Mt. Wahnsinn - a B&M Hypercoaster [Onride POV + Cinematics!]

• 8 replies

Offline Dazzyls

• *Insert inspiring quote*
    • View Profile
Ever since the awesome Uthris released a blueprint of the parking lot for a project he's working on, called Alpine Odyssey, I have been working on a B&M hypercoaster, which I slightly based on Silver Star in Europapark. Mostly the fact that they both roar through a parking lot, but also a few elements.

I based the colour scheme of the track on Baron 1898 in the Efteling.

Anyway, it's still really highly WIP, but I decided to post a few pics of it anyway.

And here's an older shot, but I think it just looks really cool. Thanks again to Uthris for uploading the parking lot to the workshop! Link to the episode he built this in and to the workshop page will be in a spoiler beneath this picture.

Spoiler (hover to show)

Thanks for scrolling by and please let me know what you think so far!
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 04:35 AM by Dazzyls »

Offline Berlin87

• CEO of Seven Seas
    • View Profile
    • Seven Seas
Re: Mt. Wahnsinn - a B&M Hypercoaster
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2017, 02:49 AM »
What a beautiful, smooth roller coaster. Standing tall and proud. Really like the parking lot screenshots!!

Offline Loundlim

• aka Julez Bernd
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2017, 05:40 AM »
Apart from the ride itself and the scenery around it I really like the name!Pretty cool if you lnow what it means  :D

Offline Dazzyls

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2017, 12:53 PM »

Replies:

Apart from the ride itself and the scenery around it I really like the name!Pretty cool if you lnow what it means  :D

I'm glad you like it! For the people who don't know what it means, the closest translation I can come up with is "madness"

What a beautiful, smooth roller coaster. Standing tall and proud. Really like the parking lot screenshots!!

Thanks! And again, for that parking lot you'll have to thank Uthris. He did such an awesome job!

Not a whole lot has changed since I posted those screenshots, but I have made a video about how I made it so far and what my plans are with this little project. I hope you like it!  ;D

note: if you don't have time to watch the whole video, there are some cinematic shots at the end.

I did change the logo of the ride a bit: I added a mountain.

Thanks for watching/reading and please let me know what you think!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 12:55 PM by Dazzyls »

Offline matt9537

• View Profile
    • Subscribe to BackwardsProductions
Re: Mt. Wahnsinn - a B&M Hypercoaster [Episode 1]
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2017, 03:26 AM »
This looks like a great coaster! I like how the path goes through the middle of the layout. That'll be pretty exciting with the coaster racing around you!
Planet Coaster Tutorials - If you're new to Planet Coaster or an experienced player you'll find something new you can learn! [Updated]
Planet Coaster Blueprint Essentials - Don't start a new project without these!

Offline Dazzyls

• View Profile
Re: Mt. Wahnsinn - a B&M Hypercoaster [Episode 1]
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2017, 02:58 PM »
Replies:

This looks like a great coaster! I like how the path goes through the middle of the layout. That'll be pretty exciting with the coaster racing around you!
Thanks! I think the path you were talking about isn't really meant to be a path though. Uthris built those paths in his parking lot to be roads. It does have a tiny bit of interaction with the actual queue though, which you might be able to see in this episode.

Episode 2 is out! This episode is mostly about the queue area and A LOT OF FOLIAGE...

Again, there are some cinematics at the end. Please do give me some feedback on the video itself as well. I could still learn a lot and I could use your help with that!  ;D

Also, here are some screenshots of what I built in this episode:

And an overview picture:

I hope you liked it! Please let me know what you think!

Offline matt9537

• View Profile
    • Subscribe to BackwardsProductions
Re: Mt. Wahnsinn - a B&M Hypercoaster [Episode 2: The Queue Area]
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2017, 07:26 AM »
That queue looks nice. I really like the sign too! It's always the little touches that really make a project and these has a lot.
Only thing I'm not so sure about is the colour of the queue sign. I like the sign, but I think it looks too...roady(?). Maybe a white or grey may be more fitting?
Planet Coaster Tutorials - If you're new to Planet Coaster or an experienced player you'll find something new you can learn! [Updated]
Planet Coaster Blueprint Essentials - Don't start a new project without these!

Offline Dazzyls

• View Profile
Mt. Wahnsinn - a B&M Hypercoaster [Episode 3: Station Interior]
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2017, 03:20 PM »
Replies:

That queue looks nice. I really like the sign too! It's always the little touches that really make a project and these has a lot.
Only thing I'm not so sure about is the colour of the queue sign. I like the sign, but I think it looks too...roady(?). Maybe a white or grey may be more fitting?
Thanks! I don't really get what you mean by roady. I guess you're talking about the sign with the mountain in it? Haven't changed it yet in this episode because I didn't really know what you mean, because that one already is grey.

And here is finally the last episode for this project! In a few days I'll upload a POV with some cinematics to end this project and after that I'll obviously start a new one.

As always, here is the timelapse video with me talking about what I'm doing (or trying to do) and about this and future projects in general:

And again, I have some screenies of what I built:

I hope you liked it! Please give me some feedback!  ;D
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 02:58 AM by Dazzyls »

Offline Dazzyls

• View Profile
Mt. Wahnsinn - a B&M Hypercoaster [Onride POV + Cinematics!]
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2017, 04:35 AM »
Finally, I proudly present the onride video of Mt. Wahnsinn, my B&M Hypercoaster, after way more time than it should have taken to build this, but at least I got some experience from it  ;D
I hope you all enjoy and please give me some feedback!