Decoration; cause why not
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Pirate Reef Pier 1963: 9/17/19: Odds and Ends; and Hurricane

• 135 replies

Offline Plokoon111

• Darkride Master
    • View Profile

Yay, more WIP pics of actual WIP.  You do that so well.

^ Thank you! I love doing it, even though its quite some work, and problem solving to figure how to translate your ideas into it.

Oh I like the looks of that!!   :up:

^ Wait and see!

These new developments are very intriguing...

^ Thanks, and its just going to get better...

I really appreciate all the time and effort you're putting into this to make it a true story park. I feel that takes SO much more time in Planet Coaster than in RCT3. Everything is looking great and has your signature style to it!

^ You are defiantly right about that. What took a minute to make something in rct3 now can take an hour, if you want to do it right. That is why my updates have been once a week, and also thanks to being busy as well. But the reward is better in Planet because now you can truly realize a potential. Thanks for stopping by!

1963 Fall Construction Update: Is this wood leveled?

Another week and another opportunity to check out on new progress! It may seem repetitive, but to me its never the case! Chilly weather is finally starting to come around, and leaves changing and the landscape of this pier is changing as well.

^ Yes, one of these days they are going to catch me sneaking around. It's worth it! More wood has been added, for whatever it is for...

^ Looks like some strange framework, this studs don't look level to me?!

^ I'm really not entirely sure what this ride is!

^ There obviously is a rhyme and reason for the strange wood work.

^ And finally to end the update, I stumbled upon this rail of some sort bolted to the floor. Reminds me of the rail that the Turn Pike cars ride on. This could be a clue!

Re: Pirate Reef Pier 1963: 7/16/17: Is this wood level?
« Reply #121 on: July 16, 2017, 09:29 AM »
I have no ideas for what it will be... which is fine, because the reveal will be even more exciting!

Offline Plokoon111

• Darkride Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 30, 2017, 12:30 PM »
Hey everyone I'm very sorry for the slow updates lately. It's been a very busy month when it came to working and other projects in my life. By the time I get home I'm too tired to work on this. But I do plan on continuing and updating this as it has been a lot of fun building and the reactions have been very positive and fun to read. So no fear, there will be updates at some point of time. Thank you for your patience as always!

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 30, 2017, 04:40 PM »
Hey everyone I'm very sorry for the slow updates lately.

Don't apologize.  First off, the real world gets in everybody's way.  Second, this is your park---the rest of us are just along for the ride.  It goes at your pace, not ours ;)
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Berlin87

• CEO of Park Eureka
    • View Profile
    • PARK EUREKA
« Reply #124 on: July 31, 2017, 02:48 AM »
Hmmm curious

Offline Plokoon111

• Darkride Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 26, 2017, 05:02 PM »
Just a heads up everyone, the new DLC has me getting the itch to get back into things. Expect an update at some point in the month!

Offline Plokoon111

• Darkride Master
    • View Profile
Re: Pirate Reef Pier 1963: 9/10/19: Is this wood level?
« Reply #126 on: September 10, 2019, 04:55 PM »
1963 Spring Construction Update:

Hello friends; I am writing you today with a new update. It has been a busy fall and winter; as the holidays tend to get in the way for sure! I have even forgotten about the new ride; and have been curious about what Pirate Reef's new attraction could be! So I took the time and I finally drove down to Atlantic City to check it out. And lets just say that progress has been made...

^ Sneaking onto the pier (I didn't get caught!) I couldn't help but notice this new scull addition on the back exit of the Pirate Ship attraction. Its nice to see that they continue to add to existing rides.

^ Here is that new attraction; what ever it is this strange timber fence is blocking our view; I have a feeling its not a construction fence.

^ A closer view; something tropical! Is this a garden of sorts?

^ Jumping onto the pier; this tribal jungle looking building has been built; but what is it for? Is it an entrance to this garden / ride? Only time will tell. This isn't your typical new ride it seems!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello gang! Its been a while! A lot has been going on and honestly I kind of wanted to wait until Planet Coaster had a few more expansions. I was hoping that I would find useful classic flat rides and scenery to use before I tried to make them myself. I have dabbled a bit here and there but I am not like I was when I was in my teens being 27 means a lot of other adult responsibilities, new job, dating girls, and other hobbies like music and being in a band. While Planet Coaster is awesome; it isn't the type of game like RCT3 where I could mess around for an hour and make something fast. Planet Coaster requires a lot of fine tuning, and patience. But then again I do enjoy sharing and creating. I do admire a lot of other parks and creations as well. There are so many talented people making amazing things where I ask myself: "How / where do they find the time!?!" But anyway I thought I would update you guys on what's been going on.

I hope to keep working and building, as there are many ideas and rides I want to make in this story timeline park!

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
Re: Pirate Reef Pier 1963: 9/10/19: Fences, gardens, oh my...
« Reply #127 on: September 10, 2019, 05:40 PM »
It's great to see an update from you. It's only been a little over 2 years since the last one! Hopefully it won't be 2 years until the next.  :P
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

« Reply #128 on: September 11, 2019, 06:21 PM »
Plokoon is back!   I haven't forgotten about this project, glad that you haven't either.  Eagerly awaiting more!!

Offline Twisted

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 12, 2019, 05:21 AM »
Awesome that the park is back!
Love the latest addition, gives a real good pirate vibe (yarrrr)
Looking forward to see more!

Offline Plokoon111

• Darkride Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 12, 2019, 04:42 PM »
It's great to see an update from you. It's only been a little over 2 years since the last one! Hopefully it won't be 2 years until the next.  :P

^Thanks Shyguy! It is good to be back; its been busy for me but I realize how relaxing and fun it is to be a part of this community. Yes it has been a long wait. At least it wasn't as long as the wait between the starwars trilogies? :w00t:

Plokoon is back!   I haven't forgotten about this project, glad that you haven't either.  Eagerly awaiting more!!

^ Thanks for the fanfare! Yes I can't wait to dive back in. I have worked on future attractions for this park here and there. I can't wait for people to check them out!

Awesome that the park is back!
Love the latest addition, gives a real good pirate vibe (yarrrr)
Looking forward to see more!

^ Thanks Twisted! Yes Pirate-y indeed; I didn't think about it that way actually but it makes sense!

1963 Spring Construction Update

Work is continuing onto something new? But for what? Its a bit late for a new ride; but owner Will Wright and Engineer Robert Plant are the masters of suspense...

^ Workers inspect the pole to make sure it is long enough.

^ Here at the scene of the crime: err I mean site. Looks to be above the new attraction building. I heard rumors of a eatery. That sounds outlandish though.

^ Now to the goodies; don't tell anyone! This is secret! Now we know why Will Wright complained about this month's water bill.

^ The station area; unfinished it seems but there seems to be a cave area of this water ride; now we know what that building is for.

^ Even with fake foliage and rocks it really doesn't look like that at all! This jungle looks like a scene in the Amazon!

More soon...

Re: Pirate Reef Pier 1963: 9/12/19: What is up with this pole, poll.
« Reply #131 on: September 13, 2019, 06:23 AM »
That is some fancy fake foliage.  Makes you forget you're on a pier.

Also, I voted for roller coaster because that's just what I want.

Offline Twisted

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 13, 2019, 04:25 PM »
Well i did choose Flume, just because well i like the word flume
I so love jungle settings really wondering whats to expect next

Offline Plokoon111

• Darkride Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 15, 2019, 09:26 AM »
That is some fancy fake foliage.  Makes you forget you're on a pier.

Also, I voted for roller coaster because that's just what I want.

^ Thanks that is exactly the point and illusion I wanted to convey; transporting you to another part of the world while being in New Jersey! Thanks!

Well i did choose Flume, just because well i like the word flume
I so love jungle settings really wondering whats to expect next

^ Haha; well a flume would make sense around in the current timeline, or maybe a old mill? Thanks!

1963 Spring Construction Update: What is going on up there?

The past couple of weeks has been active on the pier. Something new is going up!

^ It seems that the poles are for a new building; but for what type of building?

^ Some decking began being laid down for a sturdy floor.

^ A few days later more framework! These workers aren't messing around. I heard that the plan was to build the ride and building at the same time but permits took way too long for approval of another level up. Darn Atlantic City permits!

^ A picture from another friend of mine; his photographs are better then mine; it really shows the color of this new ride entrance way.

^ Another day or two this is what they have finished so far. The roof is coming along; I tried asking but they weren't allowed to say what this building is.

^ And finally I will leave you with a picture of a new sign they put up on the north side of the pier!

Only a month until opening! We will find out a lot! I am ready for the summer; how about you guys?

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
Re: Pirate Reef Pier 1963: 9/15/19: What is going on up there?
« Reply #134 on: September 15, 2019, 04:05 PM »
So wonderful to see this starting back up!!  Looking amazing!!

Offline Plokoon111

• Darkride Master
    • View Profile
Re: Pirate Reef Pier 1963: 9/15/19: What is going on up there?
« Reply #135 on: Yesterday at 05:23 PM »
So wonderful to see this starting back up!!  Looking amazing!!

^ Hey Fisherman! Its so nice to see your still here! Whats going on with your pier park? I don't want to cause any pier pressure  :n00b: :D ;D ;)

1963 Spring Construction Update: Odds and Ends

As we get closer to opening day; some finishing touches and extra little things are being worked on.

^ A flat bed arrived with some new lighting. A few workers surround and check it out.

^ The lights are most likely being added to the newer pier portions.

^ Speaking of new things; a Merry Mixer has been put together. This is a new ride for this season; I believe it will be called Hurricane.

^ Lastly a picture of the new jungle attraction; looking nice and colorful today.