Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
Re: Palisade Park
« Reply #210 on: December 11, 2018, 03:11 PM »
This park is so big and wonderful!!

« Reply #211 on: December 12, 2018, 07:01 AM »
Thanks, Derek. Yes, it's a huge park. And thankfully, almost done!
I think like I live like I work like I love.....voluminous and disjointed. Get used to it.

« Reply #212 on: December 13, 2018, 09:51 AM »
S'More progress......

I think like I live like I work like I love.....voluminous and disjointed. Get used to it.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 13, 2018, 02:07 PM »
Wow, that central pier building is certainly unique.  I really like it :)
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #214 on: December 13, 2018, 05:58 PM »
I can't get over the way you blend realistic architecture with fantasy theming and make it all look real.   There's lots of inspiration to take from this place.

« Reply #215 on: December 13, 2018, 08:24 PM »
You guys are really too kind. As I've said a thousand times, the only rhyme or reason in this park is........do I like it.....it's a hodge pudge of random to be sure, but at the end of the day, this park is a place I would be a season pass holder.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 13, 2018, 10:06 PM »
...the only rhyme or reason in this park is........do I like it....

That's the best way to create a park IMO. When adding something to your park, all you have to do is ask yourself that question: "Do I like it?" Whether it makes sense in the real world or not is less important.

I've always liked the pastel look of the screenshots in this park. You're using an in-game filter? It makes everything look lighthearted and friendly and adds to the fantasy feel of your park. :up:

« Reply #217 on: December 15, 2018, 09:41 AM »
I'm not aware of using an in game filter...hmmm...maybe I am and didn't realize it.

« Reply #218 on: January 17, 2019, 12:44 PM »
Happy New Year! Been tinkering around with this behemoth, trying to get the last part of the pier finished. The lag is awful. Hoping to have it out and done by Feb. 1st.
Some progress.
Cheers!

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 17, 2019, 01:15 PM »
Great to see you continue to plug away at this, despite the lag problem. Kudos on being able to build the whole park on one map. I know I'll soon be forced to chop Wonder World up into bite-sized pieces if Frontier is unable to remedy the lag problem. Oh well.

Your shots look great, as always.
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 17, 2019, 08:25 PM »
Looking awesome! I have always liked the feeling of pier amusement parks, even if it is just a theme area. The classic feeling is something that pays tribute to older amusement parks that had really set the standard for theme parks. Amazing screenshots!  :yes:

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 17, 2019, 08:48 PM »
Looks awesome as usual, Lux!  I'm eagerly anticipating release ;)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 17, 2019, 09:02 PM »
LuxDreaming, I think the thing I like most about Palisade Park is the consistently whimsical nature of your building style: pink Dumbos pulling sleighs while Ursula the sea witch wraps her tentacles around everything- great stuff. Good-natured fun permeates the entire park.
Looks like the horses galloped away from your merry-go-round (gazebo). Maybe they were frightened off by the giant shark head. :P

« Reply #223 on: January 19, 2019, 11:10 AM »
Your kind words are most appreciated. Many thanks. A few shots of one of two dark rides on the pier, Palisade Manor, a short trip through a haunted house. Cheers!

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 19, 2019, 01:10 PM »
I like how the look of the manor changes over time.  During the day, it looks quite inviting with its pastel colors and flowers all over, although the coffin-shaped windows might raise slight suspicions.  But then at night it looks quite different, very foreboding ;)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: January 19, 2019, 03:29 PM »
Echoing BH's comment- by day, Palisade Manor looks like it could be Santa's Workshop (if you overlook the coffin windows, the gargoyles, and the purple smoke coming out of the chimney). Sort of a Smurf's version of a haunted house. :P  While at night, it looks dramatic, but still in a light-hearted theatrical sort of way. (Wonder what's on the inside?)

Offline hhnman234

• RCT3 Forever and Always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 20, 2019, 09:48 AM »
Awesome work on scenery placement and ride creation. Keep up the awesome work!

« Reply #227 on: January 23, 2019, 03:44 PM »
Thx guys.....very kind words........SO!!!!!! 4 ride signs are the last thing to do in this park, and then 18 months of work will be up in the workshop as Palisade Park will be released this weekend! As I have said before....this park suffers greatly from lag....so all the shops are closed, there is NO staff, save for a few mechanics, and the park itself is closed. Any brave souls who want to open this park to peeps will first need to hire staff for all the shops and open them. Also might want to heavily staff the park with the other employees as it is huge! But for now, enjoy the last screens of Palisade Park before its' release.
Cheers!

« Reply #228 on: January 23, 2019, 03:52 PM »
And just for the hellofit.........a progress comparison of where this started and where it ended....

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 23, 2019, 08:45 PM »
Damn, Lux, that looks incredible!  I've got the champagne chilling for this weekend ;)\

I remember you starting this park by laying out the paths and major rides first, then filling in the gaps.  It doesn't seem that long ago, really.  It's been a great trip.  Thanks for all the inspiration along the way.
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #230 on: January 24, 2019, 12:49 PM »
Ladies and Gentlemen!

It's time!

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1634102517

Welcome to Palisade Park! 12 Groovy Coasters, 4 fully themed dark rides, and hours of fun await you! WARNING! Due to the enormity of the park and the lag resulting, ALL SHOPS ARE CLOSED! The park is closed and all rides are only in test mode. THERE IS NO STAFF in this park as all the shops are closed, save for a few mechanics. If you decide to open the park to peeps, you will need to hire staff for each shop. Lastly, if you ride Palisade Funhouse, the station roof is set too low, so your head will get cut off. Other than that, I hope you enjoy exploring this labor of love I have been toiling over for 18 months!

« Reply #231 on: January 24, 2019, 04:07 PM »
I am really looking to giving this a serious look!

And especially kudos to you for seeing this beauty through to the end! That in itself is a feat!

EDIT; So I've tried to open the park three times now, and it crashed my game all three times. Have you given any thought to splitting the park into two halves for those of us who are woefully inadequate in the PC department?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 03:40 AM by citytrader »

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 25, 2019, 05:19 AM »
WTG Lux!  (pops champagne)  :up:

I haven't had much chance to look at it yet but it does open for me in a reasonable time and, in its original state, has quite acceptable FPS for moving the camera around.

Of course, I had to try opening it as I like to see peeps running around while I'm walking through a park.  So first I saved it as a sandbox and reopened it that way.  Interestingly, the FPS was considerably worse as a sandbox than as a scenario.  Then I started opening shops, without even hiring vendors yet, and that blew things up.

So anyway, this evening I'll give it a proper look, leaving it as a scenario :)  What little I've seen so far really makes me want to go back for more :)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #233 on: January 25, 2019, 02:44 PM »
Thx BH. So I set the graphics to Medium, and then I was able to open the shops, hire staff and open the park to peeps and with the park speed set to medium it actually worked quite well..I would say around 16 fps.

« Reply #234 on: January 30, 2019, 11:41 AM »
Haven't heard anyone's thoughts on Palisade Park....likes, dislikes.....can you even open the park. I am thinking I may split the park in half and release it as a front and back section. Maybe that will make it playable.
Cheers!

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 30, 2019, 03:25 PM »
My apologies.  I had no problem swinging the camera around with the park closed so I took that as a challenge to open the park.  Bad idea.  Spent a lot of time trying to make that even work, because I like seeing peeps in the park.  So I haven't actually taken a walk-through yet, but I've at least given up on this idea so will just wander the place empty.  I hope to report on that soon.

I did notice, however, that you've got a collision of buses in the parking lot.  Only nit to pick so far.
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #236 on: January 30, 2019, 05:15 PM »
Haven't heard anyone's thoughts on Palisade Park....likes, dislikes.....can you even open the park. I am thinking I may split the park in half and release it as a front and back section. Maybe that will make it playable.
Cheers!

I commented a few posts ago I was unable to open the park. I would love for you to split the park in two!

« Reply #237 on: January 31, 2019, 08:35 AM »
Weird about the busses, as I set them to stationary. That said, I have been exploring the park with peeps, and it seems that whatever was recently updated, has now broken the track rides, namely the sleds and the cars, as they station gates no longer open to let peeps on, just sends out empty cars and then the queue fills up and peeps get pissed off. Anyone else have this happen?

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 31, 2019, 01:29 PM »
Hmmm. The buses were all stationary for me. I didn't open the park, so didn't test the track ride problem.
Otherwise, as I've always said, screenshots don't do a park justice. You've got to visit a park first hand to really appreciate all the work and craftsmanship that goes into it. This park is beautiful. I love all the little details and decor, the landscaping and terraforming, the fountains and waterfalls, etc., etc. This was a huge endeavor, and you've created something to be proud of. Great Job!
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 31, 2019, 02:48 PM »
Weird about the busses, as I set them to stationary.

The buses aren't moving, but 2 are overlapped.
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page