• 189 replies
Re: Palisade Park
« Reply #90 on: July 12, 2018, 11:06 AM »
the gazebo and the stage work well together

Offline cap396

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 12, 2018, 02:17 PM »
Your screen shots are so crisp and clear.  Nice work!

« Reply #92 on: July 13, 2018, 02:21 PM »
You guys are too kind. Means the world. Here's today's work......the station and surrounding buildings for the inverted coaster "Raju". Cheers!

I think like I live like I work like I love.....voluminous and disjointed. Get used to it.

« Reply #93 on: July 14, 2018, 12:21 PM »
Aaaaannnnndddddd.....Raju is all finished. Last screen for a while.....don't want to inundate peeps with too many screens.
Cheers!

I think like I live like I work like I love.....voluminous and disjointed. Get used to it.

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 14, 2018, 09:11 PM »
Wow. This is just phenomenal! I love how the coaster looms over the buildings, that is a great reveal and really makes guests ready to ride the attraction. Raju looks thrilling and is only enhanced by its surrounding environment. Well done!

« Reply #95 on: July 19, 2018, 01:03 PM »
Thanks Cody. A few new shots of the station and surrounding food area plaza near Mountain Express a new mine train coaster I built. More on that later. Cheers!

« Reply #96 on: July 20, 2018, 10:10 AM »
OK...figured out how to make that Wild Blue ride work based on the fact I prematurely placed it on a mountain......anywho.....here are the last two screens I will be showing of this park until this entire section is complete. Cheers!

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 20, 2018, 08:17 PM »
That's some more very pretty stuff, Lux!  And that fountain has, what?  300 parts?  :o
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #98 on: July 22, 2018, 01:08 PM »
Thx BH. Actually 274 pieces are in that silly little fountain.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 22, 2018, 06:59 PM »
Thx BH. Actually 274 pieces are in that silly little fountain.

Hehehe, I feel pretty good about my guess of the part count.  Years of training to count large numbers of stuff at a glance ;).
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #100 on: July 24, 2018, 02:48 PM »
A few more progress shots. This side of the park is almost done.

« Reply #101 on: July 25, 2018, 01:13 PM »
Howdy...today's progress........the dark ride "Satan's Hollow" is themed, enclosed and the station bldg is done........plus an overview of the park thus far.......as you can see....still a LONG way to go! Cheers!

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 25, 2018, 01:41 PM »
Crikey, it's really filling out now. It's hell of a lot of work there.
The pink lighting on Satan's Hollow looks great, and I don't even like pink ;) May I suggest trying toning down the yellow lighting on it a bit though. I just think that with the lit sign and the pink underlighting, the bright yellow is killing the wonderful sombre tone a little.
I'm loving seeing this park grow. It's wonderful.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 25, 2018, 07:57 PM »
Lux, I continue to marvel at your ability to string parts together in ways so contrary to their nature while making them enjoy it.  You are truly dangerous with the editors  :up:
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #104 on: July 26, 2018, 01:15 PM »
You guys are very kind. Thanks for the feedback....Nemmie, I did change the lighting to cut down the yellow on Satan's Hollow. Anywho, here's today's work. Cheers!

« Reply #105 on: July 27, 2018, 05:10 PM »
Today's screens......a tiny bit....but oh there is soooooooo much more that happened today! Screens of that tomorrow!
Cheers!

« Reply #106 on: July 27, 2018, 05:49 PM »
love that last shot

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 27, 2018, 09:16 PM »
Oh those are beautiful!!!

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 28, 2018, 05:47 PM »
Those are some very impressive buildings but I find the daylight pics of the last few posts somewhat washed out.  You might want to adjust the time of day a bit for some of them to avoid that.
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 28, 2018, 06:24 PM »
Those are some very impressive buildings but I find the daylight pics of the last few posts somewhat washed out.  You might want to adjust the time of day a bit for some of them to avoid that.
I'm thinking Lux may have his monitor's brightness settings too low, so the pics may look just fine to him, but to others, like myself, they look washed out. Or maybe my monitor's brightness setting is too high? :P
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 28, 2018, 06:52 PM »
I'm thinking Lux may have his monitor's brightness settings too low, so the pics may look just fine to him, but to others, like myself, they look washed out. Or maybe my monitor's brightness setting is too high? :P

My monitor's brightness is about at the bottom but contrast is about at the top.
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #111 on: July 28, 2018, 09:40 PM »
My monitor is at full contrast. I have the game daylight set to noon. It helps me build. I'm not showing progress for beauty shots...that's what the night time pics are for. I'm trying to get this park finished and done in the next ten days as if it isn't, then it will be on hold for another two years due to work......so I regret that the quality of the photos aren't up to snuff........but the alternative is I stop showing work, forget the park and come back in 2020 when I have time to show more work........and that depends on if I am still living in the USA.

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 28, 2018, 10:19 PM »
Dude. Chill.

There's nothing wrong with the lighting or time of day that you take your screenshots. I'm just saying that the brightness and/or contrast of screenshots may look different on different monitors.

Usually this shows up more on nighttime shots. I've seen people post night time screenshots, and I can't see a thing, while others can make out the scene just fine.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 10:20 PM by shyguy »
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

« Reply #113 on: July 29, 2018, 07:37 AM »
My post wasn't angry. I was just stating that I'm working to show progress on the park and get it done before I am no longer able to play this game. Sorry if it sounded terse. A lot of stress in life at the moment.

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 29, 2018, 12:23 PM »
I feel the park comes to life at night. I love the lighting and the level of detail. Amazing job!

« Reply #115 on: July 29, 2018, 02:40 PM »
That very last shot is just breathtaking. Beautiful work.

« Reply #116 on: July 30, 2018, 01:37 PM »
Thank you for the nice words.  Today's work.......

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 30, 2018, 06:14 PM »
That's pretty nifty, Lux.  Due to the lighting, the skull on the cliff looks more like a negative, a depression rather than a relief feature, from certain angles.  Kinda like how lunar craters look like domes in Apollo pics :)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #118 on: July 31, 2018, 06:06 PM »
Thx BH!

Today's progress...... I will most likely be putting this park up in the workshop next week before I leave the country....it will only be half done, but honestly, I might not be able to get back to this game for a couple years......work on location and my laptop can't run PC....hell my desktop is grinding through this park. Anyway, I'll cross that bridge next week. For now.....some more work.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 31, 2018, 09:43 PM »
Looking good, Lux.  Sorry to hear we'll be losing you for a couple years.  I was looking forward to you being the summer contest.  But have a good trip and invest in a gaming laptop ;).
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page