Society Park [Update 56]

• 135 replies
Society Park [Update 56]
« on: June 02, 2017, 06:24 AM »
Welcome to my new project Society Park!

I thought it was time to build another park. This park will be based on the working sector (healthcare, economics, agriculture and technical). Cause who wouldn't want to be reminded of work on their day off ;P

In this part I'll start working on the main entrance building which is still far from done at the end of this part. So not really much to show but it's a start.

And as usual a timelapse:

P.S I'm not really used to the modern style so if you have any references or usefull links then do not hesitate to post them. Thanks!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 03:39 AM by DwarrenIce »

Re: Society Park [Update 1]
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2017, 06:44 AM »
That's a great looking entrance/station.  The white walls feel a little bare compared to all the other details going on (that gorgeous roof canopy!), but I guess that's probably a fundamental element of modern style.

Offline Plokoon111

• Darkride Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2017, 06:57 AM »
That monorail station is so edgy! In love the top the most, with the see through glass!
Wagibear "It is entirely possible that Atari will attend in a different way than as a exhibitor. Someone may park their van outside the Convention Center entrance with a big Atari RCTw banner draped in the front window.  Or maybe Mattlab will dress in a trenchcoat and approuch anyone with a PRESS badge and whisper  "Psst!  Hey, wanna see a new video game?"... "

Offline Dazzyls

• *Insert inspiring quote*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2017, 09:52 AM »
This station looks so cool! I haven't really seen anything like it before. Btw that coaster behind it looks pretty cool as well  :P
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 11:17 AM by Dazzyls »

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2017, 10:18 AM »
That's a wicked cool monorail station!  :up:
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Offline matt9537

• View Profile
    • Subscribe to BackwardsProductions
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2017, 03:08 AM »
That monorail station is incredible!!! So fitting!  :love: :love:
Planet Coaster Tutorials - If you're new to Planet Coaster or an experienced player you'll find something new you can learn! [Updated]
Planet Coaster Blueprint Essentials - Don't start a new project without these!

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2017, 05:24 PM »
It's so good to see you do something different.
Taking yourself out of your comfort zone and doing something you never saw yourself doing is such a healthy, liberating thing. You'll surprise yourself. And I really can't wait to see what happens here.

Offline LoneWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2017, 09:07 PM »
I think you need a large "punch in / punch out" building in front of the monorail, you know, to complete the misery!

Seriously though that is a pretty awesome station, it would be a great place to put the park name on.
Proud Member of: Dutcher's Outer Worldly Network, fun for all and all for fun!

Offline hgm.monkey

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2017, 09:21 PM »
Thats a really sweet idea for the park! also the station is stunning!! :up:

Offline RCT D!

• San Lacrona Beach Resort
    • View Profile
    • Rollercoaster Tycoon D! - YouTube Channel
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2017, 02:04 PM »
Nice station, like it so far. The overhanging roof is very interesting. Perhaps you could add more details and realistic things to the IN the station, I mean where the train stops.

Offline Berlin87

• CEO of Lake Walt
    • View Profile
    • Planet Coaster Fans on Facebook
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2017, 12:01 PM »
Amazing. That station is giving me Dubai vibes. Pure craftmanship!!

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2017, 09:46 AM »
That's a great looking entrance/station.  The white walls feel a little bare compared to all the other details going on (that gorgeous roof canopy!), but I guess that's probably a fundamental element of modern style.

Thank you! Still need to get used to the modern style, you'll see that I've added some detail to the front (not sure about it though, might change it in the future  ;)

That monorail station is so edgy! In love the top the most, with the see through glass!

Thank you I'm glad you like the glass!

This station looks so cool! I haven't really seen anything like it before. Btw that coaster behind it looks pretty cool as well  :P

Thank you and yes that coaster is super cool but you'll have to wait for it  :P  It is the smallest coaster I did in Planet Coaster (yet).

That's a wicked cool monorail station!  :up:

Thank you!

That monorail station is incredible!!! So fitting!  :love: :love:

Thank you, let's hope it'll still fit with this update  ;)

It's so good to see you do something different.
Taking yourself out of your comfort zone and doing something you never saw yourself doing is such a healthy, liberating thing. You'll surprise yourself. And I really can't wait to see what happens here.

Thank you, I've been willing to try this a while. We'll see what happens  ;)

I think you need a large "punch in / punch out" building in front of the monorail, you know, to complete the misery!

Seriously though that is a pretty awesome station, it would be a great place to put the park name on.

The misery in this park will be very present, but it has to lure you in first. Just like your normal day offices :P

Thank you, I've thought about putting the name up there. Haven't done it this time but maybe in the future I will  ;)

Thats a really sweet idea for the park! also the station is stunning!! :up:

Thank you!

Nice station, like it so far. The overhanging roof is very interesting. Perhaps you could add more details and realistic things to the IN the station, I mean where the train stops.

Thank you! I'll will definitely see what I can do with the details on the inside of the station, maybe you have some ideas  ;)  Will detail it in the next update.

Amazing. That station is giving me Dubai vibes. Pure craftmanship!!

Thank you and you gave me the idea to actually look at Dubai for references, so also thank you for that ;)

Update 2

Welcome back eveyone!

Just really short this time around since I've got to run in a couple of minutes. Been working on the front of the park with adding a parking place. Also their is a coffee shop where visitors can get their much needed coffee shot before heading to work.

Online shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
Re: Society Park [Update 2]
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2017, 01:55 PM »
I like those fancy lamp posts.
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline _mister_MR_

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2017, 01:57 PM »
So happy to see another park from you!! Your Elbinea park was one of the projects that got me into Planet Coaster. This is a different style from what I'm used to seeing from you yet it still has that DwarrenIce feel. I'm excited to see this develop.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2017, 10:06 PM »
I really like that fountain / sign.  Looks like a cable-stayed bridge.  And the steel blue monorail in the background reminds me somehow of the original at Disneyland.
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline BlueSpirit

• ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2017, 12:58 AM »
At first I had my doubts about the shape of the station/entrance, but now with all the nature surrounding it, it looks much better. Keep it up!

Re: Society Park [Update 3]
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2017, 09:07 AM »
I like those fancy lamp posts.

They give a sparkling light too  :P

So happy to see another park from you!! Your Elbinea park was one of the projects that got me into Planet Coaster. This is a different style from what I'm used to seeing from you yet it still has that DwarrenIce feel. I'm excited to see this develop.

Thank you it's awesome to hear that Elbinea was one of those projects which got you inspired. And you're right it's a very different style and I'm sure that it'll give me enough trouble  ;)

I really like that fountain / sign.  Looks like a cable-stayed bridge.  And the steel blue monorail in the background reminds me somehow of the original at Disneyland.

Thank you! It was the most modern thing I could come up with (yet) :sweat: The monorail does indeed look allot like the Disney one  :P

At first I had my doubts about the shape of the station/entrance, but now with all the nature surrounding it, it looks much better. Keep it up!

You and me both had those doubts. Good to hear that it has improved  :D

Update 3

Well.. what to say. This has to be the worst update I ever did :sweat:  This time I tried to build a modern looking entrance for the monorail. Needless to say that it has cost me allot of time and I'm not quite sure if I'm happy with it. In this update there is only one building being build, so sorry about that. Anyway we'll see how it looks in the rest of the mainstreet.

Hope you guys will still enjoy ;)

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2017, 09:14 AM »
That is one awesome monorail station!   :up:   I can see how it took a lot of time to do, even after you came up with a design you liked.  Lots of fiddling required to make all those curves ;)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2017, 11:12 AM »
Wow! The monorail station is absolutely incredible! I love seeing the monorails in parks, but yours makes me addicted to it. Well done!  :D

Offline sam_

• I tend to change, that's nature
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2017, 11:19 AM »
That public transportation building is quite interesting but also eye catching. I like the fountain pipe idea in your last area, however, possibly lowering the whole piece 1h into the water bed might make things look a bit more natural. Nonetheless, great work!

Offline _mister_MR_

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2017, 12:02 PM »
AMAZING!! That building looks just stunning. Such an awesome idea and executed well. The detail going into this project is amazing!!

Re: Society Park [Update 4]
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2017, 10:05 AM »
That is one awesome monorail station!   :up:   I can see how it took a lot of time to do, even after you came up with a design you liked.  Lots of fiddling required to make all those curves ;)

It sure was allot of fiddling, I'm glad you like it  ;)

Wow! The monorail station is absolutely incredible! I love seeing the monorails in parks, but yours makes me addicted to it. Well done!  :D

Oh god no! Do I need to call a retreat?  :P  But thank you, I'll try to make some beautifull scenes with it ;)

That public transportation building is quite interesting but also eye catching. I like the fountain pipe idea in your last area, however, possibly lowering the whole piece 1h into the water bed might make things look a bit more natural. Nonetheless, great work!

Glad to hear that it is eye catching and I'll make sure to lower the fountain ;)

AMAZING!! That building looks just stunning. Such an awesome idea and executed well. The detail going into this project is amazing!!

Thank you, allot more detail is yet to come  ;)

Update 4

Well just in time before the next update of planet coaster (hype!!). Here is the 4th part of Society Park. This time I have been building the mainstreet and tried allot to break all the white that was going on. The transition between the public transport building and the gulpee building is a bit sudden, still need to figure out how to deal with that part (or maybe just leave it, I don't know yet).

Anyway here are the picture's:

And the timelapse:

Offline Dazzyls

• *Insert inspiring quote*
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2017, 05:35 PM »
Really nice modern architecture, but it also seems like you've managed to keep your own style while making it modern.
That first building to the right when you enter the park, what is it the exit of? Or is it another thing I'll have to wait for? :P

Offline matt9537

• View Profile
    • Subscribe to BackwardsProductions
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2017, 07:37 AM »
I really love the modern architecture. I'm also seeing a few distinct themes in your architecture - nicely done  :up:
Planet Coaster Tutorials - If you're new to Planet Coaster or an experienced player you'll find something new you can learn! [Updated]
Planet Coaster Blueprint Essentials - Don't start a new project without these!

Offline sam_

• I tend to change, that's nature
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2017, 02:17 AM »
Awesome update! I like how those buildings turned out, nice work on backstage areas as well; quite realistic. Great work, looking forward to more

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2017, 06:17 AM »
I like the new main street architecture.  It reminds me of places such as Santa Fe, NM, where the newer buildings still have a SW thing going on.  Very nice.
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline mb1.0.2

• Keepin' it Classy
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2017, 04:46 PM »
I really love this mainstreet. It's a very unique style. This project is really turning into something special!

Offline AemJaY

• Swiss Coaster builder
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2017, 06:09 AM »
great look so far! show us that yellow coaster you spoilered on that picture :D
Streamer and Youtuber from switzerland!
Visit: !twitter! // !Youtube // !Twitch

Re: Society Park [Update 5]
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2017, 07:50 AM »
Really nice modern architecture, but it also seems like you've managed to keep your own style while making it modern.
That first building to the right when you enter the park, what is it the exit of? Or is it another thing I'll have to wait for? :P

Thank you I try very hard to keep it modern but it gets quite hard because of my normal style xD That first building is the exit of the monorail, nothing special really  ;)

I really love the modern architecture. I'm also seeing a few distinct themes in your architecture - nicely done  :up:

Thank you, we'll see if I can keep the theme going  :P

Awesome update! I like how those buildings turned out, nice work on backstage areas as well; quite realistic. Great work, looking forward to more

Thank you, and the backstage is very important. People need to work in a park that is about work.... xD

I like the new main street architecture.  It reminds me of places such as Santa Fe, NM, where the newer buildings still have a SW thing going on.  Very nice.

Thank you, we'll see if I can keep the modern theme going. Those places are a big help for inspiration  ;)

I really love this mainstreet. It's a very unique style. This project is really turning into something special!

Thank you, let's make sure that we can even make it more special.

great look so far! show us that yellow coaster you spoilered on that picture :D

Thank you and what yellow coaster ??? :whistling:

Update 5

Well this has been quite the week. Despite of SteaMania (firework show I released) I still managed to push out another episode of Society Park!! Anyway in this episode I'm kind of finishing the main street with the corner buildings.

Timelapse:

« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 12:41 PM by DwarrenIce »

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: Society Park [Update 5]
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2017, 09:42 AM »
Yup, you managed to keep that style going.  Good job, too.  And nifty custom windows ;)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page