Palisade Park

• 186 replies
Re: Palisade Park
« Reply #60 on: June 21, 2018, 10:03 PM »
Thanks. I was actually working on a movie in NOLA...so no vaca there. But just got back from 2 weeks in Palm Springs, Vegas and SF......long overdue. Anywho...thanks for the kind words. Will be posting more screens tomorrow of the work I've done this evening. I'm in the fortunate position, due to the movie I just did, that I am taking the rest of the year off. Second half of the year will be spent in Europe.
Cheers!
I think like I live like I work like I love.....voluminous and disjointed. Get used to it.

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 22, 2018, 02:57 AM »
All the new stuff looks great. I'm always happy to see an update from you.

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 22, 2018, 10:16 AM »
This is coming along really nicely. In the last few screenshots, do I see elevation changes in the paths? It's hard to tell. But extra kudos to you if there are, as I know what a pain that is to do.
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

« Reply #63 on: June 22, 2018, 10:58 AM »
Thanks. And yes, many elevation changes in the paths.
I think like I live like I work like I love.....voluminous and disjointed. Get used to it.

« Reply #64 on: June 27, 2018, 02:31 PM »
Howdy. Some theming and such around the GoKarts. Enjoy!

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 28, 2018, 06:22 AM »
That's a very well-executed, attractively quaint style of building around the track.  What do you call it?
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #66 on: June 28, 2018, 09:32 AM »
Thanks. I call it mish mosh eclectic.

« Reply #67 on: June 28, 2018, 11:07 AM »
The atmosphere is so enchanting! I get a little french countryside influence.

« Reply #68 on: June 28, 2018, 01:12 PM »
Looks really nice! Your buildings are very quant.

« Reply #69 on: June 30, 2018, 12:08 PM »
Happy Saturday! Some more progress made today on Palisade Park, including a reverse overview shot of the park. Cheers!

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 30, 2018, 12:23 PM »
You keep coming up with unique building styles that I keep liking ;).  Also, those coasters look fun.  When do we get to ride?
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #71 on: June 30, 2018, 02:30 PM »
Thanks for the kind words. A few more shots to round out the weekend. I will release the park when it's done.....hopefully before August.
Cheers!

« Reply #72 on: July 02, 2018, 01:19 PM »
More progress...

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 02, 2018, 06:47 PM »
Dammit Lux, between you and Fisherman, I'm tempted to hang up my PC jock.  I've got no hope :)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 02, 2018, 07:15 PM »
I love the organic look you've given this area, with the great landscaping and flowers growing along the edges of the buildings.

Dammit Lux, between you and Fisherman, I'm tempted to hang up my PC jock.  I've got no hope :)
You don't give yourself enough credit. I've been spending a lot of time at Quarantine Island (for reasons that will soon be disclosed.;)) and there are so many brilliant things to discover in that park. Don't even think about giving up.
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline dinoco

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 04, 2018, 07:29 AM »
Well, this is one of those projects that could make you go "k, I'm done" ;) For me, it's very much inspiring.
This is nitpicking on a very very high level so don't mind me, but if anything you could change the elevation of some of the bushes on the building maybe, to kinda break the repeating pattern?

« Reply #76 on: July 07, 2018, 01:09 PM »
Thanks for the kind words. Keeps me plugging along on this behemoth. Last 5 screens of this weekends work. Not gonna play PC again until Tuesday when the update comes out so I can see what I might need to reimagine.
Cheers!

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 07, 2018, 10:34 PM »
Completely stunning, Lux ;).  If you have to re-imagine anything, can I have your old ideas?  I'm not good at imagining :)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline dinoco

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 08, 2018, 07:05 AM »
Would really like to see that last turn of Firehawk in action. Looks stunning. Having my personal problems with the RMC single rail's looks but otherwise, great!

« Reply #79 on: July 08, 2018, 09:00 AM »
Thanks all. Bullethead, I don't think you give yourself enough credit for your work. It's quite fantastic. An dinoco.......I'd love to hear what specifically you aren't liking about Culebra. I always appreciate feedback on things that can be improved. Please let me know your thoughts. It can only help me improve my game. Cheers!

Offline dinoco

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 08, 2018, 10:05 AM »
Hey, please don't get me wrong - the coaster seems like a wonderful ride, it's just the look of the bulky one piece rail that puts me off of it, in comparison to the almost filigrane looking arrow track right beside it. So if anyone, it's RMC who's to blame ;) If they put up more coasters like that, I'll get used to it ;)

« Reply #81 on: July 08, 2018, 12:06 PM »
Oh, I thought you had input for the ride itself. Yeah, having now been on one of these RMC single rails, I will say that the ones that are now out, have a much smaller rail as they are single rider cars.....but damn are they intense. Hopefully the kind of trains that are in the game will be out in real life soon as it's weird not being able to sit next to anyone.

« Reply #82 on: July 10, 2018, 03:05 PM »
I feel like Steve Martin in "The Jerk" with these photos......."The new phone book is here! The new phone book is here!"
This new pack is both interesting and a challenge to integrate the pieces into my park without making it look out of place. So...here is Diablo Falls. I'm fairly pleased with the result.
Cheers!

Offline dinoco

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 11, 2018, 06:58 AM »
OT: We'll get the first RMC conversion next year I think at Walibi Holland, which will be the closest from Germany (Wildfire at Kolmarden, Sweden is the second closest and that's about 800km/500miles linear distance(!), two countries and one ocean). And they usually don't build super thrill machines here often, so I'll have to wait and see if we ever get a Trex coaster or plan a US coaster tour :)

Your log flume has a nice feel to it, although I guess the "Diablo" part takes place indoors, as the outside looks very lush and well kept. Maybe add a couple climbing twines to the buildings, green as they are?

« Reply #84 on: July 11, 2018, 09:59 AM »
Howdy dinoco. Actually I just changed the name of the ride as I didn't want to over theme it and detract from the consistency I've got going on....so now it's called Palisade Falls.

Offline dinoco

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 11, 2018, 10:05 AM »
Don't wanna clutter your thread but I guess ->  :up:

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 12, 2018, 03:29 AM »
Brilliant success on the integration of the Vintage stuff into your overall theme.  It doesn't stand out at all, it just makes for more of this park's trademark uniqueness.

I note we think alike about that new face archway, in associating it with water.  I saw it and immediately thought it was the genius loci of Lake Planco in the summer contest, so I've been trying to figure a way to work it into my park :)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Tornado96

• Fire is the element of Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 12, 2018, 04:38 AM »
Man, You are incredible at creating these set pieces. It seems to me there's not a single plaza in the park that doesn't have a brilliant view of a coaster rushing past. That would get me so exited to ride it! Like Shyguy said, loving how much foliage you're able to fit into every nook & cranny of the park.

Offline Forgath

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 12, 2018, 06:30 AM »
Im just picking up on this park for the first time. Wonderful scenery, my compliments!

« Reply #89 on: July 12, 2018, 09:43 AM »
Thanks for the kind words. A few shots from today's work, plus an overview so you can see HOW much work there is still left to do.
Cheers!