Parkitect Tips & Tricks

• 10 replies

Offline CoastersPaul

• Parkitect Hipster
    • View Profile
Parkitect Tips & Tricks
« on: July 23, 2017, 04:38 PM »
I discover some small tricks every now and then, and since I don't feel like writing full tutorials on them with actual good-looking pictures, most of them get forgotten or lost in the "What Did You Just Do..." thread. I've decided to finally make a place to post these when I find them - feel free to share your own here too!

These two walls act like they're as tall as a full wall for blocking paths even though they look just half a wall tall. This doesn't happen with some of the other material's walls in this shape, so it might be a bug (I'm really hoping Sebioff decides not to fix this, though.)

So if you place them 0.25 units under the ground (0.75 units or three moves down while holding shift from on ground level), they're completely hidden. They still replace fences on queues or slopes, and disconnect paths - which is probably most useful for adding path edge deco:

The one problem I've run into is that I can't get rid of entrance and exit fences still because those are impossible to replace (hopefully this gets changed.)

Edit: Reddit user /u/thrashfan brought to my attention that this fence piece also works (though it doesn't in A16+). The tall fence just called "Fence", the tall iron fence, and tall jaeger fence still work. On a related note, "fence" doesn't look like a real word to me anymore.

I've been sitting on this one for a while. I did this once in my Disney park - though I didn't know they could be hidden this well without needing path covers back then. I used the second part of this for the benches at the tables by my vanilla invert, though I'd forgotten these pieces so it was hidden even worse. After seeing Coasterb's excellent drop tower and then wondering if you could hide the fences on queues, I decided to try to perfect this.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 01:52 PM by CoastersPaul »

Offline Coasterb

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: Parkitect Tips & Tricks
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2017, 05:40 AM »
Using 'Coasterspaul' trick of sinking the curved walls under path edges to erase the unwanted fences on queue paths, I found you can use this to help make Diagonal Paths.

1.So step one you make a zig zag path in the direction you want your diagonal path to go. Then you can add some diagonal path rails on it, either from Shy guys sets 4 or from Path essentials set

2. Step two, use 'CoastersPaul' trick, sink the walls down to get rid of the unwanted queue rails.

3. Step three, Use a path cover from 'Path essentials' and colour them green to match the grass, to hide the corners of path that poke out.

4. Step four, (Optional) jazz up the area to hide the path covers a little better with rocks & plants etc, And add path covers to the path.

Offline Free-N-Coaster

• Imagination has no limits ..
    • View Profile
    • YT Channel :
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2017, 09:00 AM »
Ok well this is to late for me, I had post the same trick just few minute ago but I had don't see this post because many hours ago that I haven't refresh the page.  :bored:

Offline CoastersPaul

• Parkitect Hipster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2017, 10:30 AM »
Thanks for finding yet another piece that does this, sorry I didn't notice yours earlier! Hope you don't mind me trying to collect these sorts of tricks in one place.

It’s probably time for another one: (this one's so old the save file's kind of broken and wouldn't let me place paths for the picture):

Pipes on the Alt+4 grid are so far the best way I've found to make ride signs in vanilla, even though they're not recolorable, and the sign ends up pretty large and it's not that generic. (Hopefully the shine on the pipes looks better next update.)

Offline Coasterb

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2017, 12:47 PM »
Well the trick with sinking the fence boarders under paths to get rid of unwanted path rails has been removed in the update with Alpha 16 :( here what i mean ->
I'm kind of sad about it. I also used to lover land to plant trees and then raise the ground again and you would get a sunken tree to look like large scrubs, That was also probably a bug that was taken out.

Offline CoastersPaul

• Parkitect Hipster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2017, 01:47 PM »
Just tested it. The curved walls and tall fences still work, but not that one "fence (curb)" piece. Sinking trees is still working for me too.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 01:50 PM by CoastersPaul »

Offline Free-N-Coaster

• View Profile
    • YT Channel :
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2017, 04:28 PM »
Ok I'm fine my trick still work, hope it still work on the next Alphas.  :sweat:

Offline CoastersPaul

• Parkitect Hipster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2017, 12:19 PM »
Another tip from the forums I wanted to save:

If you want the colours I made for the fake grass copy that: #326C29

Then one from me, of course.

The new shapes work pretty well for custom trees in a pinch, if you want bigger trees, different colors, or just want more control over shapes. They don't have the same texture detail so they won't blend perfectly, and the wooden columns already in the game might make better trunks for some trees, but I'm still pretty happy with the results. You can download my exact blueprints from this album, but I'm sure other people can make even better ones.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 04:28 PM by CoastersPaul »

Offline Free-N-Coaster

• View Profile
    • YT Channel :
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2017, 11:52 AM »
I like the pine, maybe we can make one day something like a really big christmas tree or anything else with your trick.  :up:

Offline CoastersPaul

• Parkitect Hipster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2018, 03:17 PM »
^^ That grass color is still a decent match, but with the graphics update it's not quite as good as it was. I haven't had the patience to try to find a perfect match, so disguising the transition with foliage is probably the best bet.

Wow, trees have improved so much since I made those  ;D

I've almost never used the "Sheet Wall" pieces (under Structures/Hangar). It turns out they're useful!

They're offset from the other wall pieces - so you can cover up walls with the front side, or you can use the back side for a wall that doesn't stick out past roof pieces!

It's also useful as just a new material, but I do want to mention that it also has different shading, so you can't just copy colors from the basic wall pieces and have it match - and its brightest colors aren't nearly as bright. Just something to keep in mind if you use them.

Offline CoastersPaul

• Parkitect Hipster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2018, 06:27 AM »
On the Parkitect Discord, @Distantsic (who's working on a killer support mod, btw) found the best support killer in the game:

Edit: Apparently any tree works, this was the smallest fir.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 09:18 PM by CoastersPaul »