Poll

What do you think of the new Devil Hotel Darkride?

Atlantic City Boardwalk:1968 Winter Construction Update: 6/1/21: Finishing Up!

• 303 replies

Offline Plokoon111

• Darkride Master
    • View Profile
I think this was Ben Schiff wild mouse coaster.

^ You might be right! Good guess!  :)

1968 Winter Construction Update: A Wild Ride

Hey everyone, another week and more updates to show you guys! The new steel rollercoaster is really coming along. Lets take a peak, shall we?

^ More pieces of track coming along. Its coming into form now, the construction crew is hard at work.

^ A view from the front of the pier.

^ The station is starting to come along.

^ The ride looks pretty wild from the beach.

More soon!

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
I've always liked how the wild mouse (at least the ones I've been on) do those hairpin turns at the top, after climbing the lift hill. Building up speed with each switch-back until you finally enter the chaos of the rest of the track.

Offline zacharyshyguy

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
^ You might be right! Good guess!  :)

Why is that? This did not looked like Schiff Wild Mouse coaster. The Schiff wild mouse coaster looked like this
Zachary Lunsford

Offline Plokoon111

• Darkride Master
    • View Profile
I've always liked how the wild mouse (at least the ones I've been on) do those hairpin turns at the top, after climbing the lift hill. Building up speed with each switch-back until you finally enter the chaos of the rest of the track.

^ Thanks JB, yeah I always loved the thrill of the quick turns at the top. It gives extra anxiety to the rider! It is most certainly a classic as far as I am concerned.

Why is that? This did not looked like Schiff Wild Mouse coaster. The Schiff wild mouse coaster looked like this

^ Well I would say loosely inspired. I wanted to give my own spin to it obviously.

1968 Winter Construction Update: Finishing up

With the summer season coming very soon, I thought I would contribute a few more photographs of the progress on Seaside Pier. The new steel roller coaster is almost complete, lets get a little bit closer!

^ Closer indeed, you can see the backside of this new crazy contraction...

^ Defiantly very modern.

^ Looking north, the station building is almost complete.

^ Of course to our south, some love to Pirate Reef Pier which had their own new attraction they have built this past winter.

^ A mix of old and new. The Pirate Ship and in the distance the new coaster on Seaside Pier can be seen...

Soon enough, summer will be here. Stay tuned for opening day! Thank you everyone...