, for those afraid of heights. And of course the Carousel, a classic!

^ I still enjoy looking at this structure!
The lifeguard museum was mobbed with people.

^ Of course we will check out the main attraction soon!

^ The SECRET is out! We finally know the name of this joint! Pirate Reef Pier!

Creator's Note: I know some of you guys knew! For those who don't know, Pirate Reef was a project of mine I started back in 2007 in RCT3, it was my longest and probably most known projects. I never got bored of it, and it was always challenging. A fun fact: I originally didn't want it to look like a boardwalk, making it on a tiny island. And then eventually I gave in, and slowly (Some how, unrealistically) A beach popped up eventually, and it looked like a pier. And also more piers eventually showed up, different competing parks, which was entertaining! Pirate Reef was a project that had many Custom rides, most are inspired by other rides if you research a bit, you will know what they are, and some of my own ideas as always. NOW, I had to bring Pirate reef into the next generation of gaming, like how Shyguy did with Wonder World, or other parks around here this won't be a carbon copy! (Some ideas just aren't practical, and some are now possibly!) I do hope you enjoy the ride!

And here is the old thread with no pictures.

http://rct3-archive.org/archives/t-628039-p-7.html

Here is an old video of Meteor V1: Quite different!

^ Now time to check out the main wooden coaster, The Meteor! New riders, begin the thrilling ride!

^ Going up! The suspense...

^ The ride never appears high, until your actually at the top!
What comes up must...

^ Come down!

^ Nearly surviving the first hill, we go around the back turn!

^ After a few smaller hills, giving the illusion of falling out of your set, onlookers by the Turnpike, are intrigued!

^ After a few more turns the ride is just about done! You have officially survived Meteor!

Next part coming by weekend! Thanks again everyone!

Offline TMH

• Never look back darling, it distracts from the now
    • View Profile
Re: Pirate Reef Pier 1963: 5/27/17: GRAND OPENING! Part 2: Meteor!
« Reply #79 on: June 01, 2017, 02:44 PM »
Wow, that last picture! tight fit. Meteor is great. Glad your staying true to the original and gave it a couple attractions to weave thru its foundations.

Offline Dazzyls

• *Insert inspiring quote*
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 01, 2017, 02:59 PM »
That lifeguard post is amazing! and so is the wooden coaster! Don't really know anything else to say.

« Reply #81 on: June 01, 2017, 04:10 PM »
Recreations from RCT3 into PC always excite me, and this is obviously no exception. I love the true charm you always capture with your seaside-boardwalk projects. Being 20 minutes from OC MD, it brings out a special piece from my childhood!
More please!!!!

« Reply #82 on: June 02, 2017, 07:13 AM »
Ha, you're evil, and you're killing me! ;D  But I will try to be patient, which is so unlike me.

Amazing update, there's so much to see in every picture.  Love the station for Meteor.  This is all giving me even more flashbacks to your RCT3 style of "everything AND the kitchen sink", which means the project is a smashing success.  So glad you brought this park back for us.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 02, 2017, 10:10 AM »
I really like that wooden coaster.  All nice and tangled up, with the classic boardwalk ride look to it.  And I remember that very cool watch tower from way back at the beginning, standing alone and forlorn.  Glad to see it's got some company now ;)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 02, 2017, 11:15 AM »
The new Meteor looks great. I enjoyed the video of the original. Boy have things changed since its RCT3 days.

Offline ImagineerTom

• It all started with a mouse.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 02, 2017, 12:44 PM »
Very believable boardwalk woody. Great attention to detail combined with a realistic layout. Nice work!

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 03, 2017, 05:04 PM »
Omergerd! This is amazing!!!!

Offline Plokoon111

• Darkride Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 04, 2017, 09:09 AM »

Wow, that last picture! tight fit. Meteor is great. Glad your staying true to the original and gave it a couple attractions to weave thru its foundations.

^ Thanks! Its fun seeing how much I can get away with in a small area!

That lifeguard post is amazing! and so is the wooden coaster! Don't really know anything else to say.

^ Thank you Dazzyls!

Recreations from RCT3 into PC always excite me, and this is obviously no exception. I love the true charm you always capture with your seaside-boardwalk projects. Being 20 minutes from OC MD, it brings out a special piece from my childhood!
More please!!!!

^ Thanks johny! Funny you mention Ocean City Maryland, I have been going down there the past 25 years, my parents have a place on 94th st. where the Pyramid Condo is. There are a lot of references from there, you may notice one of those already if you haven't! I'm a big fan of the Haunted House and Pirates Cover in Trimpers Rides, very classic!

Ha, you're evil, and you're killing me! ;D  But I will try to be patient, which is so unlike me.

Amazing update, there's so much to see in every picture.  Love the station for Meteor.  This is all giving me even more flashbacks to your RCT3 style of "everything AND the kitchen sink", which means the project is a smashing success.  So glad you brought this park back for us.

^ That's how you get the ratings! (Joking) Well I try to use what I can, its not as if I'm doing it on purpose really, its just what  I do to paint a picture or create. That means a lot as always!

I really like that wooden coaster.  All nice and tangled up, with the classic boardwalk ride look to it.  And I remember that very cool watch tower from way back at the beginning, standing alone and forlorn.  Glad to see it's got some company now ;)

^ Thanks, totally going for that feel Bullethead! Yeah it has a friend now!  :love:

The new Meteor looks great. I enjoyed the video of the original. Boy have things changed since its RCT3 days.

^ Thank you! I think so too, the old Meteor was a bit lame and small. Though I do remember a huge cult following, and how people were mad at me for demolishing it back in 07'. And yeah I haven't watched that video is god knows how many years, and forgot about it! Its amazing seeing how rct3 is compared to what we have now!

Very believable boardwalk woody. Great attention to detail combined with a realistic layout. Nice work!

^ Thank you! The layout was hard, trying to not take up so much space, and trying the get the damn coaster to make it to the end haha! Took a dozen tweaks!

Omergerd! This is amazing!!!!

^ This means a lot coming from a talented planet coaster builder! Huge fan of your work!

Part 3!
And back to our scheduled program, as promised! More to see!

^ Silver Bullet Train is tucked to the side of Meteor, and it shares a station building to the kiddie car ride called: Turn Pike! Riders get ready for there tame experience!

^ But First we visit Turn Pike, where this kiddie highway goes through many themes of land though out the short journey. First through a castle and then to a nearby village, where a choir can be heard.

^ Silver Bullet meanwhile, has a small hill! (The old silverbullet was just a train ride with none.) Many kids are surprised when they see this hill! Its almost like the preschool to the big kid Meteor. Also noteworthy is the track goes over the beach, giving the feeling you may tip over!

^ After Silver Bullet goes in the darkride section of the ride (Well see this another time!), it comes out bringing us to the past in Phantom Square a western ghost town, best not to stick around here!

^ On to the more ordinary rides, such as tilt a whirl! Very popular today! I love the ride!

^ This picture turned out strange, but it will do. Roll O Plane, is probably one of the more intense rides on the pier! I haven't gone on it yet!

^ Well end this part with a shot of the front of Pirate Reef Pier, looking at the action in place!

Next part next week! (Yes there is a cool surprise coming...)

There's a lot going on for such an early phase.  I really like the filters in the last 2 shots, it sells the timeframe perfectly. Do you have any POV's planned?  Silver Bullet should be a fun one.

Offline mineraljunction

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Wow, I had so much to catch up on here. The white supports on meteor look so awesome. Quite cool watching your old Meteor video and seeing how it's progressed from RCT3 to PC, although I did get possibly spoiled at the end... and I love how the Silver Bullet teeters over the edge of the pier for an extra little bit of "intensity". Great stuff!