Uploading Planet Coaster files and links to the CS Depot

• 3 replies

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
With the ability to add billboards to the game, along with your own music and sound files, the CS Depot has opened its doors to accepting these files for upload. Now you can have a centralized place where players can get those extra files so they can enjoy downloading and visiting your parks even more.

In addition, the CS Depot also hosts Steam Workshop links to your parks and blueprints. Your projects can get some added exposure through the CS Depot, and not get lost within the hundreds of thousands of other items available for Planet Coaster through the Workshop.

Here's how to add your Planet Coaster stuff to the CS Depot.

There are currently 3 categories for Planet Coaster uploads...Parks, Blueprints, and UserMedia/Music Files.

To add a Steam Workshop link to a park or blueprint, be sure to first choose the correct category. Paste the url to your Steam Workshop page in the "Upload Url:" field. Or, you can upload the actual file if you like. Just choose "Upload File:" instead. Add a screenshot (must be uploaded from your hard drive) and that's it. Be sure your screenshot file is under 300,000 bytes, or it won't be accepted.

To upload your media files, (sound effect, music, images, etc.)zip them in a single package and choose "Upload File:". Never use "Upload File: and "Upload Url:" in the same upload page. It will only accept one or the other, so you can't use "Upload Url:" to post a link to your park on Steam. You need to paste the url in the description field. I have raised the maximum file size limit to 40Mb. You will need to split your files into multiple packages if the combined zipped file exceeds 40Mb. (I may up the limit, if it becomes necessary) Make sure to include directions on where to install the files in your zipped package. Add a screenshot of your park, and you're done.

Any questions, don't hesitate to ask here.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 04:55 PM by shyguy »
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
Re: Uploading Planet Coaster files and links to the CS Depot
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2017, 10:24 PM »
Thanks for setting all of this up for us!  :)

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2017, 06:33 AM »
Thanks!  This will be very useful.
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2017, 11:43 AM »
The file limit has been raised to 50MB!  :)
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot