Hey from (another) dutch person :D

• 5 replies

Offline merrybike

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Hey from (another) dutch person :D
« on: July 16, 2017, 03:50 PM »
Hi!

I'm Merijn (merry in english, guess where that came from.)
After watching bro-coaster, silvaret and some others that kept mentioning this great place I couldn't not join :D

I'm a colorblind web-designer with a passion for creativity, and less of a passion for color  :down:

As a young ling I played a bit of RCT1, but planet coaster has taken me by surprise. Where I used to just make stuff in sketchup or other 3d environments planet coaster is just all that and more since it has coasters and come on, they're coasters.

I hope to contribute worthwhile stuff to this place and I look really forward to seeing all these amazing projects.

Offline PandaCoasters

• The Grinch wearing a mask holding a gun
    • View Profile
    • PandaCoasters' Youtube
Re: Hey from (another) dutch person :D
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 04:51 PM »
Referrals are always fantastic, glad to have you on board! :welcome:

Also a pleasure to meet a fellow web designer, though definitely the first colorblind one I've heard of - would love to see you post your work in the artist's corner. :)
'I vote that my team makes Trump Land with a big fat wall from Boston's Dams so we can make SSD great again and keep out the illegal normies.'

-me, SSD'16

Offline merrybike

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 04:41 AM »
I don't have much online right now as i'm dealing with a few personal details. Because of my colourblindness i've started to focus more on the UX side of things and less on the actual designing, although I do still enjoy both. Also don't need to see colours to make dope animations  :whistling:

Offline LoneWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2017, 09:06 AM »
Welcome!
Proud Member of: Dutcher's Outer Worldly Network, fun for all and all for fun!

Offline Dazzyls

• *Insert inspiring quote*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2017, 10:59 AM »
Welcome, fellow Dutchman!

It must be annoying sometimes to be colourblind. I remember I once had a conversation with a colourblind person who made a great wooden coaster in RCT3, but he made it green because he didn't see much difference between that and an actual brown-ish wooden colour.

I hope that even with your colourblindness you'll be able to create some amazing stuff on here (and judging from your Amsterdam backyard coaster I'm sure you will)

Anyway, have a great time here!

Offline merrybike

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2017, 04:12 AM »
Welcome, fellow Dutchman!

It must be annoying sometimes to be colourblind. I remember I once had a conversation with a colourblind person who made a great wooden coaster in RCT3, but he made it green because he didn't see much difference between that and an actual brown-ish wooden colour.

I hope that even with your colourblindness you'll be able to create some amazing stuff on here (and judging from your Amsterdam backyard coaster I'm sure you will)

Anyway, have a great time here!
Speaking about green, this one time I one a colouring contest in like 3rd grade for making a bunch of vietnamese people green, they thought it was very original. I thought it was yellow.