Buffalo Valley - Update: Some more shops!

• 38 replies

Offline CommandoSanta

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Buffalo Valley - Update: Some more shops!
« on: May 01, 2017, 05:38 PM »
Hey Everybody!

I recently joined this community and I have been looking at all the amazing things people post. This community seems amazing and I look forward to being a part of it finally. I have been meaning to post but I have been nervous. I wanted to make sure what I posted was perfect.

So here it is.

Buffalo Valley has been my baby for a good few months now. If I was playing Planet Coaster, I was spending time working on Buffalo Valley. It has been so much fun recording and starting a youtube channel for it. It has helped me grow as a builder, and as a person. I have met some amazing people on my journey so far. I hope you enjoy what I have to show today.

The Overview:

This is pretty much the main section of my park as it stands today. Some nice boardwalk shops, Boulder Rapids, Mountain Gliders, and a bunch of other things. As you can probably see, I really enjoy working with wood.

Here is the first thing I built for this park.

This right here set the scene for the entire park. This is the park entrance and I really enjoyed how it came out.

This is the final product of the Entrance Area. Included with a train bridge that goes over the path! I really enjoy the overgrown look. Natural setting is very cool to me and fits my vision to the park.

This is directly behind the entrance. The left is a lodge bathroom/info kiosk thing. Really cool looking! I learned a lot of different techniques building it. To the right is The Enterprise spinning ride thing. It raises up over the path and looks really awesome when it is spinning over the park! In the distance is what is up next.

Elma Train Station. One of the coolest things I have built. It has yet to be used because I have not finished where the train goes but I just loved the look of it. It really fits in and helps the theme out!

This right here is Boulder Rapids. This is a River Rapids Ride inspired by Grizzly River Run. I learned so much building this and spend lots of hours working on it. This was also all before the "No collision" update! I had to do some tricks to sink rocks into the side of the "Track" and hide the sides of the "track" as best as I could. Now I have to go back and fix it! haha!

This right here is my Wooden Roller Coaster, Ischua (pronounced Ish-Way). I really wanted a mountain coaster in the style of Boulder Dash and I think it turned out fantastic. I have no photos of the full ride since it is all in the forest. Though I have a POV on my YouTube channel!

This is one of my most recent builds for Buffalo Valley.

It is a Hotel/Lodge right smack dab in the center of the park. There is a full table service restaurant with a balcony that overlooks the lake. There are also two bars with access to outdoor seating/hang out areas! This was fun to build and I really got good with the tools at this point.

Onto the current thing I am working on. It is a suspended coaster that will wind its way in between the trees and streams.

Here is my most current upload for my series if you guys are interested in seeing the build of my suspended coaster.

That is pretty much what I have going on with Buffalo Valley! I have all the builds as time-lapses on my YouTube channel if you are interested in viewing them! I also have some of the buildings that I could on the steam workshop! [/size] Let me know what you think! Thank you so much for reading! More updates to come.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 04:26 PM by CommandoSanta »
Check out my youtube Channel!
https://www.youtube.com/c/CommandoSanta

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: Buffalo Valley
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 05:56 PM »
Glad to see you here, CS!  Your work is one of the main sources I steal ideas from my main inspirations.  I"m sure you'll find this crusty crowd appreciative as they haven't quite yet tarred and feathered me ;)
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Offline cap396

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2017, 05:57 PM »
Great park, and beautiful landscaping!  I love the North American national park feel.

Offline RCT D!

• Creator of Grimestone Mine - The VAULT - Periculum
    • View Profile
    • RCT D! - YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2017, 10:27 AM »
Elma Train station looks fantastic. The building is well integrated as well as the train track itself. The landscape work is wonderful, there are many beautifuk natural areas. The hotel/lodge looks like a realistic one and is very huge but detailed. Nice work!

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2017, 10:41 AM »
No need to be nervous to post here. We're very welcoming to new members. Especially members with such great talent as yourself. This is a beautiful park.

Offline andreizsmart

• 'supercoolsuper'
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2017, 10:45 AM »
Fantastic so far! The rapids turned out great and makes me excited to continue work on my grizzly river run recreation! You shaped the mountain really well. I would recommend sinking some of the taller trees near the peak into the mountain a little bit more to play with forcing the perspective a little bit more. Im loving your buildings as well. They have a great mix of rustic west with hints of alpine.
Initiating power transfer...

Offline matt9537

• View Profile
    • Subscribe to BackwardsProductions
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2017, 11:00 AM »
This is a great park. It feels very complete. I like the foliage and how wild it feels
Planet Coaster Tutorials - If you're new to Planet Coaster or an experienced player you'll find something new you can learn! [Updated]
Planet Coaster Blueprint Essentials - Don't start a new project without these!

Offline Krux

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2017, 12:13 PM »
beautiful! Love the multiple roof styles and building styles in the park, they are all so different but the same, park is very interesting to look at.

Online Plokoon111

• Darkride Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2017, 02:57 PM »
What a wonderful introduction park! That Boulder Rapids mountain, is very well executed! The buildings are well done, and I really get a mountain vibe with this!   :up:

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2017, 05:25 PM »
I know I've already said this on twitter but the Hotel/Lodge is so awesome and the overall aesthetic of the park is fantastic.

Offline CommandoSanta

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2017, 07:52 PM »
Quote Replies!
[spoiler]
Glad to see you here, CS!  Your work is one of the main sources I steal ideas from my main inspirations.  I"m sure you'll find this crusty crowd appreciative as they haven't quite yet tarred and feathered me ;)
Thank you! You can feel free to borrow my ideas any day! :) All my stuff is open source.

Great park, and beautiful landscaping!  I love the North American national park feel.
Thank you so much! Yeah that is what I was trying to go for at first! Where I am from, Western New York State, we have some amazing camping spots in National Forests! Huge inspiration!

Elma Train station looks fantastic. The building is well integrated as well as the train track itself. The landscape work is wonderful, there are many beautifuk natural areas. The hotel/lodge looks like a realistic one and is very huge but detailed. Nice work!
Thank you! Elma train took me a few tries to get right. It really started to click when I started detailing the outside. I got some cool Instagram shots as well for it. The Lodge was also a beast of a build. I have a garden in the back as well. [picture below]

No need to be nervous to post here. We're very welcoming to new members. Especially members with such great talent as yourself. This is a beautiful park.
Thanks shyguy! I appreciate it! I am pretty proud of what I did here but I can always improve! Which is what I hope to do!

Fantastic so far! The rapids turned out great and makes me excited to continue work on my grizzly river run recreation! You shaped the mountain really well. I would recommend sinking some of the taller trees near the peak into the mountain a little bit more to play with forcing the perspective a little bit more. Im loving your buildings as well. They have a great mix of rustic west with hints of alpine.
I have always wanted to go on Grizzly River Run. Ill take your idea about the trees! I have to go back and sink all the rocks into the track now since I built it before the No Collision Update. Cheers!

This is a great park. It feels very complete. I like the foliage and how wild it feels
Thank you! I really enjoy the way I made parts overgrown. It really helps add a sense of depth to certain viewpoints in my opinion.

beautiful! Love the multiple roof styles and building styles in the park, they are all so different but the same, park is very interesting to look at.
I never really noticed that! You are correct. I find roofs to be my weakest link. I am never happy with the way roofs come out sometimes. Thank you for the kind words!

What a wonderful introduction park! That Boulder Rapids mountain, is very well executed! The buildings are well done, and I really get a mountain vibe with this!   :up:

Thank you! I have sunk so many hours into Boulder Rapids! haha. It was very fun!

I know I've already said this on twitter but the Hotel/Lodge is so awesome and the overall aesthetic of the park is fantastic.
Thanks Ruble. I really appreciate it friend! [/spoiler]

Thank you again everyone! I appreciate the kind words!

Here is a few more detail lodge shots.
This is the garden behind the lodge. I wanted something for the people who are staying in the "non-lakeview" rooms to have something pretty to look at as well. So I made a nice tranquil pond/garden which is a romantic place to walk around at night.

This is also the table service balcony restaurant that overlooks the lake.

Here is what I am currently working on. It is the station for the Swinging Coaster. I wanted to play around with something other than wood. So I made a brick building in the style of an older brewery!

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I'll see you with my next big update! Cheers!

Offline Beyondyou

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2017, 08:23 PM »
Been following your youtube channel for a little bit now. Glad to see you on these boards. That brick building is possibly the most realistic thing i've seen in PC. Amazing work!

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2017, 05:48 AM »
This place is great looking.

I will watch the featured video after this comment, but the pictures are very good.

Thank you for sharing.

Have a nice day.
-Imagination at work!

-We are the PC makers. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile.

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2017, 08:05 AM »
A wooden coaster in a forest is always a successful formula. Maybe you should add differents colors in the rockwork in order to have something that look less flat (I don't know if I'm understandable). The brick building looks good !
Warner Movie Worlds
(pardon my french!)

Offline CommandoSanta

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2017, 11:07 AM »
Hey everyone! CS here! Sorry it has been a while since I updated this thread. Been busy and got sick one weekend. Has been pretty crazy. I am finally catching up with everything.

So I left you guys off at the roller coaster and such. Well here is a small update for you.
I wanted to fill in the areas I have been missing due to getting excited about the rollercoaster! So I took a break from the suspended coaster and worked on some more detail.

The first part here is a really nice Food and Drink shop with a seating area to the side.

Next to it is a nice rest spot for you to relax and watch the trains go by. Or also watch the Wooden Roller Coaster make it's way back to the station over the train tracks.

Then we come to another plaza I set up next to the Hotel/Lodge. Still need some detailing but it is a pretty cool place to come hang out or relax before you go back to enjoying the park.

Finally, I added another train station to the Buffalo Valley Railroad. Pretty simple station. I need to detail around it still but I am pretty happy with the way the structure came out. I also am a huge fan of the yellow. I also incorporated a ticket booth into it (which is really a info kiosk).

Here is the most recent timelapse/commentary for what I talked about today! Feel free to check it out and let me know what you guys think!

Have an excellent day everyone! See you in the next update.  :up:

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2017, 09:25 PM »
You're right, those areas do look nice ;)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline AemJaY

• Swiss Coaster builder
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2017, 05:04 AM »
that is a hell awesome park. where did i see it before? o.O i know iam following your work on youtube, cause your steamtrain track work is awesome! great to see your work here! keep us updated!
Streamer and Youtuber from switzerland!
Visit: !twitter! // !Youtube // !Twitch

Offline Celtikaa

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2017, 05:58 AM »
Those natural landscapes and incorporation of coasters are awesome.

Offline _mister_MR_

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2017, 09:20 AM »
So happy you joined SGW! This is such a great community, everyone is very nice. I've been watching this project on YouTube for a while now, so happy to see it here now. I love how natural this park feels. The terraforming is amazing!! The whole thing just feels so real and natural!

Offline Quinn

• Whahaha... No.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2017, 06:42 AM »
Great progress, this area has a very nice feeling to it. I really like the second pic, with the train going under the wooden coaster.
Click the banner to visit my thread!

Offline CommandoSanta

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2017, 01:33 PM »
Thank you for your responses everyone! I greatly appreciate it! You guys are the best.

After some requests I did a, what was supposed to be short, episode where we do a walkthrough of the park. Check it out if you want to get a better idea of the layout and where things are!

« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2017, 02:04 PM »
Simply GORGEOUS!!!
I think like I live like I work like I love.....voluminous and disjointed. Get used to it.

Offline CommandoSanta

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2017, 10:05 AM »
Thanks @LuxDreaming!

After taking a very nice vacation, I have returned.

Behold! Trestle Bridges! My inspiration was Letchworth State Park which is a place I love to go to. It really helped shaped my idea for how I want this scene to look. This area is only accessible from the train (as a scenic view) or by riding the suspended roller coaster. Very quiet. Very tranquil.

Timelapse for those interested!

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2017, 11:33 AM »
Beautiful train bridge ;)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline mb1.0.2

• Keepin' it Classy
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2017, 01:53 PM »
How have I never commented on this thread? You already know my thoughts on your fancy choo-choo bridge. I choo-choo-approve!

...but seriously, this is a great park. I'm a sucker for rustic themes and this is a great example of that.

Offline CommandoSanta

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2017, 08:00 PM »
How have I never commented on this thread? You already know my thoughts on your fancy choo-choo bridge. I choo-choo-approve!

...but seriously, this is a great park. I'm a sucker for rustic themes and this is a great example of that.
Thanks bro! I really appreciate it! I am glad you like it.

Beautiful train bridge ;)
Thanks Bullethead! :D

Anywho, Spent some 3 more hours on some extra trees and shrubs today..

Offline AemJaY

• Swiss Coaster builder
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2017, 02:10 AM »
woohey he has another update! Great looking scenerie! definitily like that style! looks definitly naturaly!
Streamer and Youtuber from switzerland!
Visit: !twitter! // !Youtube // !Twitch

« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2017, 09:33 AM »
Absolutely agree that the train bridge is astounding, but the realism of the terrain on both sides of it deserves equal attention.  Nice work.

Offline mb1.0.2

• Keepin' it Classy
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2017, 09:58 AM »
Dat stone staircase, tho. That's awesome.

Offline TD4

• Dutch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2017, 02:45 PM »
The landscaping and foliage is fantastic, that's some dedication. I really like the look of your park.