Re: Palisade Park
« Reply #150 on: September 12, 2018, 01:51 PM »
no picture overload - love seeing as much as I can of this park

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 12, 2018, 02:22 PM »
That spire is INCREDIBLE! (the sign's quite nice, too).  And I like the look of the wysteria on the roof.  Just be careful with that vine, though.  While it has pretty flowers, it's actually quite evil.  It will pull buildings apart once it gets hold of them, and it and kudzu are locked in a bitter war for world domination :)
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #152 on: September 12, 2018, 02:58 PM »
Thx for the nice words........the spire is just one of the small decorative roofs rotated 12 times....easy. Anywho, since you were all so nice about the amount of pics I've been showing.....here are 3 more. I promise no more pics til the weekend.....unless the hurricane trashes my house......which apparently is a possibility.
Enjoy!

I think like I live like I work like I love.....voluminous and disjointed. Get used to it.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 13, 2018, 07:02 AM »
See, I'd have never thought of doing a spire that way ;).

Anyway, as a fellow resident of a hurricane-prone area, I wish you good luck with Francis.  Let us know how you fare, if you have the electricity to do so.
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #154 on: September 13, 2018, 08:51 AM »
I can't tell you how many hours I've spent simply taking each asset in the game and seeing what it looks like in various combinations of rotation. It has created some very interesting shapes........the carousel topper in this park for example, is the Mermaid statue turned sideways and rotated 24 times sitting atop the large Pirate statue also turned sideways and rotated 24 times.
I think like I live like I work like I love.....voluminous and disjointed. Get used to it.

Offline FCP-Rug

• I'm batman!
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 13, 2018, 10:12 AM »
Loving the different levels in your park, Like the aeronauts/queue area/Firefly cafe bit!

Loads of creative and random ideas! You seem to just load up the game and go...how am I gonna break it today?
Always be yourself...unless you can be batman!

« Reply #156 on: September 13, 2018, 11:09 AM »
Thanks. Yes, to be honest, I am building this park only for myself......so that is a very accurate assessment. The only thing I am trying to make sure of is that overall, there is a slight sense of cohesion, even though the buildings might vary in theme and style.

Offline FCP-Rug

• I'm batman!
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 13, 2018, 11:18 AM »
Yeah, absolutely. I can see that.

The planet coaster fairytale stuff seems to underlie most of the park which probably help that. Either way it looks good.
Always be yourself...unless you can be batman!

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 13, 2018, 05:13 PM »
Thanks. Yes, to be honest, I am building this park only for myself......so that is a very accurate assessment. The only thing I am trying to make sure of is that overall, there is a slight sense of cohesion, even though the buildings might vary in theme and style.

I think we all build our parks for ourselves.  In the recent contest, for example, despite all of us having the same starting point and being give the same general objectives with only the timing and location varying on a few items, it's really hard to tell all these parks were built to the same set of requirements.  Everybody put an individual spin on things.

But anyway, Palisade Park has real cohesion.  Your architecture is highly varied throughout yet each building still somehow bears a strong and unmistakable family resemblance to all the others.  It's like my own cattle.  From time to time depending on beef prices, I speculate in a bit of scrub ranching, 1 cheap bull of badly mixed breeds and a dozen or so heifers of whatever origin I can buy cheap.  Given this pathetic herd, there should be no telling what the calves will look like.  But the strange thing is, the calves always are recognizably marked by the most distinctive physical feature the bull has but the ex-heifers-and-now-cows don't have (FWIW, "heifer" is the bovine word for "virgin").  Palisade Park is disgraced by any comparison with my periodic bouts of ranching but you still mark your creations as much as my mongrel bulls do  :up:
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #159 on: September 13, 2018, 09:06 PM »
Thx BH. Not sure what that rancher lingo means, but I am guessing you like the park thus far. At any rate, thank you.

Offline Forgath

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 14, 2018, 01:26 AM »
Wonderful pictures LuxDreaming! The purple light given to the coaster creates a very special vibe :)

« Reply #161 on: September 14, 2018, 01:03 PM »
Very kind words, all.
My mind is a cyclone!

« Reply #162 on: September 16, 2018, 02:53 PM »
Reverse overview shot of the progress made this weekend. Added a Mega Lite coaster back by the pier and created a new section of the park........yay....more work!
Cheers!!!

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 16, 2018, 06:18 PM »
I really like the new coasters, Lux.  Of course, every wooden coaster turns my head but the layout of your Cyclone here is quite intriguing and I want a POV :).  Also, the new steel coaster, although only vaguely visible, also has my antennae raised.

I like how you're adding stuff.  IIRC from way back when this park started, you already had it all laid out and were forcing yourself to conform to that plan.  So I'm glad to see you've exceeded your brief and are adding on in the remaining space.  And also, the last pic makes me think this park is rather more than 1/2 done :)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #164 on: September 18, 2018, 08:53 PM »
Thx BH....a few new progress shots. Still chugging along...

Offline nazmakhan

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: September 18, 2018, 10:38 PM »
Fence and signboard ideas stand out. If you go this way, a great masterpiece will appear.

« Reply #166 on: September 19, 2018, 11:20 AM »
Very nice of you to say that. Hopefully my computer can keep up with this park. It's starting to lag a bit. I am probably going to tone down the theming on the rest of the park so it can be finished. Anywho...today's work and a new overview. Now I must get back to actual work.
Cheers!

« Reply #167 on: September 24, 2018, 01:02 PM »
Today's work. Enjoy!
Cheers!

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 24, 2018, 02:42 PM »
Such picturesque trellises and such for such a brutal ride ;)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #169 on: September 24, 2018, 04:46 PM »
Dichotomy is my middle name.

« Reply #170 on: September 26, 2018, 09:46 AM »
Farting around this afternoon.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 26, 2018, 07:32 PM »
Damn, Lux, I thought that coaster's drop already was was wicked before you added the waterfall.  I'm really looking forward to riding that.
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #172 on: October 02, 2018, 03:38 PM »
Thx BH. Lil' beauty shot of the layout of Valkyrie.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 02, 2018, 04:27 PM »
That's a lot of inversions :)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 02, 2018, 04:35 PM »
Love that huge coaster and how it interacts with the waterfall. Is that a woodie or RMC?
(I'm not a coasterhead :P)
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

« Reply #175 on: October 02, 2018, 08:29 PM »
Thx Shy.....it's an RMC.

« Reply #176 on: October 05, 2018, 10:22 AM »
Happy Friday!!!
Some progress...not much, but anyway......screens!

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 05, 2018, 11:20 AM »
Happy Friday back at ya!  I really like the gardening here.
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #178 on: October 05, 2018, 12:18 PM »
Thx BH! Last 3 pics for the weekend.......2 shots of Prospect Peak and a new overview....as you can see......lots done. This park should be released by Thanksgiving at the rate I'm going.

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 05, 2018, 12:28 PM »
Wow! This park has gotten huge! Great work as always.
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot