PortAventura

• 74 replies

Offline alfatm

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
PortAventura
« on: July 23, 2017, 11:59 AM »
Hello everyone, this is my new proyect, I will recreate the park located in Spain called PortAventura in Planet Coaster. With the passage of the days, I will go putting photos of the development of the park. Recreation I started with shambhala and dragon khan. I hope you like it.

Offline matt9537

• View Profile
    • Subscribe to BackwardsProductions
Re: PortAventura
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2017, 12:41 PM »
I love Portavenutra. I'm so glad someones doing a recreation of it!
Planet Coaster Tutorials - If you're new to Planet Coaster or an experienced player you'll find something new you can learn! [Updated]
Planet Coaster Blueprint Essentials - Don't start a new project without these!

Offline rawrtrav

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2017, 12:54 PM »
PortAventura is one of my favourite parks, can't wait to see more of this. What you've got there looks like a decent start, but maybe a little underdetailed to get the true feeling of the area.

Offline alfatm

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2017, 08:45 AM »
A new update today. I did the China square, the entrance and the coaster station of Dragon Khan and the great wall of china. Finally the splash of shambhala.

Offline SPRidley

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2017, 10:45 AM »
I hate what port aventura has been turned to but this is freaking magnificent. It looks incredibly similar to the real thing, in fact I would say it looks better kept lol
The shambhala splash area is simply beautiful, and as someone who made a version of it in alpha1-2 the coaster was hard to fit in the older maps because of the size hahaha.

I would change the colour of the trains though, the shabhala ones are golden, and I know I could get them looking exactly the same when I tried, so you can too.
EDIT Wait, i think you changed the colur of them already, becuase the ones in the last screen look right lol. Nevermind hahaha
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 10:47 AM by SPRidley »

Offline alfatm

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2017, 12:09 AM »
I would change the colour of the trains though, the shabhala ones are golden, and I know I could get them looking exactly the same when I tried, so you can too.
EDIT Wait, i think you changed the colur of them already, becuase the ones in the last screen look right lol. Nevermind hahaha

Yess hahaha, I changed the color of the trains yesterday. A friend, adryadry gave me the code with the colors.

Offline alfatm

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2017, 10:38 AM »
I bring more pics. In the first photo, we can see the China square, with the entrance to the great imperial theater down to the left, the queue zone of Dragon Khan and the express entrance.
In the second photo, is the same square but from the opposite perspective, where we can see Hurakan Condor.
These days I'm doing the Mexican area with "El Diablo" and once "Silver River Flume" since one depends on the other. I leave a small advance of the area of Mexico, the entrance to the restaurant "La Cantina"

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2017, 11:37 AM »
This should be fun to watch. I always like to see recreations, especially of parks I haven't been to, and probably never will visit.
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline alfatm

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2017, 08:16 AM »
I uploaded Shambhala and Dragon Khan and their coaster stations. Also I included the China square.
You can download it here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1094999079&searchtext=dragon+khan

Offline alfatm

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2017, 11:08 AM »
Come on with a great update. The construction of "El Diablo: Tren de la Mina" with the station and the theming and details throughout its route and of "Silver River Flume"

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2017, 04:37 PM »

That's an amazing amount of custom supports for that coaster ;)  Looks very nice!

I have a question, though.  What's the lumpy white stuff that the 1st drop spirals around in the 4th pic?  It reminds me of beer foam and makes me want to jump into it ;)

-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Offline alfatm

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2017, 01:33 AM »
That's an amazing amount of custom supports for that coaster ;)  Looks very nice!
I have a question, though.  What's the lumpy white stuff that the 1st drop spirals around in the 4th pic?  It reminds me of beer foam and makes me want to jump into it ;)
The white ground is withe rocks. In real park, there are small white rocks.

Today the poster of "The Devil" is modified, also the entrance gate is made to China, it is built The tail area and the entrance of Hurakan Condor and installs and thematizes "The Feathered Octopus" "La serpiente emplumada"

Change of the sign of "El Diablo"

Gateway to China

Entrance to Hurakán Condor

Queue area of the "El Secreto de los Mayas" and Hurakan Condor queue building

Progress on the Silver River Flume fences as they are set in reality

"La Serpiente emplumada" is installed and thematized

Offline andreizsmart

• 'supercoolsuper'
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2017, 11:03 AM »
Impressive thus far. I just visited this park during my trip to Europe in May and I have to say, PortAventura is pretty damn wonderful. The Western area is incredible and some of the vistas and themeing elements are on par with Disney. So far youre doing the park justice with this recreation. Keep it up and can't wait to see more.
Initiating power transfer...

Offline SPRidley

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2017, 08:09 AM »
Are you not going to use billboards? the recreation is top notch bu I think a lot of things would benefit of using them, like the El Diablo logo.
Also, any ready why you chose the vekoma/arrow coaster instead of the mine train we have now? The rails look more similar in yours, as the original is an arrow coaster, but I think that modern looking train is a disservice to the the detail of theming you are putting into it.

Impressive thus far. I just visited this park during my trip to Europe in May and I have to say, PortAventura is pretty damn wonderful. The Western area is incredible and some of the vistas and themeing elements are on par with Disney. So far youre doing the park justice with this recreation. Keep it up and can't wait to see more.

i only people would actually have visited in its golden days isntead of the state is now.
Im really surpised people think its on par with disney though, thats probably the busch gardens effect (the original designers of the park) degrading much slower becuase it was very well done than any of the other parts destroyed by the italian management.

Offline alfatm

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2017, 01:51 PM »
Are you not going to use billboards? the recreation is top notch bu I think a lot of things would benefit of using them, like the El Diablo logo.
Also, any ready why you chose the vekoma/arrow coaster instead of the mine train we have now? The rails look more similar in yours, as the original is an arrow coaster, but I think that modern looking train is a disservice to the the detail of theming you are putting into it.
I think that rails are more important than trains.

This days I am aimproving details and I started to built "La Hacienda" the mexican restaurant.

Offline alfatm

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2017, 10:59 AM »
It advances in the area of "The Hacienda" realizing "TAXCO" with its salamander included. Above you can see the photo of the recreation and below the reality. Also the exterior of the restaurant "La Cantina" is realized and the second port is built that we are if we go from Far West to Mexico.

Recreation vs Real

La Cantina

Gateway to Mexico

PA Overview

Offline Doeyhead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2017, 01:11 PM »
I love the real picture to picture comparison! Very good!

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2017, 02:03 PM »
Impressive job of recreating the original!
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline SPRidley

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2017, 03:58 PM »
The comparison shot is amazingly impressive. Even the sizes and distances are right, something really ahrd to emulate in planet coaster. Good job!

I still think that in a mine trains case, is more important the feel of the car than the rails :P

Offline alfatm

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2017, 11:45 AM »
The zone of Mexico is finished (in absence of the "Temple of the Fire"). It concludes "The Hacienda" and the surrounding area. In addition, street lamps, advertising posters and signs indicating directions are added.
Finally, the "La Cantina" is moved further behind to provide more space for the temple of fire and this way the part of the entrance is modified, leaving it more similar to the real one. Also the stage that is next to the Cantina is built.

Area of "La Hacienda"

Vial of Mexico

La Cantina and the stage

China Streetlights

China address books

Express and other posters in the Dragon Khan area
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 03:47 PM by shyguy »

Offline alfatm

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2017, 09:55 AM »
The Far West begins with the recreation of Stampida and Tomahawk. Of this last coaster has already been made the station and the queue zone. In addition is realized the area where is "Vultrix", the cemetery and "Horror in Penitence".

General view

Vultrix and cementery

Vultrix

Cementery

Tomahawk

Horror in penitence

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2017, 12:57 PM »
Why do you tease us so?   :P  You show a pic with part of some totally fascinating and certainly awesome colossal dueling wooden coaster and move on to other things without showing any more of this?.  AAARRGGGHHH!  I must see more of that, maybe even a video :D  Of course, the other things are also quite cool and interesting, and I really like them.  But I'm a total fiend for wooden coasters :D

Please remember that some of us know nothing at all about the real PortAventura due to living on the other side of the world.  While I myself have actually set foot in Spain, it was only for 6 hours in the middle of the night, I spent the entire time inside a hangar, and even that little visit was nearly 27 years ago.  Thus, I'm completely ignorant of Spain and all things in it.  So please give us some more information in your posts (and more pics of the wooden duelists :D)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2017, 04:43 PM »
Why do you tease us so?   :P  You show a pic with part of some totally fascinating and certainly awesome colossal dueling wooden coaster and move on to other things without showing any more of this?
Yes, I agree. It seems you're rushing through this. Take your time to show us the details of this park. The presentations of your RCT3 projects were so well done. But I think this suffers as you appear to be in too much of a hurry.

I like a lot of this, but some of it, not so much. But I think that's not your fault, but the design of the park. It appears to be a mishmash of themed areas that just doesn't quite work. If that's what PortAventura is like, then you've captured it perfectly. :)
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline alfatm

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2017, 11:00 AM »
Thanks for the advice. Maybe I should have presented the real park to those who do not know it. It's never too late to do it. And you should keep your cool to see the wooden coaster duel hahaha

PortAventura has 5 themed areas. China, Mexico, Far West, Mediterranean and Polynesia. I already did half of China, the zone of Mexico already is realized and now I am realizing the Far West.

The far west has two main wooden coasters called Stampida, divided into blue and red. There is also a smaller wooden coaster for children called Tomahawk.

Then I leave you photos of what has been done so far compared to the real park.

Far West area with "Penitence School" on the left and "Blacksmith's Labyrinth" on the right

The cemetery area, also located in Far West

Horror in penitence

On ride view of "Silver River Flume". The real image is autumn, with trees with few leaves

La Hacienda, the area that links Mexico with Far west

A vial from Mexico

Hurakan Condor entrance

"El Diablo" entrance

The entry to China from Mexico

China Square with views of Shambhala and Dragon Khan

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2017, 07:54 PM »
Thanks very much for the explanation of the real park.  Wow!  Your recreation is really accurate!

But please, tell us more about all those fantastic coasters shown in the background.  On-ride videos would be nice, too :)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline alfatm

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2017, 09:53 AM »
New update loaded with news.
Construction of a wooden coaster called Stampida that is divided into two colors blue and red whose travel is realized practically in the same time.
Progress is made in Far West with the construction of the main square of this area where various buildings are located with games, the carousel and the entrance to Stampida. I have recreated the games in as much detail as possible simulating the soccer goal, baskets ...
In addition, a part of the main street and the partial installation of the show Fort Frenzee is realized. It is worth noting the construction of "The Old Steak House" and the terraces that are located next to this building.

General view of PortAventura

Far West

Buildings within the square of the Far West

Games

Entrance to Stampida

The Old Steak House

Terrace next to The Old Steak House

Stampida

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2017, 04:57 PM »
I'd love to see a POV video of Stampeda.  It looks very exciting.

I'm a bit disconcerted by a game called "Unball", however.  It has connotations of castration ;)

-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline alfatm

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2017, 12:42 PM »
Let's go with a great update. It recreates the queue area of Stampida and the exit zone of the wooden coaster.
The entrance area consists of a common path for both colors until there is a point where the visitor has to choose a color, red or blue, a point there, the paths separate until reaching the coaster station.

General view

Entrance to Stampida

Common path

The guest has to choose a color

Red or blue

Red or blue

Sight from queue

Coaster station

Exit from the coaster

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2017, 08:08 AM »
Yay!  Finally a good look at Stampeda!  Wow, that's a cool double coaster!  Nice construction details in and around it, too  :up:

So, when do we get an on-ride video?
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline alfatm

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2017, 08:00 AM »
I'm making a video, the next week will be available  :up:

Let's go with a great update. The Fort Frenzee show is completed by performing the steps and the surroundings of the stage. In addition the station of the transport train (Penitence Station) is completed and "Photo Wanted" is installed to take out some self-portraits, the Saloon is built and the buildings that are opposite the same one including the Photo Self Service where the visitor climbs by stairs and you can make a photo hanged.
General view

Penitence Station, Saloon and shooting gallery

Saloon

Entrance to Fort Frenzee

Stage stands

Shooting gallery

Main Street of Far West

Photo Self Service

Yogurtería

Penitence Station

General view