Re: (W.I.P.) Fairytale Woods (Last Update 22.04.19)

• 36 replies

Offline RCTSpanky

• Old RCT fart :)
    • View Profile
Re: (W.I.P.) Fairytale Woods (Last Update 10.08.17)
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2018, 02:22 PM »
With the release of the World Fair DLC I come up with a lot of new ideas for this park. But currently I work on a totally different (in the closest meaning of this word) project with or for Planet Coaster.  :whistling:

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2018, 04:44 PM »
well THAT sounds intriguing!   :whistling:

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2018, 07:58 PM »
Good to see you back, Spanky!  I hope to see you continue this.
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Offline RCTSpanky

• View Profile
Re: (W.I.P.) Fairytale Woods (Last "Update" 16.04.2019)
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2019, 12:04 PM »
Maybe you read it in the PlanCo forum that I had to renew windows a few months ago, but stupidly did not backup my PlanCo parks and blueprints.

Fortunately, there is still this thread with all the pictures, so I can orient myself a little bit, if I will build the "Arabian Nights" part again. This theme is still one of my favorites and I will definitely pick it up again.

At the moment I'm on a trip to China again. This is my creation of a little teahouse, inspired by the famous Huxinting Tea House in Shanghai. The pagoda was created by HeltRoy豆豆 and is taken from the PlanCo Workshop.

The Asia Theme in Planco is great, but some objects that PlanCo calls "small" are anything but that. But you already know that. The new "Sky Temple" looks great and is perfectly modeled after the original in Efteling.

I already uploaded some Chinese vases in the TMT workshop. Maybe you have already seen them?

If I can fix my "problem" with the right placement of walls in Blender, maybe more will come.

Hope, you'll like this small update. More hopefully soon.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2019, 09:07 PM »
Wow Spanky, the wait was worth it! Your 'little' teahouse looks like a four-star restaurant. HeltRoy's pagoda looks fantastic; I love the muted colors. And those vases- beautiful! Everything about that last screenshot shouts 'China'. :up:

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2019, 10:45 AM »
Wow, sorry you had to rebuild stuff, but you sure did a great job!  Excellent building and those vases are wonderful!
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Offline RCTSpanky

• View Profile
Re: (W.I.P.) Fairytale Woods (Last Update 22.04.19)
« Reply #36 on: Yesterday at 04:01 PM »
I'm still learning to create new objects in Blender and I think I'm making good progress. Meanwhile I found out how to place walls on grids almost exactly, Normal Maps and Flexi-Color also work.

In my latest test, I also found that I should probably change the front and back of the objects to get better results with light and shadow.

« Last Edit: Yesterday at 04:03 PM by RCTSpanky »