Coney Island 1950

• 278 replies

Offline xRBz

• Comeback baby!
    • View Profile
    • richardblok.com
Re: Coney Island 1950! "A Functional Maze..."
« Reply #270 on: August 10, 2018, 01:03 PM »
I really love the small metal fencing around the merry-go-round. Reminds me to use the stock fences more. Also love how colorful the kids area looks.

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 10, 2018, 02:33 PM »
I wonder if Captain Lockjaw has to water the flowers on top of the lamp posts...  It all looks so wonderful, Rich!   :o

« Reply #272 on: August 10, 2018, 03:02 PM »
Thank you all!

Here's one of the in-game vintage buildings, think it was a info booth. I converted it to a hotdog stand!

The Loop Da Loop also made into Kiddie Land because it's small!

Was trolling through the workshop and found this wonderful item. With the kind permission of Mr. Orange, this beautiful skin for the ferris wheel has found a home in Coney Island;

It's absolutely gorgeous, and it really fits the style of the adjoining structures. Kudos to Mr. Orange!!!

Coney Island has always had a reputation as a dump. Empty buildings, broken lights and signs, and uncollected trash hardly add up to "family entertainment!"

Online Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 10, 2018, 04:18 PM »
Wow, that's gorgeous!  Yes indeed, kudos to Mr. Orange. (I can't remember which one he was in Reservoir Dogs :D )

If you're going for the seedy look in places, I have a "Skid Row Flophouse" hotel you might be interested in.  It's not on the Workshop yet but will be later this evening.  It's small, only like a dozen rooms wedged into it.
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #274 on: August 11, 2018, 08:08 AM »
Thank you for the flophouse! I have indeed added it to the Bowery, it fits right in. I did make a few adjustments, adding some windows, changing up some colors, and removing one floor from the flophouse itself. I hope you like!

Online Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 11, 2018, 01:34 PM »
Heheh, it looks even seedier that before ;).  Great job!  I'm quite flattered.  I really enjoyed the tour, too.
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #276 on: August 12, 2018, 04:25 PM »
A small stage has been added to McCulloughs, where the Dapper Dans are performing today!

Stage available on the Workshop;

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1477064448

Online Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: Coney Island 1950
« Reply #277 on: August 12, 2018, 10:23 PM »
There's quite some ingenuity in that stage.  I'll be stealing some of those ideas ;)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
Re: Coney Island 1950
« Reply #278 on: August 12, 2018, 11:25 PM »
That is a super detailed stage. Looks perfect for any midway themed area and can host a variety of live entertainment offerings. Amazing design!