Greenhead Park

• 22 replies

Offline rawrtrav

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Greenhead Park
« on: July 05, 2017, 11:51 AM »
Hi guys, I've spent the past week or so making an entrance for a typical amusement park and I thought I'd share it here!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=965366099

There's the Workshop download for it. I'd love to see some people build a park around this, maybe if people aren't completely happy with their own entrance areas and just want to build a park behind it!

I'm gonna be continuing the park and creating a timeline style park, with the first year set in 1990. Here are a few screenshots of what it looks like in game. Note that the wooden coaster isn't in the download, that's for my own personal park ;)

So as I mentioned above, I'll be filling out this park in a timeline, so I'll show some stuff as I'm building up until I've finished the 1990 version of the park, but after that I want to post updates as though I'm visiting the park once or twice per year!

Let me know what you think.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 11:58 AM by rawrtrav »

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
Re: Greenhead Park
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2017, 12:09 PM »
Looks beautiful so far!  I like all the details on the parking lot lights.  And the buildings look great.

Offline BlueSpirit

• ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2017, 01:53 AM »
I have to say, the parking lot and entrance area look really good! the flow of the entire area feels natural and the foliage around it adds allot to that. Can't wait to see how it develops.

Offline AemJaY

• Swiss Coaster builder
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2017, 03:29 AM »
that definitly looks realistic. i like it, with all the trees and fences and stuff! nice start!
Streamer and Youtuber from switzerland!
Visit: !twitter! // !Youtube // !Twitch

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2017, 04:00 AM »
Looks really good so far! Love it when a coaster is nearby the parking lot

Offline mineraljunction

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2017, 04:06 AM »
This is charming as heck! Interested to see how it progresses.  :up:

Offline Dazzyls

• *Insert inspiring quote*
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2017, 05:01 AM »
I really like the fact that you've chosen to make the path curve a bit at one side of the parking lot with those patches of foliage in between. Also, I really like the realistic feel to it.

Offline AcesCalifornia

• Ambitious But Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2017, 07:26 AM »
I love it's look so far! Would never have thought of bollards, but then I'm not motivated enough to make any form of car park xD

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2017, 08:00 AM »
If you can make a parking lot look this good I can't wait to see what's coming next :)

Offline Plokoon111

• Darkride Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2017, 01:46 PM »
Love your entrance building, very official looking, with the dome and looks like it could be a town hall, or a government building!

Offline rawrtrav

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2017, 10:08 AM »
Thanks for all the comments guys! Nice to see so many people interested in a car park haha.

I've been slowly progressing on this the past week between work, but unfortunately I'm already starting to experience a little bit of lag. It's not across the whole map, and it's only when I look in certain directions so I'm definitely thinking it's either something to do with the amount of trees/bushes around, or just that I'm using too many objects.

I've got a couple more pictures here to share, the first one is just another view of the car park/entrance, but I think it looks cool, and the second one is a bit of an overview showing how I've progressed the area a little bit and how I'm trying to stay as realistic as possible, especially when it comes to how I'm making the paths and stuff like that.

I'm also looking for a few suggestions on how I can go about theming/making the carousel look good, or if I should replace it with anything else. I'm going for a realistic American park from 1990, so anything that would fit in that area would be fantastic. If people have some suggestions for awesome carousels to replicate, or if people have suggestions for something else that would fit, I'd love to hear them.

Offline rawrtrav

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2017, 03:33 PM »
No ideas on what to do with the carousel? :(

Got a few more screens to show what I've been up to the past few days.

This is the first game stall in the 'carnival' area, based off Ocean Park Hong Kong. I'm struggling to create teddies/prizes, so the black and yellow ones are meant to be bees, but are probably a placeholder until I can find something better.

A cool view of the wooden coaster queueline and station.

Toilets and Dippin Dots.

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2017, 07:07 PM »
I really like your entrance buildings. It looks very realistic. And the midway game looks great.
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline AemJaY

• Swiss Coaster builder
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2017, 12:58 AM »
love the woodie! You definitly inspired me for my new park entrance area!
great looking work so far!
Streamer and Youtuber from switzerland!
Visit: !twitter! // !Youtube // !Twitch

Offline matt9537

• View Profile
    • Subscribe to BackwardsProductions
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2017, 02:47 AM »
Looks really authentic and realistic! I love it
Planet Coaster Tutorials - If you're new to Planet Coaster or an experienced player you'll find something new you can learn! [Updated]
Planet Coaster Blueprint Essentials - Don't start a new project without these!

Offline rawrtrav

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2017, 02:48 PM »
Thanks guys, glad to hear people are enjoying it.

Here's the latest addition, a steakhouse by the name of The Iron Grill! The building at the moment is about 4.2k objects, but I'll be trying to cut that down so as to upload it to the workshop.

If anyone can tell what it's based off, I'd be very impressed.

Offline _mister_MR_

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2017, 02:52 PM »
This looks fantastic!! You've really captured that classic east coast amusement park feel. I love your custom roofs, I can appreciate the time and effort to make them  ;)  I'm excited to see this develop further.

Offline Louis!

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2017, 03:51 AM »
You really need to cut down on those objects lol I still can't believe how many you've used. But it still took you quicker to build than it did me to half finish a building :P

Looks fantastic though, you need to show more :)

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2017, 10:56 AM »
Man, this is looking great. Super realistic and really charming!

Offline Kinderly

• Enjoy it while it lasts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2017, 09:24 PM »
I am in love with that structure. The environment around it looks great as well!

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2017, 08:08 AM »
Really beautiful and realistic!

« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2017, 09:45 AM »
Nice details on that game stall, really gives it a midway feel.  But your custom roof is fantastic; I've been wanting to do a roof like that and don't know if I have the patience.  Are those wooden planks?  I wouldn't have guessed they'd recolor so vibrantly.

Offline rawrtrav

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2017, 09:56 AM »
Nice details on that game stall, really gives it a midway feel.  But your custom roof is fantastic; I've been wanting to do a roof like that and don't know if I have the patience.  Are those wooden planks?  I wouldn't have guessed they'd recolor so vibrantly.

They're the thick wooden beams. They have no real texture and recolour really nicely for stuff like this, unlike the rest of the wooden pieces.

Thanks for the kind words everyone!