[REL] Society Park [PARK ON STEAM]

• 210 replies

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: Society Park [Update 62 ~ Nearing the End]
« Reply #150 on: December 28, 2018, 11:14 AM »
I really like the theming of the drop tower!
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Re: Society Park [Update 62 ~ Nearing the End]
« Reply #151 on: January 11, 2019, 02:08 AM »
I really like the theming of the drop tower!

You only have to keep the legs short by or you'll lose some bits when going through the roof :sweat:  :D

Update 63

Hello fellow Planet Coaster Lovers and welcome back to Society Park.

This week we have a somewhat darker update. Like literally, it's dark in there...

I have a little surpirse for you guys. Society Park is proud to anounce that there has been another coaster added to the park. It's a launched motorbike darkride at the backside of the monorail station in the Technological Area. Yup, I was able to squeeze something in that small space.

The pictures that I've got are all inside the main building. Exterior looks will follow when it's complete, most likely in the next update.

Offline Salad Fries

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: Society Park [Update 63 ~ Surprise!!]
« Reply #152 on: January 11, 2019, 05:19 AM »
Wow very cool! Reminds me of tron!

« Reply #153 on: January 11, 2019, 05:41 AM »
very cool looking coaster

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 11, 2019, 07:41 AM »
That's a really good use of the motocoaster :) 
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Redhair

• Can't... Stop... Playing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 11, 2019, 07:42 AM »
Amazing, this is so inspiring to create a dark ride with Neon effects!
Real cool!

Re: Society Park [Update 64 ~ Almost done]
« Reply #156 on: January 19, 2019, 02:36 AM »
Wow very cool! Reminds me of tron!

Well guess what the inspiration was  :P

very cool looking coaster
That's a really good use of the motocoaster :) 

Thanks good to know that the choice for a motorcoaster was correct ;)

Amazing, this is so inspiring to create a dark ride with Neon effects!
Real cool!

Thank you, it's mostly inspired by the Tron ride though in Disney Shanghai

Update 64

Hello fellow Planet Coaster Lovers and welcome to another update of Society Park.

Last week we started by theming the newest coaster Light Racer. This week we'll actually finish it with the parks ugliest station.

I didn't want the building to distract from the drop tower, I did such a good job with that that the building is one of the ugliest in the park. Not really happy it but it does serve its goal so I decided to keep it. Take a look for yourself:

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: Society Park [Update 64 ~ Almost Done]
« Reply #157 on: January 19, 2019, 06:24 AM »
I don't think the station is ugly.  It has the same tastefully restrained style as the rest of the park and looks quite good.  But as a result, it's very misleading, showing no sign of the madness inside.  If that's the effect you want, then great.  But if you'd prefer to make the outside hint at the inside, while still keeping it subdued, you might experiment with some subtle color changes.

For example, repaint the walls a gray shade similar to, but not the same as, the Galactic War queue next door.  Then do the white trim pieces in semi-pastel shades of the bright neon colors inside.  Maybe leave the window frames white (or make them a light gray or even yellow), do the eave trim in a light green or purple, and the vertical corner trim in a light blue similar to that of the drop tower in the background.  That sort of thing.  Just a suggestion.

Anyway, those laser targets inside are quite ingenious combinations of parts.  I'll have to steal that idea :)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Re: Society Park [Update 65 ~ It's Done]
« Reply #158 on: January 25, 2019, 08:03 AM »
I don't think the station is ugly.  It has the same tastefully restrained style as the rest of the park and looks quite good.  But as a result, it's very misleading, showing no sign of the madness inside.  If that's the effect you want, then great.  But if you'd prefer to make the outside hint at the inside, while still keeping it subdued, you might experiment with some subtle color changes.

For example, repaint the walls a gray shade similar to, but not the same as, the Galactic War queue next door.  Then do the white trim pieces in semi-pastel shades of the bright neon colors inside.  Maybe leave the window frames white (or make them a light gray or even yellow), do the eave trim in a light green or purple, and the vertical corner trim in a light blue similar to that of the drop tower in the background.  That sort of thing.  Just a suggestion.

Anyway, those laser targets inside are quite ingenious combinations of parts.  I'll have to steal that idea :)

Thank you for your amazing comment and for the tips. I kind of like the idea of it being a bit misleading, I did add some extra Neon contours to the building to make it pop just a bit more. Also thank you for continously taking an interest in this park :up:

Update 65

Well guys here we are.. the final update of Society Park.

After 1,5 years and 65 episodes this mega park is finally a wrap. It's kind of a bitter sweet feeling for me cause I really enjoyed this park and learned a lot. Lessons that I'll take with me for my next park (yup you read that right).

But nevertheless there a still some things to look forward to. The Release!

As I mentioned I will release everything when it is completly finished. But I'll first record everything and with the recordings I'll release bits and pieces (some coasters and rides are blueprinted ;)).

For the videos I want everything to be perfect. This also means that it will take me quite some time to record and edit everything. I hope you guys can bear with me for just a little while longer. You can expect POV's, a grand tour and a light show made by OutsideTheBlock. I'll keep everyone updated via Twitter, I try to also do it here but I might forget :sweat:

Thank you guys again and enjoy the last episode!

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 25, 2019, 08:11 AM »
That semi-submerged Hellion Ring is genius!  I really like how that looks!  At first, I thought it was just a monumental archway, and it actually functions as such.  I love it!

Anyway, time for the popping of champagne!  Cheers!  And thanks for showing off this great park.  I've really enjoyed watching it develop over time and have stolen many of your ideas :).  I look forward to the final wrap-up and ultimate release.
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #160 on: January 25, 2019, 08:37 AM »
this is a great park - I love when full parks like this are created. Can't wait to see what you have in store for us in the future.

Offline Forgath

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 01, 2019, 05:41 AM »
Though I'm tuning in for the first time, seeing the park just finished, I'll do my best to read up.  I certainly like what I've seen so far!

Re: Society Park [Parkmap released]
« Reply #162 on: February 01, 2019, 07:35 AM »
That semi-submerged Hellion Ring is genius!  I really like how that looks!  At first, I thought it was just a monumental archway, and it actually functions as such.  I love it!

Anyway, time for the popping of champagne!  Cheers!  And thanks for showing off this great park.  I've really enjoyed watching it develop over time and have stolen many of your ideas :).  I look forward to the final wrap-up and ultimate release.

Thank you, the Helion Ring certaintly turned out a bit artistic. Also I'll gladly share some champagne with you and thank you for sticking around all this time  ;)

this is a great park - I love when full parks like this are created. Can't wait to see what you have in store for us in the future.

Well let me just reveal a little bit of what is to come... Another (smaller) theme park.

Though I'm tuning in for the first time, seeing the park just finished, I'll do my best to read up.  I certainly like what I've seen so far!

Thank you for joining and good luck with reading up  ;)

Hello fellow planet coaster lovers!

Even though there aren't any updates on Society Park anymore there is still some progress.

Please let met present to you the Park Map of Society Park:

Which ride would you like to ride first?

Re: Society Park [Parkmap Released]
« Reply #163 on: February 01, 2019, 07:53 AM »
I love the different park maps players are creating. This one is very colorful and looks great

« Reply #164 on: February 01, 2019, 10:33 AM »
Beautiful job! When are you releasing the park file itself?

Offline cap396

• View Profile
« Reply #165 on: February 01, 2019, 05:04 PM »
Love this!

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 01, 2019, 07:16 PM »
Outstanding map!
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Re: Society Park [Something is coming...]
« Reply #167 on: February 13, 2019, 04:35 AM »
I love the different park maps players are creating. This one is very colorful and looks great

Love this!

Outstanding map!

Thanks guys! I'm glad the park was to your liking  ;)

Beautiful job! When are you releasing the park file itself?

Thanks the park file will be released once I've recorded and released those vid's on youtube ;)

Something is coming...

Re: Society Park [Something is coming...]
« Reply #168 on: February 15, 2019, 03:56 AM »

Offline nazmakhan

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: Society Park [Trailer released]
« Reply #169 on: February 18, 2019, 12:38 AM »
It's a very exciting trailer.

I can't wait to see the final version.

« Reply #170 on: February 18, 2019, 05:17 PM »
Wow, this truly is an incredible park and a very impressive trailer -- nice job syncing up your scene changes to the music, it worked beautifully.  This park has an amazing layout, that you see both in the video and the map above.  The rainbow lighting on that coaster (I know, I need to scroll back through to catch up on the coaster names) is just magnificent.

You know you did a good job when I have "howd you do that questions":

I get how the horizontal tracking shot is done, I've done a few of those, but the slow pan straight into the air (without any jittery hand movements) is something I must know how to do!  :P

Also, on that park map, I assume you took a photo of the park and modified it, but what kind of editing did you have to do to give it that cartoon-like park map quality?

EDIT:  Just answered one of my own questions while in game, page up and page down :D
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 09:59 AM by JPAlmighT »

Offline Forgath

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 20, 2019, 02:26 AM »
A fantastic looking trailer DwarrenIce; thank you for creating and showing it :)

Offline Redhair

• Can't... Stop... Playing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 20, 2019, 11:29 AM »
One sub from here (when time has come). Just saw your trailer in my YouTube recommendations, very curious!

« Reply #173 on: February 21, 2019, 10:58 PM »
It's a very exciting trailer.

I can't wait to see the final version.

You and me both, still a little bit longer though, I want everything to be perfect ::)

Wow, this truly is an incredible park and a very impressive trailer -- nice job syncing up your scene changes to the music, it worked beautifully.  This park has an amazing layout, that you see both in the video and the map above.  The rainbow lighting on that coaster (I know, I need to scroll back through to catch up on the coaster names) is just magnificent.

You know you did a good job when I have "howd you do that questions":

I get how the horizontal tracking shot is done, I've done a few of those, but the slow pan straight into the air (without any jittery hand movements) is something I must know how to do!  :P

Also, on that park map, I assume you took a photo of the park and modified it, but what kind of editing did you have to do to give it that cartoon-like park map quality?

EDIT:  Just answered one of my own questions while in game, page up and page down :D

Thank you! can't take credit for the rainbow coaster (Neon), I built it but the show lighting up the entire coaster has been made by OutsideTheBlock who, as you can see, did an amazing job creating a lighting show.

The tracking shot that I made was using the free look camera, point to the ground and press s to zoom out. But page up and page down also work  :P

For the park map I did some automatic changes with the windows photo app, after that I went into Painttool SAI and added filter to boost the saturation and contrast. Then adding all the text and numbers and finally once again in Painttool SAI to add a bit more saturation and contrast  ;)

A fantastic looking trailer DwarrenIce; thank you for creating and showing it :)

You're very welcome and I'm glad you liked it

One sub from here (when time has come). Just saw your trailer in my YouTube recommendations, very curious!

Woohoo another one, thank you ;D

Offline Cortex919

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 26, 2019, 12:23 AM »
Absolutely beautiful! Can't wait for the final version ^^, !

« Reply #175 on: March 01, 2019, 07:44 AM »
Ladies and gentlemen,

You're all invited in #SocietyPark on Sunday March 10th 3pm (GMT +1/ CET). The staff will take you on our tour amongst the highlights of the park and the thrills it has to offer.

Kind regards,

Society Park Team

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
Re: Society Park [Premiere March 10th 3pm CET/GMT+1]
« Reply #176 on: March 03, 2019, 11:31 AM »
Can't wait for the tour!

Re: Society Park [Premiere March 10th 3pm CET/GMT+1]
« Reply #177 on: March 10, 2019, 07:21 AM »
Can't wait for the tour!

Well the wait is over, the tour is now online ;)

Re: Society Park [Tour NOW online]
« Reply #178 on: March 18, 2019, 08:45 AM »

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
Re: Society Park [The Neon Show is now online]
« Reply #179 on: March 18, 2019, 01:37 PM »
Wow! Beautiful! Exciting! Mesmerizing!

I like how the lighting on the structures echoes the colors of the fireworks. :up: