Atlas: Release

• 47 replies

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: Atlas: Where worlds collide [WIP] Picture heavy update (6/3)
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2017, 05:11 PM »
Thank you, I have definitely used some of your stuff for inspiration before and the trees are below. I may upload the WIP park to the workshop after I finish the next land.

Wow, I'm quite flattered.  I've never considered my stuff but pale shadows of things like this :)]

BTW, thanks for the trees. I'll be stealing that idea for sure.
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Mr. E

• I tried.
    • View Profile
Re: Atlas: Where worlds collide [WIP] Picture heavy update (6/3)
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2017, 02:43 PM »

Thanks for the support guys.
I skipped a few lands in order to work on this land. The idea of the area is what started this whole park. Everything else was for this land. Teaser even though it is very obvious what is there.

Offline _mister_MR_

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: Atlas: Where worlds collide [WIP] Teaser
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2017, 03:14 PM »
That Asia zone is amazing!! If feels so fantasy yet real at the same time. The custom trees and buildings are just fantastic. As for colors I would recommend red track with yellow supports or maybe yellow track with red supports. The teaser looks good, can't wait to see!!

Offline Quinn

• Whahaha... No.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2017, 06:10 AM »
That last pic looks very mysterious... Curious to see what's next. I love the other areas so far.  :)
Click the banner to visit my thread!

Offline Mr. E

• I tried.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2017, 10:25 PM »
Update 3.5 One step back two steps forward

I was on vacation for three weeks and no work got done, and when I got back I realized that the castle area I was building was not what I wanted, so I scrapped it, deleted, gone forever. However I have been getting back into the park the last week and have got a lot of work done, but I get bored so several lands are WIP but none are done. I have done a few things that are good enough to show off however. A haunted mansion, part of an alpine area, and a small pirate area have been in the works.

The haunted mansion is something that I've wanted to do for a while now but with all the really awesome ones recently, (ex Deladysigner's and the one by BlueSpirit) I wanted to do one that looked different from all the others in planet coaster. I drew heave inspiration from the Disney World haunted mansion and I think it turned out pretty well. I sat down and did the whole building and foliage in about 5-6 hours and it's one of the buildings I am most proud of.

The height of the Castle area named Eden before it was scrapped.

A nice view of the coaster going into the alpine area.

The mansion, the building in the park that has taken the longest.

Edit:

The foliage an lights have gone in as well as audio(forgot this image and the next originally)

The castle at night

That's all for today, I should be finishing up the two/three areas soonish and then I can start of the final land. Sorry if today's update seemed a little rushed, I've been super busy lately and I have to get back to real life stuff. :down:
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 11:02 AM by Mr. E »

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: Atlas: Where worlds collide [WIP] One step back two steps forward
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2017, 12:46 PM »
Very nice mansion!  Love the steps out front :)

So is that big domed thing in the 1st pic what you deleted, even though you gave a spoiler of it last time?  Wow, that was an amazing thing, but the Coaster Gods do demand sacrifice ;)
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Dazzyls

• *Insert inspiring quote*
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2017, 03:52 PM »
Love the new haunted house! That night shot is amazing!  ;D

Offline Future Imagineer

• Disneyologist
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2017, 07:44 PM »
That mansion is great. Beautiful landscaping, beautiful lighting, it's all fantastic! :)
"And here's the tower for originally the PeopleMover, and then the Rocket Jets, and now just a pretty thing to look at. It's not what I really think!" - Tony Baxter

Offline mb1.0.2

• Keepin' it Classy
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2017, 12:21 PM »
Really love that mansion and the surrounding landscape! The influence and inspiration is clear, but it's still uniquely your own. Nice job.

Offline seeker939

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2017, 03:57 PM »
That mansion looks awesome! And your landscaping/gardening skills really bring the scene together.

I don't like the lighting though. (All the colors are a bit much for my taste, I'd try and make it more subtle.)

« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2017, 05:08 PM »
Wow, what a difference a little bit of editing and camera angle can make... I wasn't too keen on the mansion in the first shot, but you totally pulled it off by the end.  The retaining wall and the trees really brought it all back into scale.  Nice!

Offline Mr. E

• I tried.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2017, 08:27 PM »
[removed]
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 08:34 AM by Mr. E »

Offline Mr. E

• I tried.
    • View Profile
Re: Atlas: Pirates Bay and Grand Plans with a Potato
« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2017, 09:20 AM »
Update 4 Pt 1: Pirates Bay

So I know I've been gone for a while, I really lost interest in this and ran out of inspiration. I really wanted to keep this a high detail top notch park and things were just not coming together. That being said I eventually finished a pirates area and a darkride. The area kinda falls flat for me because it doesn't have the wow factor of the other lands but I didn't really know what to do with it.

To begin, an overview of the area

The major food area/restaurant

A little backstage for those who like that kind of stuff

Shipwreck swing as it sits over the water

Kraken, a roctopus flat

The octopus statue found a new home

The queue to the darkride

The darkride station which turned out simpler than hoped because my computer was dying and the darkride had to be built on a part budget.

Update Pt 2: WIP Alpine Area and other miscellaneous changes

This area was actually the first to be worked on after the Asia area and before the Haunted Mansion but never really made it to fruition. The wooden coaster Legende ended up being much more popular than anticipated and thus the queue was extended several times. The building seemed to be the biggest struggle for me because they all looked exactly the same. Eventually, after deciding I wasn't getting anywhere I moved on. First I worked on a bunch of sci fi robot creatures and then many failed attempts at a main Weenie for the back of the park and then I built the haunted Mansion before finally building the pirates area and killing my computer.

An overview of the area

Crow, the in game sky fly flat ride

The station and queue for Legende

The hidden part of Legende running through the back woods.

Finally Hex, the last flat ride of the area.

Other Stuff:

Kaiju has been re colored

A fireworks show was built to the song Adventure Coaster and was meant to be put in the middle of the lake on a little themed stage but it never worked because the stage was meant to match the main weenie of the park which was never finished.

All the sci fi robot built for the sci fi area

The final part of the Haunted Mansion queue

The effect that never worked. This was supposed to be a hallway that you went into and as you drove down it all the walls floor and cling would fade to stars and you would float out into space kinda like a twilight zone sort of thing, but alas the timing and loops never worked out and the hallway died.

Update Pt 3: Bad News
With this park being as big as it is with the number of parts that are in it, my potato of a computer can no longer run this. Sadly with this said, I can no longer work on the park. So I have two questions:
1) Should I let this sit on my computer until I can get a new one or should I upload what I have to the workshop and maybe come back to it?
2) Would you guys like to see any individual parts uploaded to the workshop? and if so, what?

If you stayed through all of that props to you, and opinions and comments are greatly appreciated as I am still learning.

Offline Mr. E

• I tried.
    • View Profile
Small Note I will definitely be doing a darkride with the haunted mansion, just maybe separate from the park.

Offline Muserato

• Alvaras wippi!
    • View Profile
So I am thinking that I will eventually  run into the same problem with my main project.  So I had the idea of making a second save where I would save the buildings or maybe even areas as blueprints, then delete the buildings but leaving some kind of marker of where the building originally was.  Then continue with the park being careful not to make any terrain modifications to the cleared areas.  In the future you can put the buildings back in place, when hardware allows.

Offline Mr. E

• I tried.
    • View Profile
Spoiler (hover to show)

Release! The park is now up on the workshop. I don't think it will be finished due to bad frame rates on my potato computer but it was my first park and I would really like some feedback even though it is unfinished

Link

Offline SPRidley

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: Atlas: Release
« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2017, 05:32 AM »
Well, adfo and me can run our park still 25-20fpsm but what we are doing know is building the simple walls on that file to get the sizes of what we want, hen bring those wall to a clean save, build there, then bring the whole blueprint (or blueprints) into the final park.
I thing that is a good way to keep building big parks.

Offline _mister_MR_

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: Atlas: Release
« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2017, 08:36 AM »
Got to explore the park, absolutely amazing!! The park is so rich with color and theming. I think my favorite is the Asian themed area. The architecture is fantastic! The whole zone is so vibrant with the foliage and the coaster just pops with it's color scheme. Love the floating lanterns. I hope to someday see this project develop further.