Society Park [Update 50]

• 120 replies
Re: Society Park [Update 18] + Poll
« Reply #60 on: November 04, 2017, 02:10 AM »
Love those interior shots.

That indoor water feature is clever.  And I like those planters as railings.

I will vote for.... The Factory POV.

I'm loving the new update! Keep up to great work!

As for my vote, I think using a Planet Coaster Soundtrack Fireworkshow would be my vote!

That hospital looks great!

Fort the vote:

1. Firework show in Society Park
2. POV of The Factory

Thank you all! I'm glad you guys liked the hospital so for. All the votes have been counted and the management of Society Park is pleased to announce that preparations for the annivarsary firework show have been initiated.

Update 19

Hello again and welcome back to Society Park. As promised we'll be building the exterior of the hospital. I'm not really happy with the building since it seems a bit repetitive, but so does a normal hospital. I'll keep it the way it is for now since the surroundings will change the scene quite a bit.

You'll also noticed that in the timelapse I tried to build an ambulance, safe to say that it failed, big time xD But in the end I think that it would be a bit to weird to put an ambulance on the roof, so no real losses there.

As always I have some pictures for you:

The timelapse:

Re: Society Park [Update 19]
« Reply #61 on: November 18, 2017, 02:03 AM »

Update 20

So it has been a while since I was making preparations for the Planet coaster Anniversary which you can see here:

But to be going back on Society Park, it's already the 20th episode and we're not nearly done  ::)  I've been bussy on making the place which is at the entrance of Ambulance. Also made a small tribune for the peeps to watch their companions shoot into oblivion.

And the timelapse:

« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 02:08 AM by DwarrenIce »

Offline AemJaY

• Swiss Coaster builder
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Re: Society Park [Update 20]
« Reply #62 on: November 20, 2017, 03:12 AM »
i like the green roof! in switzerland so many buildings in big citys have now green roofs. they do some urban gardening on top, so its perfect for bees and stuff! great idea. so simple but it works!
Streamer and Youtuber from switzerland!
Visit: !twitter! // !Youtube // !Twitch

Offline Future Imagineer

• Disneyologist
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #63 on: November 22, 2017, 11:19 AM »
I agree, I'm really liking the green roof as well!

I'm a bit late to the party, but I've been browsing through this park and in it looks great. I like what I see. :)
"And here's the tower for originally the PeopleMover, and then the Rocket Jets, and now just a pretty thing to look at. It's not what I really think!" - Tony Baxter

« Reply #64 on: November 24, 2017, 11:32 AM »
i like the green roof! in switzerland so many buildings in big citys have now green roofs. they do some urban gardening on top, so its perfect for bees and stuff! great idea. so simple but it works!

Thank you! I'm glad you noticed it! Yes, they do it for an increasement in natural habitat. My study actually included learning about this. The main reason for the green roofs is to supress the increased temperature that is caused by the city (concrete and asphalt). Adding more green decreases the temperature. Putting my nerd things aside, I thought that it was a good thing to add in the Health area.

I agree, I'm really liking the green roof as well!

I'm a bit late to the party, but I've been browsing through this park and in it looks great. I like what I see. :)

Thank you! And welcome to the thread , better late then never :P

Update 21

Welcome back! This time around I've been building the structure of the Ambulance. Yes, the new Zenith which came with the update would have saved me the trouble but the thing is that I would have to replace the whole coaster and the station is too small to make a proper "Zenith" train.

Also I've been giving the art pieces a try by building two freefall towers against the structure, as seen at Kingda Ka. I'm eager to hear what you guys think:

And the timelapse:

Re: Society Park [Update 21]
« Reply #65 on: December 01, 2017, 11:16 AM »
Update 22[/color][/size]

Hello fellow planet coaster lovers! Welcome back to another update of Society Park. This is kind off a messy update since I'm kind of all over the place (next one will be even worse :sweat: ). But I did make a picknick area where peeps can sit down and enjoy the Hospital atmosphere :P 

Furthermore I worked on placing allot of foilage to complete the Ambulance surroundings. Did think about adding more scenery pieces around the coaster but since my fps is already at a terrible level I decided to just go with nature. Think it looks a bit better to :whistling:

And as usual the timelapse, with the next update I'll try something new with the template of the timelapse. Didn't have enough time to try out some things this week  :whistling:

Thank you for tuning in and till next time!

Re: Society Park [Update 22]
« Reply #66 on: December 08, 2017, 07:34 AM »
Update 23

Welcome back to Society Park! This week we'll be theming a river, 2 flatrides and 3 bridges.

Also I tried something new with the speedbuild movie, so don't hesitate to tell me what you think!

And the timelapse:

Re: Society Park [Update 23]
« Reply #67 on: December 16, 2017, 07:14 AM »
Update 24

Welcome back to Society Park. In this update we'll be working filling up some gaps by theming 2 staff buildings and also finally continue on the entrance of the Health region.

As always here are the pictures and you can find the speedbuild at the end. Keep in mind to turn on the subtitles to see the commentary.

And the timelapse:

Re: Society Park [Update 24]
« Reply #68 on: December 22, 2017, 05:40 AM »
Update 25

Wow just in time for christmas with the next update of Society Park. This time around we'll be closing up the backstage area and start working on a new flatride.

And offcourse the timelapse:

Happy Holidays and see you next week in the last episode of 2017

P.S turn on subtitles for commentary!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 03:23 PM by shyguy »

Re: Society Park [Update 25]
« Reply #69 on: December 30, 2017, 04:02 AM »
Update 26

Welcome back to the last update of 2017!! Just in time though :sweat:

In this episode we'll be continueing our work on the theming of the newest flatride Psych's Ward. The interior will be finished and we'll start on the exterior of this bulky building.

And the timelapse:

Thank you for an amazing 2017 and I hope to see you again in 2018! Have a great New Year!

Re: Society Park [Update 26]
« Reply #70 on: January 05, 2018, 07:45 AM »
Update 27

Happy New Year everybody!!!!!

I'm glad you've all found you're way back to Society Park in 2018. I unfortunatly did nothing special for the holiday season but I do have a new update including some new music.

I'm very curious what you guys think of the progress and the music.

And the timelapse:

Re: Society Park [Update 27]
« Reply #71 on: January 11, 2018, 12:53 PM »
Update 28

Wow we're getting close to the 30th episode these days! The update is a day early but that is because I'm celebrating my 23rd birthday on Saturday (13th of January). I've got a little birthday project that I'll kick-off Saturday so make sure to keep an eye out on the forum (coaster section). Hence why Society Park is a bit earlier ;)

Anyway in this update we're theming a freshly added junior coaster. We'll even finish theming it making the whole Health Area complete!!! Next up is the transition from this area to the other area! Let's get to the good stuff:

The Timelapse

Make sure to keep an eye out this Saturday, this project will at least be a comparison of Tower of Babel.. maybe even better ;)

Re: Society Park [Update 28]
« Reply #72 on: January 19, 2018, 12:02 AM »
Update 29

Hello everyone and welcome back to Society Park AND a new area in the park. I know I should be doing the transistional area from healthcare to agriculture first but I figured that I could do the station first to actually see where I'm going with this area.

Unfortunately I didn't manage to finishe the station in time but it does give a good look at some of the finished parts.

And the timelapse:

Re: Society Park [Update 30 + POV]
« Reply #73 on: January 26, 2018, 08:49 AM »
Update 30!

Well... here we are... update 30. We've been going on for quite a while now and we're just about halfway through.

This episode is rather short since I finished the farm station and added a small little monument. I didn't want to start on something new in this episode so that'll be in the next.

I have a little surprise for you at the end of the timelapse because it is the 30th episode of Society Park. A pov of a new wooden coaster!!! Footage quality kind of sucks but it is the best my pc can handle..

The timelapse:

Offline Berlin87

• Park Lunamoon
    • View Profile
    • Planet Coaster Fans on Facebook
Re: Society Park [Update 30+POV]
« Reply #74 on: January 28, 2018, 03:41 AM »
One really feels the love and dedication you pour into this park. Keep it up, it looks great

Re: Society Park [Update 30+POV]
« Reply #75 on: February 02, 2018, 07:08 AM »
One really feels the love and dedication you pour into this park. Keep it up, it looks great

Thank you, I appreciate that ;)

Update 31

Welcome back to Society Park

This episode we'll start theming the station of the new (Nameless) wooden roller coaster which has been placed in the new area. For this station I wanted to build the queue underneath the station itself. It did work out quite nicely but it also prevented me from finishing the station in one episode :/

But the front facade is as good as finished...

And the timelapse:

Re: Society Park [Update 31]
« Reply #76 on: February 16, 2018, 03:10 AM »
Update 32

Well after 2 weeks here it finally is! Another update of Society Park.

In this episode we'll finish up the station (aside from some detailing) and doing some repair works to the coaster track. I hope to be able to finish up the entire coaster in the next update.

However this coaster still doesn't have a name and I really can't come up with one at the moment. Any suggestions??

Re: Society Park [Update 32]
« Reply #77 on: February 24, 2018, 02:28 AM »
Update 33

Hello everybody, here we are again with a new update of Society Park.

In this episode we'll continue on the nameless wooden coaster and actually be able to finishing it up  :w00t:

So without further hesitation here are the pictures and offcourse the timelapse at the end.

Current overview of the park:

And the timelapse with some ultra laggy cinematics. I'm sorry about that but I didn't have enough time at my hands to rerecord it so bear with me for this one :D

Offline CoasterCad

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: Society Park [Update 33]
« Reply #78 on: February 24, 2018, 05:43 AM »
Great details. Love the measuring pole. The station is really well done.

Re: Society Park [Update 33]
« Reply #79 on: March 09, 2018, 07:28 AM »
Great details. Love the measuring pole. The station is really well done.

Thank you, the measuring pole is just an easy and small detail that it actually makes come together more so I'm glad you like it!

Update 34

Well after recalibrating my pc from the attack of the water witch last week (see the other thread ;)) I've managed to work a bit on Society Park.

This episode I wanted to build a simple entrance from the heart of the park to the agricultural section. In the coming weeks I want to also build the entrance from the Health section and tie the entire section together. From there on we'll continue on theming the rides that you've probably already seen in the background.

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
Re: Society Park [Update 34]
« Reply #80 on: March 17, 2018, 01:50 PM »
This park is really cool and I feel that last screenshot is very beautiful (much like the rest of the park). I love the theming of each of the areas overall and I feel like this park is going to be very popular in the long run. Some attractions will have long queues, so I hope you have Priority Pass available. Good work!

Offline Tim_K

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 22, 2018, 02:43 AM »
I've been seeing this park pop-up many times now and each time I'm just as curious to see what you've added next!
It's just such a unique concept to take a mundane subject matter like our daily lives in the society and subsequently create some of the most original rides I've ever seen in PlanCo.
My favourite ride is probably The Balance for its beautiful layout and centralized position in the park.

Looking forward to seeing some of your next updates!  :)

« Reply #82 on: March 23, 2018, 11:34 AM »
This park is really cool and I feel that last screenshot is very beautiful (much like the rest of the park). I love the theming of each of the areas overall and I feel like this park is going to be very popular in the long run. Some attractions will have long queues, so I hope you have Priority Pass available. Good work!

Thank you very much and I hope that you're right about the popularity of this park. I must admit that I have some high hopes as well  :D  And not to worry the priority passes or should I rather say ''upper class pass" are widely spread and can be used by the major rides such as: Balance, The Factory, The Ambulance, Ceres (the wooden coaster) and many more  ;)

I've been seeing this park pop-up many times now and each time I'm just as curious to see what you've added next!
It's just such a unique concept to take a mundane subject matter like our daily lives in the society and subsequently create some of the most original rides I've ever seen in PlanCo.
My favourite ride is probably The Balance for its beautiful layout and centralized position in the park.

Looking forward to seeing some of your next updates!  :)

It's great to hear that you see this park pop-up several times, means that the "society-virus" is spreading. I'm glad that you like the concept since I tried to make it look like something you pass everyday but add some thrill to it. That's how I came up with the idea of Society Park.

I've had a few favorite rides during building this park but I must admit that despite the short layout of the Balance it is keeping it's charm throughout the project. Thank you for following this project and I have a new update for you  ;)

Update 35

So for this update I was struggling a bit about where I should continue next. I knew that I wanted to work my way to the Ferris Wheel so that the whole entrance of the Agricultural area comes together but I had several choices in where to continue. Eventually I chose to build the plaza that connects the Healthcare and Agricultural areas:

And the timelapse:

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
Re: Society Park [Update 35]
« Reply #83 on: March 23, 2018, 12:21 PM »
Beautiful! I feel this would be a nice area to eat lunch and enjoy the scenery. I can feel this park is going to be very popular among families and will be a success!

« Reply #84 on: March 25, 2018, 08:53 PM »
I instantly regret not looking at this thread for a while. :( Fantastic work and interesting theme.

Check out my latest projects!
Ride | Custom Scenery  | Park

« Reply #85 on: March 31, 2018, 05:15 AM »

Beautiful! I feel this would be a nice area to eat lunch and enjoy the scenery. I can feel this park is going to be very popular among families and will be a success!

I do still have to place a toilet somewhere near here. People enjoying there lunch by the fountains often have cause for some toilet visits ;) Especially with all tose families.

I instantly regret not looking at this thread for a while. :( Fantastic work and interesting theme.

Shame.... Shame... Shame...

Just kidding I'm glad you've found your way back, thank you and be sure to check it out more often :P

Update 36

Well just quickly dropping this in here before the Easter celebrations.

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
Re: Society Park [Update 36]
« Reply #86 on: March 31, 2018, 03:28 PM »
I haven't visited this park in a while. I must say I really like the look of this park. The architecture stands out as very well done. And everything flows together so well. Very nice job.
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

« Reply #87 on: March 31, 2018, 07:55 PM »
0.0 Wheel is gorgeous.

Check out my latest projects!
Ride | Custom Scenery  | Park

« Reply #88 on: April 13, 2018, 12:39 AM »
I haven't visited this park in a while. I must say I really like the look of this park. The architecture stands out as very well done. And everything flows together so well. Very nice job.

Great to hear that you think that everything still flows together. I myself had some doubts and troubles to make it flow :whistling:  Thank you and make sure to visit again soon  :P

0.0 Wheel is gorgeous.

Much wow, Much height, Much thanks  :D

Update 37

Hello fellow Planet Coaster lovers!

Welcome back to a new update of Society Park featuring Floral Cars. In this update we're starting of with theming the new kiddie ride Floral Cars. With offcourse (as the name suggest) allot of flowers and foilage. This whole thing has to become a cute little kiddie ride. This way the smaller children don't have to wait on their siblings when they're riding Ceres (the wooden coaster, yes I finally came up with a name xD).

Anyway as usual I have some pictures for you guys and a timelapse:

Re: Society Park [Update 37]
« Reply #89 on: April 13, 2018, 04:12 AM »
I admire your patience inserting all that glass into a curved structure.  The end result is well worth it.   :up: